Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2018

Debbie I feel so bad for you I know how you feel it has been a long time since I have had it that bad

Today was shoulders and cardio

Is anyone ordering the new workouts

I plan on ordering the new workouts. I just have not done it yet. I cannot decide whether to get the downloads or just the dvds.

Doz, nice workouts :) I hope you find us since you are checking in on the April check in.

Still no workouts and not much improvement on the ivy crap. My arms do look a bit better, though, and my neck area is sort of cleared up. So annoying, I cannot believe how bad I got this.

Diane Sue - What is up with your FB? That is weird that it is keeping good track of you sleep cycles. I can't wear mine to bed, but hand gets swelled up if I do, plus it's too big and uncomfortable. I don't really care to see my sleep cycles anyways, I know I get up a million times a night and there isn't much I can do about it. LOL!!! Nice workout!!

Jolie - Nice job on your workout yesterday! Yes, I purchased Jewelweed soap and salve from Amazon. The soap is really drying up the bumps pretty good, but more keep appearing. I wish it would stop already. The salve doesn't seem to be doing much.

Roselyn - It is horrible, I hope I never ever get this again. Great job with shoulders and cardio yesterday!!

DOZ - Sure hope you find this thread. I was wondering where you've been. Nice job on your workout yesterday!!

Debbie, I bet you will be really cautious with looking for poison ivy after this. Cover up from head to toe maybe? Our last home had a really overgrown area with all kinds of fines and plants taking over. I spent so much time trying to clear it out. Finally the neighbors hired a woman to clear out a lot of it (on their side) which was helpful. I found it interesting with how hot it was outside that she was wearing tall boots, long gloves, long sleeves a scarfvtied over her head, and a mask over her nose and mouth. This took her several days of work. I guess she knew whatvshe was getting into. I wore gloves and was never affected by anything other than rashes that were more from gnats and bug bites.
My sleep stages worked last night. I was uncomfortable at first with wearing the Fit Bit to bed, but now I forget it is there. Sleep stages is supposed to help the Fitbit know your heart rate patterns so it can do better at calorie burns. I am not sure if yhat works or not though. I like following the rem and deep sleep patterns with how many hours of sleep, as it helps me know what I need to feel rested when I wake up. I can sleep less hours if I get a decent amount of deep sleep and feel rested. Most of the time there is a lot of awake time and light sleep:( You are right, I know that I am awake a lot of times at night. My goal those is good sleep to help with recovery.

I did not sleep well last night, got to bed really late and woke up so tired from yesterdays workout. I have decided to take the day off for my second rest day for the week. I am stressed, so I need a recovery day. Tomorrow is my sons last day of official classes, then a week of fun stuff and then finals and graduation. A lot to do to get that darn diploma! He also got voted in to be in the running for King of the prom and his girlfriend is in the running to be Queen. He could care less, but Maddie his girlfriend is very excited! Fun times.

Debbie,
I know that soap is going to work and you will be back to normal in no time! So you had a forces rest week, sometimes that's the way it goes. I hated not working out when I hurt my back, so I know how you feel.

I will check back later to see what you all did for workouts today!

Have a nice day.

(Hello) lol

Can’t believe I have been checking in on the wrong month.......lol much to caught up on, it’s all good love seeing what you ladies been up to.

This morning I did Kick Punch Crunch and I went for an hour walk. I’m headed out to Dave’s; house full this weekend eek. Promise I’ll will return

Doz, I am glad you found us. I was wondering what happened to you, then caught your last post in April. House fulls seem to happen a lot around here too :) Have fun and enjoy your house full. Nice work today!

Jolie, I have had so many of those lack of sleep nights lately for various reasons. I try to make myself go to bed earlier. I have my Fit Bit remind me so I don't get caught up in something and forget how tired I am going to be the next day. Besides it throws me off because I will automatically wake up early. Most days I have to get up early because when my husband gets up he works out in our bedroom since that is the location of the tread climber and his weight bench. But, it still happens sometimes. I will be so wound up and sit up late and then am miserable the next day. Being tired never helps the anxiety and stress either. The best thing one can do for themselves is get enough sleep. That is cool that your son is in the running for king. It was fun watching my grandson go out with his partner and hand her flowers. They didn't make queen and king though, but it was still fun and the sweet things he said about his life and his grandparents were included :) We have so many things going. My son in law got his masters and his graduation is this weekend. He wants us all to go fill containers for food for the needy at his church in honor of his graduating. Granddaughter is on her honeymoon right now. We have two graduations coming up for the high school next week and after gatherings.

Debbie- dang, hop you feel better soon.

Diane Sue- are talking about pre-ordering Cathe’s new workouts?

Jolie- congratulations to your son. Hope you get some rest tonight.

Roselyn- Hello

Doz, yes, I am talking about getting the new Lite pre-order. I am sure it will be plenty tough. I was pleastly surprised when I got the Ice workouts that were said to be intermediate, I had held off on those and ended up buying them one at a time. I love the Blizzard blasts and individual Muscle giant sets added to them. I just like the whole set and it is a favorite.

Morning, so weird everything I posted lasts night was still pending, hm......

Today’s workout, was slow steady run T: 60:00, D: 2:75, C: 325 and I did MIS chest, back, biceps & triceps.

Diane Sue- I may buy them not sure yet, needing something new, will check out the ICE Series.

Debbie- dang lady, hope you feel better soon.

Jolie- congratulations to your son, so nice.

Roselyn- Hello

I will check back later too see what you ladies are up to.

Same song and dance today. Still not much relief with the itching. I can't stand it anymore. At least it isn't getting worse and I see small improvements. I can't believe how long this crap lasts. Unbelievable!!!

Have great workouts and a great weekend everyone! I'm hoping to be back at it by Monday. Please say a prayer for me!!!

Prayers coming your way Debbie!!!!

Today I put together my own weight workout for Upper Body Only. Each body part was 3 exercises, 12 reps and I did them in a tri set fashion. ( 3 rounds of each triset ) Workout was 1 hour and I burned 378 calories. I warmed up to STS Meso 2 disc. Average heart rate was 109 and max was 152. I did a 2/2 count for each exercise.

Back-
1 Arm Rows- 25# x 12 ( 3 rounds of the tri set )
DB pullovers- 24# x 12
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 12

Chest-
Chest Press- 25# x 12 (3 rounds of the tri set )
Chest Flies- 15# x 12
Close Grip Chest Press- 20# x 12

Shoulders-
Seated Shoulder Press- 20# x 12 ( 3 rounds of this tri set )
1 Arm Lateral Raise- 10# x 12
1 Arm Rear Flies- 10# x 12

Biceps-
Traditional Curls- 15# x 12 ( 3 rounds of this tri set )
Hammer Curls- 15# x 12
W Curls- 12# x 12

Triceps-
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12# x 12 ( 3 rounds of this tri set )
Cross Body Ext.- 10# x 12
2 Arm Kickbacks- 8# x 12

I had a great workout but I was rushed. So much to do in so little time...

I will be back later to read your posts. I hope you all have great workouts today!

Have a nice day.

Today I did P90X2 warm up from PAP through the foam rolling, added a bit of jogging around the room and some hip bridges and supermans which my book I got for treating low back pain during exercise and athletics recommended along with a lot of the stuff from P90X2 warm up, 19 minutes, 61 calories, heart rate average 103, max 137. I then did Kelly Coffey Home Gym Intervals with the spin bike and a 10# dumbbell for the weight intervals. I did most of the spin standing because it is uncomfortable to sit very much. This was 39 minutes, 253 calories, met 5.9, hert rate average 124, max 156, 1,761 steps, I increased time a tiny bit on the cycling which was 5 miles, and 22 minutes of this time and the bike said 200 calories, but exercise equipment is not really accurate. I finished off with Sarah Beth yoga on youtube 23 minute morning workout, met 2.0, 51 calories. Total time 81 minutes, 365 calories.

Doz, nice job on your workout today. I get bored fast with workouts, and Ice has not been one I have had a dread factor in using. Lots of premix options as well. I wonder why your stuff would be pending, I never have seen that before.

Deb, still praying for you. That is awful.

Jolie, good job coming up with your own workout :) I hate being rushed which seems the case most of the time. It is nice to just do a leisurely workout with no interruptions or anything to do. Not sure how I will get in a workout tomorrow as we have somewhere to be by 9. It depends on how soon I can drag myself out of bed.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Body Shop upper only mix, 35 minutes, 154 calories, met 4.0, heart rate , 96 average, 131 max. I did some extra foam rolling and stretching as well. We went and filled bags with a mixture of vitamin powder,dehydrated veggies, soy, and rice to be sent to Haiti. A sort of assembly line of workers. I have my grandson coming this evening while my daughter and son in law go out for dinner to celebrate his graduation.

Debbie, I hope the healing is progressing !!

I was going to do my cardio today but watch the Royal Wedding instead! Oh well, I guess I am taking a rest day!

Morning guys,

I stepped on my scale and I’ve lost 4 lbs (((YES)))) in 2 weeks.

Today’s workout, Cardio Coach ‘press play’ and LesMill’s Core Attack. I will check back; need to get bathe and get breakfast started for my grands.

Happy Sunday! I woke up with a serious sore throat so I didn't do the cardio I planned, I did Cathe Live, Pumped Upper Body and Core. Wow, this was tuff stuff. This is the second time to do the workout so I knew what was coming and I went up in weights. Workout was 56 minutes and I burned 399 calories. Average heart rate was 119 and max was 158. I hope I am not getting sick, I have graduation and my Birthday on June 2nd and getting the kids through finals. My back isn't feeling good either so I am going to the Chiropractor on Tuesday.

3 rounds of each mini circuit.

Sweeping Bicep Curls- 17# x 12, x 12, x 12
Upright Rows- 14# x 16, x 12, x 8

W Curls- 12# x 12, x 12, x 12
Front Raises- 8# x 12, x 12, x 12

Hammer Curls- 15# x 12, x 12, x 12

Lying Triceps Ext.- 12# x 12, x 12, x 12
Close Grip Chest Press- 17# x 12, x 12, x 12
Rear Flies- 10# x 12, x 12, x 12
Pullovers- 28# x 12, x 12, x 12

Chest Press- 20# x 12, x 12, x 12
Chest Flies- 15# x 12, x 12, x 12
Seated Overhead Press- 15# x 12, x 12, x 12
Kick Backs 2 arms- 8# x 12, x 12, x 12

1 Arm Rows- 25# x 12, x 12, x 12 ( these were hard, my arms were fried )
Lateral Raise- 8# x 12, x 12, x 12
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 20 ( I put these in at he end )

ABS

I hope you all have a great day and workouts if you get on in!

Today I did P90X3 yoga, 34 minutes, 88 calories. This is normally my rest day.

Jolie, I do not have much interest in the royal wedding myself :) Nice workout today. I hope that you are not getting sick. I will be going to my grandson's graduation tomorrow evening and my granddaughter's on Thursday. Both have after gatherings :)

Doz, great job on the weight loss :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.