Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2021

Today I did CDorner Step Aerobic Intervals with Cardio Kickboxing Mashup doing my own upper moves instead of punches. For the really fast punch section I just did football runs. This was 45 minutes, heart rate 142/189, 262 calories, 3,542 steps. I also did CDorner Mobility for Tight Muscles and the Neck and Back mobility, 59 minutes, 77/101 heart rate, 86 calories, 366 steps. Total time was 1 hour 44 minutes, 3,908 steps. I may change my arthritis appointment as forecast is severe storms and I am not making a 1 hour trip in a storm.

Debbie, I am glad the bus banquet went well. Sorry that there was so much smaller of a group. Probably some of the drivers were making up for the ones that were sick. I find more people stay home when not feeling well now that normally would have went out anyway unless they were seriously ill. Sometimes I fully expect to have no energy when I get up and I feel great. I bet after such a busy day you got an especially deep sleep in. You are lucky with the therapist. I had one most of the time, but they gave me different ones and they had to glance over what we did last time and never said much. I really don't think any of them worked out. To be honest most didn't look like they worked out except maybe the one guy that I saw twice and did the work up the first visit. It seemed people often called and requested him as I heard the receptionist saying something about a caller wanting him and she did not have openings as everyone wanted him. I just think the place I chose which was a chain was not a good choice. I chose because it was around the corner and convenient. I use Kelly's Raw Get up and Move short workout that is around 5 minutes and sometimes repeat it for a fun quick warm up. You would not have to use a dvd for that one. She has the other short that is good too, but it has push ups so I am not using it right now. Or warm up with one of the Raw weight workout warm ups. I used the foam roller and hit those spots with the therapy balls after all of the mobility today, then I soaked in bath salts and iced while I dried my hair. John Hopkins stuff on shoulder arthritis, suggested icing after stretching and workouts. It is frustrating when we have to waste time with equipment that is not working properly when all we want to do is get our workout in.

Doreen, maybe I could follow a cycling workout like that and view a youtube program at the same time. I have a tv roku and all in one computer in the room with the spin bike. May try it. The scenery looks like when I am driving up some of the roads around here.

Belinda, it is amazing how we get places like that and don't notice till it gets bad. I recently had that happen with my thumb. I think I had probably gotten one of the tiny thorns that I could not see stuck in it and I did not notice till it got infected and swelled up. I am glad that you got it taken care of.

This morning I plan to do Strong & Sweaty PHA. I haven't done this one in a long, long time and remembering it seeming too long. But my tastes have changed in the past couple years and am liking repetition a bit more. So I will stream some good music and have at it.

I realized that Heather Robertson has great yoga fusion workouts and saved a couple. Duh! So I will do these once in a while. The weather is spectacular here for Fall so yesterday I took a long walk after work. We have had my family staying with us for the past 3 weekends so it feels good to have relaxing time and no plans this weekend. Yeah!

I want do CDorner's Full Body from yesterday. It looks great but do not have internet in my workout room right now. I am tired of lugging my weights up and down stairs to the living room where we have a brand new spectacular huge TV. YT never looked so good. I will just do no equipment workouts on that one.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Reactions: WD
Hi everyone,

DH and I took a vegan cooking class. We made plant based Plant-Based Pho, Homemade Hoisin Sauce, Homemade Chili Sauce ,Tom Kha Soup. The broth was from scratch. We also made dark roasted tofu. So yummy.

I will be back tomorrow. I am kinda tired from cooking.

Today I did Cathe Pedal Power 61 minutes, 12.07 miles, 271 calories, heart rate 122/151. I decided maybe id I was tried to avoid overusing that shoulder maybe it would quit hurting so bad. I then did CDorner mobility hips and shoulders till it got to a down dog, plank sections and I stopped that one and did her Neck and Shoulders Stretch, 37 minutes, 69 calories. heart rate 85/114. No steps to report for the cycling. I used the indoor cycling and it only picked up around 300 steps. There is a device you can get and sync it too for the bike, but I am not sure I really care. I watched Jane Iredale cosmetic review videos while I did the ride. I put the dvd in the computer and watched youtube on the Roku. I get bored on fitness equipment. I was planning on doing Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 yoga, but for some reason when I went out of the dvd player the whole computer shut down and I did not want to mess with it.

Cam, I am glad that you found some of the fusion yoga workouts on youtube. I had some that were free on Amazon Prime that I liked, but for some reason I could not remember the name of the woman that did them. She had a 30 day yoga plan and there were all different varieties and focus on the workouts. Some were tough. We always enjoy family, but that back to quiet and relaxed time is really nice. I always feel a bit of let down as well as relief. Hard to explain. I love them all so much. They all live within an hour of our house though right now. Once a month we have them all over together.

Belinda, that is so nice that you and your husband work together on the cooking prep and did a cooking class together. The sauces sound yummy and would give lots of options.
I put together one of my favorite vegan dishes for dinner from Fix it with food. A sauted and then mashed cauliflower topped with roasted broccoli mixed with dairy free parmesan cheese, salted roasted peanuts, parsley, and lime juice. It also called for some Cayenne oil which they had a recipe for, but I just sprinkled a little cayenne pepper in.

I was looking for a good cardio dvd and came across Strong by Zumba. It's been a couple years since I did this one. I forgot how much I liked it and that the moves are choreographed to the music. A little bit more jumping movements than I probably should have done, but it was fun.

Just to add, I really liked S & S PHA. I had to change a couple tricep exercises but I don't know why I was sour on it. I will be doing this again soon.

This morning I did Caroline's Beast Mode Day 9, Chest & Triceps. One more day of Beast Mode and then I start Epic III. Can't wait! Loved this workout, it was tough. I worked to failure with some of the exercises. I liked her exercises but a bit too much with pushups.

4 sets, 40 seconds on/20 seconds off

Chest Press: 20's
Dumbbell Flies: 15's for 1 set/17.5's fro 3
Wide Pushups
Diamond Press
: 15's (loved these)

Dips
Close Grip Dumbbell Press
: 15's
Triceps Pushups
Lying Triceps Extensions
: 12# (these were done holding one Dumbbell over your head and doing small extention pulses)
Diamond Pushups: Skipped

Finisher
Dead Stop Pushups
Dead Stop Triceps Pushups
: Skipped

Workout was 40 minutes. I was really pumped afterwards. Feeling pretty good today.

My husband was stung by over 20 yellow jackets yesterday on his head and face. I was gone when it happened and when I got back home he was in the house sweating profusely, it looked like he went swimming and didn't dry off. OMG I was so scared. He didn't want to go to the emergency room so I gave him 2 Benedryl's. After the sweating subsided he took a shower and then slept most of the day. He was back to normal in the evening. So glad he's not allergic, that could have been much worse.

My cousin is showing improvement, they don't have to give her as much morphine and she is drinking a bit and wanted chocolate. I hope she continues to improve. Thank you all for the prayers.

Great job on your wor,outs this weekend. Hope you all have a great one today!

Sorry- I didn't post over the weekend - I only did one workout - a short full body band YT by Jessica Smith I had saved years ago - I used by Boss bands for it. Then I took the puppy for a short bike ride. He's doing pretty well running along. We keep it short and I go his pace.

Our internet is out since Sunday afternoon- so frustrating. So I did a DVD - Strong and Lean this morning with the Barbell, DB and tubing.

Busy week this week with the deadline on Friday so I may not post much- hoping I can still get workouts in.

I forgot to check in this weekend! Saturday was a 5.3 mile walk and burned 901 calories. Sunday was a rest day. Today I went for a 4 mile walk and burned 811 calories. My husband surprised me with a trip to Mammoth in the Sierra Nevada Mountains from Thurs to Sunday so I am so excited to get out of town and enjoy a little snow, it is snowing there today. There are the best hiking trails in this area so I will be getting in a ton of hiking but the altitude is over 10,000 feet so it will be tuff to breath if the hills are steep. I strained my low back yesterday cleaning the garage so I may just walk this week and give my low back a break. I do not want to go on vacation in pain, I can get back to working out when I get back with the weights.

Debbie, great job on the Caroline G workout today! I am happy that you like them, I did them all last winter and really enjoyed them. I like how little equipment is used so I can to them in my living room when it is too cool to workout in my garage. I skip the pushups and just do chest press instead.

Doreen, bummer about your internet issue, at least there are all of the old dvds to use when this happens!

Belinda, your cooking class sounds like a lot of fun! The food you cooked sounds really tasty. Nice job on the workout.

Roselyn, great job on the workout yesterday. How is your mother doing?

Cam, I have never done Zumba but I think they look like a lot of fun!

Off to AAA to get my son's registration renewed, yuck!

Today I did CDorner all standing Cardio Low Impact Walk, 42 minutes, 264 calories, heart rate 147/183, 4,330 steps. I intensified lower body moves and limited the ranges of the upper. I also did most lower body when she did the light weight stuff at the end. I also did the abs that she had up today, no equipment and stopped after the superman move with pulls, that I modified. This was 13 minutes, heart rate 76/91, 23 calories. I finished with Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga first part of #1 shoulders and neck, and all of #2 lower body, 34 minutes, 44 calories, heart rate 73/83. Total time was 89 minutes, 331 calories, 4,330 steps(did not attempt to do steps for anything but cardio. I am trying to give my shoulder a rest and do the suggested protocol that I was reading about. I just need to be creative to get in something. Spin bike is not fun!! At least not to me. I changed my arthritis appointment to November 1 and am hoping I can get this to improve. It really rained hard last night. More coming throughout tomorrow and Wednesday morning which is another reason I changed my appointment. We get flooded roads and I am not making that hour trip in all of that. The electric company dug a hole in our planter and left it with wires and pipes exposed and it is filled with water now. I hope they get done with this soon. I guess they left it for next time. I thought they were just running wires into the box, but I guess they have to come up from underneath.
I got this new keyboard and for some reason I keep hitting something and deleting all that I have typed :mad:

Last edited:
Roselyn, nice work with Beast Mode.

Cam, is that Zumba from the Exhilarate set? I remember one that they used shake weights with to music. I think I got rid of those. I never did them, loaned them to my granddaughter and her and her mother did them for awhile and then they gave them back. I am pretty sure I passed them on somewhere else.
I have that happen with workouts. I just must have had a bad experience or something that left me not wanting to do it again, and then when I finally do I really like it. Maybe I just got better with the types of moves from other things, or it just clicked later.

Debbie, great workout today. You are doing great getting back into the weight workouts. I am glad you are feeling good today. I bet you were scared when you saw your husband. Great that you had some Benedryl to give him. It probably knocked him out after all of that and the Benedryl. My son had a bunch of bees sting him when he was 12. He had been playing in the creek with other kids and came running into the house screaming. Fortunately he is was not allergic. I used to tell my children to not worry about the wasps in the yard, if they ignored them they would leave them alone. Big lie!! I said it and one flew down right then and stung my daughter. Now it is go in the house and I get out the spray.
I am glad to hear that your cousin is doing better. Why are they giving her Morphine? I had not heard of them using that for Covid. Wanting chocolate is a definite sign of feeling better. My whole taste changed for awhile and most things I usually ate made me feel ill just thinking about eating them. My daughter bought me homemade chicken noodle soup and chicken casserole and I couldn't eat it. I ate lots of oranges. That was about the only thing that tasted good. I was glad my daughter bought me a big bag of oranges.

Doreen, I had not thought of looking at Jessica Smith for band work. I guess thinking about it her balance series uses a band in one of the workouts. Nothing heavy though, more of a movement/ cardio type workout. I saw a guy working with his dog on leash and his bike the other day and I thought of you taking yours out with you. When internet goes out it is nice to have those dvds and downloads. I hope work is not too rough this week.

Belinda, nice work with Epic III muscle building today.

Jolie, nice walk and great calorie burn. Your getaway sounds nice. I am sure that you will love it and the hiking.

I did Fit Split Low Impact & Metabolic Conditioning. I really feel like my core is getting stronger. It wasn't that long ago that I struggled with doing planks with the gliders and pulling your knees in. I actually found them a little easier to do tonight. I have a hard time positioning my feet with the disks though. I hate it when I lose the disk.

Diane, Stong by Zumba is a stand alone. It isn't dancy but more athletic choreography. A little more drill based. It's a goody.

Jolie, fun get-away! Funny, you're looking forward to seeing snow and I am dreading it. It won't be long and winter will arrive in my neck of the woods.

Doreen hate it when the internet is out. I don't have it in my workout room right now either and it's starting to get to me also.

Good workouts everyone!

This morning I did RAW Hi:Low Cardio and had a great workout. This one is fun as she does the first half on the floor and then the same moves she did on the floor on the step. I used two risers today because it wasn't technically a "step" workout, you just used the step for a few moves that I felt safe doing on 2 risers. I can't believe I used to do Step Blast with two risers. Yikes!

Thank you all for the prayers for my cousin! She is now eating soft food and they are going to step down the oxygen. So happy about this!

Diane - When something disappears after you've typed it, press CTRL Z and it should bring it back. CTRL Z is an undo feature on most all computers. I use it all the time. My husband is fine now and yes, it did scare me. I had no idea what to do, I've never had to deal with that before. At least not that many stings. They were giving my cousin morphine because she was in such distress. Plus, I think they all thought she was going to die so hospice was trying to keep her comfortable. We heard yesterday that she is now eating soft foods and the respiratory therapist will start stepping her off the oxygen. Everyone is amazed at how well she is doing. I am so happy about this, it was so sad thinking I would lose one of my cousins. I hope you figure out what is going on with your shoulder soon. Is this something new or just what has been ongoing with everything else?

Cam - I agree! I am dreading the winter as well, hate it. The first snowfall is cool and then it can go. I hope it isn't too bad this year. Great job with your workout and so happy to hear your core is getting stronger!

Roselyn - Good job with Beast Mode, are you starting it over? I will start Epic III tomorrow I think. I am still praying for you mom. Keep the faith.

Jolie - Hope you have a blast on your mini trip. Sounds like fun! I don't mind pushups so much, I just don't like doing them over and over again. A few sets is fine, but when the entire workout consists of them, forget it. I am so sore today!

Belinda - I'm starting EPIC III tomorrow. Looking forward to it! Great job yesterday with Day 26!

Doreen - Bummer about your internet! I hate when that happens.

Have a great day everyone!

I did a CDoerner step this morning - was loving the choreo but my puppy looked so forelorn and he didn't get a walk yesterday I decided to take him for a quick bike ride. It was still dark when we left (!) but was light by the time we got back. I hate this time of the year as the days get shorter....

Hi,

Epic III NOTORIOUS No Repeat Squat Workout - LEG DAY | EPIC III Day 27 is done.

Debbie - hope you like Epic 3 as much as I do. Although I am starting to miss Cathe's Live workouts.

Roselyn - I will keep your mom in my prayers.

Cam - I haven't done Zumba strong in so long. Thanks for the reminder.

Jolie - enjoy your trip this weekend. I need a vacation.

Doreen - glad your internet is working again.

Diane - great job yesterday. You sure like Chris's workouts.

That's it for me today.

This morning I did Cathe Boss Loops Glutes and Core mish mosh # 4 double standing lower body strength with low impact cardio, 43 minutes, heart rate 149/183, 270 calories, 2,656 steps. I adjusted the plank split jumps to just standing split jumps with no arm raise which took my heart rate way up anyway. All is done with the band on other than the warm up. I liked this mix as I would rather be standing. I then did Walk Strong 3 Cardio Step Jam using the high step with 2 risers, 32 minutes, heart rate 144/180, 197 calories, 3,374 steps. With both workouts I kept the right arm at a lower point from raising at angles that would hurt. Worked well and I got in 6,030 steps, 467 calories, 75 minutes. I am feeling pretty bored with workouts. I liked being able to do new stuff that was fun. But I am marking off each day as a tally to see if 2 or 3 weeks helps at all. Woke in pain this morning and took one Advil and went back to sleep for a few minutes. It feels pretty good now. I avoided as much overhead work on my hair this morning though and left the flat iron out of the mix. I am not going anywhere anyway and it seems every time I get done with a workout I am fine till I get done with drying out my hair and fixing it. It is windy outside and has been thundering. Much cooler today in the 60's. My weird wifi thermostat was telling me that my heater is only cutting in for 5 minutes and cutting back off. I thought, why? I don't have it set on heat.

Roselyn, I am so sorry to hear that your mother is still having problems. I know it is heart breaking for you. Sending prayers your way.

Cam, great job on the workout today. It always takes me a bit to get my coordination on the discs until I have done it for awhile. I guess I have not seen the Strong Zumba workout. I would imagine the music would make it fun.

Debbie, I really like that workout too. I do not look forward to winter at all. I don't like the shoveling and ice. Thanks for the heads up on ctrl and Z. I never heard of doing that before. It would have saved me frustration and lots of typing. I am glad that your cousin is getting better. Anytime I hear Hospice I figure they are there to provide comfort till the person dies. Maybe that horse medicine did help. I would use the medical name, as I have heard it mentioned a few times, but it seems to be lost on me right now. The shoulder is an ongoing thing that started about 3 years ago. I had an mri 2 years ago after trying PT and then finally my doctor went over things with me and gave me a steriod injection. It let up and I thought that it was finally mending, then here in recent months it has come back with a vengeance and this second injection and told me to come back in 3 months and we might need to do another mri to see if something is going on. So, that is where I am. Unfortunately the last mri of the shoulder is where I had made them stop after having already did one on my neck and the pain was so great on the shoulder being held stationary. They still had a few more shots they wanted to get. They said they thought they had enough and let me go. I went back yesterday to read the doctors report on the mri and it said shoulder humeral head and glenoid showed erosion with marrow edema and synovitis. Impression of active erosive arthritis consistent with RA. So I have been looking up all of those terms. Hoping to find something to help on my own. So, yes it is ongoing and frustrating. One thing good though is all of the work on the knots and keeping the traps and delts stretched has helped my neck tremendously.

Doreen, I am sure the puppy loved the bike ride. It was probably nice for you even though you were enjoying the step workout. Of course he will probably give you the forlorn look often if he gets to go out with you for your ride ;) Our pups do know what might get them what they want LOL.

Belinda, great job on Epic III leg day. Yes, I do like Chris' workouts a lot. Mostly the step,, low impact cardio and all of the variety of mobility. There are those of hers I do not like and then once in awhile I just want to do something different though.

Like Belinda it was leg day, but I did Perfect 30 Lower Body twice. I really like that one and the time flies. I think I finished in 45 min. My legs are tired. My highest weight is a set of 15's and I have a 20lb kettlebell. I used that for a couple exercises, but I got a sweaty workout. I think tomorrow I will do Perfect 30 Upper Body x2.

Roselyn, hope your mom gets better soon. I am experiencing problems with my mom too. This last UTI really took a lot out of her. Her mind is not the same. She has trouble finding words and jumbles things up. Today, she sounded more like her normal self, but I will see her Thursday and see how she is. Some days are better than others. I'm getting concerned.

Debbie, RAW Hi/Low sounds like a fun KCM. I looked at her site. Love her strength dvds and some of her cardio. I just don't like her kickboxing. Not much of a kickboxer.

Doreen, your puppy sounds sweet. You're a good dog mom. Pups are a lot of work. I remember when mine was a puppy she would lay right where I woked out and I would get frustrated. I miss it. Now it bothers her when I workout and she leaves the room.

Diane, I like reading how many calories you burn. I am tempted to buy some sort of Fit Bit, but not sure what to get. I don't want to spend a lit of money. Do you have an apple watch or fit bit/garmen?

Good workouts everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.