Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2019

This morning I did two relaxing workouts. Both were from Kelly RAW - the Foam Rolling one and the Stretch one. I enjoyed both of these. Even though I wish Kelly would use the foam roller more on the hamstrings, I am growing to like this workout. Instead of doing the hamstring stretch that she does, I rolled out my hamstring. It felt so good, I can tell my hamstring is still not quite right.

Diane - Interesting about the kale and spinach. Just one more thing we have to worry about now. I don't have Cathe's Lite Stretch, sort of wish I did. I need major help with my lower body, especially my hips. I can see how Yvette's workouts would hurt the knees, three risers is crazy and I see she does a lot of high impact. She's still young, though. Nice job on your workout yesterday, hope you had fun with the girls!!

Jolie - So I watched that Yvette workout you did the other day. Three risers looks so daunting to me. Did it hurt your knees? I have to say, it looked like a fun workout but very hard. I may give it a try but I have to be 100% to do those. I give you and anyone else who does her workouts a huge Kudos!!!

Roxie - Sounds like you have a busy couple days ahead of you. Hope you get some sleep soon, my DH snores but so do I. We take turns keeping each other up. LOL!!

Roselyn - You are crazy too! Yvette's workouts look tough but I may try one as soon as I'm feeling better with my body tightness.

Belinda - Nice job with your workout yesterday. Where do you work?

Have great workouts everyone!!

Good morning,

Day 10 Cardio is done. Great cardio workout. I modified for the most part in the cardio I still was sweating like crazy. Time went by fast. 70 more workouts to go!

Jolie - my daughter owns her own PR/Marketing company. I am the chief administrative officer. I work from home. I do have to go into the office sometimes.

Debbie - I love Yvette, but I have to modify her workouts. She is a great instructor, plus her workouts are free for now anyway, lol. Great job this morning.

I will be back later.

Reactions: WD
Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just did Yvette Bachmans HIIT/Step with Kettlebell and Heavy weights OMG I cant believe I made it through! I had to modify the burpees with some sort of squat with a jumping jack, but other than that I did it. Workout was 1 hour and 8 minutes with the stretch, I love how she stretches at the end of each workout. Calories burned were 689 calories, average heart rate was 128 and max was 173, I was dripping again. These are the best workouts I have ever done, I love them. No they do not hurt my knees at all. I figured out what was irritating my knees, it was the leg extension exercise. Even with three risers I have no problems with knees or lower back. Today was a lot of legs, shoulders, back and biceps. Yvette uses the heaviest weights, I am picking up 25's and she is picking up 35's! This chick is strong... :)

Tomorrow I want to do, if I am not too tired, 30 minutes Chest/Triceps and Legs Heavy Weight Circuits. I love that these workouts are free. If I am too tired I will do a Cathe Live instead.

Debbie, you will love Yvettes workouts! You can modify anytime, there are so many exercise that I sub out if I cant do the burpees ect. The calorie burns you get are unreal. It took me about a week to really figure her workouts out and I cant wait to try a new one each day. She has a bunch of shorter ones in a folder on her youtube page that use heavy weights, treadmill and elliptical along with weights. Try them when you are feeling better.

Belinda, great job on the workout today. I modify some of the moves with Yvette too.

I think I lost the house I wanted to get to another person that would pay more! Where am I going to live?

I have to run, I hope you all have great workouts today, I will check back later.

Happy Hump Day.

My workout started with Lite Cardio Party calorie crush timesaver, 28 minutes, met 8.0, 202 calories, heart rate 142 average, 164 max, 2,576 steps. I then did Ice Low Impact Sweat Blizzard blast 11 minutes, heart rate average 140, max 166 met 9.5, 1054 steps. I finished off with Ice Low Impact sweat cardio #2 and stretch, 21 minutes, met 8.50, 150 calories, heart rate average 133, max 166, 1,383 steps. Total time was 60 minutes, calroies burned 436, 5,013 steps.

I had an appointment at the arthritis center and am trying to catch up on some work around here since I keep going out for things.

Debbie, I bet doing both of those Kelly stretches felt really good. I would have to go back and look to see which Yvette workout that I did. I know I had several that I had looked at and saved. I have generally been using shorter high impact workouts for when I feel I can do them. Hers are generally pretty long workouts. For some reason I am thinking that it involved a Bosu. It has been quite awhile ago. My husband and I both snore too and keep each other awake. Along with my coughing. Those are the nights when I get very little deep sleep. Yes, Yvette is younger and that makes a difference. I do less high impact than I did when I was in my 50's.

Jolie, I didn't know Yvette had shorter workouts. I will have to look. Kelly Coffey does mostly just squat thrusts and not full burpees. Sharon Twombly is a physical therapist and said she doesn't do them in her workouts because too many people don't get down and up correctly. So, I don't know how safe they are. I prefer doing them where I can grab the edge of something rather than go all the way down with my hands on the floor. My rebounder works well for that or the step. Yes, you can modify once you know the instructor and the workout well enough.
That happened to us before we moved here. We had put earnest money down on the house and someone came along with a cash offer. So, we were out. I hope things workout well for you and you find just what you want.

Belinda, great job on your workouts. LOL you are counting down how many left. I have never done that until I was closer to done and happy to move on.

I just found out that I have to go look for a house with my realtor early so tomorrow will be my rest day for the week. I hope you all have great workouts and have a wonderful day tomorrow. I will check in later in the day.

Good morning,

D11 UB + SBF stretch is done.

Jolie - nice cal burn yesterday. Glad you enjoy Yvette workouts. You can find so many amazing instructors on YT. It's all FREE :) Sorry about the house. I am sure you will find another one soon.

Diane - I usually don't count down either. Since I hit D10 yesterday, I was like I have 70 day's to go, lol. I still enjoy my workouts. Great job yesterday.

I will try to be back later. Have a great day and workout, ladies.

Sorry I'm late, I'm having a very busy day and just want to post what I did this morning. I pulled out my Kelli Roberts Foam Rolling workout and did some of that. I really like it but when she does the other side of your hips/glutes, she doesn't do the same rolling exercises. Weird. So I had to go back and redo the first part so I could do the same thing on the other side. I have been researching hamstring issues - actually my DH has been - and it seems for my issues, stretching won't work. I need to work out the hamstring with therapy balls and foam rolling. So I started today and wow, I can certainly feel my hamstring. I hope its good, but it is sore so I don't know if I just irritated it or helped it. There was a good video about runners and tight hamstrings and the reason it happens and how to prevent it. So I will try to follow that and see if it makes a difference. It all made sense so I think it will.

No time for personals, but you are all kicking butt. I'll be back later or tomorrow.

Today I did Rev'd Up Rumble Time saver #3 no combos, 28 minutes, heart rate average 136, max 163, met 7.80, 201 calories, 2,578 steps. I wore my 1.5 # gloves. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Ascending Upper Body Pyramid, 64 minutes, heart rate average 119, max 159, 1,729 steps, met 6.5, 345 calories. For the long rests I did mostly abs, planks, mountain climbers, some speed skaters thrown in and nearer the end I did some standing lower body stretching. I liked this this time better than the first two times. Although the first time I split the workout up. I finished with Lite Stretch #2, 11 minutes, 31 calories, met 3.5. Total time was 1 hour 43 minutes, 4,318 steps, and 577 calories.
Weights for Raw Pyramid all done in 16,12,10,8 reps
Chest
bench press 12,15,20,25 # dbs
flys 10,12,15,20# dbs
Shoulders
upright rows 10,12,15,20 # dbs
lateral raise 8,10,12,15# dbs
Triceps
seated overhead triceps extension 1 db used 15,20,25,30# db
skull crusher 10# dbs, 12# dbs, 15# dbs, 1 35# kettle bell
Back
seated double arm rows 15, 20,25,30# dbs
1 arm row 15,20,25,30 # db
Biceps
curls 12,15,20,25# dbs
double arm pledge curls 10,12,15,20# dbs

Debbie, you might look up some yoga tune up moves for the areas you need to work on. I have used some of those on youtube and have her knee hab and her upper body dvds and the larger yoga tune up balls. When I did the knee hab workout with my knee it helped all of my legs and into the hips. Maybe you are onto something. Hopefully it loosens things up.

Jolie, good luck finding a house today. I hope that you find something that you really love.

Roselyn, nice job getting in Yvette Bachman cardio today.

Belinda, LOL I guess I understand. When you contemplate the whole amount and hit the first 10 days it would be easy to let yourself take not how far you have gone.

So I found a bunch of stuff on Youtube about mobility and muscles. I found a couple places where they show you how to use a therapy ball under your hamstrings to loosen it up and WOW! It really works. I used a tennis ball and it was perfect. I especially like the guy who does videos for Smashwerx - he showed how to use the ball right beneath your sitbones and above the hamstring to "floss" the hamstring. Holy crap did that hurt, but after a while I could feel the hamstring loosening up and right now I feel like a wet noodle. So I guess it works. I recommend all of us doing this once in a while. He explains what happens when we always workout so hard and how it takes a toll on your muscles. Very interesting. I also watched one for the IT band and he used a kettlebell doing that movement and again WOW, I have such tight areas everywhere. That made a huge difference as well and I'm hoping doing this will take care of my knee pain. I feel so good right now, it's mind boggling.

I plan on doing this in front of the TV at LEAST 3 times a week. I wish I would have found this at the beginning of my rest week because I would have been so much better by now. As it is, I still think I need a couple more rest days to get the hamstrings/IT band loosened up. I plan on doing that this weekend and see how it goes by Monday. Amazing information.

Diane - Nice workout yesterday! I like that ascending pyramid workout but I hate how much time there is for rest. Not sure I'd do it again but maybe doing something during the breaks would be ok. I remember I walked in place and did some ab work but I still felt like I had way too much rest. But it is a great workout nonetheless. I will check out those yoga workouts on Youtube once I get the hamstring loosened up a bit more. I can't believe how much better I am feeling. Finally!!!

Jolie - How did the house thing go yesterday? I sure hope you can find something soon. If you happen to talk to your friend who has the same hamstring issue I have, tell her about what I wrote above. It is amazing.

Belinda - Wow you are on day 12 already!! Where does the time go. Nice job on the workout!!

Roselyn - Great job with back and biceps!!!

Roxie - How are you doing? I know you are having some busy days, hope all is well.

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Good Morning,

My day started at 4 with a baby throwing up several Tyson I will be hanging out at home and after putting on a pair of just washed jeans a workout will be coming up as soon as DH comes back to help watch him he took the three year old to daycare. It’s time to get my butt in gear an figure out a schedule.

I looked at houses all day yesterday and found one that I liked with a deck all the way around the house overlooking the ocean, two blocks from the beach but much smaller than the one I had wanted on the hill. I was just about to sign the papers at the end of the day and my realtor called and we ended up getting the house I wanted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!! It is 4000 square feet, 2 levels with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths on the bottom and a kitchen, living room and dinning room. A deck wraps around the whole back of the house that over looks a beautiful canyon, all you see is mountains and houses tuck within the hills. The other side of the house is all windows overlooking the ocean. The upstairs is just for my husband and I with a huge bedroom, huge bathroom with a steam shower that could fit 10 people it and a huge deck off the side that is totally secluded so I can workout outside during the summer over looking the ocean. Then there is a huge open beamed ceiling family room with a fireplace, bar and a huge area for my gym. I couldn't be happier but it will be hard to leave when I purchase a home in a year and that will have to be much smaller because my budget is not like this house would sell for :( I start moving in April 20th and I couldn't be happier, next chapter starts now:)

Anyway, today I did Yvette Bachman Moderate impact and step/multi muscle group training with 2 risers and burned 520 calories. then I felt like doing more so I did 1/3 of Hiit Cardio, Step/ Circuit and heavy weights with 3 risers. ( My favorite workout so far) and I burned and additional 220 calories I did not do the warm up. Total workout was 1 hour and 25 minutes with the stretch and I burned 740 calories. These workouts are the bomb! Average heart rate was 127 and max was 171. I will be sleeping good tonight. I have been really stressed lately so these workouts are really helping me right now to calm down because I am so tired :)

Debbie, I hope this therapy you are doing helps with your hamstring issues. What a bummer, I can only imagine how discouraging this is for you. I cant wait for you to be able to try Yvette's workouts, you will love them!

Belinda, great job on getting through this rotation, killin it!

Roxie, I hope you have a nice day and are able to get a workout in.

I will check back later to read additional posts.

I must pack now.

Jolie - congratulations on the house. It sounds lovely. Nice calorie burn, girl.

Roxie - what did you end up doing?

Debbie - time flies :) I am almost done with week 2 :) I love YT. Glad you found some workouts to help you loosing up. Great job!

Good Afternoon,

While baby was napping I did KCM Cardio Pump Interval premix on the Raw channel and I used a kettlebell instead of dumbbells because It was easier to bring with me and DD has 3lb wts. My DD said daycare lady sent her a text the stomach flu is going around I hope the other kid doesn’t get it. I dislike changing dirty diapers.

Jolie-yay on the house

Debbie- now if you could fix my foot problem we would all be doing great

Belinda-how are you

Today I did Lite Cardio Party no stretch, 35 minutes, heart rate average 145, max 171, met 8.0, 234 calories, 3,588 steps, followed by Lite Rev'd Up Rumble Calorie crush 9 minutes, heart rate average 138, max 161, met 9.30, 82 calories, 990 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Core moves, 24 minutes, met 4.0, 106 calories, heart rate average 98, max 124, 237 steps, finishing with 21 Day Fix Extreme yoga 30 minutes, heart rate average 94, max 115,115 steps, met 3, 80 calories, 4,930 steps.

Debbie, I will have to check out you tube and those ball moves. The Kettlebell use sounds interesting. I have found when my neck and shoulder hurts, using the therapy balls and getting deep into my lats and back relieves a lot of the pain. More so than just doing stretches. Stretching helps, but not as much as the balls and rolling. I have one of those shorter bump rollers that I like for some areas. Mark Chang used the rumble roller in his Tai Cheng workout. Not enough of that though. I hope this clears up the problem for you. When my low back and hip was hurting the balls and rolling did the most good.

Roselyn, getting in the back and biceps.

Belinda, nice jog getting the workout in and being almost done with week 2.

Roxie, are you babysitting? I hope the baby gets to feeling better and the other child does not get it. My 4 year old grandson had a stomach virus a couple of weeks ago, but my daughter had a long weekend and was able to care for him.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.