Hardcore Fitness maniacs Monday 9-21

buttercup78

Cathlete
gm maniacs-
yesterday was p90x legs/back. workout was 45 min and I burned 490 calories. This is my fourth week which is sort of a rest week. I will still run and do 2 core synergistics workouts and I got the kcm plyo workout to try. Work is gonna be horrible.......

TTYL-
Theresa

Today was Meso 2, Week 2, Disc 17, Legs. I'm really loving these tri-set leg workouts. Makes the workout go by fast and I love the combo's Cathe comes up with.

Anyone who has done these workouts, do you notice how the warmup that Cathe does doesn't go with the music? That is so frustrating. She is so off beat that it's hard for me to keep with her. Is it just me?

TRISET #1
Squats Narrow Stance - 32's/10 reps
45 Degree Lunge (Same Leg) - 25's/10 reps
One Leg Sit N Slide with Paper Plate - 12#/10 reps
***1 minute rest between each triset. Did 3 trisets.

TRISET #2
Static Lunge - 25's/10 reps
Plie Squats Alternating Hand - 32#/10 reps
One Leg Slide Back Lunges with Paper Plate - 12's/10 reps
***1 minute rest between each triset. Did 3 trisets. I really love the Plie Squats. I really feel those.

TRISET #3
Squats Wide Stance - 32's/10 reps
One Leg Elevated Lunges (Bulgarian Split Squats) - 15#/20#/ 10 reps (2nd and 3rd set were done with 20#)
Deadlifts Wide Stance - 25's/10 reps
***1 minute rest between each triset. Did 3 trisets.

One Legged Calf Raises (dumbbell) - 20#/20 reps each leg
***Did 3 rounds of calf raises. No rest and the rep counts varied. I really felt these.

Debbie - Don't remember the warmup in Triset Legs.

Saturday I did Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Combat Surge. What a really fun work out-it incorporates med ball and body bar routines along with kickboxing. Workout was 1:09 and I burned 531 calories.

This morning was Meso 3 Disc 28 CHest & Back which is just a repeat of last week but increasing the weight by 5% and decreasing the reps by one. Had a great workout. These were done push/pull style but with a rest between every set.

Oh and I load two different bars for this workout so I don't have to keep changing the weight out and used my 25# plates for the first time on the bar I had loaded for back. I felt like such a bad a$$ with those huge plates on there.:p:p:p:p

CHEST & BACK ROUND 1
Warm up Flat Bench Press
12/12 -55/60#

Flat Bench Press
7/7/7/7 - 95# (up 5#)
Barbell Rows
7/7/7/7 - 92# (jumped the weight by 10# this week)

CHEST & BACK ROUND 2
Chest Flys
7/7/7/7 - 30's (up 3#)
One Arm Row
7/7/7/7 - 49# (up 3#)

CHEST & BACK ROUND 3

Incline Bench Press
7/7/7/7 - 80# (up 5#)
Deadlifts
7/7/7/7 - 102# (up 7#)

CHEST & BACK ROUND 4
Incline Chest Flys
7/7/7/7 - 27's (up 3#)
One Arm Horizontal Row
7/7/7/7 - 44# (up 3#)

Workout was 1:05 and I burned 375 calories.

Morning, morning, morning...and Monday at that! Halle did not have a good start and I am hoping I don't get a call later. It is like she has been fighting getting sick. No fever, nothing specific, but something not right either.

So, yesterday, I did Plyo X for the first time. WOW. The duration was 1:15 because I kept having to rewind after watching the moves but that was OK b/c I appreciated the little extra rests!! I burned 745 calories, MaxHR 177, AvgHR 152. I took a break on Saturday. The thing I did do, though, was some extra push ups that day, and just fun stuff here and there, but nothing to count as a workout.

Also, I took the plunge and ordered Insanity, and as long as I was doing it, got the deluxe package. From what I have read, it should help with my running and endurance for the tri races. I have no explosive power and would like to work on that as well. I mean, I go to jump high and I go nowhere :p

Mark may be all talk about working out. I ordered him both sets of bands so he would have 20-50 lbs of bands, told him I would give up my P90X rotation part so he could take the DVDs (and I would stick to STS only). I offered what I know about eating but said I was only going to plan something for him if he wanted to and if he asked so it didn't seem like I was pushing it down his throat, but I was here for whatever help he needed. Told him I was so proud of him and excited for him too. He responded that my expectations were too high, he wouldn't be doing the program in 90 days b/c it would take longer since there would be days he wouldn't do it, it wouldn't make that big of a change in his body, he can't eat right while traveling, he's too old to look ripped (he is 49 -will be 50 in November) ... Well, I cannot change him so I just let it drop. Guess I may have $80 worth of bands :rolleyes: Who's to say though - maybe he will do it. I think he would feel so much better about himself, and feel so much better in general. It would be so nice to enjoy at least something with him but I can get way too excited about the whole fitness thing so I forbid myself from talking to him about it anymore. His decision.

OK- thanks for the therapy session!

Debbie - they did the music after she filmed, I believe, so that is why it is weird sometimes. And I agree - I loved when she went to the tri-sets. It is all I can do to get through Meso 1. Wait until Meso 3!!

Linda - Niiiiiiiice weights! I love loading on my 25's too, and then all of my 10's (I have 4) and a few lightweights but that is only when I am doing legs. I think I may have used 2 25's (bar weighs 15) for rows maybe at some point in STS. I loaded up both bars too when I got to where you are. So much better that way. Mark decided (when he was more interested...just days ago...)to try P90X and see what he could do. Since he isn't sedimentary, and after reading that article, he thought that was the better way to go. If too much, he would then move down to the P90.

Theresa - so, how are you liking P90X? Sorry today will be rough at work.

Shana - Well you got further with your DH then I do with mine. If I even remotely offer him advice even if he asked for it, he immediately takes it as critism and gets angry.

Linda - She does a warmup with each workout like she does with Gym Style or any other of her workouts. You do side to side, push your arms up and down, etc. But the music doesn't go with her movements. Shana explained why. I didn't know they did the music after the workouts were done. Hey, nice job with your benching. You are up to 95#! Nice job! I wonder if I'll ever see that number again. My right shoulder really bothers me when I do benching. :(

Shana - Nice workout and calorie burn! I'm so looking forward to P90X! I can't wait to start it.

Shana - Well you got further with your DH then I do with mine. If I even remotely offer him advice even if he asked for it, he immediately takes it as critism and gets angry.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-men! That was what I was afraid of - him thinking I was being critical in any way b/c to him, apparently, I spend most of my time criticizing him. A simple question, because I don't know the answer, is me being critical because I am questioning him. Ummm, yeah, okay. It was too stressful to talk about the working out, even for a few days, and even though I was only trying to encourage, I was always afraid I would say the wrong thing to Mr. Sensitive and blow it all. How do you like that - your DH asks for advice then gets mad when you offer it. I think men don't like to hear what they know they need to hear. And people pay for the stuff we know. Go figure.

Debbie - I love P90X! To me, the weight portions are slightly easier than STS but they are so much fun and different. I know some people don't care for Tony but I already love the guy :D The rotation I am doing is a perfect thing for me - don't know how it will be results-wise, but I look forward to STS, then I am ready to look forward to Tony, then ready for STS again. You know I need variety. And I didn't understand this when Diane Sue said it, until I did the workouts, but you can make them endurance or strength based, depending on the weights and reps you choose, so I am keeping P90X endurance for Meso 1, and will move up until I am at strength only in Meso 3. I am not following the other p90 workouts totally though, but want to try them all so I will know what I want to choose from. PlyoX was total fun though.

Linda - She does a warmup with each workout like she does with Gym Style or any other of her workouts. You do side to side, push your arms up and down, etc. But the music doesn't go with her movements. Shana explained why. I didn't know they did the music after the workouts were done. Hey, nice job with your benching. You are up to 95#! Nice job! I wonder if I'll ever see that number again. My right shoulder really bothers me when I do benching. :(

Debbie - Sorry about the shoulder keeping you from benching what you want. I was worried abount my left shoulder today because it's been bugging me but it didokay this morning. Also, a tip I got on doing incline bench work -The perfect angle for incline work is 30 degrees vs. 45, 45 pulls your shoulders into the movement more where 30 keeps it all in the upper chest where it belongs.;)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-men! That was what I was afraid of - him thinking I was being critical in any way b/c to him, apparently, I spend most of my time criticizing him. A simple question, because I don't know the answer, is me being critical because I am questioning him. Ummm, yeah, okay. It was too stressful to talk about the working out, even for a few days, and even though I was only trying to encourage, I was always afraid I would say the wrong thing to Mr. Sensitive and blow it all. How do you like that - your DH asks for advice then gets mad when you offer it. I think men don't like to hear what they know they need to hear. And people pay for the stuff we know. Go figure.

Shana - I think my DH gets offended because when it comes to exercise and lifting I make him look like a wimp!

I got up early and did my workout and some of my house cleaning since I knew I was going to have my grandbaby here today. I usually have Mondays free. I started with 8 minutes on the treadmill to get a good warm up then did STS Meso 2 week 1 chest, shoulders and triceps. I then jumped back on the treadmill to make it 3 miles. I then did STS abs circuits stability ball abs and finished with 10 minute solution 5 day get fit Power yoga segment with Amy. Total calories burned today was 731. I have to go out to get some groceries too.

Shana, maybe your dh will change his mind and really decide to do it. You did your best. It is hard to motivate people when they are only halfway wanting to do it.

Linda, I like Kimberly Spreen's new workout. I also like her bonus fusion stretch:) DH bought me some 25# weight plates a while back and they are great for the heavier workouts. If I remember right I think Meso 3 was all pretty much the same exercises but just changing up reps and weight loads. I also use two different bars to keep from having to change weights on the barbell so many times.

Debbie, I guess I did notice the w/up on Cathe's. Seems like I am always doing it at my own pace. I wondered how those guys on the exercise bikes warmed up the muscles for the upper body workouts sitting on the bike?? I also add a little extra warm up to the workouts if I have time. Today I got on the treadmill and did arm moves to warm up the upper body too.

Linda - ha ha - I think you are probably right!

Diane Sue - thanks. And nice workout...as usual :) From the other day - thank goodness you were not hurt on the TM either! The strange things that can happen. I shut the door to keep my cats out to avoid anything possible that I can avoid like that. Of course, you probably should not lock the grandbabies out ;)

Shana - LOL about your dh. It's like mine telling me he's going to quit smoking. I've heard it for 13 years now and he still smokes. Oy!

Linda - I have played around with how I place my arms for inclines and even flat benching. Inclines aren't as bad as flat for some reason. I really get a bad pain in my right shoulder when I bench heavy. It really bums me out.

Diane Sue - LOL, I've wondered that too about the guys who warmup on the bikes. They should do what Cathe does, too. LOL! And did you notice how small the dumbbells look that the guys use? Especially that big guy? Sometimes I think he's using some really light weights but I wonder if its because he's so big and the weights just look small. Cracks me up.

Diane Sue - LOL, I've wondered that too about the guys who warmup on the bikes. They should do what Cathe does, too. LOL! And did you notice how small the dumbbells look that the guys use? Especially that big guy? Sometimes I think he's using some really light weights but I wonder if its because he's so big and the weights just look small. Cracks me up.

Debbie & DianeSue - I have wondered the same thing about the guys on the bikes. LOL! And Debbie, I know what you mean about the weights they use some times, I am thinking ... their right, that's not all he is going to use!:p

Hey Maniacs!!!

Doing a leg cycle workout..came upstairs to take some advil..started it with a migraine..gonna go back down and finish. Will put up stats later. I plan on working shoulders/abs too.

Well, he went out the door with 4 DVDs, a band and a door anchor. He forgot his positive attitude and I had to choose the workouts with no guidance, so he has chest and back, legs and back, cardioX and kenpoX . That is 2 back workouts together, but the band is only 20 lbs and mostly, he just needs to get used to the workouts while waiting for the heavier bands to arrive. I am hoping he will do shoulders and arms when he gets home, assuming he does the other 2 weight workouts during the week, and he better b/c I had to give up my P90X work this week! My plan was to do one before he left but he left 2 hours earlier than I thought he was going to leave - oh well. This will let me get Meso 1 over with sooner - and no complaints here on that.

Debbie - too bad on your DH and the smoking! My brother keeps saying the same thing but it never happens. I think at some point, he almost quit even saying anything about quitting. He did get these vapor cigarette things that he really liked but lately, all I've seen him smoking are regulars cigs. Mark decided it was a good idea to take up cigar smoking. I spend my extra $$ on fitness stuff - he spends his on cigars, humidor things, and all cigar accessories you can think of. Ugh. Apparently, he used to smoke cigars in his single days too and one of the first times I kissed him, he had smoked one earlier (I didn't know it) and I nearly threw up from the bad breath. GROSS!

Today I did 4DS kickbox-legs and core.

Shana- I will be starting Insanity next week. Trying to get pumped and eating good this week so I will be ready.

Hi girls! I have missed you guys! I had to really cut back on my computer time. I felt like I wasn't spending enough time with the kids and stuff that needed to be done around the house. Urgh. Anyway, just thought I would pop on and say hi and get some inspiration. :)

Things are good. I did take a 2 week break last month and it was kind of nice. I gained a few pounds, though. :eek: I started a new KCM rotation using 2 of her workouts everyday for a 60 minute workout. It's an endurance kind of rotation and should be a fun and different way to spend the month. I'm in the mood for STS but am anxious for STS cardio as I want to do them together. Until then I'm doing some different stuff- did a week of Amy Bento a while ago, stuff like that. I know change is good but I miss Cathe's lifting DVDs.

Glad to see you are all working hard as usual. :) I'll try to stop in from time to time.

I have been doing well on eating till today. I just really want to eat cereal and carbs:eek: I had special K for dinner. I had a Kashi bar for a snack and yogurt with frozen dole cherries with protein powder for breakfast. Way to many carbs. I did have a piece of grilled chicken on my salad but I hope this is it.

Patti, good to have you check in. Maybe you could just have a planned day or two for the computer;) Glad to see you are still getting your workouts in. We all need a break once in awhile.

Shana, at least he took some of the stuff. Maybe he will get into it while he is gone.

Debbie, I noticed those little weights that guy was using and thought that there is no way that guy got that much muscle with those little things. It just didn't fit. I thought maybe he was injured or something.

Charlotte, I hope the Advil helped and you got your workout finished.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.