Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sept., 2019

Thought I'd get us into September. Can't believe summer is over. :(

Today I did Cathe live Awesome Upper Body. I had a great workout. Love this one!!

Giant Set 1
Triceps Dips:
32 reps fast
Standing Overhead Triceps Extensions: 12's - 10/8 reps
Pushups off Step: 16/8 reps
Close Grip Chest Press: 17.5's - 20/16 reps
Chest Flies: 17.5's - 8/10 reps
Close Grip to Chest Flies: 17.5's - 4 sets
One Arm Triceps Pushups: 16 reps each side (I did regular triceps pushups)
Repeat

Giant Set 2
Standing Overhead Press:
12.5's - 8 reps (but using 1.5 lifts)
Lateral Raise: 5's - 12 reps
Iron Cross: 5's - 8/6 reps
Rear Flies: 5's - 12 reps using 1.5 lifts
Upright Row: 12's - 16 reps
Repeat

Giant Set 3
Pullover:
30# - 8 reps (1.5 method)
One Arm Fly: 12# - 12 reps
One Arm Row: 22.5# - 12/16 reps
(the fly/row were put together on one side then the other, 2nd time exercises were switched)
Dumbbell Curls: 15's - 8 reps
Crazy Eights: 10's
W Curls: 10's - 8 reps
Reverse Curls: 10's - 16 reps
Repeat

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 365 calories and HR was 159/202. Did 1165 steps.

Also got on my treadmill for the last 15 minutes that I had left and did .54 miles, burned 67 more calories and did 1324 steps.

Be back later for personals. Hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend!

Last edited:
I posted in the old thread this morning. Forgot it's September already :)

Good morning,

Today I did Lean Legs & abs is done.

Jolie - did you find 17 pound DB's?

Debbie - your workout looks amazing. Aww....one of those day's I will sign up. Fantastic job!

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL!

Reactions: WD
Today is cardio so i wanted to try Yvette's cardio step and kickboxing. I only did 1/3 of the workout because i was really in the mood for kickboxing, but it is mostly cardio step with a little kickboxing moves thrown in. I do want to do this workout, it looks insane but after doing 1/3 and burning 169 calories I moved on to Cathe Live workout #232 that Debbie did the other day. I liked this workout a lot, it is slow and you can really put some power into the punches and kicks and have really good form. However, i found it a little easy so i think next time i will use 2 pound gloves instead of 1 pound gloves. After that workout i did 1/3 of Cathe Live workout # 49, boxing with leg drills. This is a great workout, i have done it before, it really gets your heart rate up. I used 1 pound gloves for this workout. Total time working out was 1 hour and 26 minutes and i burned 827 calories. I swear i felt so good today, we slept with the air on last night, i could have kept working out! Average heart rate was 130 and max was 179.

On another note, i want to loose weight and have been eating really crappy all summer long. My husband is taking me on a trip to Napa and then to Reno, to watch one of my sons football games, we honeymooned in Napa, and i want to loose weight before i go. It will be our 21st wedding anniversary and we need a trip out of town. With that said, no don't laugh, i am joining Weight Watchers, on line App only. I need to be held accountable and this points system is easy to follow. I did it about 12 years ago at work, i wanted to help people loose weight, which everyone did, and it worked for me. I think i lost 12 pounds and it was easy. So i am signing up for 3 months and i let you know how it goes. I am not going to look at the scale for awhile, i get too crazy about it, it will all be based on how my cloths fit. Wish me luck:)

Debbie, great job on the workout today, i love that one! You are lifting some impressive weights lately!

Belinda, nice job on the workout today. I think i am going to do Yvette workouts alternating with Cathe Live workouts for the time being, i am enjoying them and i can get some big calorie burns with Yvette. Since I am trying to loose weight, i will ramp up my cardio big time!

BBL to read other posts.

Have a nice day.

Jolie - great job on your workouts today. Love your plan. I think once I came back from Hawaii I will mix Yvette with Cathe workouts. I think you going to see great results with doing both. How wonderful your husband is taking you on a vacation. Let me know how Weight Watcher online is working for you. Good luck!!

Monday I did Cathe's Cycle Sweat timesaver 36 minutes and physical therapy exercises. I skipped the weighted rotator cuff exercises. Today I had PT and spent 3 hours of my day driving my grandson to and from school. Very little time for anything else. I got a call from the heart doctor's office that did the echo and they said he wants me to come in to go over the results. So, Friday I have to go in. Not looking forward to this. I was just hoping for an everything is great call. I talked to the physical therapist today and she changed up some of the exercises and concentrated on my shoulder issue. I keep trying to explain that the stiff sore neck is there most of the time, the shoulder started 7 weeks ago. Anyway, she also suggested she could do dry needling next visit if I want. So, reading up before I decide for sure. I go back on Thursday so I either take my consent form or not. Hoping to come back and get a bit of either lower or cardio in along with PT exercises and do some housework tomorrow. All I got done today was some laundry and small tasks. Really had no energy today anyway. Plus PAIN!!. Sleep has been difficult.

Debbie, great job on the Cathe Live workout.

Belinda, I really like Lean Legs and Abs. I like it better than the hips and glutes or whatever the other one is.

Jolie, a lot of people like Weight Watchers. It is my understanding that they have changed it a bit. I hope it works well for you. I hope your anniversary vacation is wonderful for you. As hard as you work out, I am surprised that you have a problem losing weight. Nice workout today.

Good morning,

Rock’m Sock’m Plus Icy Core 2 is done.

Roxie - good job with your workout yesterday. Glad you finally seeing changes.

Diane - she did a lot of compound moves in Legs & abs. It felt like a circuit workout than a lower body workout to me. I did like it. Like the music in that one too. Sorry about the sleep and pain. Hope it gets better.

Roselyn - great job yesterday.

Have a great day and workout everyone.

Did I tell you all that my Colonoscopy is on Monday. :eek: Not looking forward to that AT ALL.

Today I did two Max Trainer workouts: Max 10 Peak Burn w/Amy Dixon and Max HIIT 4HD with Tahneetra. Both were fun, that was the first time I did the Hiit one. That was different. She did 4 sets on 10 second sprint, 20 seconds where you squat down and work your glutes and 30 seconds recovery. That was really fun.

Both workouts totaled 21 minutes, burned 151 calories, went .5 miles and did 1249 steps. HR was 137/162.

Then I walked on my treadmill for 30 minutes, burned 194 calories, went 1.5 miles and did 3636 steps. HR was 118/138.

Great job with your workouts everyone! Kicking butt! I will try to be back later for personals.

Today i did Cathe Live, Awesome Upper Body and had a great workout. I did it a little differently then Cathe, i eliminated the 1.5's so i could lift a little heavier. Also, i did the first set to 16 reps and the second set to 12 reps. At the end i add a small ab section but nothing great. I am trying to do some ab 4 days a week. Workout was 50 minutes and i burned 387 calories. I wanted to do a short cardio segment this morning but my son is home sick, he must have gotten it from my husband and i just don't want to compromise my immune system, i do not want to get sick! Remember during Christmas how sick i was for 2 weeks!!!!!! I really thought i would die, no Bueno!

I wanted to touch on my Weight Watchers journey with you. Boy was i over eating and the wrong foods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :( I did it for one day and already my stomach is so much flatter, the bloat is gone. The app has a bar code reader and it tells you how much any food is for points, it is so easy. Also, there are 200 Zero point foods you can eat that don't eat into your daily points, mine is only 23. I do get 43 extra points a week, but that will be easy to use up. However, the meal that is only one point is and i ate it twice yesterday is, Ground 99% fat free Turkey, which i love, it is all white meat, with Franks Buffalo Wing sauce on the top served along side of sautéed Zucchini with garlic. That is only 1 point!!! Also i made a cabbage salad with red bell pepper, carrots, green onions and turkey on the top with an Asian Ginger dressing that i mixed with some water and that was only 3 points because of the dressing. Breakfast was 2 pieces of deviled eggs that i made and that is only 2 points because i used low fat mayo. I am really excited about loosing weight and this is kinda fun!

Belinda, great job on the Rock em sock em today along with the icy core.

Diane Sue, i am sure that your Echo results are fine. A lot of the time with Seniors, which i hate to say that word because you are nothing like that, but they like to speak to them directly so they understand what my be going on or what my come your way in the future so you can address it now so nothing does go wrong. The doctors always speak to my parents directly so they can have a conversation regarding the issue for piece of mind. Sorry you are still having pain, i pulled a glute muscle yesterday doing kicks in the kickboxing class. When will it ever end!!!

BBL to read other posts. Have a nice day. I feel so sorry for the people in the Bahamas, did you see the destruction on the news?!

First Set is to 16 reps and second set is to 12 reps for all exercises

Kickbacks, no dips, 10's
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's
Chest Press- 20's ( need to go heavier next time )
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's
Chest Flies- 15's
Close Grip x 2 to Chest Flies x 1- 15's

Seated Overhead Press Palms facing inward- 15's
Lateral Raise- 8's
Iron Cross- 5's
Rear Flies seated- 10's
Upright Rows- 12's

Pullovers- 12's
1 Arm Rear Flies- 10# ( need to go heavier next time )
1 Arm Row- 20# ( need to go heavier next time )
Seated Bicep Curls with a twist- 15's
Crazy Eights with a BB- 25#
Seated W Curls- 12's
Reverse Curls- 8's ( need to go heavier next time )

ABS

Debbie, nice cardio session with legs today. Also, i am glad you could jump on the treadmill too! I took my dog to the golf coarse this morning for a nice long walk before it gets really hot.

I just finished my PT. Sorry I am just in and out of here. I took my grandson to school this morning and got there later because my windows were fogged and had condensation on the outside. I could not see a thing with the sun coming up in my face. I stopped twice trying to wipe it all off with tissues. Traffic was heavier by then. Then I got to school later and they had cones blocking going in the way I came yesterday and I could not back track. I had to park and walk my grandson down the hill and I waited till all the people coming in left and found another exit. Then ended up waiting for a train. It took me two hours!! Came home, cleaned my windows good and went to buy paper towels to keep in my car. Got a bit of house work done and am leaving to go back to the school. No time for a workout again. I may have to wait till the weekend. PT tomorrow and I think I am going to let them do the dry needling. Maybe it will loosen it up and help healing.

Jolie, a couple of ladies on another check in that I am on use Weight Watchers all of the time. It sounds like a good way to realize what you may be doing to sabotage your weight loss. Just little things can make a huge difference.

Roxie nice work on Morning Meltdown.

Belinda, I usually find myself either skipping the compound standing part of Lean Legs and Abs and doing the bonus with the rest, or I have put just the compound portions of that one and the Great Glutes one together. They are very similar.

Debbie, I guess you will be doing prep for Monday over the weekend. No one looks forward to that. Hoping it goes well for you. I bet those Max Trainer workouts will really do nice things for the legs and glutes.

Good Evening,

I did Morning Meltdown Cardio Meltdown tonight and it has a lot of burpees and some of them are one legged.

Back for personals finally. Sorry I haven't been doing personals much, just been crazy since going back to work.

Diane - I didn't know your echo was on your heart, I thought it was for the pain you've been having in the shoulder/neck. What made them do an echo on your heart? I was called back the first time I had my echo and although I have an aeortic valve problem, they called me back to just tell me all looked good. I was worried, too. I'm sorry you are still having so much pain, I hope the PT isn't making it worse. And yes, I'll be prepping on Sunday. I'll watch what I eat on Saturday but they seem to have this down to a science so I will follow their instructions. I have no idea how I will get through a day and a half without eating. I can have jello and broth, but that's about it. It will be tough for me, but I will put my big girl pants on and just deal with it. :)

Jolie - I used to do WW but back when there were slide cards. The updated plans have not worked for me and I don't like doing them. The app sounds cool, though, I haven't tried that. I use Myfitnesspal and like that, it helps me know what I'm eating etc. How much does WW charge a month now? Good luck with it, I'll be looking forward to see how you do with it. Great job on your workouts lately, too, killing it!

Roxie - Nice job with your workouts. I'm glad you are seeing results! Always makes all this work worth it.

Belinda - Great job on your workout today. What rotation are you following right now?

Roselyn - How's school? When will you be done?

Have a great evening everyone!

Good morning,

Lift It Hit it Back Biceps Shoulders is done. Need to get a stretch in later.

Debbie - I am doing Cathe's September 2019 rotation. I had my Colonoscopy done last year. Follow the instructions you be fine. Prepping for it isn't really that bad. You fill up with all the stuff they make you drink. You will not think about food, lol. Good luck Monday.

Roxie - great job yesterday.

Diane - that's a good idea. I am just following the rotation to the T.

I will be back later.

Today I did PHA 3 #189 from 2/8/18 and had a pretty good workout. I think I've decided this one isn't a favorite. Good for a change of pace, though. My HR was up the whole time which is the point of these workouts.

Cross back lunges to squats: 10# - 20/16 reps each side x 20 each side
Barbell Curls: 30# - 16/10 reps
Front Lunge w. leg lift: 10's - 16/12 reps
Overhead Press: 12.5's - 16/16 reps
DB Squats with low ends: 30# BB - 16/16 reps
Rear Delt Flies: 10's - 18 reps (this was only done once for some odd reason)
Repeat

Toes Elevated Deadlifts: 35# BB - 12/12 reps
Triceps Overhead Extensions: 25# - 12/10 reps
Side to Side Lunges: 10's - 16/12 reps
Pushups: 6 sets
Squat Toss- 10#/8# - 16/16 reps
Lateral Raise: 8's - 16/16 reps
Repeat

Heels elevated Front Squat: 25# BB - 16/16 reps
Upright Row: 25# BB - 16/16 reps
Rear Slide Back Lunges: 10's - 12/12 reps
Hammer Curls: 15's - 16/12 reps
Plie Squat: 25# DB - 20/20 reps
1 Arm Row: 15#/25# - 16/16 reps
Repeat

Workout was 50 minutes, burned 370 calories and did 1810 steps. HR was 136/171.

Belinda - I'm sure you are right, however, they didn't give me any nasty crap to drink. They gave me 4 dieuretic pills and then I have to mix Miralax with any light liquid like Gatorade or Crystal Light. But I have to mix half of 238 grams with 32 oz and drink that the night before and then do it again the morning of. So at least it isn't that gross tasting stuff that makes you gag. I'm sure it still won't be much fun. Can't wait until its all over.

Waving hi to all who come after me. Hope you all have great workouts!!!

Today I did Cathe Live, Cardio Boxing with Metabolic Conditioning, i skipped the ABS at the end. Then i did Cardio Boxing with Stability Ball Abs, only 15 minutes of the workout, this one is too high impact for me, workout was 1 hour and i burned 613 calories. I want to hit 600 calories on cardio days so if i cant do it with one workout, i will be starting a like workout and keep going till i hit that number of 600. Also, i may jump on my elliptical once it cools off. I used 1 pound gloves, this is becoming really easy so i have to look for my 2 pound gloves. Since i move and haven't unpacked a lot of stuff, i dont know where they are right now.

Weight Watchers Update: Going good, I have had to eliminate so many foods to hit my 23 points for the day. All my snacking was the problem. Now i eat turkey, 99% fat free with veggies all day long. Turkey as no points and either do the veggies. It is only the sauces and dressings that kill you on this plan along with anything processed or breads. I know i have lost some weight but im not going to look yet. I am going to look after one full week. My puffiness is definatly going away so that makes me happy. i love the App because i can scan anything and it will tell me how many points it will be, so that makes it very easy.

Debbie, nice job on the PHA #3 today. I like PHA #1 on the best so far. Also, i love Vertical Loading! Don't worry about the colonoscopy, everyone says its no big deal since they put you out. Once you have one you probably wont need one for a long time. Do you still get the pains?

Belinda, Nice job on Back Biceps and shoulders today! Do you think you are going to get a lot of rain from the Hurricane?

I am having an Achillies Tendon issue right now, i think it is from all of the high impact jumping i have been doing lately. The pain and swelling is right where the tendon attaches to the heel, it is a big bump an painful. I read i need to stretch my calves more, ice it and use an anti inflammatory. Also, I have had surgery there on both heels 25 years ago and it is always sore or numb. I looked on youtube last night and i need to massage it and ice it. Runners apparently get this all of the time. I think since i do so much jumping on my toes lately that is what is causing it. If it isn't one thing its another!

BBL to read your posts.

Have a nice day.

I am having a hard time getting to any workout right now. It takes a lot to get in PT or go to PT. Between school and PT I am spending 5 hours a day doing just that. I was so tired today I came back from school and took a short 10 minute nap and did some cleaning went to physical therapy and came back and iced and fell asleep for a few minutes again. Now it is near time to head to the school again. It may be the whole 2 weeks of having my grandson without much for workouts. Like a forced rest I guess. Maybe I can do a little bit Saturday. The therapist gave me a couple of new moves and did a bit of dry needling so we see how I tolerate it. It wasn't to bad. She found some trigger points and worked on them. I felt it when she found the trigger points. She suggested icing. She asked if they had been having me ice there after therapy. It always starts with heat and some electrical stimulation that helps draw the mind away from pain. I felt that silly shoulder and arm throughout though. It felt somewhat better when I left. Doing colored pencil pictures with my grandson last night set off my shoulder :( I was up a lot. I new I was in trouble before I even went to bed.
The therapist has set me up to do more mobility stuff for the shoulder as tolerated. She said sometimes something like this can suddenly stop hurting and if you aren't mobile it can turn into frozen shoulder. Did I say all of this driving hurts?

Debbie, I did a Smart Beat screening at my doctor's office at her advice to ward off any think that might be happening. It had an simpler echo sort of thing along with other tests. When she went over the results there was some issues with the test and she set me up for a heart echo and a thyroid ultrasound. I already knew there was a nodule on the thyroid, but it showed some more stuff. I have not heard back on that. But, the heart echo, they did not say anything, just called and said the heart doctor wanted me to come in so he could go over the results with me. That is tomorrow. The first colonoscopy I had they had me use the miralax and I used strawberry lemonade Crystal light. I think I never want to drink that stuff again. It is hard drinking that much liquid in so short a time frame. Then you have to go so many hours without even water. I remember wetting my tongue and spitting out the water. The second time they had a new type of colonoscopy prep that was a meal prep and was so much easier. It came with the powdered laxative and some sugar free drink mix packets along with small food servings and an exact schedule, down to the hour on when to eat and drink. It was small amounts of low glycemic foods. But, enough to take the edge off a bit. Then the last part was just drinking the drink up till what for me meant getting up at 2 am for my last dose before I went in for the procedure. No problems found either time.

Belinda, that rotation will be a good one I am sure. I haven't followed a rotation to a T for a long time :)

Jolie, great job with weight watchers. Just the fact that you are seeing where your shortcomings are is good. My Net Diary shows me what foods I have consumed lately that are a bit high for my goals.

Roxie, no burpees for me for awhile. I don't mind a few, but would rather not do any.

Debbie, you have to join WW and then you download the App and you use your user name and password you get when joining. If you do the online only WW, it cost me the initial sign of fee of like $10 and then it is about $4 per month. Not bad, because it is working for me. I just went to the grocery store and was shocked scanning bar codes how many points were attached to each item i was picking up. I traded out my Almond milk for the unsweetened one and i am saving 3 points a serving. I grabbed extra lean turkey and turkey sausage patties for breakfast and lunches and they are so low it is incredible. There are people on YouTube that show you what they eat in a day, tricks that they have learned over time, and they have lost a lot of weight. Also, the App syncs with my fitbit and keeps track of all of my exercise. If I get the WW scale, it syncs with that too and it will then tell you how many points you should be eating everyday based on your body composition. If i spend money on something, i always stick with it. So, i know this is going to help me loose that 10 pounds i want to loose :)

Diane Sue, i bet this forced rest is good for you and just focus on the PT so you get better. Maybe just use your tread climber if you can find the time and give your whole upper body some time off.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.