Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2023

Today I did CDorner Old School Cardio High or Low (fun music that Chris said she did not list in the description because some would not do it), 30 minutes, heart rate 125/159, 145 calories, 3,231 steps. I also did the first half of CDorner Thighs and Butt (had to stop as husband and granddaughter were coming home with lunch), 22 minutes, 73 calories, heart rate 103/128, 372 steps. Total time 52 minutes, 218 calories, 3,603 steps.

Thighs and Butt
moves are done for 1 minute
walk lunge and RDL are the base moves that are repeated with other moves between

warm up
walking lunge 15# dbs
RDL 20# dbs

plie squat 15# dbs
plie position right heel lifted 1 1/2 15# db
repeat left heel
floor 10# db inner thigh lift rt 1 min
inner thigh lift pulses 10# rt
no weight lift up one three down
same moves on left

this is where I stopped and she was starting back on the walking lunge and RDL

Cam, nice work with Penny No Repeat Cardio and Strength. We have had a lot of aquariums over the years and this is the second blow out. The other was years ago when we had 8 tanks and some were salt water. A smaller one 20 gallons that had sea horses in it. I am glad we have ceramic flooring as carpeting is not good when that happens. I have been following the news a lot. Last night I shut it off when my husband left as it breaks my heart for them.

Jolie, that is nice that you got to spend time with your husband on your anniversary and go for a walk. Nice work on getting the walks in and some weights.

Debbie, great job on Raw Burn Out Upper Body today. I have been extra busy too. Getting ready for family dinner and I need to do something with these fish in the bucket. They are big and probably not doing all that well.

Doreen, nice work on the IFIt ride. Some of my family is visiting Colorado right now. They sent pictures rock climbing. I am not sure where though.

Today I did Michelle Soul Fusion PiYo Mashup. This was my favorite PiYo workout of hers. It was 45 min broken down by lower body, power, total body, yoga flow and core & more. Challenging, but fun moves. The music was good too.

Doreen, I hear you on the me-weekend. I don't like it when my alone time gets cut short.

Glad you had a nice anniversary and a long walk.

Good workouts everyone!

Hi,

We got into DC very late last night. We didn’t get to bed until 1 am. We decided to stay at DD’s house. We came home this afternoon. I went for a walk with Sadie. I just finished modified Cardio Slam. I almost skipped it, I am so tired today.

I forgot to mention went for a long walk on Wednesday, I was about to open my son’s gate to walk on the sidewalk. My Dil has a lot of decorations for Halloween on the gate, when I open the gate a scorpion fall from the gate. He was hiding the the spider web my Dil put up. It scared the living day light out of me. I never seen one that big. DS lives in the mountains. It’s also a new development, new houses are going up everywhere. I usually walk on the trail by near his house, lots of people walking daily on the trail.

Cam - it’s heartbreaking what is going on :( I can’t imagine the horror they are going through.

Sorry I will catch up on personals tomorrow. I am very tired.

I did STS 2.0 Super Sets this morning and then a walk for the dog. Hubby is out hunting. They got 8 in of snow last night where he is going and he just called and said it was cold.

Today I did Raw Upper Body & Abs, 34 minutes, 84 calories, heart rate 94/135. I then did Total Body Push day 14 minutes out of the 18 as I had to rush to go to lunch with my husband and granddaughter. This was only 34 calories, and heart rate 89/127. Total time 48 minutes, 118 calories.
Raw Upper Body And Abs 34:39 minutes

Timed 45 seconds alternates upper body and abs rests uses a step with two risers each side and dumbbells

shoulder press 10# dbs
Russian Twist with dumbbell 12#
Repeat

seated preacher curl alternating 15# dbs dropped to 12# dbs second set (this is alternating arms)
Sit up with a press 12# db
Repeat

kickbacks 10# dbs
Standing side to side reach abs with 10# dbs
Repeat

seated pulls 15# dbs
Plank hold
Repeat

chest flys 12# dbs 10
Reverse crunch
Repeat

all upper moves standing
Overhead press 8# dbs
Curls 12# dbs
Kickbacks 10# dbs
Rows alternating 12# dbs

Bench press 15# dbs
stretch

Timesaver Push Day (as far as I got) 8 reps each set
seated alternating overhead press 10# repeat 8# dbs
Russian Twist 10# dbs repeat
shoulder press10# dbs repeat
lateral raise 8# dbs repeat
overhead triceps extension 15# db repeat
lying triceps extension repeat (did not do)
connected bench repeat (did not do)
regular bench press repeat (did not do)

Well I tried the first DVD of the Addition Heavy Bag set this morning that I picked up this fall off a dvd sale. I didn't have my heavy bag set up but it probably would have made it better. There is no building of combos - just a short combo repeated and then a new short combo. Some mountain climbers and dips thrown in for good measure. It's voice over instructions on what combo to do next and then workout team just switches. No cues or counting by the instructor during the workout. I'm glad I only paid $15 for this set and not the original $85.

Reactions: WD
Today I had an excellent workout, I did CL #351 Intense Upper Body, and I did good with the weights. I am a lot weaker than I was 1 year ago because of less lifting but I still did better than I thought I would. Workout was an hour long and I burned 471 calories. I added some punches in between sets to see how my collar bone did and I was just fine. I think I may do some kickboxing in the near future; I really miss it.

Doreen, wow on the snow for your husband out hunting. The CA mountains got a foot of snow a couple of weeks ago too, I bet it will be a big winter again due to El Nino. Great job on the workout today, I love getting dvds for dirt cheap just in case I do not like them. I felt the same way with a Beach Body set I purchased, it was so bad...

I hope you all have great workouts and a great day today. Happy Saturday.

This morning I did Cathe's PHA 3. I have to go a little slower with the upper body and heavier weights. Cathe goes quick, but I just pause to finish or do less reps. This workout has me sucking wind every time, but I love this one.

Its been an awful rainy and windy couple days. I have lots of indoor stuff to do anyway. Time to put away the summer clothes and get out the winter clothes. Blech.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Evening,

I went for a walk outside before the rain. I also did STS 2.0 Trisets.

It’s awful rainy here too. Miss the 90’s in TX.

Sorry for no personals. I am not feeling well today. My stomach is upset. I hope I don’t have that stomach bug that is going around.

I will be back tomorrow. Good night.

Yesterday I did CDorner Step and Abs #325 Fast Basic Step, 43 minutes, heart rate 114/146, 169 calories, 3,078 steps. I then did CDorner Mobility with a chair, 26 minutes, 50 calories, heart rate 85/101. This is not a sit in the chair stretch. The sitting is sitting and standing hands free and balance mobility. Total time was 69 minutes, 219 calories.
This morning I did day one of CDorner 30 day mobility and stretching challenge. She has made these all shorter and they are new.

Doreen, I have the Addiction set. I have done all of them, but I really do not look at them and have the desire to pull them out. For one thing, you cannot split them up if you want to shorten it because she does all one side before she moves to the other. I also do not care for the moves she uses in between the boxing. If I remember right it gets tougher as you move through them. They are just not fun. I think I got them pretty cheap years ago when some ladies were buying them because of a drop in price. I like heavy bag work, but not those.

Jolie, nice work out getting in CL 351 intense upper body. It is taking me a lot to get my weights back up. Those things that come up and make us back off sure make it some work to get the strength back.

Cam, great job getting in PHA #3, It is cooler here right now as well and we had a surprise burst of rain a couple of days ago. I opened windows today to let the cool breeze through the house. It was 49 when I got up this morning to get ready for family visit.

Belinda, that would scare me if I had a big scorpion come out of the halloween web decor. I do not like scorpoins. I was bit by a small one at my daughters once that was in the bed. Nice work getting in STS 2 Trisets and your walk before the rain. I hope you feel better.

This morning I did RAW Step & Pump and had a great workout. This a fun one and I should do it more often.

Everything was 1 minute long and 10 seconds of rest

Cardio Step Boxing - 1 minute
Dumbbell Curls: 15's
Wide Dumbbell Curls: 15's

Cardio Step Boxing - 1 minute
Front Raise: 8's
Lateral Raise: 8's

Cardio Step Boxing- 1 minute
Overhead Triceps Extensions: 8's
Kickbacks: 5's

One Arm Row: 15#

Chest Press: 15's
Chest Flyes: 15's

Repeat all of the cardio together X3

Repeat all of the weights together one time through

Fun stuff! Workout was 44 minutes, burned only 309 calories, did 1698 steps and HR was 124/156.

Hope you all have great workouts today!!

Hi,

Today I did X-Train CSB. Had a great workout.

Tomorrow I have a mammogram appointment early in the morning and another one with my Rheumatologist after lunch. My ear is flairing up for weeks, I can’t seem to get a handle on it. He put me back on prednisone before I flew to TX. The Humira isn’t working, he had me stop taking it today. Him and I will discuss 2 other medications he wants time to try. Wish me luck.

I had a Pap test done a few weeks ago, well I got a notices last week I need to get another one in 2 month. They didn’t get a good reading on the Pap test. Everything else came back negative.

Diane - the scorpio did came out of the Halloween decoration. It was nicely hidden. Very scary! Sorry you got bit by one. Scorpions in EP are not poison to Humans but for dogs. Great job on your workouts yesterday. I saw Chris posted a nice stretch workout. I need to try to do that one.

Debbie - glad you had fun with your workout.

BBL

Today I did STS 2 Total Body Giant Sets, 57 minutes, 166 calories, heart rate 100/139, 497 steps. I then did CDorner mobility/stretch 30 day challenge day 2 upper body chair stretch, 18 minutes, 28 calories. Total time was 75 minutes 194 calories. I increased a lot of the weights from what I did the last 3 times.

Giant Sets Total Body
warm up 10 and 15# and light tubing

group 1: squats 25# dbs 10 reps
group 1: chest press 15# dbs 10 rwps
group 1: overhead press 8# dbs 10 reps
group 1 alternating rear lunge 15# dbs 10 reps
group 1: deadlifts 25# dbs 10 reps
group 1; bent over rows 20# dbs 10 reps
group 1: side to side lunges 20# dbs 10 reps
group 1: bicep curls17.5# dbs 10 reps
group 1: lying triceps extension 12# dbs 10 reps
group 1: hip thrusts 35# barbell 10 reps

group 2; elevated lunges 4 risers 20# db 10 reps
group 2: alternating single arm chest press 15#dbs 10 reps
group 2: alternating single arm overhead press 10# dbs 10 reps
group 2: single leg rear lunges 17.5# dbs 10 reps
group 2: single leg deadlifts 25# db 10 reps
group 2: kneeling 1 arm row 25# 10 reps
group 2 single leg side lunges 20# 10 reps
group 2: single arm biceps curls 15# db 10 reps
group 2; single arm lying triceps extension 12# dbs 10 reps
group 2 hip thrusts single leg 35# barbell 10 reps

group 3: squat 25# dbs 8 reps
group 3: chest press 15# dbs 8 reps
group 3; overhead press 10# dbs 8 reps
group 3: alternating rear lunges 15# dbs 8 reps
group 3: deadlifts 25# dbs 8 reps
group 3: bent over rows 25# dbs 8 reps ( I upped it this set)

Debbie, great job on Raw Step and Pump today. It is getting harder to find specific workouts on her app. Or to identify which one it is. I have to pull out my notebook and look at my tabs.

Belinda, good work on getting in XTrain Chest Shoulders and Biceps. Wow, you have a lot going on. Iam sorry the ears are flaring up again and humira is not working. Praying that they find the right medicine to give you. That is too bad that you have to go back for another pap test. I had to do that with my mammogram last year. Sorpions here are not poisonous. Their sting sure does hurt though. Not the best ways for me to get woken up. I tore all of the bedding off the bed till I found it. I was pretty sure I knew what it was because that year they kept getting in their pool. I found it and made sure it was dead and there was nothing else in the bed.

Roselyn, I hope you had a fun time with the kickboxing workout today.

group 3: side to side lunges 20# dbs 8 reps
group 3: biceps curls 15# dbs 8 reps
group 3: lying triceps extensions 12# dbs 8 reps
group 3: hip thrusts 35# barbell 8 reps

Last edited:
Today I did RAW R&R September 2019 again, I did this just last week but liked it so much I wanted to do it again. Last week I couldn't finish it so this time I started early enough and did the whole workout. So fun but really tough, especially the Max Trainer parts.

Everything was in sections of 45 seconds. So sometimes she would do three - 45 second drills on her Peloton. I did the same on my MT. All exercises were 45 seconds each.

Cardio warmup: Max Trainer - 4 min. 45 sec.

Squats w/Knee Lift: 15's
Walkout Plies: 15#
Plie Sweeps

Cardio: Max Trainer - 4 min. 15 sec

Front/Side Kicks (one side at a time)
Front Lunge/Back Kicks (one side at a time) (I did two sets of Deads using 15's)
Alternate Reverse Lunges: 15's

Cardio: Max Trainer - 4 min.

Side Lunge w/Side Kick - 10#
Alternating Slow Pendulums
No weight Squats

Cardio: Max Trainer - 3 min. 22 sec.

Pizza Press/Hydrants (one side at a time) - I did Clam shells
Rainbows - I did bridges
Situps climbing up leg (one side at a time) - I did Dead Bug
One-Leg Bridges

Cardio: Max Trainer - 3 min.

One Leg Squats: 10's
Lunge Front/Back: 10's

Great workout! Workout was 51 minutes, burned 372 calories, did 2227 steps and HR was 129/160.

Belinda - I'm so sorry to hear you are going through so much again. It seems like it never lets up for you. I am praying things get turned around for you soon, that is no way to live! Great job with your workout, though! You are a warrior!

Diane - I agree, Kelly has so many workouts on there anymore, it's hard to find specific ones. Maybe she should go with a numbering system? Might be easier to find them. Sometimes I waste so much time just looking for a workout I want to do. Oh well. Great job with STS Total Body, looks like a killer workout!

Have a great day everyone!

I cannot believe that I forgot to check in yesterday, where did the day go! Yesterday's workout was a 4 mile walk with the pup, 1 hour 16 minutes and I burned 641 calories. Today's workout was a 2.1 mile walk with the pup, my toe is sore and has a blister on it, so I did not go as far as usual. Next, I got on my elliptical and ran 2.2 miles, 20 minutes on Interval Mode, 2 minutes up hill and higher resistance then 2 minutes lower incline on lower resistance. It was a Hiit type of run, and I loved it. I will be starting to run more now that the weather will get cooler after today. Total workout time was 1 hour 5 minutes, traveled 4.3 miles and I burned 688 calories.

Debbie, great job on the workout yesterday and today, those look like a lot of fun. I will sign up once we get into winter and I won't be walking as far due to it being cold. I like that Cathe numbers her workouts, it is very easy to find them on her live thread. Maybe give Kelly the suggestion, I bet others feel the same way about finding their favorite workouts.

Diane Sue, I cannot believe that your calorie burn is so low, and you are lifting impressive weights in your last workout. Great job on the STS total body workout, it looks really good.
Belinda, good luck at the doctors appointment. I got my mammogram results back and they said they looked so good that there is no need to get another one for 2 years. Yeah! I do have to get a pap in December and I only do that every couple of years now. I hope your ear feels better.

Roselyn, great job on the workout.

Make it a great day.

I have been having problems with my computer so hopefully I have it working right again. Things were not fully loading and on one site I had an item I had looked at on Walmart show up on top of a horse on another site. It is weird.
Any way I did CDorner Back to the 80's Step Aerobics #328. 63 minutes, 292 calories, heart rate 126/168, 5,683 steps. I then did CDorner Day 3 of the 30 day stretch & mobility, Quick and Gentle Lower Body Stretch, 14 minutes, 25 calories. Total time was 77 minutes, 317 calories.

Debbie, nice work on Raw R&R and getting the whole thing in. I bet the Max Trainer really added to the intensity of it. Numbering would probably help except numbering some of them would be hard as she has such a variety of types of workouts. I think there is a couple that are not in the categories. Maybe it is just one? You have to find through the complete listing. Maybe she fixed it, I don't know. I think I just left a blank file tab that I put a particular one in in my notebook.

Roselyn, nice work today on back.

Jolie, I often wonder why my calories are so low with the workouts. It is the same with all of the watches though. I guess maybe my heart rate is just hard to get up that high? When doing the workouts with some of the instructors they will mention there calorie burn and mine will be half what theirs is. You burn amazing amounts of calories. I imagine part of it is stride length and height. I am 5'3 so that makes some difference. Great job on the walks with the pup and the elliptical workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.