Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sept., 2019

Today I did a mix of cardio workouts on my Max Trainer. I started out with Max Core which was 7 minutes, then I did Max Tabata Intervals with Amy Dixon, I think that was a 7 minute workout and then I did Intervals for Newbies and that was 4 minutes. They were all fun, but hard. These really do push you and at 5:30 in the morning, I need a push.

All workouts together were 25 minutes, burned 178 calories, went a total of .69 miles and did 1721 steps. HR was 136/168 but felt higher at times.

I also walked on my treadmill for 20 minutes, burned 131 calories, went 1 mile and did 2377 steps. HR was 121/158.

Yesterday after work I went with some work friends to a park nearby and we walked for 1.6 miles, I burned 245 calories and did 3913 steps. We have a September challenge going on and it's for our wellness stuff for insurance. I went last week too but forgot to mention it on here. I love walking in parks.

Diane - Hope you are ok, I see you didn't check in yesterday. Worried a bit.

You all have great workouts! I'll be back for personals later.

Reactions: WD
Belinda - Yes- Amy Bento's Advanced Step challenge from yesterday.

This morning I did a Sydney Cummings from Youtube - fantastic workout- maybe my favorite so far!

She doesn't provide a breakdown of moves so its always a guess when you push play but today was full body either combo or olympic power style moves.

Well, i am extremely tired like yesterday and i now know i am starting to get sick. I thought i was just tired from working out, but i am congested with a low grade fever. My husband and both of my boys were sick the last two weeks so i guess now it is my turn. Today i just took my dog for a 1 mile walk and that is all i am doing. I will listen to my body, in the past i would workout and get more sick than if i took some time off.

Debbie, nice cardio workout today, and i love to walk in the park!

Belinda, nice workout today.

Doreen, That looks like a great workout, thanks for posting it!

Diane Sue, i hope you are feeling a little bit better and how did the appointment go regarding the Echo?

Have a nice day, i am laying low.

Jolie - oh no! I hope you feel better soon. I forgot to mention the other day, I feel the same way about you guys. Get some rest!

I love this group and all of the support. I need to do my PT exercises, but thought I would stop here for a bit. My shoulder gets painful with just a small amount of time typing on the computer. Night before last I slept very little if at all. I think my Fit Bit said 3 hours? So much pain and Advil was doing nothing. Last night was better. I woke and took more Advil and had some adjustments here and there. The PT decided to give the arm and shoulder a break from aggravating that nerve. She worked on the neck and found triggers there that were extremely painful. Once she worked on that and some traction, the shoulder pain let up and I did much better the whole evening. I have an MRI for the shoulder and one for the neck both scheduled for Monday afternoon. They were fast getting approval for insurance. I went in at 7:45 expecting to wait till my 9:00 appointment and they got me in right away. The guy that was weighing me and stuff said the others had not come in yet and I was there so they took me in. That was great. They also approved continuing with PT so I made the appointments when I got home for that. I had to stop at Sprouts. Small cart today. My husband did Walmart with me Saturday as I could hardly struggle with a heavy cart with one hand.
I am reading your posts. Will try to get back to respond.

Diane -I am sorry your are in so much pain with your shoulder. I feel so bad for you. I am glad you got approved by the insurance. I hope you get some relieve soon. I hope they find out what is causing so much pain. So sweet of your husband helping you out. Get lots of rest and feel better soon.

This morning I did Advanced Step Challenge #5. IMO the trickiest of them all. I only did combos 1,2,3,4 before running out of time. I hadn't planned on running through all Amy's Step DVDs I own but now I only have a couple more so I might as well try to finish them off!!

This morning I did Cathe Live Buff Upper Body w/Core #163. Had a great workout, sort of tough this morning and I remember this one not being so hard. Maybe I was just tired or something.

Shoulders/Biceps
Overhead Press:
15's - 12/10/8 reps
Sweeper Curls: 15's - 11/10/8 reps
Upright Rows: 15's - 12/10/8 reps
W Curls: 12's - 12/10/8 reps
This was done 3 times through
Biceps Finisher: Isolation holds - 12's

Shoulders
Rear Flies:
12's - 10/10/8 reps
Front Raise: 12#/15#/15# - 8/8/5 reps
Shoulder Finisher: Lateral Raise - 5's - many many reps

Triceps
Overhead Triceps Extensions:
20# - 6/8/8 reps
Dips: 20/16/24 reps
Kickbacks: 8's - 8/8/8 reps

Chest/Back
Pushups off the Step:
12/10/8 reps (this was done all at once)
Dumbbell Flies: 22.5's - 14/14 reps
superset w/
Pullovers: 25# - 8/7 reps
One Arm Row: 25# - 12/12 reps (this was done all at once)

Triceps Finisher: Triceps Pushups off the Step - 12/12 reps

Abs

I did three days of abs today, holy smokes!!!

Workout was 54 minutes, I burned 425 calories and HR was 146/196. I did 1207 steps.

Sorry I didn't come back for personals last night, it was a crazy busy evening. I'm hoping to do personals tonight sometime. Great workouts everyone!!

Today I did Cathe Live, Upper Body Challenge with Ball, workout # 136 and had a great workout. I am feeling so much better today, the last two days i was so wiped out i could barely make it through the day. This is my favorite lifting workout at the moment, it really works each muscle group and i love the slower pace. Last time i did this workout i burned 524 calories and today i burned 466. I wonder why? I also took my dog for a 1.5 mile walk prior to working out and burned 189 calories. Average heart rate was 112 and max was 161. I am not posting the workout because i have a couple of times already and it is really long. I didn't sleep so good, i had cramps in my legs really bad. I am taking a lot of Magnesium so i wonder why i was cramping?

Debbie, great job on the workout today, that is one of my favorites. Your weights are really getting up there again, i bet that feels great! I lifted a little lighter today since i have been under the weather.

Belinda, great job on the rebounder workout today!

Diane Sue, i hope you have a nice workout and i also hope your pain is under control today. What a bummer that you are going through this. My back pain is totally gone now, i starting taking a lot of minerals and that really helped along with Calcium and vitamin K2. I think i was lacking the minerals, Potassium and Magnesium. My son turned my onto ZMA supplements and boy do they work with spasms and recovery. I get the Now brand on Amazon.

Doreen, wow on the step workout today. I could never get the hang of step, it always made me so dizzy i would almost fall over LOL!

Roselyn, nice workout, how did you like that newer Cathe live workout?

BBL to read other posts. Have a great Friday and enjoy your day.

I am finally going through all my photo albums. When we moved the movers must have dropped them, the pictures all over the place. I had a huge dread factor going through them again and figuring everything out. This week I started going through them, reorganizing them and store them in a photo box I bought on Amazon for long term storage. Most of my photo albums are over 36 years old, they are not BPA free, acid free, PVC free, lignin free. I also need to scan them. I got a scanner for my birthday. I researched and found these photo boxes on Amazon. We have 36 years of photos, some I can't remember when/where the event happened. We been to a lot of places in those 36 years, lol. I am having lots of fun going through old photos :) This was a dreaded task I been avoiding for a long time. I am glad when I am done.

Debbie - I like the look of your workout today. Fantastic job!

Jolie - wow, on your cal burn. Great job today. Glad you feel better.

Hi to everyone that check in today.

Good morning,

Week 2 of Cathe Sep rotation is done. This morning I XTrain Chest Back Shoulders. Love XTrain workouts, they are a lot of fun.

I will check in this evening.

I stopped by the thrift yesterday and found the Spartacus 20 mintue torcher DVD. (add that to my total for the year $3) I did the Belly Fat crusher this morning and then I finally pulled out PIYO that I picked up thrift earlier this summer as well and did strength intervals (which was really a cardio workout - not strength !?!) and then did a few minutes of LITE metabolic before deciding I need to get my Saturday moving.

Yes- Roselyn- give us the scoop on the new Cathe Live. The preview looks fun.

Debbie - Buff Upper looks good - I think I have done that one. Some days strength is just different!

I stepped on the scale this morning.... 1# within my "normal" non-tax season weight!! Ugh - if I could just keep it there through the holidays and then tax season. I've started trying to take a 5 min walk in the afternoons - I think I need to keep that up because I find that when I start dragging in the afternoon I reach for snacks as a pick up but when I step outside for a quick trip around the parking lot I don't need the snacks..... here's to hoping I can keep that up!

Today I did PowerStrike 5 with 1 pound gloves and had a great workout. It was under an hour so i added combo 2 of BodyStrikes and workout was 1 hour 5 minutes and i burned 527 calories. I like this workout a lot but Powerstrike 6 is definitely harder. Average heart rate was 112 and max was 165.

I am disgusted with myself, i only worked out 3 times last week. :(

Have a great day.

I have been reading the posts, just not doing a lot of getting on the computer. I have my MRI's tomorrow afternoon. My family came over today and we just bought brisket because I said I was not cooking. I scheduled my next PT for Tuesday so that gave me 5 days between PT sessions and I could see if I felt better not going and having the hands on treatments. It is no better so far. I just kind of wondered if more hurt was coming from the manipulations.

Cathe Live buff upper body

Overhead Press 15# 12,10,8
Sweeper Curls 15# 12,10,8
Upright rows 15# 12,10,8
W curls 15# 12,10,
Bicep hold

Rear flies 12# 10,10,8
Front Raise 15# 8,8,5
Shoulder finisher lateral raise 5#

Overhead tricep extension 25# 6,8,8,
Dips 20,16,24
Kickbacks 15# 8,8,8
finisher tricep pushup on step 12,12

Pushups 12,10,8
chest fly 25# 14,14
Pullover 25# 8,7
one arm row 25# 12,12

abs

We got a contract on our house on Friday the 13th, lucky day for us

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.