Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2022!!

Good morning,

I am still keeping up with my workouts. Today is a rest day. I will go for a nice walk soon.
I had an amazing day yesterday. Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I got a iPad Pro 12.9 inches plus a magic keyboard. So far, I am loving it.

I will try to catch up on personals later.

Reactions: WD
Good Morning,

I have been really focusing on my workouts really excited about 2 new workouts BeachBody is coming out with LiiFT More with Joel and Fire & Flow with Jericho and Elise. Yesterday I DH and I went and walked the mall for 2 miles than I did BeachBody 630 Mobility and Stability today I did Country Heat Country Swing then later I will do 630 Upper Body I am in WK1 of these workouts. I still haven’t found a job but still getting unemployment. It’s only been in the 50’s and 60’s plus rainy this week some of the tornadoes we had in Kansas got pretty close to us. Next week it’s going to be in the 80’s 90’s and almost 100. So ready for warmer weather.

Debbie & Diane-Kelly’s website keeps getting hacked this week a lot of people are having trouble.

Last edited:
Today I did P90X Shoulders and Arms and had an excellent workout. I lifted the same weights that I did two weeks ago so I will not post the entire workout. There were 5 rounds that consisted of Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. Each round is done 2 times and then on to the next round. Each set was X 16 reps so I can keep my weights lighter to avoid injury. At the end I added in AB and Core exercises since this is part of my low back problem. I will be diligent with this because there is no way I can ever go through that sort of nerve pain again. Workout was 1 hour since I skipped through all of the rest periods, and I burned 351 calories.

Diane Sue, if you are getting spasms, up your K2, vitamin D and Calcium with minerals. This has been my issue as well and it is a killer. Sorry that you are going through this with your knee. When we get spasms it is our body trying to protect our joint or back and so on. It hurts like hell but in reality they say it is good because it gets us to stop to avoid further injury. I am sure there is nothing wrong with your Mammogram. A lot of the times they take the image at the wrong angle or just incorrectly and they need a better look at it. Also, I have dense breast tissue too, it is because of all the heavy lifting. I was told it does not increase your percentage of something bad if it is because of working out. Prayers for you, keep me posted.

Cam, nice job on the walk in the great weather yesterday. Thanks for the info on the fusion workouts, I am going to check them out.

Doreen, I hope you got a better night's sleep last night! Wow, you even got in a cardio workout not having slept well, good for you. I am never going to drop the weight I have to loose if I don't stop drinking wine!

Roselyn, you are not a granny you will be a Glammy! (Glamorous Grammy)

Belinda, I hope you are enjoying your trip.

Debbie, I bet you are so busy with the projects you have going on at school, I hope you had a nice workout.

Make it a great day! Bright and sunny and warm here today. The ocean looks amazing, all turquoise like Hawaii!

This morning I did KCM Box Fit and had a great workout. Love this one!!! I did Workout 1 which was the boxing workout. I also did my PT exercises. Knee still hurts. :(

Workout was 34 minutes, burned 302 calories, did 4366 steps and HR was 137/168.

I have a spelling bee this evening so I'm working from 8 a.m. to around 9 p.m. tonight. I will be dead by the time I get home. I will probably sleep in a bit tomorrow and not do a workout. I still have to go to work tomorrow so I know I won't be able to get up at 4:30. Hope the bee doesn't last too long, we have 43 kids doing it. Yikes!!!

Jolie - Scary about those coyotes. We have them too and hear them sometimes. Hope you got some sleep last night.

Doreen - Sorry you aren't getting any sleep, that isn't good. Great job keeping up with your workouts despite no sleep!!

Cam & Roselyn - Nice job on your workouts!

Belinda - Glad you had a great birthday and you are having fun!

Roxie - Kelly is aware of her website issues. I hope they get them fixed soon. Nice job on your workouts, that is awesome! I loved the first Lift4 workouts, they were good.

Diane - OMG about your knee!! How on earth does that even happen?? I'm glad it's ok now, how scary! I also love step workouts and miss doing them a great deal. I hope my knee gets better soon, really sick of it. Feels sort of like it's not really getting better at all. I'll see my PT next week, hopefully she can do something else with it.

Gotta go, I am so busy again today. Makes the days fly by! Have a great day everyone!!!

This morning I did a Full Body challege on Penny Barnshaw's app. I do like how the app is laid out and I like the moves she programmed. The last part of the workout was supposed to be 10 minutes of cardio so I took the dog out and we walk/jogged around the block for about 10 minutes.

Its been cold here for the past week but I am thinking next week I need to start moving workout to outside.

Today I did CDorner Lowr Body Unilateral moves, 46 minutes, 46 minutes, heart rate 97/126, 123 calories. This started with bear position, then on knuckles, then drops to forearms and final is on the back. I did 3 reps on each side in bear, but my shoulders are not strong enough for that yet. I then started CDorner mobility and did 14 minutes. The cable company sent someone out to see about filling the hole left in my back yard. I went out to talk to him when I saw him in back. When I came back in Chris was doing those bent knee sitting side to side move and worried about my knee getting caught, and also, I had to avoid the plank to get into the lunge stretch. I stopped there. I have done that mobility workout before. This was 14 minutes, 35 calories, heart rate 90/105. Total time was 60 minutes, 158 calories, 1,136 steps. The cable worker said it was not them, it was OG&E and they say it is not them it is Cox Cable:mad: I have had that hole in my yard for almost a year. I explained all of it to this guy and me trying to get it fixed. He said if I want he can come next week with dirt and fill it up, but with all of the water that is causing the hole to get bigger from rains and bad drainage it will come back. I told him I would like him to fill it up. Now getting our builder to fix their drainage issue which they did do something, but it is not working. We need it done before they build the houses direct behind us. I am frustrated with it.

Belinda, enjoy the rest day. You got some nice goodies for your birthday. I am glad it was so much fun.

Roxie, nice work outs, you have been busy. Sorry you have not found a job yet, at least there is the unemployment. I think all of these storms are done for a few days here and yes, going to get hot.

Jolie, good job on P90X shoulders and arms and going some abs as well. I am taking D3 mk7 and also Life Extension bone restore that has K2 along with manganese and magnesium. I still take extra magnesium, zinc, copper, selenium. I am not real pleased with magnesium oxide that is in the Bone Restore so I also take magnesium glycinate. I really do not get the knee thing. I went through 3 years of dealing with something that would pop up and hurt under my rib cage, usually lying on my back and getting up either working out or in the bathtub or whirlpool. Twice I mentioned it to my doctor and she felt around and said there was nothing in that area that could be doing that. Anyway I think I just learned not to get up and down from that angle. The first time it hurt bad and I really thought I was stuck that way. It finally tapered off and quit happening. It was weird. I went back to look at my list and I realized I have not repurchased Glutathione with milk thistle that I was using for quite some time. I need to repurchase that. It is a Now product and I think there is something else in it as well. Maybe ALA but I am taking that. I purchased it for my husband in 600 mg and he took it for a couple of weeks and didn't want it anymore so when I ran out of the Glutathione which did not have that much ALA in it I started the capsules he had. Always trying to keep up with the things that work. Thanks for the encouragement.

Debbie, I am sorry it does not feel like PT is working. That is the way I felt when I did the 8 weeks of neck and shoulder PT a couple of years ago. Obviously I am still dealing with neck and shoulders. Your therapist seems like a good one. Sometimes those things take time. My PT was pleased that my shoulder now has full range and he can move it easily as far as it is supposed to go. He said mentioned that he bet I am glad as it was hard for me and he said it was hard for him getting it there. I wondered if some people's joints move easier after surgery or maybe they did not have as much done. I would see him doing the same thing on another person and they were chatting away like it was nothing and I was trying to keep the tears in and not cry out for him to stop. I wanted it to go right. I am happy with it. 3 more visits and I am on my own. I don't get the thing with that knee. It is like something moved out of place. I e-mailed Kelly with the e-mail you gave me to let her know what happened to me and that the payment has not come out of my account.

Doreen, nice work with Penny Bradshaw and getting the dog out for a walk. It has been cool here too. I think we are supposed to start warming up next week.

I am in trouble as I made a bacon and swiss quiche to check the recipe before I make for ladies brunch and game day. I ate too much and shoved the rest in the freezer. I think I need to cart it to the freezer. I don't think my husband will eat any of it.

Today I did Cathe's Afterburn. I did some modifying as the disks get a bit too much, but didn't have trouble subbing. It's my 2nd time doing this and I kinda forgot about all the disk work. Not a fan favorite but will take it out occasionally.

Doreen, how long was Penny's workout?

Good workouts everyone! It's been a long week. I am ready for the weekend.

Cam- It took me about 30 minutes - but since its on an app I can move at my own pace and take as little or as much rest as I need. The app just has a video demo that loops so you can see the form on a continuous loop. Then when time or reps are done you click the set off and when you have all the sets clicked off it marks the workout as done.

This morning I did a 30 minute power threshold test with a new Ifit trainer in Sun Valley Idaho ( I don't remember her name but I did like her and will look for more of her workouts)

I am really short on time today, I did a 2.3mile walk on the TM uphill, time was 40 minutes and I burned 381 calories. BBL to read the posts for the day.

Good Afternoon,

DH and I walked the mall again today 3.09 miles then 630 Total Body Tempo. First day in a week we have seen the sun

Today I did CDorner Hi or Low Cardio, 41 minutes, heart rate 132/163, 226 calories, 3,752 steps. Then I did a CDorner Abs with stability ball skipping the planks on the ball, and also did PT work for shoulders using the strength setting, 87 minutes Total, 339 calories, 4,516 steps.

Today it is beautiful outside, 70 degrees and sunny. I decided to go for a walk outside through the hills, 1 hour 47 minutes, traveled 5.1 miles and burned 825 calories. I went up some steep hills, I bet my calves will be feeling it tomorrow :)

Great job with the workouts yesterday everyone! Enjoy your weekend. I think I am going to play some golf in Laguna Beach today, the course overlooks the ocean, and it will be so pretty and cool, great for playing some golf.

My hubby went to opening day fishing with his buddy so last night I took the doggie for a walk. This morning I did Ifit Legs and core with Casey Gilbert and wow- he did some new moves with bands that I really felt. I used Cathe's new big fabric loop because he has a bench with anchor points to attach bands and I have to do some modifications. Then I took the dog for a little bike ride. I'd like to get out for a real bike ride - its so nice here. But I am stuck inside working today for the next deadline coming up.

This morning I did KCM Strength and Stamina Combined No Swings Premix. I haven't done a KCM dvd in ages. This is one of my favorites of hers. The weather is finally getting nice here. 70 today and supposed to hit the 80's this week. We always go from 40 to 80. Never really a Spring. I love it. No bugs yet.

Hope Everyone has a nice Mother's Day!

Good evening,

Today is a rest day. my daughter and daughter in law took me shopping today. We also got friends ship bracelets in gold today. My daughter in law has one and I really like it. It’s permanently on your wrist. It’s a new thing tat originally came from NY. They are nor cheap bracelet’s.

Yesterday we went to New Mexico, Old Masia. We had an amazing day. We found a very nice outdoor restaurant with very yummy food.

Great job on your workouts everyone.

Today I did 2 rounds of Burpee Girl 5000 steps 450 calorie workout. No way was I going to get near that and doing the little jogging move every other time made my knees and toes hurt. This was 18:41 minutes, heart rate 118/137, 996 steps. I then did Boss Bands Total Body skipping planks and overhead triceps, 56 minutes, heart rate 97/126, 143 calories, 709 steps. I am not sure I got the steps right. I kept stopped and tried to re-sync my watch and it kept spinning. Sometimes when I click on the watch itself and sync it my stats go up. This is rare and it could be because I was trying to work around my dog and be careful not to hurt myself. I have never went through all of the upper on this yet. Total time was 70 minutes, 235 calories.

Happy Mother’s Day everyone,

We all went for over an hour walk with all the dogs. Than I did Carline’s Shoulder workout today. Really liked the exercises in that one.

I had an amazing Mother’s Day spending time with both my kids. My DIL parents invited us again to have dinner with them. Had a great time. The weather is beautiful here. I got a little sunburn.

Good night everyon.

Today I did Build & Burn Upper Body Supersets. Had a good workout, I like this one. It goes fast.

SS #1
Reverse Grip Shoulder Press: 12's/12's/10's
Lateral Raise & Extend: 5's
3 sets/8 reps no rest

SS #2
Pulse Curls: 10's
Pledges: 10's
3 sets/8 reps no rest

SS #3
Seated Overhead Triceps Ext: 15#
Tate Press: 10's - (did two sets of Tate Press and one of lying extensions)
3 sets/8 reps

SS #4
Reverse Grip Bench Press: 15's (I did normal bench press, couldn't feel these in my chest)
Connected Dumbbell Press: 15's
3 sets/8 reps

SS #5
Seated Rows: 15's (I did these standing)
Standing Cross Row: 15#
3 sets/8 reps

BURNOUT WITH LIGHT DUMBBELLS
Alternate Upright Rows: 5's - 30 seconds
Double Arm Kickbacks: 5's - 30 seconds
Alternate Hammer Curl Runs - 10's - 30 seconds
Run Rows but only 1 weight: 10# - 30 seconds

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 247 calories, HR was 128/150 and did 538 steps.

Knee seems to be a bit better, I have a PT appointment at 7 a.m. tomorrow. Good grief, what was I thinking? That means I have to leave my house by 6:30 so no way to do a workout. I guess I'll keep it, though. I'd like to talk to her about what has been going on. Saturday I felt great, was able to go up and down the stairs with little problems. Went to my mom's to go to church and as I got out of my car in the church parking lot, a really sharp pain went though my knee. This is the 2nd time that has happened and I don't know why. I didn't do anything weird so there was no reason for it to happen. I want to ask her what that could be.

Great job with your workouts this weekend! I'll do personals tomorrow. Have a great day!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.