Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2019

Oh boy- its supposed to get cold and snow here tonight!! Not looking forward to that!

This morning I did Fit Tower Total body. I like this one but forget how fast she moves between exercises and had to pause and rewind to get stuff set up. But its a good workout and I like it.

I'm with everyone. I haven't followed a program in a long time because something always happens and I can't keep to it and I don't want to be frustrated by one more thing in my life. I loosely try to get 3 total body weights in a week and then cardio in between those. I don't like to do split body parts anymore unless its a leg/glute split. Spending an entire hour on just upper body is a waste of time IMO these days.

No workout today. I should do some PT exercises though. I am tempted to take the entire day off. Sleep was not so good and I did some stretches this morning that helped a bit. I had a long wait at the doctor's office. He gave me a steroid injection in my shoulder. If this doesn't help, in a month I am to call and he wants to set up an epidural in the neck where the inflammation is. There is a lot of narrowing in the space in the spine and in one area there is hardly any fluid getting through. I am really not wanting to do that. He said the other option would be surgery and I said "no!" I will keep up with the next 4 visits to PT and then do the exercises at home on my own. Hopefully inflammation goes down and that will help so I do not need to do the epidural. Since the area in the spine is the main problem, that is causing a lot of the shoulder and arm pain along with the degrading from arthritis in the shoulder. I am not sure this was all helpful, but I am determined to fight it. I have been trying to concentrate on diet and things to help inflammation. So, I guess that is it. I think I need a nap :) He told me it was okay to go get my flu shot. I decided I will wait till tomorrow or something.

Doreen, it is cooler here today. Tomorrow will be much cooler, but at least no snow where I am at. I think they did mention some frost coming in.

Today I just did a walk on my treadmill again. I have a long day ahead of me for work and I'm already at 10k steps. I won't get home until 9 or later tonight. I also did Yoga Stretch.

Diane - So is that what the MRI tests showed? I know you had your results today but not sure if you went already. An epidural, wow. That sounds excessive. I don't think I'd want to do that either. So sorry it doesn't seem to be getting much better. :(

Doreen - Nice job with your workout and I agree, I like doing either two days of weights and three cardio or vice versa. Depends on how I feel that week.

Jolie - Hope you enjoyed your rest day! I think we are all still very disciplined with our workouts, we just aren't fixated on rotations anymore. I really like planning what I'm doing the night before, I have a great workout most of the time doing that.

Hello to Belinda, Roxie and DOZ - where are you DOZ? You said you were coming back.

Reactions: WD
Good morning my friends! Today i did Cathe Live PHA workout #57 and had an excellent workout except for the fact that my joints are very sore lately. I think because i drank some wine and that usually can do a number on my inflammation. Workout was one hour and i burned 487 calories. I burned about 100 more calories the last time i did the workout, but i am so sore from doing the Yvette workout the other day i went way lighter on my weights this time. It is a high rep total body workout so i opted to go lighter this time. Average heart rate was 115 and max was 159.

I am going to try to do what Doreen is doing with her workouts, a total body workout 3 days per week and cardio the opposite days. I have to drop some weight so i think less weights and more cardio might just do the trick. I have to get my eating under control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow my husband is taking me to Indian Wells Country Club out in the Palm Springs area, he won a work trip. We are staying at an unbelievable resort till Sunday and i get spa treatments on Saturday. I checked out their gym and i cant wait to use it. Also, there is really great hiking in the hills so i might do that too. My parents live in this area so i will meet them for lunch by the pool of the hotel. I am looking forward to another short get away before the holidays are in full swing.

Debbie, great job on getting those steps in so early today!!!!!!!

Doreen, Snow already! I went to Reno NV the other week for my sons football game and it was 75 degrees in the morning and by 3pm it was completely snowing and then freezing rain. I had to sit 4 hours in it at night, i thought i would die.

Diane Sue, I hear those epidurals work pretty well, anything is better than surgery. I hope you have a nice nap today :) i really feel for you right now, i am in a lot of pain myself but it seems to come and go. I hate that we are suffering somehow lately.

BBL to read other posts. I have to get ready for my trip.

Hey guys :)

Well I finally got my fat butt up and got my first workout in, been a long time. I’m working now been training for management at Dialo’s Steak and Grill for a few weeks, as of Monday full time.

The rest of this week I’m going to train myself to get up early; need to start around 5:30.

Workout this morning full body, STS

Hey everyone :)

I noticed I didn’t hit post reply, for yesterday’s workout.

This morning, I did Cardio Coach press play, that’s all I had time to do. I just have to re-train myself for EARLY and I mean early lol workouts. Good to be back.

Debbie- hey you:) yep I’m back. See you still going strong, nice.

I am getting ready to go upstairs and do PT and maybe a bit of cardio and other stretching. I need to move! I did do a few PT stretches yesterday throughout the day. Mostly rested though. It is cold today. I can't believe yesterday I was sweating with a fan on and today I am sitting here in a light jacket. I did some reading yesterday about the epidural etc.. Also helping the synovial fluid. I seriously do not think I could drink any more fluid and water than I do now. Movement is important, but I already knew that. Diet of lots of vegetables and watching caffeine intake. My caffeine comes from Four Sigmatic lions mane coffee at 50 mg, lions mane, astralgus, ginger matcha tea iced, and sometimes a bottle of kombucha tea. All items that are lower in caffeine than your average cup of coffee. I hate to eliminate those. No sugar which is not hard for me. I just ordered more Meriva Curcumin since I have ran out as of yesterday and that does help with inflammation and has helped me keep down taking Advil during the day. I got Dr's Best Meriva this time as it has a higher mg and better form of curcumin.

Debbie, yes, that is what the mri said. He showed me all of the different views and explained them and what was happening. I went to see the doctor early yesterday at 8:30. Those epidurals are worrisome. It depends on if the problem is chronic or not how well the epidural will work. It might work 3 to 6 months and if it is chronic it may have to be repeated. The worry, besides the procedure is them damaging something else. Too many injections can cause more bone problems. I am not a fan of the idea. I have had some tell me they helped them. But, nope, I am not wanting that. Nice that you got in your step early yesterday..

Jolie, I hope you have an excellent time with your husband. It sounds like a nice retreat :)

Doz, nice job getting up early and getting in the workouts before work. Good to see you back at it.

No workout this morning. My son was up until 4 am working on writing a paper and I could not sleep! He was being quiet but still I kept hearing him and worried about him with no sleep!

I ended up with 18,791 steps yesterday when all was said and done. No workout today as I didn't get home until 9:30 last night, didn't get to bed until 10:30 and I was dead this morning. I don't even have 5k steps yet. Oh well, I am so tired. I'm hoping to get my workouts started again on Monday. This knot in my upper shoulder/neck area is still there and it was really hurting yesterday with all the stuff I had to do. It's better today but I can't figure out why it won't go away. I've been using my therapy ball and foam rolling and although it helps it's not going away. I hope this doesn't last too much longer. So frustrating.

Jolie - Nice job with your workout yesterday!! And awesome on your little get away this weekend. Have fun!! Are you doing Weight Watchers again? That will help you slim down if you need to get your eating under control. Love that program.

DOZ - Welcome back. I workout in the very early morning, I usually am out of bed by 4:30 and I start my workout at 5:30 and workout until 6:30. That gives me just enough time to get ready for work, whip up my protein shake and leave the house. I've been doing it for so long it's no big deal anymore. I'm usually in bed by 9:30 and that helps a lot. Nice job with your workouts!!

Roselyn - Nice job with the workouts. We are supposed to get cold weather here, too. It's been so beautiful, I'm not looking forward to winter at all.

Diane - I just can't believe all the PT you have gone through isn't making that go away. So crazy how that even got started. I hope you don't have to go the epidermal route. That just doesn't sound good. :(

Doreen - KIDS!! Hope he got his work done but sorry you couldn't workout. I'm sure you'll make up for it!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

No workout this morning, packing and errands before we leave in a few hours. I am taking my workout cloths because the gym looks awesome at the resort and i want to walk around the golf coarse early in the morning as well.

Debbie, i am taking a rest day too! Oh well, that is the way that the cookie crumbles! :) And besides, my FAT isn't going to disappear if i did workout today :( I am still doing WW but obviously i wont this weekend. I have to get really serious starting Monday, but i have been stress eating...

Diane Sue, i hope you are pain free today!!!!!!

Doreen, i don't blame you, i would be exhausted!

DOZ, way to go on the workout, how has your diet been? Mine has been horrible. :(

Have a wonderful weekend.

I finally got upstairs and did Jessica Smith Stride and Step walking strong, 33 minutes, 198 calories, 3,368 steps, heart rate 134 average, 153 max. I then did PT exercises and some foam rolling for upper and lower. This was 40 minutes. I am feeling somewhat better today. I keep reading up on information. It seems PT has done pretty much everything suggested there. No high impact and weights on shoulders or overhead as it compresses the spine and with spinal stenosis it can really make things worse. Some suggestions were weight machines where you do upper work seated. Also squats and things with weights is not such a good idea for lower back issues. Suggestions are yoga, elliptical, cycling, and swimming. Swimming does not build much strength though. Also, stretching and some yoga moves as well as pt can help open up the spine some.

Doreen, my children used to do that and it really is hard to sleep when you are worried about them. My granddaughter would come here during tests and things and stay so she was close to the school. She would be up till 2 or 3 in the morning studying and finishing papers. I don't know how they stay awake at school.

Debbie, I wouldn't have been able to workout either. Maybe your knot will get better with the rest, although if you were doing desk work, I am sure that probably aggravates more than anything else. I guess as we get older our bodies are saying to take it easy. Much as that is hard to swallow, I am seeing I need to change some things. I love my workouts though. I need to find some other ways to do them. That was a lot of steps yesterday.

So last night I did 40 minutes of a gymbox step routine - really fun moves!

Then this morning I did a 30 minute full body Hiit from Sydney Cummings and then checked out another new to me instructor Heather Robinson: I did about the first 20 minutes before I ran out of time. I was hesitant because she doesn't talk during the workout but I really like they way she does it. She just plays a clip of the next move during the rest time so you can see what you are doing. Then the timer beeps and you go. So its just music playing while you follow along with her.

My husband's comments was "well- he's getting ready for college" I just don't understand - I guess I'm the weird one... all through college I just got up at 6 and then quit studying by 10 to head to bed. But then I didn't do much for social stuff - I just worked and studied.

This morning I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong and Have Fun workout 1 that is low impact floor cardio intervals, I can get away doing this one, but do different moves when they do the jack arms. I can pretty much tell when something is going to be a no when I do it. This was 31 minutes, 198 calories, heart rate average 1132, max 162, 3038 steps. I then did Jane Adams 7 yoga practices day #6 core and flexibility, 34 minutes, 77 calories. I wasn't sure about the plank move on this and the one arm reach so I adjusted so I did not feel it in the shoulder. The plank starts out on the elbows which was not a problem. I also did 25 minutes of PT exercises, 52 calories, which did not include the neck and shoulder stretches I did this morning when I got up. Total time was 90 minutes, 327 calories.

Doreen, that is what my daughter told her daughter that is in college right now. She is studying to be a nurse. Her hopes of being a doctor changed. My daughter told her you cannot have a social life in college and expect to have top grades. My daughter studied hard while at home her first year and married her high school sweet heart who joined the marines when he was on leave. She was determined to be a doctor and went to school while he was stationed in NC, she even went to take her final while she was in labor. When he got out she continued school back here in OK and he got a job on the police department. She is now a PA in dermatology.

I just saw Kelly has her 5 day strength workouts up on her raw channel, but I cannot find workout #1. I may try the stretch one tomorrow.

Good Afternoon,

I am up to workout #64 on Morning Meltdown but I must have caught a stomach bug so haven’t worked out yet today and my right shoulder is killing me. It got really cold here practically over night.

Doreen - I may try that Heather Robinson workout next week, it looks good. I like how she does that, too.

Diane - Kelly used to Tweet out her new workouts, now she doesn't for some reason. I never know what is new unless I hear it from you. Her RAW channel does not show her newer workouts first anymore. Very frustrating. I'll have to check those out. Thanks for mentioning them. Good job with your walk and yoga workouts. Glad you are feeling a bit better. :)

Roxie - Sorry you aren't feeling well, not good. What did you do to your shoulder? It's cold here now, too. Boo.

Debbie, I saw the new ones on the strength workouts at the end of the list. The administrator of the facebook page that Kelly is part of says there was a problem with the workouts loading so the first one will probably be up and running soon. I was hoping for a just lower workout on the 5 day strength, but it is lower and shoulders. I asked about the first workout on facebook. Also I had not seen anyone check in that had used it yet. I think she is working on getting her app set. She did give some instruction on finding the workouts you want. I will have to go see if I can find it. She says even when the app is set, those who want to use the Raw channel like they are now can. Questions were asked about still being able to use the Roku and watch how they are.

Roxie, sorry about your shoulder and you not feeling well. Hope it all goes away quickly.

Here is Kelly's post:
Kelly Coffey Meyer
Admin · October 7 at 3:46 PM
I will be posting the new 5 Day Strength Rotation in a couple of days. This way you can check it out and be ready to do it when its scheduled on Judy's October workout schedule.
As for your October's R&R, it is being filmed tomorrow. I'll let you know when that will hit the RAW channel.
And don't forget: if you are looking for a specific workout on Raw all you need to do is type it in the SEARCH bar and it will come right up. I am also getting a list put up that has all of the workouts and their categories in alphabetical order just in case that is a better way for you to maneuver your way through the workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.