Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Mau 2019

Belinda, Happy Birthday!

Today I did Cathe Live, Upper Body Core Crush, Funny how Debbie and I picked the same workout today, and had a great workout. I did change up a few exercises because I hate pushups, they hurt my shoulder, and I did my own AB workout because her workouts are too hard on my low back. Workout was one hour and I burned 428 calories. I did run my steps between every Circuit so that go my heart rate up :) Average heart rate was 115 and max was 152. IF I am going to have stairs in my house, I am going to incorporate them into my workouts.

Chest Press, no push ups- 20's x 20, x 20
Close Grip press to chest press- 15's x 12, x 12
kickbacks- 8's x 16, x 16
1.5 Chest Flies- 15's x 12, x 12
1.5 Lying ext.- 12's x 12, x 12
No Dips, Overhead Ext.- 12's x 12, x 12

No pushups, Seated Overhead Press- 15's x 16, x 16
1.5 shoulder press- 12's x 8, x 8
Rear Flies- 10's x 10, x 16
Lateral Raises- 8's x 20, x 5's x 20
Hip Huggers- 15's x 16, x 16

1.5 Pullovers - 12's x 10, x 10
1 Arm Rows- 25# x 16, x 16
No Bands, Horz. Rows 1 Arm- 15's x 16, x 16
Bicep Curls- 15's x 20, x 20
8. Curls- 10's x 2 rounds, 2 rounds
Hammer Curls- 15's x 12, x 12
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 16, x 16

ABS my own workout.

Debbie, how funny that we picked the same workout again! I loved the workout except I didnt do her core workout, i did my own version. Im with you on the low back issue, I play it safe.

Belinda, great job on the workout today and I am so glad you had a happy birthday :)

Doreen, glad to see you back posting!

DOZ, welcome back and great workouts!

Diane Sue, I hope you had a great weekend and a good workout today.

Roselyn, how is school going?

Running late today so I will check back later on in the day.

I hope we all have a great week :)

Reactions: WD
Today I did cathe live upper body

so my cathe girls i have to get my hip replaced on may 31, it was dislocated at birth and fixed but now needs to be replaced as will my other one and i am cool with that I am tired of taking ibuprofen and does not help, so i can still lift but no more running or high impact :( I am more down about that. This surgery is called smart path and is actually done outpatient with a quicker recovery, my other hip will not be done soon it is in the future though :(

• Sad
Today I did Raw cardio crush, 32 minutes, met 8.3, 220 calories, heart rate 136 average, 163 max, 2418 steps. I then did Lite Stacked Sets lower body, 42 minutes, met 6.0, heart rate average 112, max 149, 212 calories, 915 steps. I finished with Raw 2_cardio floor finisher (this is from sculpting rx) 18 minutes, met 5.5, 91 calories, heart rate 111 average, max 155, 723 steps. Total time 92 minutes, 523 calories, 4,056 steps.
I don't like typing on my tablet so will try to get back here tomorrow. I am having Internet problems with my laptop and the network adapter. It has been a busy weekend.

Jolie, I am sorry you have to go through that and have to quit impact workouts. I know you can make adjustments and still get great workouts in.

Today was a hiit workout

So with this hip replacements I have to reconsider cosmetology school. I am thinking long term, not getting through school, like will this now effect how long I can stand and work in a salon. recovery from this now a days is so much better bit cosmos have alot of issues from working and I am older any thoughts welcome. I am talking to school administer today I know I can take a leave and go back so much to think about

Good morning,

D52 Cardio is done. Everything was done in giant sets of 8 exercises, 8 rounds. The exercises were the same as in last week but in different oder. Doing 8 rounds was tough.

Roselyn - I am so sorry you are going through this. Good luck with your surgery the end of the month.

Diane - I was wondering why you didn't check in yesterday. Sorry about your internet. I hope you get it fixed.

Debbie - how long did you sign up for Cathe Live? Sorry, her workouts starting to look all the same. That's funny! She is coming out with more step/IMAX4. I will pass :(

Where is Roxie?

DOZ - welcome back! Great job yesterday.

That's it for me today.

So I ate something last night that didn't agree with me, not sure what, though. I had an egg quesadilla, one I've made forever and I'm wondering if the egg I used was bad? It had a brown spot on it but I've eaten eggs with brown spots on them before. By 7 p.m. last night my stomach was hard as a rock and I felt like I was going to throw up. I didn't, but dang, it lasted all through the night. I'm feeling better now.

I decided to just walk on my treadmill for a couple miles. I really didn't have it in me to do much else. Jumping and kickboxing just didn't appeal this morning.

Workout was 43 minutes, I burned 269 calories, went 2.26 miles and did 4979 steps. HR was 121/133.

DOZ - Welcome back! Nice job on your workout and hope you continue on this journey with us!! So good seeing you back! I miss my CC's like crazy. So sad that I can't do them anymore.

Doreen - Nice job with your Kettlebell workout, sounds interesting!! Welcome back to you as well!

Belinda - Happy Birthday!! I hope it was a special one for you! Hugs! I pay Cathe's fee by the month. So it's like $9.99 a month I think. Imax 4!? I didn't know there was an Imax 3!! LOL!!!

Jolie - Nice job with Upper Body Core Crush. I liked it too, I just wish her ab work wasn't to taxing on the back. These workouts are all starting to feel about the same, but I am still enjoying them.

Diane - Nice workout yesterday. Hope you get your computer problems taken care of. I hate when that stuff happens.

Roselyn - So sorry to hear about your hips. When are you having surgery? You never complain on here about anything, I never knew you even had hip issues. So my cousin is a hair dresser and is on her feet all day - she's been cutting hair for years and years. I recently asked her if her back or hips ever hurt from standing. She said no because she moves around all day - getting clients from the front desk, washing their hair, cutting and then drying. She said it isn't constant standing and that you are walking around quite a bit. So that makes a difference. Standing still all day would probably be hard, but you won't be standing still all day. Hope that helps. I hope you don't give up your cosmetology. I think you would be great at it.

Roxie - Where are you?? We are keeping you accountable, what workouts have you done lately? How are you doing?

Have great workouts everyone!!

Roselyn, so sorry, I misread who posted about the hip replacement. My heart goes out to you.

I am just getting my computer back up after updating stuff. Still on my tablet, but I think prayer fixed it, as it was blank when I first turned it on this morning. I shut it off and prayed and when I turned it back on it worked an I was able to get on the Internet to update things.

Good Morning!

I was supposed to skip my workout this morning to take my son to school early but I woke up early and ended up doing a 30 minute spin class from Sweat Studio on Demand. 30 minutes was enough- lots of power intervals and speed sprints and I don't think I could have gone much longer! Good workout and a fun, down-to earth instructor.

Roselyn - maybe there is some type of high stool that you can get to perch on while working on hair so you are not standing all the time? One with wheels so you can still move around?

Debbie- sorry you had such a rough night! Did you still have to get up for work? I'm impressed you still got on the TM.

Roselyn, I know that my hairdresser sits on a high stool all of the time. She has low back issues and she says it helps a lot. If it were me, I would do the hip replacement and finish school. There are so many things you can do with a cosmetology license. You could do hair extensions, lash extensions, just color, just cuts and a mobile makeup or hair service. I would keep going, but of course, take the time you need for your surgery. My dad had both of his hip redone in the past 6 years and golfs, workouts and does whatever and he is 85 years old. I wish you the best of luck with your surgery.

Today I did Yvette Cardio Hiit/Back/Biceps and Core. This was 1 minute of cardio on the step, I modify when need be, not burpees or planks, I switch it out to squats, lunges, squat presses, pop squats, ect, to 40 seconds lifting weights then 30 seconds of core. This is one hour and I burned 639 calories. I used 3 risers instead of her two and had a kick butt workout. This is not really as long as her other workouts, I think it is one of my favorites so far. I am really coming up with some great workouts for myself by modifying exercises that I like and need for my physique. My average heart rate was 127 and max was 169. This workout had no high impact moves except for Jumping Jacks.

Belinda, kicking butt on the workout today! I like Cathe live because it is inexpensive and it mixes things up for me. However, I like Yvette more lately for cardio circuit training but I like Cathe more for weight workouts. Yvette is free so I love that about it! :)

Debbie, sorry you felt bad last night. I hate when that happens. Good walk anyways, at least you could do something for a workout today. I love to walk, i am taking my dog to the beach later today to burn some more calories. :)

Diane Sue, sorry about the internet issues, i had no internet for a week when I moved, i had to use my mobile hot spot to workout or use my computer.

Doreen, good job getting in a short workout this morning before taking your son to school.

Have a nice day. Woke up to rain today but it is clearing up now. I cant believe how much rain we have gotten this year.

Just a little break here:) I am already past 12,400 steps. I made a run to the store and raked up the ground and planted grass seed. Now to indoor work.
My workout today was Cathe Rock Out Knock Out with the heavy bag bonus, 65 minutes, met 8.10 (for me workout manager has it at 9.10 and it still did not coincide near my stats) 465 calories, 5,786 steps, heart rate average 136, max 168. This is my favorite kickbox workout that Cathe has done and has fun music. I then did Lite Body Weight and Bands calorie crush since it showed up on my door step right after kickbox. This was 16 minutes with the warm up and stretch, heart rate average 129, max 158, 1,206 steps, 114 calories. It is done with the fire walker loop. I almost think I would prefer it without, but it does add a bit of difficulty. I am just not so much a fan of jacks and stuff with the loop around my ankles. Most of it was okay though. It is different for a change. I then did Lite abs 2, met 5.0, 44 calories, 58 steps. Total time was 91 minutes, calories burned 623, 7,050 steps. I will incorporate that workout into my weight workout tomorrow without the calorie crush.
I saw Cathe is doing some new workouts. I guess all using the step? I just bought the last Lite so that figures LOL Kelly is also doing a couple of new dvds. One I think is with the overload principle like she uses on Raw with the lighter weighted vest. I say lighter as it is not like my 20# vest. Today I ordered an 8# vest that looks like it would work much better that sort of crosses in the front. My Cathe one slides backwards when I take all of the packets out and it is still 12#. It makes my neck and shoulders hurt when it is pulling down backward. I thought I would benefit from a lighter new one. Maybe use it for some other cardio too. Kelly mentions using one on one of her step workouts.

Doz, great to see you back checking in with us. I need my car washed too :p I miss having my grandson needing extra cash and getting him to wash my car. He has a job and is in college now. I guess I just need to get out here and do it.

Jolie, good luck with the stair running. That is what I was doing just before I tore my miniscus. We had two sets of stairs in our house and the back stairs ended at my workout room. I would run up and down several times a day after my workout till my knee started giving me fits. That being said, these were some steep steps. DH videotaped me scooting backward up those stairs dragging my crutches after surgery and teasing me. I never ran stairs again after that.

Belinda, nice work today. I know I am usually here every day, but things have just been overwhelmingly one thing right after another and barely was able to get workouts in this weekend. I am so happy my internet is back up on my laptop. I went through my phone to the provider and had them reset it and then my husband was able to get his back up, but mine was having a problem finding a network adapter and kept trying to get me to do an ethernet hook up. I couldn't do anything on it.

Debbie, your egg had a brown spot on the eggshell or the egg that you had taken out of the shell. I see spots inside at times and generally that is a blood spot or something. I never eat them like that. I throw them away. I think it has something to do with the egg and fertilization or something weird. I don't really remember. It is probably not harmful but seems gross to me. If the egg is bad it would smell bad I would think. Having farm fresh eggs so much over the years, I am picky about my eggs. If they are real pale, they are tasteless. Lousy fed chickens. Probably cheap commercial feed. I prefer free range eggs myself. If I am at Walmart I buy Happy Eggs or least liked I will buy cage free. I hope you are feeling much better this afternoon. You got in a nice step count this morning even if you were tired and not feeling well.

Doreen, nice that you were able to get in a 30 minute workout this morning when expecting not to have one.

Belinda, I have all of the I max workouts and have done them and the extreme workouts so many times.
Curious how the new I max will be in comparison to types of moves since it is low impact. I will want that one. One thing I can say for Cathe is that her sets and filming is always done well.

Jolie, a walk at the beach with your dog sounds pleasant. We have had a lot of of rain here, but this time of year it is not unusual. Now through June is generally the times for most tornadoes. We have rain coming in tonight and I really had to get outside and finish what I started yesterday when I mowed. Now the seeding and fertilizer is in place and I cleaned up leaves and stuff from the storms we have had. Next is my yearly clean out the shed and sweep it out. It is so humid here right now. Yesterday 81 and muggy.
Great job on Yvette again and doing your own modifiers. I do that with things that are uncomfortable. I will just fit in my own move.

Good Evening Everybody :)

Workout ‘‘tis morning, Cardio Coach #8 and MIS abs, that’s it for me, I’m pretty sore. Nice work guys. I was thinking :rolleyes: starting STS, can’t get away from it lol. It is such a well rounded program. Maybe I just do STS 1, need to tone a bit. Have a great evening all. Omg I see Cathe is at it again YES. Funny, IMAX 2 is on my rotation, I got the VCR tape lol. Glad she is coming out with step work, I miss it, so happy.

Diane Sue - GREAT to be back :p

Last edited:
Doz, I used to have Cathe's I max, Mis an Mic and body max all on vhs, but bought the dvd combos and sold them. Nice work today.

Good morning,

D53 Legs is done. I liked all the other leg workouts, I am not sure if I like this one.

I will wait for more details on the new workouts, crew and music.

Jolie - I will give Yvette another try once I am done with my rotation. She is very similar to Cathe, IMO! Good job!

That's it for me today. BBL! Getting ready for my walk.

I did Cathe Live Total Body Barbell Challenge from 12/13/18, my 3rd time doing this. I am still not right with my stomach, not sure what is going on but it's been upset now for two days. It still can't be the egg I had, I'm wondering if I have some type of stomach bug? Anyways, this workout was hard for me but I really like it. Only complaint I have is the endless squats. Good God!!

Section 1:
Squats
- 25#
Pushups off the Step - 16 reps
Bench Press: 25#
Pushups off the step - 12 reps
Bench Press: 25#

Section 2: Used 25# for all lifting moves
Plie Squats
- I used a 25# DB here
Barbell Row
Plie Squats

Section 3: Used 20# for all lifting moves
Close Grip Press
- 8 reps
Pullovers - I have decided that I do not like doing pullovers with the BB
Dips - 32 reps
Dips - 24 reps
Close Grip Press - 24 reps
Lying Extensions - 14 reps
Close Grip/Lying Extensions together - 6 reps

Section 4: Used 20# for all lifting moves
Clean & Press
- 4 reps
Shrugs - 4 reps
Push/Press - 4 reps
Clean & Press - 4 reps
Shrugs - 8 reps
Push/Press - 4 reps
(these killed me)

Section 5: used 15#s
Static Lunges Right
Static Lunges Left
Biceps Curl
8 Point Drop Curls
Biceps Curl
8 Point Drop Curls
Deadlifts
- 35# (2 sets)

Section 6: Used 5# Barbell & 2.5# weights in each hand for LR
Upright Row/Front Raise/Front swing Press
Lateral Raise/Rotator Cuff Move/Chest Squeeze

As I've said before, Cathe is the Queen of shoulder work. These killed!

Abs - Did most of it, this was pretty much basic ab work which I liked. Had to stop early due to my stomach being nauseous.

Workout was 57 minutes, burned 374 calories and HR was 120/208.

Doreen - Nice job getting that spin class in!! It feels great to get a workout in even when we think it won't happen. Especially when we think it won't happen!! And yes, I did go to work yesterday. Still not feeling that great.

Jolie - Nice job with Yvette. One of these days I will do one of hers just to stay I did it. LOL!!!

Diane - Great job with your workouts yesterday. The brown spot was on the actual egg itself, that I ate. This has happened before and I never had any issues with it. And the egg did not smell either. I'm still feeling it so maybe I have a bug of some kind?

DOZ - Great job with your Cardio Coach and abs workout yesterday! Woo hoo, you are back!!

Belinda - I will also wait to hear about the new workouts. Nice job on your workout this morning!!

Roselyn - How did it go with administrations yesterday? What have you decided to do?

Roxie - Are you ok?

Great job everyone!!! Have great workouts today!!

Good morning! I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep so I know I will be dragging. I did a TRX and Resistance band workout from Studio Sweat on Demand this morning. Last night I added another 30 minute workout and did KCM Stepboxing (the non- 30MTF one) which was a blast. I love step and this one is more step than boxing IMO. I'm going to order Cathe's new step series - IMAX 4 -Low Impact sounds great! I'll probably do downloads but the premixes are always nice too so we'll see how I feel tomorrow!!

No workout today, this is my scheduled rest day along with Sunday. I did take my dog for his usual walk down the hill and back up to my house and I burned 201 calories. So I can add that to my calorie burn everyday in addition to my workout calorie burn. I might take my dog to the beach today for a long walk along the ocean. There is a nice trail designated for runners, walkers, dog walkers and bicycles and it goes on forever. My husband and I are going to walk it every Sunday morning and then end with breakfast at the restaurant on the pier. I am loving the beach life.

Belinda, good job on the leg workout today. I don't think Yvette is anything like Cathe's workouts, funny how we all feel different about instructors. So many get on my nerves, I just cant do them:)

Debbie, I love that Cathe Barbell workout! OMG on the squats in that workout, why!!!!!!! I hope your stomach feels better, take some digestive enzymes and probiotics. That will help for sure.

Doreen, great job on the workout! I cant order IMAX 4 because I cant even do IMAX 1! I cant do those workouts, I get so dizzy and nauseous. I wish I could because I hear the calorie burns are insane!

Roselyn, how did it go at school yesterday? Let us know what you are going to do. I think you should stick with it, you may end up feeling incredible after the surgery :)

DOZ, I love STS. Do it!

Diane Sue, I will check back later to read your post.

Happy Hump Day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.