Hardcore Fitness Maniacs NOVEMBER 2018

Good Morning,

StudioSweat Tabata Tone w/Cat this morning upper and lower body 20 seconds on 10 second rest 8 rounds of each exercise with a 60 second rest between sets it was tough and my knee that has been bothering for the last couple of weeks didn’t appreciate it. I love the Hallmark Channel this time of year.

Debbie-I just logged my food and exercise this morning, had scrambled eggs with turkey sausage and bell peppers.

Roslyn-good job today

Good morning,

ICE ROCK'M SOCK'M KICKBOX is done.

Diane Sue - our bedroom is above the garage too. We have carpet in the bedroom, still from the previous owner. My husband wants carpet, I hate it. I want something I can mop quickly instead of vacuuming/shampooing constantly with all the dogs. The dogs usually make a mess on the carpet instead were I have tiles. I like the central vacuum cleaner but schlepping it upstairs/downstairs is a task with that very long hose. Great job yesterday on your workouts. Is your shoulder any better?

Debbie - weird, no one else is having a problem with MFP.

Roxie - great job with your eating and workout this morning. Be careful with your knee. Love Hallmark channel.

Jolie - impressive weights yesterday.

Roselyn - great job with BB yesterday.

I will try to be back later.

Reactions: WD
Sorry such a late post, I had to get out of the house early to vote and then I had a meeting that lasted most of the morning.

Today I did Cardio Coach 3 and I think I need to put running off for a week or so. My right hamstring and glute is still REALLY sore from the Hips and Glutes workout. I think I must have pulled something because it really hurts when I walk/run or just plain move. It felt better this weekend but now it hurts again. I stretched it and rolled it but it didn't really do much.

I will stretch when I get home and after 4DS tomorrow I plan on doing a stretch workout as well. I am so concerned about getting my steps in that I am not taking care of what my body is telling me. I need to stop doing that and just make time for stretching. Obviously the older I get, the more I need it.

Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.87 miles, burned 362 calories and went 5754 steps. HR was 149/193.

Myfitnesspal seems to be working today. I was able to log in and I just posted my breakfast. Yay!!! I felt lost without it yesterday evening.

Diane Sue - That is scary about the microwave cooking and I believe it. If it strips the foods of nutrition, what are you really eating? And I rely on that stupid invention for everything when I'm here at work. I warmed up beef stew last night for dinner and actually did it in a pan on the stove. I swear it tasted better!! Nice job on your workout, I want to try Kelly's 60/60 Core, is that a RAW workout?? The exercises sound fun! LOL!! How is your neck?

Belinda - Who is Susanne Bowen? Does she have stretching on Youtube or do you have to purchase her DVDs?? Sounds like something I might like to get. And yes, I pre-ordered Cathe's new workouts but they will probably be the same type of workouts as her last two series. I'm sick of the cardio & weights she does. Funny, I love Kelly's cardio and weights, but not Cathe's. Probably because Cathe's are so high impact.

Jolie - Great job with the chest workout yesterday! Killing it! I agree about 4DS, I just wish I could run this week, my muscles are so tight!!!

Roselyn - Great job with BB!! So jealous that you have time to do them. I might plan on doing them sometime soon.

Roxie - Be careful with that knee. Nice job on your workout!! We don't get the Hallmark Channel anymore, I loved that station!

Have great workouts everyone!! And a great VOTING DAY!!!

Debbie - Susanne Bowen is a barre instructor. https://suzannebowenfitness.com/lp01/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyK68vZfA3gIVgl6GCh28qw0MEAAYASAAEgKWKvD_BwE She does have a stretch dvd on Amazon or as a download on her website. I like her stretches a lot. I do her yearly subscription, which is only $79. Everyone that signed up before she raised the price last year got grandfathered. I did preordered the last day. I feel the same way about Cathe's cardio & weights workouts. They all starting to look alike. I canceled her last series, didn't like the clips. Glad I did, didn't like any of the cardio. The boxing one wasn't too bad. I bored the dvd's from my friend. I am running through the ICE workouts, not sure if I need more of the same kind. Amanda hardly modifies in the KB workout. Had to come up with my own. My knees can't handle all that high impact anymore. Unless I want a knee replacement soon, lol. I love Cathe's older workouts and the premixes. I love Kelly too. Her workouts are fun and she always comes up with something different. Great job this morning.

Today I put together a kick Butt Biceps and Triceps workout that ended with Leg Curls. I used both Progessive Sets and Drop Sets and my arms are like noodles! Workout was 48 minutes and I burned 373 calories. No rest between set for the Progressive Sets and 1 minute rest on the other exercises except no rest between the Drop Set.

STS Warm Up
Standing Bicep Curls- Progressive Set DB's
12# x 15
15# x 12
17# x 8
17# x 8
15# x 12
12# x 15

Lying Triceps Ext.- Progressive Set DB's
8# x 15
10# x 12
12# x 8
12# x 8
10# x 12
8# x 15

Hammer Curls- DB's
17# x 12, x 10, x 8
14# x 8 Drop Set

Lying Cross Body Ext.-
12# x 12, x 10, x 8
10# x 8 Drop Set

W Bicep Curls- Progressive Set DB's
8# x 15
10# x 12
12# x 8
12# x 8
10# x 12
8# x 15

2 Arm KickBacks- Progressive Set DB's
5# x 15
8# x 12
10# x 8
10# x 8
8# x 12
5# x 15

Incline Bicep Curls- DB's
14# x 12, x 10, x 8
12# x 8 Drop Set

Triceps Cable Pull Downs-
30# x 12, x 12, x 12

Leg Curls-
20# x 25 TF, x 21 TF, x 19 TF

Wow!

Debbie, great workout today even though your hamsting and glute was tight. Instead of running this week maybe do yoga or stretch so next week you are back to normal? I have learned to listen to my body otherwise I am hurting so bad I cant even workout. I had to take it easy with my shoulder this summer but now I feel good. I only use the microwave to heat up water or a few things otherwise I use the stove top or toaster oven.

Diane Sue, I am making Turkey Chili today with avocado, cilantro and green onions on the top! Yum...

Roselyn, nice BB workout! Love those especially the bulk workouts.

Roxie, nice job on the workout and the eats today! I am making turkey chili today since my son had his wisdom teeth out yesterday and i figuare he might be able to eat some chili. I can blend it up for him!

Belinda, I have to check out that workout you posted. I am always looking for new ideas and exercises. I seem to put my own workouts together now since I like traditional lifting best. Most new workouts like Cathe's are not my favorite way to workout.

Go Red Wave!!!!!!! Voted!

Since my neck and shoulders was very painful last night to the point that Advil was not working, I was careful about the workout choice today. I did Low Impact Sweat workout #2 timesaver with the blizzard blast (omitted the overhead press with the db's) 39 minutes, 254 calories, met 5.9, heart rate average 124, max 158, 2,692 steps. I followed this with Kelly Coffey's Build and Burn lower body tabata, 30 minutes, met 4.5, 149 calories, heart rate average 104, max 147, 1080 steps. Total time was 69 minutes, 403 calories.
Weights for
banded side steps medium band
kickstand dead lifts 15# dbs 6,6,6,6 reps
squat variations 20# dbs 6,6,6,6 reps
side lunge into knee pull body weight 4 sets
front and back lunges 20# dbs 6,6,6,6 reps
split stance plyo pops body weight 4 sets
plie variations ( I did not hold the dumbbells on my shoulders) 15# dbs 4 sets
wide stance dead lift and squat up 20# dbs 4 sets
bridges 8 sets I used a 15# dumbbell when both feet were together on these(they do not use weight)

I have been busy as my granddaughter has been sick and I picked her up yesterday from school and today her Dad brought her over before he went to work. So, getting things accomplished today was priority

Roxie, sorry the knees are bothering you. It can be so frustrating when you really want to do the workouts. It limits what you can do. Nice work on getting something in.

Belinda, I do not know why dogs prefer to make the mess on the carpet, but they do. Mine had her spot when she gets sick that was right at the top of the hallway to the bedroom. When we got rid of the carpet, she used the rug in front of the door. This only happens when she is ill though and that is rare. We had a real problem for awhile till I figured out which type dog food worked for her. I hate carpet. The less carpet the better. You can never clean all of the dirt out of carpet. I get down on the floor to do floor work and the carpet makees my nose itch and makes me cough. Then my dog likes to roll around on it so I think she rubs off the pollen and stuff she drags in.
I thought about the Ice kickboxing workout or the lower body one till I realized I would be frying my shoulders and neck and changed my mind for today. Nice work.

Debbie, those injuries are such annoying set backs. Sometimes I think when I over do some of the stretching trying to really get into it instead of gentle stretching and I end up aggravating the inflammation more than helping it. It will probably do you good to lay off that area for a bit. I did not used to have so much problem with my hip flexers. Now particularly my right one sometimes gets sore and tight enough that it hurts when I sit with my legs crossed. That is when I know I have to keep up with the stretching before it gets like that and I keep having to remind myself of that. I have wondered if the surgery on the left knee has thrown things off on the right leg or something. The 6/60/core workout was a raw workout and only 13 minutes as I think she intended it as an core add on to other workouts since she had had requests for it. I like that it is not as long as the other one for those times when I want to get a quicker ab workout it. It kind of takes the boredom out of abs. Yes, food that is cooked on the stove top and in the oven tastes better than microwaved. Microwaves bounce the cells in the food around to heat them. I am glad I have already voted. We went for early voting on Saturday. I love that they are careful here to check id's for voting. Wonder how they do that with those states where they do online voting. They can't see the person that is voting. It could be someone using someone else voter id. I don't trust it myself. jmo.

Belinda, I did a trial of Suzanne Bowen's workouts when I first bought one of hers. I like them, but there were so many workouts and I was a bit overwhelmed as to what I wanted to do as I was unfamiliar with her style. Since then I have her stretch dvd's and her bounce dvd which I like. Not super intense, but nice. I gather she does have tougher stuff with light weights too.

Jolie, great workout again today :) The turkey chili sounds yummy. I still have some of my paleo chili I made in the freezer. I need to pull some out, now that you reminded me that I need to use this cilantro I bought. A couple of my recent recipes called for cilantro. I should see if I can freeze a bit of it. I never seem to use a whole bunch of it at a time since I am generally the only person eating it. Yes, to the red wave :)

Good morning,

I will do a SBF workout today.

DH and I talk a small road trip starting today, not sure how long we will be gone? We drive to Virginia Beach first. The weather is suppose to be nice. Great for a walk on the beach. I will take my computer with me. I will do SBF workouts and walking while I am on the road.

Jolie - I also like traditional lifting best. This is probably why I like her older dvd's over her new ones. I should follow your workouts, lol. They look amazing. Good job yesterday.

Diane Sue - Susanne has a lot of workouts on her site, it can be overwhelming if you not familiar with her stuff. Every month she puts out monthly rotations. I usually do those. Her upper body barre is tough, especially when you on the floor using your bodyweight. She does a lot of bodyweight workouts. She does a lot of push ups, planks different variations. Her upper body with weights she only uses #2,3, 5 or 8's. They are very high reps, you feel the burn. Her lower barre really gets my legs good.I can't hardly walk up the stairs after a leg workout. Her cardio barre isn't a killer cardio but it gets the job done. She always shows modifications. When I signed up a few years ago, I was overwhelmed with her workouts too. I gave her another shot when I injured my back and loved her style. I don't know if you remember I had a lot of back problems years ago? Slipped discs and so on. Ever since I do her workouts my back feels fine. I like her ab workouts, I can feel my abs burning. I like her lower ab workouts. Cathe's ab workouts hurts my back . She only has a few bounce on her site. Haven't done any yet, I should do them. I have to wear insoles for my PF. If I wear my shoes it kills my PF. If I wear no shoes my PF hurts too. Don't get it? Maybe all that bouncing isn't good for PF.

I will check in later.

Today I did 4DS Shoulders, Calves & Core but I skipped Calves and Core. I wanted to try Kelly's 6/60 (loved it) and I don't need to do calf work. Warmed up with GS Back, Shoulders & Bi's.

Round 1
Seated Overhead Press
- 8's/10's/12's/15's - Pyramid sets (16/12/10/8 reps)

Round 2
Alternate OH Press
- 15's - 3 sets/4 reps each side
SS w/
Upright Dumbbell Rows – 15's - 12 reps (used my barbell)

I repeated this SS using 12's for the alternate press and 15's for UR.

Round 3
Lateral Raises
– 10's - 3 sets/8 reps

Round 4
Front/Rear Raises
– 8's - 2 sets/8 reps
SS w/
Rear Delt Flyes – 8's - 2 sets/12 reps

Round 5
External Rotation Pulls w/Band

Calves - Skipped

Abs - Did Kelly's 6/60

I really liked that ab workout, felt it pretty good and doing pushups in between kept my abs engaged so the next ab exercise was noticeable. I'll be using this one as a staple to my ab routine if I ever make one up. LOL!!!

Workout was 37 minutes, burned 247 calories, HR was 126/157 and I did 1026 steps.

I also walked did Kelly's RAW Stretch but only did up to pigeon. It felt good to stretch but now I'm way behind on my steps. :(

Diane Sue - So I'm not too happy about the outcome of the election. At least we still have the senate. Scares me that Pelosi is talking about becoming the House Speaker, incredible that she is even still in office, makes me wonder what is going on in this country? Anyways, we'll see what happens I guess. Nice job taking it easy on your workout yesterday, it's hard to do that!! I agree, sometimes stretching causes more irritation, I have been careful with that, but my muscles are very tight right now.

Jolie - Yes, I agree, I will be stretching a bit more this week and see if that helps. Nice job on your workout!!! And on a political note, the people of CA needs to get rid of Pelosi!!! :)

Belinda - Thanks for the link to the website, I will definitely check it out. I agree with what you say about Cathe's workouts. I love her weight workouts - they are the best - but I'm not of fan of her cardio anymore. Just way to high on impact. And she has never really had modifiers, all of those girls does exactly what Cathe does. LOL!! Have fun on your trip!

Roxie - What are you doing today? Hope you have a great workout!

Roselyn - Hope you have a great workout!!

Belinda, I did try a couple of Suzanne Bowens cardio. They are light cardio, but do get the heart rate up. I did the upper ab bounce on my DVD and thought 5 # would be fine. I paid for it after with shoulder pain. Since then I have used 3's and been very careful. The bounce DVD is bouncing with body weight strength work on the rebounder. Odd about your feet. I do sometimes find it aggravates my knees when I am jumping hard and fast. It doesn't always bother though and is fine to use for some of the plyo impact moves on dvds. I think mine has a pretty firm surface with the springs and maybe the ones with bungee cords would be a bit softer on the joints, but maybe throw balance off a bit.

Debbie, nice work today. That is a good ab compilation. Yes, I too was disappointed in the final election outcome. I pray Pelosi does not reach her goal. Everything she does is selfish and seeking her own power. Dems would be smart to not let that happen. I know how you feel about time and the stretches. That one helps me out so much though and I have been trying to fit it in at least once a week. Every time I think I will shorten that stretch workout, I find myself keeping going on it. I hate time constraints on my workouts. Good for you getting quite a bit of it in.

Last edited:
I need to hurry and get out to do errands that I have not been able to get to. This morning I did Strong and Sweaty Cardio Slam, 50 minutes, average heart rate 139, max 167, 4,132 steps, met 6.0 331 calories. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Stretch, 28 minutes, 62 calories., 101 steps. Total time 78 minutes, 393 steps.

I
Good Afternoon,

I started to do a spin workout but the website has been freezing so I walked on the treadmill today.

Debbie-good job today

Diane Sue-did you get stuff done. Good job

Hey guys, just checking in. Fallen to a low, argh gained some lbs argh haven’t worked out, I just can’t get my mind into it. I don’t know what’s going on.

Planning my workout regimen for the rest of this month. See you guys soon, hopefully tomorrow. Have a great evening :)

Roxie, it is always upsetting when the streaming keeps going out. Nice that you got the walking on the treadmill in. Yes, I got my errands done and came back and did some of my housecleaning.

Roselyn, I am sure that you will enjoy your time in Branson and Silver Dollar City.

Doz, nice to see you check in :) hopefully your planning a workout regimen will get you back at it again. :)

This morning I did two fun RAW workouts. The first one was Kelly's new Box & Bell workout which was extremely fun. I stopped at the band work and then did Boxing & Tubing and did all of it but the ab work since I did ab work yesterday plus these boxing workouts incorporate a lot of ab work. I love how Kelly does that, she is constantly reminding you to keep your abs tight and what a difference that makes, you can really feel the muscles work. I used 3# dumbbells for the boxing part, 15# kettlebell and my tubing that really needs to be replaced because it is getting stretched out.

These types of workouts are so fun for me, I love kickboxing and kettlebell work. I had a lot of fun with it!

Workouts were 56 minutes, I burned 394 calories (woo hoo!), and it says I did a total of 4356. HR was 131/179.

Diane Sue - I hate having time constraints on my workouts, too, because usually I just want to keep going. Oh well, helps me from over-training I guess. Good job on your workout, I was thinking of doing some Strong & Sweaty workouts next week.

Roxie - It is so annoying when workouts freeze, I really hate when that happens. I love that I can do Kelly's RAW on Roku, it is really nice how it works on there.

Roselyn - Have fun!!!

DOZ - We will hold you to that!! BRING IT!!

Belinda - Nice workout yesterday!! Hope you have fun on your road trip!!

Jolie - You must have had a rest day, hope it was nice for you!

Have great workouts everyone!

Yesterday was a rest day for me, I had my errands to run and boy am I sore!!!! :) Today I did Shoulders, same type of workout as the previous ones this week. I added some legs in at the end. Workout was 38 minutes and I burned 314 calories. Not a good calorie burn but I typically don't burn much doing smaller muscle groups.

STS Warm Up

Seated Over Head Press- Progressive Set
12's x 15
15's x 12
20's x 8
20's x 8
15's x 12
12's x 15

Lateral Raise-
10's x 12, x 10, x 8
8's x 8 Drop Set

Upright Rows-
17's x 12, x 10, x 8
14's x 8 Drop Set

Incline Front Rais
10's x 12, x 10, x 8
8's x 8 Drop Set

Rear Flies- Progressive Set
5's x 15
8's x 12
10's x 8
10's x 8
8's x 12
5's x 15 ( could go heavier next time )

Sumo Squat-
15# x 12, x 10, x 8
12# x 8 Drop Set

Leg Curls-
50# x 20 warm up
60# x 12, x 10, x 8
50# x 8 Drop Set

I must say I am so sick of these continuous Hot Flashes! I am dripping all day and night. Nothing seems to work anymore. I don't even sleep with more than a sheet on and it is cooler now in the evenings. Any advise?

Wow, we are all killing it with out workouts!

DOZ, just get up and workout! When I feel like I just cant do it and force myself to, I end up having the best workout ever!!! We are all here to motivate you. And who cares about the weight gain, I am heavy right now too. Just so you are happy and healthy is all that matters in the end. I hate the way I look now since I hit Menopause but I just keep plugging away.

Debbie, nice workout today. I am loving going back to one body part per day. I think it is the only way that I will see any gains. I feel better when I have more muscle for some reason. I need to start hitting legs harder, there is a dread factor for me on that muscle group as well as Back.

Diane Sue, I made turkey meatballs yesterday with spinach, garlic, and parmesan cheese. Yummy snacks for the day along with a deviled egg. Now what to make for dinner tonight?

Roxie, if I do workouts live, they always freeze. My gym room is far from my router so it happens when I subscribe to cathe live.

Belinda, Good job on the workout and enjoy your trip!

Roselyn, have a great time on your get away!

Enjoy your day.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Step Boxing 2 workout #1, 32 minutes, 205 calories, heart rate average 129, max 161, met 5.8, 2,803 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Step 2, 40 minutes, 265 calories, heart rate average 137, max 162, met 6.0, 3,653 steps. Total time was 72 minutes, 470 calories, 6,456 steps. My neck is still tender and sore. If I could quit coughing I think it would help a lot. Still avoiding upper body workouts. Maybe lower tomorrow. I will see how it goes. It is supposed to get to freezing here tonight. Drizzle outside today, I am hoping the work on the roof is good for impending weather.

Debbie, both of those are fun workouts. I keep eyeing them and would like to do them again, but with my neck and shoulder area bothering me I am waiting. I also would like to do the overload cardio 2 again, but I am afraid of wearing the weighted vest right now. The strength overload workout was a good one too. I think next time I do it I will use two ankle weights fastened together since I only have the one type of weight vest. She just showed she has filmed another weight vest workout. She is great at helping you work the core. She incorporates it into the step workout. Actually the last part of that is a bit of step boxing and ends with upper boxing drills and waistline work.

Jolie, nice workout as usual. You plan them well :) I think that I would get a fan and drag it around with me. I am sorry you are having the hot flashes like that. Your turkey meat balls and deviled eggs would be good snacks. They sound yummy, especially the meat balls. I need to cook up something. I still have soups and finished off the pork loin chop with mushroom sauce that I had made from Whole 30 Slow Cooker book. Last night I went for salmon that had a marinade on it from Whole 30 fast and easy and a kale salad.

I have upped my protein and dropped my carbs much lower this week. For some reason I am waking up feeling hungry. My calories are up in totals. I am wondering if that is the problem. Generally I eat more carbs than this and my protein and fat may be slightly lower. I am not sure I like this.
My days have been like this:
Thurs 19% carbs, 54% fat, 27% protein
Fri 19 % carbs 48% fat, 33% protein
Sat 19% carbs, 49% fat, 32% protein
Sun 19% carbs, 54% fat, 27% protein
Mon 22% carbs, 52% fat, 26% protein
Tues 16% carbs, 53% fat, 31% protein
Wed 24% carbs, 49% fat, 27% protein

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.