Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2019

Today I did Cathe Live Glassboro Road Trip 2018 workout from 7/28/18. Had a really great workout, I took breaks between sets because she flies through this workout and I lifted heavy and wanted the recovery time. Fun workout, I really like this one. I used my new dumbbells and they are pretty sweet. I still had to use my other dumbbells for some exercises, but for the most part I used those. Love them!! They sort of felt a bit lighter than the iron dumbbells I have. That was sort of strange.

Each giant set is done 3 times with 8 reps each.

Giant Set 1
Pushups:
10/10/10 reps on step
Chest Flies: 22.5's
Close Grip Chest Press: 22.5's

Giant Set 2
Pullovers:
30# - 6 reps at 4/4 count
One Arm Row: 25#/30#/30#
One Arm Rear Fly: 12#

Giant Set 3
Upright Row:
20#/30#/30# barbell
Shoulder Press: 15's
Lateral Raise: 12's

Giant Set 4
Standing Overhead Extensions:
25#
Kickbacks: 8's
Dips: 24 reps

Giant Set 5
Dumbbell Curls:
30# barbell
Hammer w/Twist: 20's/17.5's/15's
W Curls: 10's
Had to keep lowering on the twist curls, those were tough.

Skipped the abs, the ab work in this workout is what put me out for a week. Not sure I'll ever do them again. I really like the ab work, too.

Diane - I don't have the stand, I wonder how much that cost? I just put them on the floor and it worked out great. I love them but I can see how you still need the other type of dumbbells for certain moves. So did you see the Smashwerx video of the hamstring and therapy ball? Did you try it? I have been doing that every evening and it isn't hurting as much as it did. Awesome stuff. Great job on your workout!!

Roxie - So you should be kid free today. Woo hoo! They are a handful!!

Jolie - I know, I have the best family ever. They spoil me. I cannot wait to get on that Max Trainer. It works similar to Peloton where you have a live class I think. I will be signing up for that for sure. Nice job on your workout, you are kicking ass with Yvette. I'd really like to try her workouts. Eventually I will. I wonder why she's not charging for them? Hasn't she been around for a while? Buying a house is over-rated. If I could do it all over again, I'd probably rent. But I guess it is nice calling a home your own home. Sometimes I just think they are money pits. We've been talking about moving on the lake for retirement (sooner I hope) and we are thinking about condo's or apartments. Not sure yet, I guess it depends on what we find when we start looking.

Roselyn - Nice job with bulk legs!! I miss those workouts.

Belinda - Yes, I do have an awesome family!! Can't believe you are on week 3 already!!! Holy smokes!!

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Debbie, nice workout. I watched several of the YouTube Smashwerx vids on hip flexors . I was having a hard time with YouTube so it just kept going from the one that I had saved on my watch later from my computer. I do not know what the deal is with my Roku and youtube.

No time today except I did a new workout from Cathe Live, Strong Express Upper Body. I loved it! High reps, layering on each muscle group, lite weights, and boy was I feeling it. I am sore from yesterdays workout so I chose something lite in weight to give my body a little rest.

I have no time for personals, I have a mover coming to give me a bid so I will check back in later. I feel lucky just to have gotten a workout in today:)

Debbie, I am glad you got to lift today :) I cant wait to rent, I am sick of the money pit!!!! Its always something we are dishing money out to fix and I am sick of it.

Have a nice day.

Reactions: WD
This morning I did Kelly Coffey Build and Burn Cardio Core, 28 minutes, heart rate average 134, max 169, 2,51 steps, met 7.0, 186 calories. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Step #3 with an 8 inch step and 1# gloves, 43 minutes, heart rate average 144, max 170, met 8.0, 319 calories, 4,072 steps. I finished off with Lite Stretch #1, 13 minutes, 33 calories. I also did some other stretching and rolling afterward. Total time was 85 minutes, 538 calories, 6,123 calories. I have grandchildren coming over in a little while :) I ran to Sprouts so I could pick up some of the seafood that was on sale in their meat counter. Plus there was a coupon code for 10 dollars off of 60 today only :)

Debbie, I finally unplugged the Roku today and plugged it back in and Youtube worked fine. I noticed the last few days that the Raw channel did a lot of flickering. Hopefully it all rebooted itself. I have one long loop band here that is 1/2 inch. My heavy one that is an inch and a half is with my grandson. But, I picked up on some moves. I had already targeted a lot of my problem being in the hip flexors. When I work on loosening them up the glutes and hamstring area are so much better. There is some good information on Smashworx. I will try to watch a few more of them. There is an area right deep in my glutes that I found with the Yoga Tune Up Balls and my workouts that once I get the balls(in their pouch) right into that area it really does loosen that up. It is amazing how one area can throw another completely off. Those Bowflex weights are

Belinda, good job on your workout today. Week 3 already:)

Roselyn, bulk legs is a great lower body workout. Nice work.

Jolie, I hope that you get a good price on the movers. Nice that you were able to get in a workout too.

Today I did Yvette Bachman Step Cardio with Legs/ Shoulders and Back with 3 risers. This was a great leg workout. I did extra exercises at the end for each body part because tomorrow I have to take the day for a repair man. Today's workout was 1 hour 15 minutes and I burned 659 calories. Average heart rate was 132 and max was 187. I was tired this morning so I really had to push to get through this workout.

The movers charge will be $2750 for just moving the furniture with 6 men!!!! We are moving all of the boxes, cloths and the garage ourselves. Boy, to move we had to shell out $20,000! No Bueno.

Belinda, another great workout for you today. I love ab and core work, we will look good this summer!

I will check back later to read your posts. I must get packing now and I have to renew my Insurance license as well :( So much to do.

Today I just walked on my treadmill and then did the stretch from Stretch Max with the band again. I'm still trying to take it easy, my waist is still not 100% but it is better. Why does it take my body so long to heal? What is my body missing in nutrients? I take so many things as it is, you would think I would be Supergirl.

So we put the Bowflex Max Trainer together last night and I tried it out for like 4 minutes. Holy smokes!! That was hard - but not really for my breathing or anything like that, more with my knees and low back. My knees started burning pretty bad and my low back started to ache because you are standing at an angle which really isn't good. I need to see if I can stand on it any other way to make myself upright more. This will kill my low back. I was so upset but didn't want to let my DH know that. He is so happy he got me something that will save my knees and hips, but why were they burning like that? I'm hoping I just need to acclimate to it.

Man, you girls must think I've turned into a real wimp!! And sometimes I feel like I have. I am so frustrated about everything right now. I just want to feel good again. Why is that so much to ask?

It was 19 degrees here this morning!!! Ridiculous!!

Anyways, sorry about the whining. I don't have time for personals but I hope you all have a great workout!!!

Last edited:
Today I did Fit Split Cardio Shred stopping at the stretch, 27 minutes, heart rate average 143, max 169, met 9.0. 208 calories, 2,611 steps. I then did the Fit Split Push day, 34 minutes, met 6.0, 159 calories, 412 steps, heart rate average 102, max 138 and I skipped the warm up. I don't really like doing a full cardio and weight workout as it doesn't seem to give the right feedback for both. I did take note of the workout managers Met values and did the math. I lowered my met values a bit. I finished off with Lite extended stretch #2, 11 minutes, 31 calories. Total time was 72 min, 398 calories. While sitting at my table plugging my numbers in the workout manager I started coughing when I was turned at an angle and really did a number on my low back side. I could hardly move. This was just before the final stretch I added. So after the stretch I used my therapy balls and some stretches from Smashworx and ran downstairs and got some Advil. I laid down for awhile after I ate. It is better now, but still hurts a bit. Bending over in the stretch was much slower for me than Cathe when I tried to stand back up!! It is our actual anniversary today and my husband wants to go out this evening again. :)

Belinda, nice work today ;)

Push Day weights
bench press 20# dbs 10,8,8 reps super set with chest flys 15# dbs 10,8,8 reps

knee tap push ups body weight 10 reps and 8 reps
plyo push ups on step with 3 risers 20 reps

alternating close grip bench press 20# dbs 16,12,8 reps super set with barbell lying extension 35# barbell 16,12,8 reps

triceps dips 35# 32 reps

shoulder press barbell 30# 10,8,8 reps super set with goal post press 12# dbs 10,8,8 reps

front squat 35# barbell heels elevated 12,12,12 reps super set with high and tight used the fit tower they use the step body weight 64 reps total or 4 sets of 8 high and 8 low

calf raises 20# dbs 50 reps

Jolie, nice work on getting Yvette Bachman in again. We had movers last time and it was close to that, but they had to move everything since it was a long distance moves and put some in a rented storage and some in my daughter's storage building as well as putting my tread climber in their office. We had a lot of stuff. Between us and family we moved it into our home here ourselves. Lots of work.

Debbie, I am not sure of all of the mechanics of the Max Trainer. Maybe you need to do a little at a time and build yourself up for it. I was thinking I could do the heavier tension on the treadles for the Tread Climber and finally lowered it because it made my knees and low back hurt. I also kept trying to do it at a 4 to 4.5 mph which is as high as it will go. That does not work for me for long. Anyway, take it slow at first. Maybe do some research. My husband ordered me the Tread Climber because he thought it would be good for my knees since it is non impact. You are still mending so, that may be problematic as well. The SmashWorx does have some good info on it. The dude is kind of goofy and could clean up his language a bit, but I find him funny.
We have some frosty weather coming up next week. A bit unusual for April. Today is in the low seventies.

Good morning,

D18 FB is done.

Debbie - that's sucks about your back :( I hope you can figure out using your new MT without hurting. Have you tried to contact the company? Hope you had a fantastic day yesterday.

Jolie - nice job yesterday. Once I am done with my rotation, I will give Yvette another try.

I have a doc appointment. Need to shower and get ready. BBL!

Today I did Cathe Live Vertical Load and had a great workout. I've done this one once before and I think Jolie really likes this one. It is a good one and goes by fast.

Reps were all over the place mostly high reps.

GIANT SET 1 & 2
Overhead Press:
12.5's
Bicep Curls/W Curls: 12.5's - 15 reps
Triceps Kickbacks: 8's - 16 reps
Pushups: 18 reps
Walking Lunges: 10's (I think she did 8 sets)

GIANT SET 3 & 4
Lateral Raise to Front Raise:
8's/5's
Hammer Curls: 15's - 13 reps
Standing Triceps Extensions: 15#
Rear Delt Flies Drop Set: 12's - 10/9/8 reps little rest
Pushups/Relaxed Pushups: 8 reps different pattern/10 reps
Squats to Deadlifts: 15's -6 sets/10 sets (I stopped early on these)

GIANT SET 5 & 6
Upright Rows:
15's - 19/22 reps
Isolation Curls: 10's/12's
Close Grip Triceps Pushups: 14/12 reps
One Arm Rear Fly: 12# - 10 reps
Chest Flies w/Knees up: 15's
Side Lunges/Rear Lunges: Skipped

Workout was 55 minutes, burned 347 calories and HR was 133/188. Steps were 1256.

Feeling ok today, happy about that. Thank you all for the birthday wishes, it was a great one!!

Jolie - I can't believe the calorie burns you get. I'm half of what you get. Nice job on your workout yesterday!! Wow on the movers fee, that is robbery.

Diane - I hope your back is feeling better today, I hate when stuff like that happens!! Happy Anniversary! Did you go out to eat last night? How many years are you celebrating? I agree that I will have to start slowly on the Max Trainer. It's now in my workout room and If I don't get on it tomorrow, I will next week and get acclimated to it. I hope I will be able to use it, it is a sweet piece of equipment. I like the Smashwerx guy, he has some good stuff out there.

Roselyn - Excellent job on your workout!! Thanks for the birthday wish!

Belinda - Nice job with your workout! Is it getting harder? Are you still liking it? I think I just need to acclimate to the MT. We'll see. My DH said he can adjust the handles if I need to, but I'm afraid that will void the warranty. I'll try to use it as it is. They really should make the handles adjustable for short people like me.

Have great workouts everyone!!

This morning I did Lite Rev'd Up Rumble, 42 minutes, heart rate average 142, max 173, 3,571 steps, met 7.5, 299 calories. I then did Kelly Coffey Lean body Circuits Hi/Lo premix, 20 minutes, heart rate average 139, max 165, 1,949 steps, met 7.0. I finished off with Lite abs #2, 11 minutes, met 4.5, 40 calories, 39 steps and Lite Stretch #1, 13 minutes, 33 calories, 51 steps. Total time was 86 minutes, 496 calories, 5,610 steps.

Debbie, my back is better. I did some stretches this morning after I was up and around and added a bit after my final stretch with some quad rolling. Yes, we went to dinner. It is a very nice restaurant and really pricey. They gave us a happy anniversary card signed by the staff and a box of chocolates which was really nice. The food was excellent. You buy the main course and any add ons are served in dishes to be shared, I got mushrooms and my husband did not want to share with me:p We ended with a piece of cheesecake that we shared. I mainly ate the marinated berries that were on the side of the plate. It was excellent and service was great. This was out 46th wedding anniversary.
I bet eventually your Max Trainer will work well for you. I looked a bit online to see thoughts on back and knees and the Max Trainer and it seems most thing it is great for that. It did look in the video that the people are leaned forward slightly. May have to add stretching to compensate for forward leaning afterward.
I hope you had a wonderful birthday celebration. Your gifts are awesome!

Belinda, nice job on the workout this morning. I wish I could get mine over with sooner.

Debbie, happy birthday!

No workout today, just packing all day while I have a contractor here fixing broken things in the house.

Great workouts everyone! My body is so sore today, it am thankful for a rest day.

So today I walked on my treadmill again. I was going to try the Max Training but my back and waist is almost 100% and I didn't want to do anything that would stop that process.

My walk was 47 minutes, burned 277 calories, walked 2.3 miles and did 5624 steps. HR was 112/139.

Diane - Your anniversary dinner sounds like it was awesome!! Sounds like a really nice place to eat. And wow, 46 years. You don't hear that too often anymore. I've been married for 23 years and that doesn't seem possible. Congratulations to you both!!

Jolie - I had a great birthday, thank you! Packing does not sound like fun! Hope it all goes well for you!

Roselyn - Nice job on the doubled up workout!!

Belinda - Hope you have a great workout today!

Roxie - Where are you?

Have great workouts everyone! Yay it's Friday!!

Good morning,

I did my workout early this morning, just getting around to post. I did D19 LB. It was giant sets. Great workout.

Hope you all having a great workout and day today. Gotta run! I will try to be back later tonight with personals.

Today I did Cathe Live, Glassboro Road Trip Upper Body, love this workout, but I changed it up a bit. Instead of 8 reps per set I did 12. I was short on time so this one works well for that since it moves fast. I burned 356 calories.

Debbie, I am so happy that you are feeling better. My elliptical I can change the elevation of the foot pedal, toes more up or down. I can only do it with my toes slightly elevated otherwise my knees cant tolerate it. See if you machine can change the angle of your foot. Just a thought.

Belinda, nice job on the workout today! Killing it! :)

I will be back later to read posts, I am going to my new house to show my mom and to measure so I know what room furniture will be going into for moving day.

Happy Friday, Cheers!

I am tired today so did not do any cardio. I did PHA 2, 46 minutes, met 7.0(I lowered this from workout managers 8.0) 279 calories, heart rate average 104, max 140, 904 steps. I finished with Coffey Fit Raw Stretch, 28 minutes, 67 calories, met 2.5, 119 steps. It has been a full week of not getting enough sleep. I just didn't feel it this morning and really wanted to do a decent stretch. This was the first time I did PHA 2 as is without doing one of the longer premixes.
Weights
rnds 1A and 1B
Both rounds I lifted the same weight
side to side sumo squats 20# (I used a kettlebell which is more comfortable to me) 12 reps
one arm row (2 moves wide and pull back) 20# 10 reps cts both moves
forward leaning glute lunges using step platform 15# dbs 12 reps right then 12 left
pullovers 15# dbs 12 reps
standing squats 20# dbs 10 reps
push ups body weight these are done as 5 reps of 1 and the 2 halfs
rear lunges off step 15# dbs 12 reps
close grip bench press 15# dbs 5 reps as 1 and 2 ct
repeat fro round 1 B
Rounds 2A and B are the same
side lunge 20# (I used a 20# kettlebell for easier grip than Bowflex) 12 reps both sides count 1
biceps curls 15# dbs 12 reps
elevated push dips 3 risers 15# dbs 12 reps right and 12 left
side to front lateral raise 8# dbs 12 reps
static lunge 20# db 12 reps right then 12 left
W curls 15# dbs 12 reps
deadlifts 20# dbs 12 reps
lying extensions 15# dbs 12 reps
repeat all for 2B

I had my workout almost typed out upstairs this morning and it vanished. To my surprise when I got on here a bit ago it was back. I am on a different computer.

Roselyn, nice job getting in your workouts ahead of time.

Belinda, nice work on the early workout :)

Jolie, I remember that workout. It is nice when you need to get done sooner. I hpe packing is moving along. It always seemed overwhelming to me once I started it felt endless. I would wonder where all of that stuff came from.

Debbie, I hope things are good for you over the weekend and you can get started using the Max Trainer. Does it have adjustments at all? I have always been curious and my husband was interested.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.