Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sept., 2019

Peak 10 Cardio Strenght Remix for 30 minutes this morning. I did warm up, then the first heavy weight section both times through then the light weight section once and then the heavy weight section once. My mornings get so compressed getting one kid or the other off to their stuff - 30 minutes has to be good for now!

how do you all track your daily workouts? Do you write them down on a workout sheet/on the computer/ a note book? What's been working for you? I used to use the WM for all my workouts but for some reason I can never track down when I did a particular workout. Maybe there is an easier way to track? I have no idea. I started using a folder where I categorize Cathe's workouts. I have them organized by series w/all the premixes. It took me awhile to do, but I can easily see when I did a workouts rather flipping through months in the WM. So far I have 3 folders like this https://www.amazon.de/Falken-Plasti...nische-sortiert/dp/B0719VTRZQ?ref_=ast_bbp_dp. I bought and used this in Germany. I used this folders since I had them on hand. They also don't take up a lot of space. I have 5 Cathe Series in each folder. What do you all use to track your workouts?

Hello everyone, I am back from my appointment. I stressed for no reason, I am fine. They found 3 small polyps and took them out and my doctor said she is 99% sure they are not cancerous. They will be tested and I'll get the results in a few days. Thanks for the prayers everyone!!

I cannot believe how easy the prep was. I thought I'd be on the pot all night. Not so. I started my prep at 5 p.m. and by 9 I was done. I slept all night without even waking up once. I had to drink 32 oz. of Miralax again and I only went about 4 more times. So no big deal at all. I didn't even get cramps or a stomach ache. So easy. And the procedure itself was just as easy. They put me out and the next thing I know I'm in my recovery room and they released me like 10 minutes later. They put me under with a drug that is not a narcotic, I feel no side effects and am just like I was this morning before I left.

The nurse asked me if I work out. I love when they ask me that!! I said yes, 5 days a week and she said "you can tell!" :)

My husband and I went to Red Robins for lunch and DQ for a small cone. YUM! I was starving!!!

So now I'm sitting at home relaxing for the rest of the day.

Belinda - I type all the workouts up in Google Sheets with about 5 columns to be able to use it 5 times. I write down my weights and then my stats at the end. I've attached one so you can see what I mean. I have small 1" binders for Cathe workouts, Kelly workouts, BB, etc.

Have a great day and great workouts to those who already have gotten one in!

Attachments

• Cathe Live Workouts - Awesome Upper Body.pdf
    50.5 KB · Views: 10
Debbie - I am glad everything went well today. I like how you track your workouts in google sheets. Very cool. I have a Mac I don't think I have google sheets. At least I never seen it, lol. I will check it out. Looks so neat compared to mine folder. I just write in it.

Today was physical therapy and she spent some extra time with me. She really finds those spots. She did work trying to stretch out the tightness through my lats up behind my shoulder and worked on trying to loosen up what is causing the pressure on that nerve. Hopefully it is better tonight. I was sore and took Advil when I got home which by now has worn off and the pain is not too bad. It is there, but has lightened up. I tried to reschedule my Arthritis appointment and get them to make it earlier than the 9 they have it set for on Thursday, but they couldn't do it. Since it is more in the vicinity of my grandson's school, it is not worth it for me to come all of the way home. I guess I will be sitting there for an hour and a half. I don't know if I have to confer with the doctor to keep insurance paying for the PT as he just gave me a prescription for a month of PT. Even when I started, they were not sure 4 weeks was going to be enough time.
On a positive note, the doctor called and told me the thyroid ultrasound was the same as it was in the past when she compared it, so no problem there. I don't know if I said it, but the Echo was okay. He wants me to do a CT scan that costs me 50.00 to make sure there is no blockage, but everything looks fine. He said text him and let him know I did it and come back in a year. So, I am done worrying over that, except I am watching my fats. Always watch sugars anyway. Fats too, except coconut oil and mct oil racks up the saturated fat so it looks like I am eating a lot of bad cholesterol. I am not real worried, but have cut back some. I am anxious for this week to get over and to be able to spend a bit more time on my stretching and some exercise of sorts.

Debbie, that is great that the colonoscopy went so well. Great that you had no cramping. I don't remember any the first time, but the second time I had cramping after it was all over. It hurt to walk. I don't know why that happened. They usually give a mild anesthetic to knock put you out. It was easy getting out shopping and stuff. The only thing is, I was so tired and had not slept and they had a hard time getting me to wake up LOL. I was having the best sleep ever. I like your worksheets. I type up what I don't have, otherwise I just print Cathe's dvd series off. I have separate folders for the different series that I keep worksheets in. I have Cathe's workout manuals on Overdrive and in a folder on my tablet so I can just look at it there. It is convenient. I have never used Google for work sheets. I use Google though.

Jolie, I bet that was nice having your son pay a surprise visit and watching the games with him. You picked a good workout for today.

Belinda, I am not sure what you are needing. I keep folders for different workout series and have one for Kelly Coffey and one for Raw workouts that I type up. I use a Bloom agenda planner book that has several lines for each day and write in my workouts for the day, calories, heart rate, time spent, steps etc. I also write if I added weight gloves, light hand weights or a weight vest etc.. This helps me keep track of what I did and when.

Checking in late today, no workout, i went to the dentist. All i have to do still is get a PAP smear and i am done with all of my doctors appointments for the year. I should probably get my blood done since i haven't done that in a few years.

Debbie, great news, we all were praying for you! I am glad that you came through it no problem, what a relief. I was kind of stressed out all day about it. I swear, even though we are only workout friends, i think of all of you as really great friends. I like how we all lean on each other for whatever comes our way in life.

Belinda, i just write what workout i do on a big paper calendar so i can keep track of my lifting vs cardio days, and i also not the name of the workout and how many calories i burned. Then, in a note book i write out my workouts. I had about 14 books before i moved but i threw all of them away. Why was i keeping them! Workouts are changing so fast now days i didn't feel i needed to keep them. However, i keep all of my Cathe Live workouts because there are so many exercises that i want to be able to set up prior to the workout and know what i am going to lift.

Diane Sue, Getting old sucks!!! All of our aches and pains we are all experiencing lately is very trying on all of us. Hang in there, this too shall pass.

Have a nice day.

This morning I did Cathe Live Warrior Kickboxing and had a great workout. I really like this but it was a bit too high intensity for me today. I modified some of the jumping jacks. I hate jumping jacks. I like the ab section a lot in this one but the side to side hip things I skipped, I don't have room to do them. But other than that, I did the whole ab section. Fun stuff!

Workout was 60 minutes, burned 493 calories and did 4926 steps. HR was 144/202. Weird, every time I looked at my fitbit I was only in the 130's.

Be back later for personals! Have great workouts!!

Good morning,

GS Legs is done.

Thanks Jolie, Debbie and Diane! I used use those planners, but than I had a few years worth of planners laying around. Never looked at them, lol It wasn't working for me, couldn't remember what year I did a particular workout. So I started not the prettiest hand written folder but it seem to work for me. I have everything right in front of me. I wrote every single Cathe workout on a piece of paper w/all the premix # and time, date. Nothing fancy :) Like I said, I had the folders and I have a ton of paper. Maybe I will go back one day and write them out a little neater, lol. Here is an example what I been doing. I still need to fill in the dates. Noting fancy.

BBL!

Last edited:
Reactions: WD
Julia on Youtube this morning. I only did two round of the last groupings as I ran out of time.

I modified the plyo box 5x5 by using a lower step. And I really liked her KB circuit. On paper it looks complicated but its really simple to do.

Full Body Equipment Workout

KB Circuit: 30:20:10 4x
round 1: 20 seconds is reset swings or swings
round 2: 20 seconds is DL
round 3: 20 seconds is oblique plank hops
round 4: 20 seconds is upright rows
1. Alt SA swing 2. goblet rev lunge + curtsy lunge 3. SA front load squat 4. plank hop hang clean 5. Power clean to reset swing

DB HIIT 50:10 2x
1. pendulum lunge 2. rev grip pushup bi curl 3. staggered pushup SA snatch to SA shoulder press 4. Bridge Hold alt SA Chest Press

Bar Complex to do between each round of the 5x5 1. 5 dL 2. 4 power cleans 3. 3 front box squats 4. 2 bent rows 5. 1 clean and press

plyo box: 5x5 1. hip thrusts + 30 sec hold 2. box squat + 5 abductors 3. Bulgarian forward lunge and switch 4. decline pushup plank hop

I use an app called Daylio to track what workouts I've done. Its pretty cute because its all emoji based so I have a range of smily faces for good, ok, strong, sweaty, meh, undecided, tired, bad, boring, etc and then a bunch of icons for Kettlebell, step, cardio, weights, kickbox etc. Each day I pick a feeling and activity and then enter the name of the workout. The app then shows you a summary by month of what you've done. You can tag a day with several icons like - sweaty, cardio, step, star, and music (for a step workout that I liked that had fun music). I gave up on trying to track weights after I moved on from STS. I have a general idea of what I can for each move and try to push that weight whenever possible. I like this - its simple.

Reactions: WD
Today was Cardio and i had an awesome workout. Boy am i sore from doing PowerStrike on Sunday, so i did it again! No workout makes me this sore and i love it. First i started with a run on the elliptical, 15 minutes on interval mode, i ran 1.5 miles up an down hills and i burned 168 calories. Then, i did PowerStrike 6 with 1 pound gloves and had to really work to get through this workout. Total workout calories burned was 814. Workout was 1 hour and 20 minutes, i had to take a break to start my DVD and get ready to kickbox. Average heart rate was 138 and max was 171. I am drenched and feels to good. If you are looking for a real kickbox workout you must do Powerstrike. It is slower so you can hit and kick with power with no high impact at all, it is all low impact. You will also burn more calories than doing a high impact workout.

Debbie, great job on Warrior kickboxing today. That is a great workout but i too cannot do that high impact, that is why i switched back to powerstrike for a little while. I am also going to do her Body Strikes lower body workout this week, it is a killer. I always do it in the fall to get my legs ready for ski season. :)

Doreen, great workout today and thanks for posting it!

Belinda, GS is such a great workout rotation. Good for you, that leg workout is kickbutt! I too write my workouts out just like you and they work for me.

Diane Sue, be back later to read your post.

Have a nice day, i am now going to crawl to the shower :)

I still need to finish my PT home exercises and vacuum upstairs before I go get my grandson. I thought I was better for awhile yesterday. Went to bed without Advil and woke at 1 am with terrible pain. So lots of pacing, icing etc. till some Advil took affect. Then the coughing from my allergies kicked in. Not much sleep. I tried to lie down after I got home from dropping my grandson off, but could not relax. Funny thing is I pulled out a binder of a lot of my own rotations and workouts looking for a particular one and I could not believe how much heavier I was going with the weights. I doubt I will be able to go there again.

Jolie, I have several years of agenda books with workouts in them. I also do the workout manager. Sometimes I am lazy about getting out the work sheets and logging weight. Particularly if it is a light high rep workout or circuits. It depends on how I am feeling. I get my labs done yearly and check ups. I like to do it before the next year insurance deductibles start. Yes, I hope this passes sooner than later.

Debbie, nice work on the Warrior Kickboxing. I don't mind jumping jacks so much as long as they are not endless jumping jacks or filtered with plyo jumps. I don't know why some workouts have to be such space hogs.

Belinda, I had a couple of binders. One I had hand written premixes in and moves since the older workouts did not have that stuff included or online. I also had tons of workout sheets printed up that I had found various places. I cleaned out my binders and trashed a lot of stuff. For instance I used to print up all of Cathe's rotations. I got rid of all but a couple I really liked. Now you can see all of the premixes and moves on the workout manager. I do have work sheets kept though and organized those so even the old ones I can just scan a copy of them. I have went back through my agenda books at various times to see when I did the live workouts etc.. It also helps when I injure myself because I can look at what I did just befoe it all started.

Doreen, that looks like a good app for your workouts.

Jolie - great job on your DOMS. Love PowerStrike and body strike. Writing down my Cathe workouts with premixes been working for me too. I tired so many other ways to track and actually see at a glance which premix/workout I have done without looking through endless planners/calendars. The reason I am doing it this way is..so I can track how often I do a Cathe workout or her premixes. Since I started the Sep rotation I do log my workouts into the WM. Looking for lets say a remix I had done last year not knowing the month I have to go through each month in the WM and search for the premix. It was a pain.

Diane - I feel so bad for you (((HUGS))) Get better soon. I ditched all my printed out Cathe's rotations too. There is no need for me to keep them. I am the one that adds all Cathe monthly rotations in the Rotation forum. I know where to find them, lol. The problem I am having is when I do a particular premix how do I know the last time I did that premix? Unless I want to do a search in the WM which takes up a lot of time just to look it up when I did lets say Body Blast Timesaver #1? She has so many amazing premixes especially her older workouts. When I checked Body Blast Timesaver DVD I realized I haven't done any of these workouts in years :(

Doreen - I like that she post the workout breakdown under each of her videos. I know what to expect. I don't think the app would do what I wanted it to do? thanks anyway. I don't want to just log my Cathe workouts, I want to know when and how often I did a particular workout or premix. I don't like to search for it.

Hi everyone! Back for personals.

Belinda - Good job with GS Legs. I always have a fear factor with that one!! I haven't kept track (other than on here) on what workouts I've done in years. I used to print out a calendar month by month and write in what I did. Then I thought, why? I never look at it. I found I was just wasting paper. LOL!

Diane - I know what you mean about being tired afterwards. I slept like a baby last night. I'm sorry you are still having problems with pain and sleeping, that must be horrible. It's not fair that you have to go through that. And I don't mind jumping jacks either, but that workout has a lot of them. I do them when I can or feel like it. My knee was hurting a bit this morning.

Doreen - The app Daylio looks interesting. Great job with your workout and I'm glad you posted what you did. It's always good to see where we all are with weights, etc. I find it interesting.

Jolie - Great workouts. I have Powerstrike workouts, just not sure which ones. I should pull them out and do them again. You are making me want to try them, I do remember really liking them. Nice calorie burn. Wow, I will never see a calorie burn like that within one of my workouts. Maybe for the whole day, but not a workout. And you are right, you all do feel like family to me. It's nice to know I can discuss private things with you all and get good advice or just a prayer. Love that about all of you!

Roselyn - Great job with GS B,S & B! It seems to be a Gym Style week!!

Roxie - Hope you are doing well. Check in when you get time.

Good morning,

Rockout Knockout is done. Had a great workout this morning.

Thanks everyone for your input on how everyone tracks Cathe workouts. I really appreciate it. I think for now the folders are working. I can open Rockout Knockout workout, see how often and when I did that workout or premix without searching the internet/WM. I really don't rack how much weight I lift each time. I don't always lift the same weights. I just pick a weight that feels good rather going super heavy anymore. I usually try to match Cathe's weights. One some workouts she goes way to heavy for me. I have to be careful with my back. Had to many problems in the past with slipped discs. I don't want to go down that road again.I thought about doing a spread sheet I know I will forget to log my workouts :( Maybe in a few month I will give it another shot and see how that works out. The reason why I started a folder is to see what Cathe workouts I am actually using/not using. I am in the progress of downsizing I need to get rid of the ones I don't use or have a huge dread factor. I really appreciate everyones input.

Debbie - I feel the same way with GS Legs. I always have a fear factor with that one too! I almost picked another leg workout. Glad I didn't. The floor work is no joke!

Off to get some work done. BBL!

Last edited:
Today I did Cathe Live Pumped Upper Body - Love this one, had a great workout!! Tough workout because of how fast she goes through it. I kept up pretty well but had to pause a couple times.

3 times through each round.

ROUND 1
Warm up w/5# dumbbells
Sweeper Curls: 15's/15's/15's - 10 reps
Upright Row: 12s/12's/12's - 16,12,8 reps

ROUND 2
W Curls:
10's - 8 reps
Front Raise: 15# - 12 reps
3 times
Isolation Curls: 12's - holds and various counts

ROUND 3
Dips:
32 reps
Close Grip Bench Press: 17.5's - 8 reps alternating/8 reps together
Rear Delt Fly: 12's - 10 reps w/ 8 reps chaser set (last time she did 8 and 8)
Pullovers: 30# - 8 reps

ROUND 4
Push ups
using step variations all 3 sets
Chest Fly: 17.5's - 10 reps and 12 reps final set
Seated Overhead Press: 12's - 12 reps and 10 reps final set
Lying Triceps Extension: 10's/10's/10's - 8 reps with partials and final set 5 partials

ROUND 5
One Arm Row:
25# - 16 reps
Lateral Raise: 5's - 32 reps

ABS
Bicycles
Reverse Crunch
Leg Shooters (V-Ups)
L Crunch
Leg Chasers

2 times but last set was shorter

I did ab work yesterday but I really like this one on this workout so I did it too.

Workout was 57 minutes, burned 469 calories and HR was 149/191. Did 1423 steps.

Have great workouts everyone!

I did Advanced step Challenge#4 this morning. I just did the combos as I was running short on time.

Debbie - your workout today looks really good. Fantastic job as always.Every time you and Jolie post Cathe Live I want to sign up. Once I came back from Hawaii I will sign up, maybe I sign up before. Can I do her live workouts on my iPhone? I wonder if these a travel friendly? I only would use them for the weight workouts, probably not for the cardio except her kickboxing. The hotel has a very nice huge gym :)

Doreen - that's with Amy Bento, right? Fantastic job!

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL!

Last edited:
I decided with the encouragement of Belinda, to take the day off. I am really sore and tired so today will be rest day #2 for the week. I am ok with it because i am loosing weight on Weight Watchers, my cloths seem looser, and i usually workout on the weekends. I found my Powerstrike 5 DVD and looked inside and the actual disc is missing. It must have been put in another case, probably during the move, and now i will have to go through every single dvd to find it! How many DVD's do i have!!!! LOL I did get ride of quite a bit of the ones i did not use or like prior to moving thank goodness. I want to do that one this week, i will have to look for it today.

Debbie, great upper body workout today. I like that workout and will do it soon.

Belinda, NIce job on Rockout Knockout today! I know i have done that workout, i just cant remember what it was like. Did you like it and how long was it? Do you use gloves or weighted gloves when you kickbox?

Doreen, nice job on that workout today!

BBL to read other posts.

Jolie - I am glad you listen to your body. You deserve a rest day. You been working out hard lately. Oh no...which of the Powerstrike dvd are you missing? I am sure you just misplaced it and find it soon.
Rockout Knockout has some high impact (I did them on my JumpSport), She did a lot of kicking/punching combos which reminded me of a Cathe Live workout I did with my friend a while back. As always, I have to keep everything low impact. Still had some fun. The music was great too. I should put that one in my regular rotation. A sweat fest for sure. Cathe used gloves (I think) I didn't use any since I did a lot of the moves on the rebounder. The workout was 58 min. I liked it a lot. I really need to pull that one out more often, lol.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.