Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2019

Julie - i am so sorry about your son. How old is your son? I hear you on the drug problem. Its all about money.

Diane- I did all that, the infection got worse . My finger turned blue.i am not on 10day antibiotics I am on five. Not sure what made me think 10? Did you buy Walk strong 3?

Reactions: WD
Belinda, I did not buy Walk Strong 3. I purchased two of the workouts from Walk Strong Burn Fat and Have Fun from Amazon Prime Video so I am streaming them there. The third workout in the set uses a play ball. Those sets are really expensive. I think Walk Strong 3 was something like 78 dollars.

I decided to take a break with weights this week so I'm only going to be walking on my treadmill, doing a Max Trainer workout or 2 and stretching/yoga. My body needs it. Plus I still have that knot in my upper back. I'm blaming using a 30# dumbbell about a month ago doing pullovers, that is what irritated it again and now it won't go away because I keep lifting. So this week, no weights.

Walk was 32 minutes, burned 184 calories, went 1.62 miles and did 3950 steps. HR was only 105/125.

Then I did Karen Voight's Yoga Focus Stretch. Love this one. This was 25 minutes, burned 121 calories and HR was 117/146. Not sure how it was higher than when I was walking. I was on the floor the whole time. Weird.

Have great workouts everyone!! Be back later!

Good morning,

I took a walk on the beach yesterday. After breakfast I will go for another walk. Looks like I will not do weights this week, my finger is still very infected. I may have to go back to the hospital tomorrow. I hope with another dose of antibiotics I will see improvement.

Diane- Jessica’s workouts are expensive. She hasn’t not put any on sale in years.

Jolie - how are you doing?

Debbie - great job on your walk this morning.

Waving hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Debbie, i just noticed that on your page you put #MAGA, I love it!!!!! Great minds think alike :)

Today i did Cathe Live, Upper Body Sculpting from 7-3-14. This is one of her first live workouts and it is awesome. I changed a few exercises since i cant do pushups but other than that i did the workout the way Cathe teaches it, except i did more reps in some sets. The last 5 minutes of my workout i jumped on my spin bike and rode on moderate resistance. MY LEGS ARE KILLING ME! lol... workout was 1 hour 10 minutes and i burned 427 calories
Alternating shoulder press to 2 arm press back to alt. press- 15's x a lot
Rear Flies- 8's x 10, x 10, x 10
Lateral Raise Thumbs up to alt front raise- 8's x 10, x 10, x 10
Upright Rows- 12's x 12, x 12, x 12
Shoulder Circles- 8,s x a lot

1 Arm Rows- 20's x 16, x 16
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 60# x 12, x 12
Pull Overs- 12's x 16, x 16
Chest Flies- 15's x 16, x 16
Chest Press- 20's x 16, x 16

Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 16, x 16
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 16, x 16
Cable Pull downs- 30# x 16, x 16
Kickbacks- 8's x 16, x 16

Seated Traditional Bicep Curls- 15's x 16, x 16
Seated W Curls 10' x 16, x 16
Seated Hammer Curls- 15's x 16, x 16
Seated Hammer Curls with a twist- 12's x 16, x 16
Preacher Curls- 12's x 12, x 12

ABS

I think my FitBit is dying. It is running a little slow and it is not syncing to my phone anymore. Also, it needs to be charged more often and my calorie burns are lower. I looked on Amazon and the cheap heartrate monitors get great reviews the people used to have high end Garmens and they like the $30 monitor just as well and they are way less bulky. I wear mine all of the time so a smaller one would be nice. I am just so sick of spending so much money lately, i swear kids eat the money up, my husband will probably never get to retire unless we move out of CA. Once my youngest son graduates high school this year i am going back to work for sure!

Debbie, good decision to take some time away from lifting, i did so when i went on vacation and it felt great. Nice job on the workout today.

Diane Sue, how are you feeling? I was making breakfast this morning and my hip got a spasm in it again!!! I swear i am getting so sick of this pain. I can only imagine how you feel going through all of this lately.

Belinda, sorry to hear about your infection on your vacation. Get one of those cast covers that are waterproof so you can go swimming. They have them at the pharmacies. You have to swim in Hawaii!

Doz, welcome back.

Roselyn, great job on the STS legs!

Doreen, I hope you have a nice workout today.

BBl to read your posts.

Have a nice day.

Jolie - we sure did. The infection is in my index finger. Not a good place for an infection. I can’t go in the water with an oben wound. Your workout today looks amazing. I bought all those downloaded and can do them.

Just PT exercises Saturday and Sunday. Today I went to see the physical therapist and she added a couple of more moves and stretches changing it up. Oh, my gosh! I hurt so bad now. I could cry. I took some Advil and laid down with my neck roll and dozed and it hurt even worse when I got up. Just too much stretching that shoulder and she had me do some rolls on the wall with a play ball and hold a 1# dumbbell in my hand lying down and keeping my shoulder down I wrote abc's in the air. I think it just really aggravated it. In fairness to her it was not painful there though. I was going to stop at the store after I left and am glad I just came home. I am so tired of all of this. It is like a constant trial to find what works. I have things that I need to do. I am starting to get really depressed. Hopefully things get better. I just don't know what to do to make it better. Sorry, just venting here. Plus, my high tolerance for pain is evident in the 10's unit they use on me with the hot pillow before PT starts. The last time the machine went off because it said the current was too high. Today, he kept turning the knob, and after a bit I looked at him to see if he was really turning it. He asked if I felt it and I said no. He wanted to know what setting it is usually on and I told him I wasn't sure, but what happened the other time. So, he kept turning till I could feel it. I guess I fell back to sleep this morning when my husband got up and after he got ready to work out he came and asked me if I was still sleeping. I do not usually do that. I know he gets up at 5:30 to work out. I am so tired lately. I forgot about my shoulder till I went to pull the covers off and just pulling them made me wince which my husband noticed. I see the doctor about those mris on Thursday. Maybe help will come there on what to do.

Debbie, good idea to take a break. The treadmill and max trainer will be good exercises to do to avoid the area that is having a problem. I keep having a not in my right upper back. She worked on it today. I have been using my therapy balls on it on the wall and lying on them. I have even had to be choosy on yoga and putting body weight on my shoulders or yoga that is a lot of holding poses as holding arms out to the sides for a length of time hurts. But, I am working into a few stretches that are similar to moves done in plank, but hands on a table or barre/ chair instead. Doorway stretches are held 30 seconds. I keep thinking maybe I could do more yoga, but am getting fearful of setting off more pain. I guess we get over confident when we are feeling strong and push too hard.

Jolie, nice workout. I keep looking at the new Fit Bit watches. I am just not so sure about Fit Bit, they are always changing stuff and now setting up for monthly pay for new features. The watches cost a lot. Mine has to be charged at least every other day. Some of the features keep stopping working and I have to keep rebooting everything till I get them back. I had wondered if it is because they are setting up for the new Versa with built in wifi of it's own. I am not sure how that works as my husband had to pay AT&T to have his own phone number and account for his Galaxy watch to do the features. He disabled it after 2 years contract because he wasn't using it. I checked out the new polar bluetooth watches and devices. Some of those are almost twice what the Fit Bit is.
Lol, I had my Betsy Ross Stand for Freedom Nine Line tshirt on the other day and my husband put his new Keep America Great Hat and took a picture. He has the MAGA hat as well.

Belinda, I am so sorry that you still have the infection in your finger. Take care of yourself. Walking is good.

Back for personals...

DOZ - Welcome back!! What workouts are you doing now?

Belinda - OMG on your finger!!! I sure hope it heals soon, do you know what caused it? Did you puncture it somehow? I'm sending you good thoughts in hopes that it heals fast. Poor thing! What a way to damper a great vacation!

Jolie - LOL! I've had the MAGA in my signature line for a long time. I like that workout you did, too, it's a good one. Nice job! Bummer on your Fitbit. I've had my Ionic for about a year and a half and never have issues with it. The battery lasts about 4 to 5 days, it's really a good watch, I love it. If it ever dies, I will get another Ionic for sure.

Diane - Oh I feel so bad for you, my friend. I hate to say this, but the PT seems to be making you worse, not better. I sure hope the MRI's show something so maybe someone can do something to alleviate your pain. I can only imagine how hard this has been for you. I had something similar happen to me a few years back, my shoulder/neck hurt like that for a long time. I even had my arm in a sling for a while because the pressure of holding my arm up killed me. I'm not sure you all remember that, but I was on here posting during that time. I wasn't really working out much, I don't think. That sucked. The knot I feel now was how it started, that's why I'm not lifting this week, I do not want that pain again. I can't wait to hear what the MRI shows. Fingers crossed.

Have a good evening everyone!!

Today I walked about 1.25 miles on my treadmill and then did Kelly's RAW Stretch. I like that one, it grew on me. The first time I did it I didn't care for it, now I love it. My low back is irritated for some reason, though. Need to be careful with it. Shoulder/neck are is better but not gone.

I won't log calories burn, etc., it's about the same as yesterday.

Have great workouts everyone!

Today i woke up feeling pretty rested so i took my dog for a 2 mile walk, slowly i might add :) he is getting old so he likes to smell the bushes and lift his leg to pee on everything! Then i went for it and did Yvette Bachman's Step/Heavy Weights and Core Circuits and had a great workout. This is one of her easier workouts and it damn near killed me :) 45 seconds of cardio on the step or floor, all low impact, either Chest or Triceps exercises for 8 to 12 reps going heavy and then 30 seconds of core. At the very end she does about 10 minutes of all out cardio and it is killer. I had to modify a lot of these cardio exercises but no big deal, i did what i like to do. Workout was one hour and i burned 546 calories. Average heart rate was 127 and max was 188.

On a personal note, i have been in menopause for over a year now and i just started spotting the other day. I have to make an obgyn appointment to see what is up. I have read that when your estrogen gets low this can happen. Since i have been taking the estrogen lowering supplements maybe this is the cause. I stopped taking them and i will see what happens. Has anyone experienced this during menopause? Sorry if this is TMI.

Debbie, great job on the cardio and stretch today. I need to stretch, my hip flexors are really tight from kickboxing. I would love to get a new Fitbit Ionic but i have to either spend money to get my treadmill fixed or buy a used one, my i phone has to be replaced and i have so many other things to buy as well. So, i will opt for a cheapy till Christmas and maybe Santa will bring me the ionic!

Diane Sue, In my opinion, and this is no cut to you at all, i would stop everything and completely rest your body until the pain goes away. All of the PT seems to be aggravating it and it sounds like spasms. Did you try the high doses of Magnesium? I like ZMA's from Now. I know you listen to your body and always do what is right but when i hurt my low back and hip only complete rest besides walking fixed it along with the Chiro because i had a pinched nerve. Maybe you have a pinched nerve?! I hope you feel better soon, this must really be taking a toll on you.

Belinda, when are you coming home from vacation? What island are you on? I always go to Maui. I hope your finger is healing so when you get home you can hit the weights!

Doreen, i hope you have a nice workout today.

BBL to read other Posts.

Jolie - I am still having hot flashes and it seems to be getting really bad again. And other than having what feels like menstral cramps, I haven't been spotting. I just wish these damn hot flashes would stop. I can be freezing cold one minute and sweating through my clothes the next. 2 years I've been in menopause and yet I still have not flashes. They went away for a couple months and then came back with a vengeance. Really sick of it. I'll be interested in hear what your obgyn says about your issue.

Diane - I agree with Jolie. :confused:

Debbie- I think a had a small cut on my index finger. I was swelling up, even with antibiotics cream. I had to go in today again, i don’t see any improvement. They had drain and cut again today. I had 2 more Inzision. At this pint they should cut my finger off . They also changed me to a different antibiotics

Jolie- I am in Honolulu Waikiki beach. Thank you. I hope I can hit the weights soon too. We will fly back on Saturday, arriving on Sunday.

Today I did upperbody sculpting

Belinda I hope your finger heals

Jolie, I went into menopause and never had a hot flash but I did have a light period after a year of nothing!! But just like a day or two and never again ( been about a year since that)

This morning I felt better. Still my shoulder is painful if used for pulling or pushing moves and my neck tends to get stiff and start hurting so I have to keep mobile. Sitting for any length of time and lying down can set it off worse. I have thought about rest, but I am not sure what the answer is. I rested at the beginning of this and it did not work. Today I did Raw Ripped and Ride September on the spin bike which is spin with lower body body weight and a few weighted segments. Of course I did not pick up the 15# dbs that Kelly picked up. No way. But, I wanted some cardio and I hate sitting on a piece of equipment too long. I ride with my right arm down to my side a lot of it. This one did not bother me when I did it the other two times. I also did 38 minutes of PT, but pretty much just the lying on the foam roller lengthwise and stretching moves that I knew would not hurt. Ripped and Ride was 53 minutes, 223 calories, 2,287 steps.
I have PT tomorrow again and Dr Thursday early. My husband says to tell her no when she wants me to do something that hurts. I did tell her that the move with the dumbbell hurt. Also a stretch for the back of my shoulder where I sort of roll over onto the shoulder. There were several new things, even stretches that I think aggravated. I personally would have been gentler and more conscious of pain when choosing stretches for the area. I told my husband the PT is supposed to be trained and know what they are doing when he asked why I let her do that stuff. My neck roll is helping at night along with my small My Pillow roll and go pillow. Funny, I watched the motivational doc on You Tube today and he used a roll of paper towels for a neck roll, taking off what was needed to make it the proper height for the neck. He said to lie on it around 15 minutes a day to help get the proper curve in the neck. He is a chiro I think.
I just looked up what foraminal stenosis is since that was on the mri paper work along with narrowing which I guess can cause nerve impingement.

Debbie, I remember when you had the neck pain and was dealing with it. I really do like the Raw stretch. I don't go all of the way into the plow like I used to as I have read how bad that is for the neck. I started putting a rolled up towel under my neck. My arm starts throbbing when I hold them up to type, play the piano, or just to hold a book up or phone. I keep making adjustments. The therapist said to put something under my arms. But I think there is some tightness that develop around those tendons and starts pressing on that nerve that runs up the arm to the neck when I use my hands and arms to do something that long. Menopause seems to hang on for a long time. At least it did for me. I would think maybe it was over and then I would start the sweats again. Maybe I was the odd one, but it lasted almost 10 years. But then I had a partial hysterectomy which I think threw thing off so it started early.

Jolie, nice workout. I don't remember spotting during menopause, but like I mentioned above, I had a partial hysterectomy when I was young so I did not have periods after that. Menopause just came on with the hot flashes and mood swings big time. I am taking large doses of magnesium. Plus there is a magnesium in my collagen Rest and Recovery formula I take at night. I does not make sense that I was feeling good after they were done with me the previous visit at PT up till the lifting heavy things incident. I felt slightly better when I went in yesterday, but it sure did not go well there. I am hoping the doctor can shed some light on this. I do think it is inflammation that is set off and presses that nerve. I know how you feel about the Fit Bit. I wanted to get a Versa, not the newest version and had started saving my rebate money and birthday money, but things came up and I used if for something else.

Belinda, I hope that finger heals this time.

Last edited:
Today I just got on my treadmill again. Was going to do a Max Trainer workout but I'm feeling good in my upper back and didn't want to chance the fast movement of my arms on that thing. I might do something on it tomorrow, Friday for sure.

Walk was 51 minutes, burned 328 calories, went 2.57 miles, did 6241 steps. HR was117/141. Did a 4% incline most of the walk so got my HR up pretty good. Still have tightness in my right hamstring.

I will be back later to catch up on posts. Have a great day!

Rest day for me today, i am sore and tired so this will be day 2 for the week. I do plan on working out the rest of the week so i am ok with taking today off even though it wasn't scheduled.

Debbie, nice job on the cardio today, whatever feels good now days is what i do for my workout too! I hate having any type of program to stick to anymore, i like to just go with the flow. If i feel great i do a harder workout and if i don't, i do a lesser of a workout, and if i feel like taking the day off, i take the day off! I have so much daily stress, so i don't like to add on workout stress to it :) Remember how we used to be so disciplined with our workouts?

Diane Sue, i hope your pain is under control today. Great job on getting a ride workout in yesterday, way to go! That is so funny but practical about the paper towel roll trick!

Roselyn, great job with the upper body sculpting workout yesterday.

Belinda, i hope you are enjoying your trip.

BBL to read posts.

Have a nice day.

No workout today. Just physical therapy. She did not do the weight move today. She spent more time on my arm and shoulder since that is where the pain seems to be right now. Some of those stretches can hurt!! Anyway it felt better for awhile. I was up a lot last night icing the area and getting out the kinks then going back to bed. She gave me a stretch that is similar to the nerve glide they have been having me do. She told me to do it throughout the day and before I go to bed. She said to loosen up that nerve. Anyway it started hurting some after I had sat for awhile so I iced and did the stretch and it let up a bit.

Debbie, nice work with the treadmill. I hadn't thought about the Max Trainer and arm movement. The Tread Climber does not have that, but I find if I do a faster pace on it I have to hang on to the bar in front and that does put some pressure on the arm since I am working at climbing and an incline. I try to switch off hands holding on part of the time.

Jolie, good that you are listening to your body and taking a rest day. I always have my goal at 5 days a week for working out, but generally do 6. So it does not bother me so much if I take two days off. Although I have had a lot more days off lately other than physical therapy. I was going to do cardio this morning before I went to PT but just was not feeling it. I had a rough night last night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.