Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Mau 2019

Jolie - I only done a few of her workouts.I don't remember much about her workouts, except it was a lot of high impact. A lot of people compare her to Cathe, lol. I will give her another try soon. Good to know, she is totally different. I hear you on instructors getting on your nerves. Elevator music and instrumental music in workouts gets on my nerves too :) Good job today! I will wait for more details on the workouts/crew. I sure, don't need anymore workouts.

Today I did Cathe Lite Body Weight and Bands 44 minutes, heart rte average 110, max 141, met 5.0, 212 calories, 1,453 steps. I then did Lite Strong Body Stacked Sets 37 minutes, heart rate average 111, max 152, 185 calories, met 6.0, 936 steps. I finished off with Lite Extended Stretch 2, 11 minutes, 31 calories, 43 steps. Total time was 92 minutes 2,432 steps, 428 calories.
I liked the Body weight and Bands, but will most likely use it split and as a finisher for other workouts unless I am away and want to use it. There are some good uses for the bands and tubing. It might be better with the Calorie Crush added to it. I felt it for sure as I used Cathe's heavy tubing and a heavier loop band. Still the green band though to start with. I was afraid I was going to aggravate my neck.
Weights for Stong Body Stacked Sets Upper Body
First group
32 dips
12 triceps push ups off of the step with 3 risers
rotating kickbacks 10# dbs 10 reps
close grip bench/flat bench/combo 12# dbs 24 reps
chest flys 1 and a half 12# dbs 9 reps
plyo push ups on step 3 risers 12 reps
repeat
Second group
dumbbell front squeeze and press 8# dbs 12 reps
overhead press one and a half 12# dbs 8 reps
lateral raise one and a half 8# dbs 8 reps
lateral U raise 8# dbs 8 reps
hip huggers 12# dbs 16 reps
repeat
third group
pullovers one and a half 15# dbs 8 reps
double arm dead row 15# dbs 16 reps
1 hip hinge with back fly 3 times 10# dbs done 4 times
biceps curls 15# dbs 8 reps
8 point drop curls 12# dbs 16 reps
hammer curls 15# dbs 8 reps
reverse curls 12# dbs 8 reps
repeat

Debbie, nice weight work today. I bet it is a virus or some bug you picked up from something. Cathe does really hit the reps and low end pulses on her lower body workouts. Stacked sets has it's share of them. At least there are between some 12 rep moves for a break. Not easy to heavy up on those moves and they make my low back hurt. I keep trying to be a bit more careful what I do, as I know the dexa scan last year still had a stress fracture in my hip? I think that may be a problem area for me with some of the workouts I do. When I visit the Arthritis Center for my next visit, I think June, I am going to talk to him about these other issues. He has not addressed my neck issue and I wonder if he even looked at the results of my dexa scan. He wanted to do a second one in his facility and I had said "no" because I just had one and I doubt insurance is going to pay for two. He let it go. He did X rays of my knees and hands. I have been doing a lot of reading on the various arthritis types and wondered about the workouts I am doing.

Jolie, I do not think Yvette is like Cathe either. Their workouts are so different and their methods are different. I always loved the I Max workouts. I should pull out one again. Down the Hill and back sounds like me with Gertie when I take her up the street, through the woods along the stream behind the homes on the other side of the street and back. I liked it because it was quiet and peaceful just hearing the water. Traffic sound seemed to diminish. But, my husband said it was not safe for me to do that alone, so I quit. Once in awhile I walk her up the road to the pool and back or up the main street that leads to the park with all of the paths for walking and cycling.

Doreen, you sound like me this morning. Two alarms went off on my husbands cell phone after the thunder started rolling in. Lots of warning and this kept us up. I did not feel like cardio today. Yes, I love the non 30 minute to fitness older step boxing workout. It is fun, I like the two directions she uses the step and the music is nice. It really is more step than boxing.

Belinda, what is different that you do not like about this leg workout?

Doz, nice work getting a little cardio in and doing STS. Those are such long workouts.

The exercise were a lot of plyo with weights. I just left all the jumping out. The moves were different from all the other leg workouts. Thank goodness for the modifier.

Reactions: WD
forgot to mention...my husband gifted me with a pet painting class. I took it last night. I painted Brawler :( I painted him after a this picture. The painting class was super fun. a lot harder than I thought it would be. I had trouble painting Brawler at first, after while I just got into it. I didn't wanted to paint him with his harness on. I did a lot of adjustments

Attachments

• PHOTO-2019-05-08-15-55-28.jpg
    PHOTO-2019-05-08-15-55-28.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Brawler painting.jpg
    Brawler painting.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 4
Good morning,

Day 54 TB Core is done.

Thanks guys! Not bad for my first painting, lol.

I will try to be back later.

Hiit pyramid today

I decided to wait until i am dine with school for hip surgery. I think walking all the steep hills in silver dollar city this past weekend just aggravated it. Mt doc said it is not any worse since december so I am going to wait have it done in november

This morning I did Kelly's RAW R&R May and OMG, how fun that was!! I loved it!! I did the cardio part on my Max Trainer and then Kelly alternates from the bike to the bag. I thought it was a really fun workout and went by really fast. I tried following Kelly on my MT but it was too hard with her moving up and down. So I just did intervals of sprints and that worked great. It took a few to figure out how to use my MT in manual mode, but I eventually figured it out. So now I can do these types of workouts on it. Oh and my stomach is back to normal. Yay!!

Workout was 45 sweating minutes, I burned 285 calories and went 3971 steps. HR was 122/154.

Doreen - I think I tried Kelly's new Step Boxing workout and it didn't really click with me. Maybe I need to try it again. Did you do that from her channel or the DVD? Just curious.

Jolie - I am feeling back to normal today, thanks. It must have been a stomach bug of some sort. I envy your walks, I'm not a dog person but at times I wish I had one so I could go walk by myself. I don't like going on my own alone. Maybe I should put an ad in the paper and be a dog walker. LOL!! Your pictures are beautiful by the way. That is my dream and it will happen.

DOZ - Excellent workout yesterday!! :)

Diane - Nice job on your workouts. Band work irritates my upper back and neck as well, I have to be careful with it. I don't know how Cathe goes on and on with those squats. The people in her class seem to keep up with her, they must be used to it. My knees start to hurt when I do too many. At least we know our limits. I hope you can figure out what is going on with your neck, I get the insurance thing, very frustrating.

Belinda - Nice job on that painting. I don't know how you did that without crying the whole time. I still cry when I see pictures of Bear. You did a great job. Was this only one class or are there more you will be going to? I used to paint and draw a lot, I need to get back into doing that but where is the time to do it? Great job on your workout this morning!!

Roselyn - That's good that you can wait until you are done with school. I'm sure that makes you a bit happier!!

Hope you all have a great workout!!!

Last edited:
This morning I did Michelle Dozios Club Routine Cardio Interval #8. I forgot this one has some sound/video sync issues which makes it a bit hard to follow but its still fun floor cardio routines. The Peaks aren't too bad and are easy to modify.

Debbie- The KCM Stepbox was from a DVD - one of the pre-30 minutes to fitness I think. Glad you are feeling better!

Roselyn - Good that you get to wait on your hip to finish school - and that you will have the summer before surgery.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Overload version 2, 32 minutes, met 6.5, 192 calories, 2,849 steps, heart rate average 132, max 162. I wore my 8# vest. I then did Raw Step 3, 43 minutes, 338 calories, met 8.3, 4,007 steps, heart rate average 146 max 167. I wore my 8# vest for this and used 1# dumbbells for the boxing moves and 10# dumbbells for the weight segments(there are 4). I finished off with Barre Amped Stretch Lower Body, 20 minutes, 35 calories, met 2.0. Total time was 95 minutes, 565 calories, 6,873 steps.

Belinda, great job on the painting. You did a great job on it. I am sure it was emotional painting Brawler.

Roselyn, that sounds like a wise decision. That way you have time for recovery before you start work.

Debbie, I loved the Ripped and Ride Raw workout. That is my favorite so far. Second would be the one that alternates between the cardio equipment, then weights then kettle bell. It just seems when the workouts have such long high rep patterns that I tend more toward overuse injuries than just something slower that I am able to concentrate form on. The repetitive movements do not work well for me.

Doreen, that Kelly workout is Cardio Kick Step Boxing, right? It is my favorite and the one that made me love the step boxing workouts. Nice work today.

Doz, I forgot about some of those premixes. Nice work!

I have had the most TRAMATIC morning ever. I had let my dog outside to go pee and I was in the kitchen. I heard a small yelp and looked at my dog being bit around the neck by a coyote. The coyote immediately pulled him through a hole in the fence that I was not aware of and pulled him into the canyon that I should you in the picture. I saw from my deck 20 feet down my dog being pulled, screaming. I thought he was dead. I was in my nightgown and bare feet and jumped over the deck, down 15 to 20 feet I hit the ground and went running and screaming for the coyote to drop my dog. My son then jumped after me as I ran through bushes ect. The coyote must have gotten scared on released my dog Rusty. My dog heard my screaming hysterically and came running to me through the bushes. I grabbed him with my son and started to cry. I really thought it was over. We had to somehow climb back up the hill with the dog and get up to the house. Wow, it is amazing what happens when your adrenaline kicks in, I thought my dog looked ok, very scared but I didn't see any blood. I was so freaked out I started to workout, I couldn't calm down. I did Cathe Live Pumped upper body with my dog on the couch next to me. I notice when I looked at him I was starring right through him. I picked him up and he screamed so loud, I wrapped him in a blanket and took him to the animal hospital. He was now in shock. They took him right in and gave him a Rabie shot and put him on a drip with antibiotics and pain meds. He has two small puncture wounds in his neck but not deep. The vet and I have decided to call animal control and also I am putting up a tall fence and I will be making it HOT. I will run electric fencing around my house. Coyotes can get over a 6 foot fence. I left my dog at the hospital so I could go get the fencing, they love him there :) I just got out of the shower, I have a small hole in my right bicep, no stitches needed, my low back is out from the fall, my left foot is throbbing and I am starting to bruise all over. I feel so terrible, it was my fault. I Knew about the coyotes but I never thought that they would be that aggressive. They will take a small child right out of your back yard I was told by the vet. We can absolutely make our back yard and deck secure for him so I am off to Lowes to buy fencing and Barbed wire. Have a nice day :(

Jolie - OMG! I agree, what a dramatic morning for you and your dog. I am so glad you took him to the vet and he is ok. How scary! In the news there was a warning the other day about coyotes and small dogs. Haven't seen any around so far. But you never know. So sorry what you went through this morning.

Debbie - thanks! I plan on going again in the future with my husband and kids. Not sure when? My son got me a paint set years ago. Haven't used it :( He always thought I should paint, lol. I really don't paint, I only painted one picture of a flower years ago. My DD loved it so much, it's hanging in her bedroom. Not a picasso paintings:p It was hard painting Brawler, had tears in my eyes and my hand was shaking :( Great job today.

Diane - thank you! It was very emotional painting Brawler. I screwed up a few times with the paint brush, lol. Great job today.

Last edited:
Jolie, that is so frightening. You jumping down the hill could have hurt you pretty bad. Your dog is lucky. Are those coyotes around when you are out for walks? I would be carrying something with me for protection. I wonder why the coyote was that aggressive. My daughter has coyotes around her property at times. I have sat out in their screened room in back and saw deer running across the backyard. They have two dogs so that they have more of a chance against things like that than one on it's own though. I can't believe you came in and worked out. I would be in such shock I wouldn't be able to do anything.

Belinda, I got my first paint set when I was ten. I had a great aunt that got me interested when she showed me how to paint pine trees. I loved it. I have quite a few paintings around my house. My husband has a special saw blade that he wants me to paint on. I enjoy it and find it relaxing, but cannot seem to find the time for all of those projects.

Good morning,

D56 Cardio is done.

Diane - that's fantastic you enjoy paining. You must have some really beautiful art. You should show us some pictures. I would love to see them, I am not that talented to paint scenery.

Have a great day and workout. BBL!

This morning I started with a SSoD 30 Minute Sculpt but it ended up being non-squat leg work and I wasn't digging it so I switched to a Total Body Sculpt by Bethany which was better but still not as great as some I've done. I think some instructors you just click with and I don't think I clicked with Bethany this morning. It was an interesting class structure - Tabata total body. So each 20 second work you did a different body part so one tabata circuit was an exercise for a different body part and then you repeated it backwards - so the cardio move at the end was doubled up as you start back reverse order. Then after 2x through she started with a different set of exercises still in the format of legs, back, shoulders, bi, tri, chest, core, cardio.

I'm going to pre-order - I just have to wait until Fit Tower Total body or STS total body appears on the daily deal so I can get the DVDs and free shipping. But I remember on the Lite Series I ended up ordering the downloads only because neither of those show up on the daily deal so I suspect the daily deal has something to do with them attempting to clear inventory that isn't moving!!

Jolie - really glad your Rusty is ok! Hope you are feeling better soon too! What a scare. Those Coyotes are nothing to mess with. I grew up on a sheep farm and my father would carry the rifle on the tractor in case he ever saw one- there was no season on them as they were considered nuisance predators. They would attack and carry off the baby lambs.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.