Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2019

Debbie, I just previewed the shoulders and legs and wrote down the moves and weights used. It goes like this
Kelly uses 12 and 15# dumbbells, and a barbell (not sure the weight) and Noelle uses 10 and 12# and a weigh plate for some of it. These are done in 5 sets of 10 reps each move
Shoulders
lateral raise Kelly 12 # dbs and Noelle 10#
press/butterfly 15# dbs Kelly Noelle 12#
she says shoulders are done
next exercises is Low planks right knee hip drops then left knee in hip drop then the next 4 sets are alternated at 12 minutes1 set all right knee in hip drops then 1 set left
at 18 minutes Noelle uses a plate and Kelly barbell ( I think 32 to 35#)
Squats 1st set Kelly does front squat and Noelle uses a weight plate in front squat 1 1/2
rest of sets Kelly uses the barbell on her shoulders because she says her shoulders are not feeling front squats
at 27 minutes weighted bridges (hip thrusts) Kelly uses the weight bench and barbell and NOelle uses step bench and weight plate doing 10 thrusts then 10 pulses 10 times
33 minutes stretch
Total time 36 minutes

I did the times they start just in case I want to do them and skip the shoulders :)

Debbie-its just an old injury that sometimes bothers me it will go away in a couple of days, probably just arthritis

Reactions: WD
Hi everyone,

I am back home again. Couldn't sleep on the plain, I am I am up for the last 24 hours. I will be going to bed soon. I am so tired from the long flight. My finger is still pretty infected. Those 2 weeks flew by fast. I will be back tomorrow and catch up on personals.

This morning I did Kelly's RAW Home Gym Intervals #1 which I love and had a really great workout. Was able to run at a 5 mph speed and didn't feel anything in my hamstring. Was great to run a bit again, love it and miss it so much. Upper back still a bit tight but getting better. Ice seems to be helping a lot.

Each interval was 1 minute:

Squats - 15's
Cardio
Front Curls - 15's
Cardio
Squat/Alternate Pledge - 15's
Cardio
Goblet Squat/Calf Raise - 15#
Cardio
Front Raise - 15#
Cardio
Plie w/Upright Row - 15's
Cardio
Kickstand Deadlifts - 15's
Cardio
Overhead Dumbbell Extension - 15#
Cardio
Deadlifts/Kickbacks - 15's
(I just did deads since kickbacks hurt my upper back when I have these knots)

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 216 calories, HR was 128/172 and did 2218 steps.

I also walked on my treadmill for another 20 minutes, burned an extra 126 calories, went 1 mile and 2446 steps. HR was 116/129.

Diane - Thanks for the breakdown of that workout, looks pretty fun!!

I'll try to be back later for personals.

I started with a 30 mintue Full Body Hiit by Sydney Cummings but after 20 minutes I just wasn't clicking with her workout and so I switched and put in Sculpting Rx. and then walked on the TM for 10 mintues. I left my fitbit on the charger at home this morning. Grrrrr. Hate it when I do that!

This morning I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong and have fun step and stride, 32 minutes, 207 calories, heart rate average 138, max 159, 3,201 steps. I did well so decided to go longer and did Jessica Smith Walk Strong and have fun steady ready go, 32 minutes, 196 calories, heart rate average 136, max 165, 2,995 steps.
Total time 64 minutes, 395 calories, 6,196 steps. I go to Physical Therapy this afternoon. I need to head out and take a cake to my church for the conference they are hosting.

Doreen, we sure are attached to our Fitbits. I thought mine quit the other day and I was so upset. I had to workout without it so just did previous calories and later figured out which buttons to do a reboot. It was not even turning on for me, but the reboot got it back up and running.

Debbie, nice work with Home Gym Intervals today. I hope you can get that upper back tightness loosened up. I have a real hard time with that too.

Saturday i did get a workout in while on my trip, 60 minutes on the Treadmill uphill and i burned 510 calories, it felt awesome to walk again.

Today i did cardio, i got in a really bad argument with my son this morning, first he lied and said there wasn't school, when i called and found out there was school, he got ready so slow he didn't even leave the house till after school had started! He has 3 F's and 2 D's on his progress report so we have to take his car away when he gets home today. I tried so hard to get him to leave for school and he wouldn't, i just couldn't help myself and scream at him. It is the worst feeling in the world when your 18 year old kid will not do what you ask him to do, he tells me to F### Off! I was crying so bad i just couldn't lift today so i ran to get my frustration out. I ran on Interval mode for 41 minutes and burned 427 calories and then rode my spin bike as fast as i could for about 10 minutes and burned a total of 538 calories. Average heart rate was 135 and max was 167. If he has to repeat his senior year i told my husband i am leaving till he leaves the house. I just cant stand it anymore. This has been going on for 3 years! I know he does really poorly in school because he knows how important it is to me and my husband and it is a way of getting back at us. What an idiot, he is only screwing himself. Sorry but i had to vent because i am at the end of my rope.

Debbie, great job on the interval workout today, that is such a great workout. I love mixing cardio with weights it is my favorite type of workout. We should make up our own workout incorporating out cardio machines and do those for awhile. i might do that tomorrow and mix in one exercise for each body part and run in between.

Doreen, i hate when i forget my Fitbit, i do it when i go out for walks all of the time. Good job on getting a workout in!

Belinda, welcome back and good night! Talk to you tomorrow :)

Diane Sue, way to go on the workout today, at least you can get up and get moving! I sure hope you are feeling better today.

BBL to read other posts.

Have a nice day.

Good afternoon,

I feel much better today, I slept 12 hours through. Took the dog for a a 30 min walk. Getting ready to get some groceries. Need to get my eating under control. Vacation is over!

I need to find workouts I can do without using my hand. Every time I lower my finger I get a lot of pressure in my finger.

Jolie - thank you. I am so sorry for what you are going through with your son. So frustrating! I hope he gets his act together soon. Hang in there!

Waving Hi to everyone that follows today.

Jolie, I am so sorry. Confrontations with our teens can be rough. What a struggle!! All you can do is try to encourage him. It is rough when they think what they want is all that matters and won't listen. No common sense at all. Sending prayers your way .

Belinda, I am glad you got some rest and a walk in. I have been using Jessica Smith and the spin bike to keep from overwhelming my arm and shoulder. When she does the fast swimmer arm thing, I follow her mother and mine are much more limited and slower. I can't be that aggressive right now.

Belinda, are you going back to your personal doctor now that you are home about your finger? It should be healed by now, i don't want you to get a Staph infection. I am glad you got some nice sleep today. Do you have Illaria's Bodystrikes workouts? They are all lower body and you could keep your hands in fighting position for the entire workout. Just a thought.

Diane - I can't put pressure on my finger, I am very limit at this point. Can't ride a bike or do anything that involves my hand. I think I can do some lower body with band? I have to look for something I can do without using my right hand. Still can't bent my right index finger, probably not a good idea to do any upper body exercises. I will look into Jessica's workouts tomorrow, I have to take any arm motions out. It will put too much pressure on my finger. I still feel my pulse in my finger that's how swollen my finger is. I am getting a little frustrated at this point. I was hoping to be much further with healing.

Jolie - I will make an appointment for this week with my doctor. I was hoping to feel better too at this point. I think I am resistant to antibiotic, I been taking it since over a week. I had a huge infection in my finger :( The doctor in Hawaii gave my some antibiotic oral and I have some to put on my finger. As long as I have an open wound, I have to keep my finger covered all the time. I wore a surgical clove flying home, got a lot of crazy looks, lol. I didn't care! I made sure nothing gets into that finger. Thanks about the Bodystrikes. I will look into those tomorrow.

Back for personals.

Roxie - It sucks aging, doesn't it? I have different bones and joints that creak and crack every day. I really don't like it!!

Belinda - I hope you go and see your own doctor about your finger. That infection should be better by now. Did you make an appointment? Hope you enjoyed your vacation and glad you were able to get some sleep!

Doreen - Ok, maybe I won't do that workout. LOL!! Great job with Sculpting RX. Love that one.

Diane - Good job with your workout this morning, glad you were able to do something. How do you feel this evening?

Jolie - I'm sorry about what you are going through. But I do want to say one thing. DO NOT EVER leave your own house. Ever. You tell your son to go get a job and get out. If he can't follow your rules, then he needs to move onto the next chapter of his life. Good god, how disrespectful is he? My step son did the same type of thing to us. Got Fs and was a ass his last year of school. I had to fight with him every morning to get him to go to school. We got into a huge fight with him and he ended up moving out and went to stay at his mothers. I know you don't have that option, but if he thinks he knows it all, tell him to get out and have a great life. Believe me, it might take years, but they finally figure out how wrong they were. My step son is a very responsible man now, has a stable job (even though he never graduated) and has a family. He is close with us as well. Just don't let him run you out of your own house. You and your husband worked for that house, screw that. Sorry, I am just so mad when I hear this stuff with these kids. They think we owe them everything. Ummm, no we don't. He is an adult and it's time he started acting like one. I've been biting my tongue for some time about him, and after reading what you wrote I had to let loose. Sorry!! Also, did you see Cathe's newest workout from last week? It looks so fun, cardio & weights, but it looks so high in intensity.

DOZ - Where are you girl?

Have a great night everyone!!

Debbie - I will call tomorrow and make an appointment with my doctor. Like I said I believe I am resistant to antibiotics. I did enjoyed my vacation. I will book my vacation to Hawaii tomorrow. This time I want to stay 3 weeks. I needed that 12 hour sleep after being up for 24 hours. Just couldn't sleep on the flight.

Debbie, I still feel good this evening. My therapist put me through mostly strength stuff. She worked the knots a bit first. She gave me a new move and asked how it felt after I did it for a bit. She said stop if it hurts. It was starting to feel a bit tight as I was trying really hard to isolate the right muscles and keep my shoulders down in place. It was done on the wall and more uncomfortable than it probably sounds. She had me stop and said she would not add more for now. She massaged out the knot afterward and worked my head and neck to stretch it out.
Believe me, I had my 67th birthday in August and all of a sudden I am getting my heart checked, bones checked and spent most of the last 3 months dealing with this shoulder issue. I get so tired. What is up with that? I can see changes in workouts is probably going to have to happen.

Roselyn, nice workout today. Good luck with the packing. That is such a job.

Belinda, I hope you can get to your doctor right away so you can take care of that finger before you work out. It seems getting the blood circulating would probably aggravate in your hand as well. I am terribly sorry.

Today I am still feeling tightness in my shoulder so decided to just get on my treadmill for a bit. I alternated between walking and jogging and it felt great. Plus I have meetings all morning and know I won't get to 10k steps without walking a bit this morning. Had a decent workout.

Workout was 45 minutes, burned 334 calories, went 2.62 miles and did 5884 steps. HR was 131/179.

Have a great workout everyone!!

I'm checking out a cycling app called BitGym. Actually its more than cycling because there are hikes and runs too. This morning I did the New England coast. Its really fun because it uses your camera to record how fast you are moving to play the trail along with. And then the coaching follows what is happening on the road. So when you are standing climbing a hill on your bike the video is also on part of the road that is climbing a hill. That was a half hour. Then I did 15 minutes of todays Sydney Cummings- cardio and abs which was sports themed cardio ( I used a med ball for the basketball section to feel authentic!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.