Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for JUNE 2022!!

Hi,

S+H legs/shoulder is done. I also walked this morning. It's hot outside. I ordered a stroller fan for Sadie's stroller.

Diane - good job yesterday.

Have a great day and Sunday.

Reactions: WD
Great workouts this weekend everyone. I forgot to check in yesterday, had a really busy day and it just got away from me. Saturday and Sunday I went for a beach walk with my son, same thing each day, 4 miles on a sand packed path, walked for 1 hour 22 minutes and I burned 645 calories on Saturday and 637 calories on Sunday. I am not feeling well lately, I have a feeling of shortness of breath and some blurry vision occasionally, especially in the morning. I think I am going to buy a Blood Pressure device because high blood pressure runs on my mom's side of the family. Also, I always feel tired. I got off the Melatonin because that maybe it, too much can do weird things to you. I tried to schedule an appointment with my doctor, and she cannot see me for 3 months!!!! WTF! I might have to go to urgent care just to see a doctor in a timely manner.

I hurt my low back right after I got back from the Chiro on Friday, I was doing some yard work and Bam, there went the low back! I hate having these low back issues, they are such a drag. I am not in a lot of pain, but I am hurting. I will try to get back there again this week. With that in mind, I might have to do more cardio and lift lighter weights this week, or if I lift heavier, it must be slow and controlled. Make it a great Sunday.

This morning I did Vera LaRo 30 min. Full Body Dumbbell HIIT Strength and I took a 2 mile walk. Loved Vera's workout. Every muscle group was worked. Each circuit 2x 30 sec/5 sec rest. It moved quick, but that got the heart rate up. Beautiful day today. Spent most of it outside.

Jolie, hope your back gets better and you see a doc soon.

Good workouts everyone.

Good morning,

Caroline G. FUEL Series 30 Min GIANT LEG DAY Workout - Dumbbells | Day 1 is done.

Have a great day.

This morning I did RAW 4 Day Split Chest and Back and had a great workout. I did well with it and tried to stay a bit heavier than in the past. The back work is hard to use heavy weights with. I can't believe Sammie used 12's for the first two exercises. They are hard to do.

I actually started on my treadmill and walked 1 mile first.

This was 1 minute per exercise going slow and controlled.

BACK
Lat Pulldown
: 10's (this was done standing, tough exercise)
Reverse Pec Deck or Scap Squeeze: 8's (this is hard for me too)
Lawn Mower: 20#
Repeat

CHEST
Moderated Pullover/Close Grip Press
: 12's
W Bench Press: 12's (this is tough)
Dumbbell Flies: 15's
Repeat

I then did the add on - RAW Egg Weights Finisher which is 14 minutes. I used my 2# dumbbells.

Workout was 39 minutes, burned 220 calories, did 1436 steps and HR was 106/155.

I did my knee PT exercises and did some stretches.

Jolie - I'm sorry to hear about your back again, how frustrating. I hope you are feeling better. Why did you go to your Chiro to begin with? Was your back already bothering you? The blurry vision and shortness of breath is concerning. Usually that's a sign of heart issues. Not so scare you or anything, but usually that is what causes that. I have high blood pressure but I only get dizzy when my blood sugar runs low or my blood pressure drops suddenly. I hope you are feeling better with that aspect as well. I just called to make an appointment for my cat and they don't have openings until August. Why? What is going on with these places?

Great workouts everyone!! I wanted to do something this weekend but just didn't have time. I got all my steps in on Saturday but yesterday was a lazy step day for some reason. I was moving all day but at the end of the day I only had a little over 5,000 steps. Weird.

Have a great day!

Today I woke up feeling fantastic, my low back is doing great and I have no pain. I hung upside down last night to decompress my spine and it did the trick. I must have just strained my low back doing the yard work. Today's workout was a TM walk uphill, 30 minutes, traveled 1.6 miles and burned 251 calories. Next, I did a total body circuit workout, I did one exercise per body part and did each set times 12 reps. I did 3 rounds of this circuit. Total workout time was 1 hour and 5 minutes and I burned 506 calories. It is so hot and humid here today it was really hard to workout in the garage, but I did it!

(3 Rounds of the circuit) each exercise I did a 2/2 count.
Chest Press- 20's x 12
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 60# x 12
Seated Overhead Press- 15's x 12
Seated Bicep Curls- 15's x 12
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 12 (need to go heavier next time)
Leg Ext.- 40# x 20
ABS- 4 exercises total to failure.

I spoke to my dad last night and told him about all of my symptoms and he really helped me out. I feel so good today, the best I have felt in months. Last night he had me take pink salt, 1 teaspoon in water and drink it. About 30 minutes later I had so much energy. As much as I sweat during my workout I am not getting enough good salt in my diet. Even though I take electrolytes he said I need to do this daily. Also, he thinks I have low blood sugar issues, so I am on all kinds of supplements again to support a healthy blood sugar level. He said I am probably going through hormone changes again since I have come out of Menopause and my body is having a difficult time adjusting. I have added numerous supplements to address the issue as of today to address the issue. I will be getting a blood pressure device to see what my blood pressure is, I would not be surprised if it is elevated, it runs in my family. I will be addressing this as well with supplements and we have totally changed my diet. I am also going to get a complete blood panel done so he can see what the real issues are if there are any other underlying conditions which I doubt there will be. But who knows. Today I feel amazing, and my eyes are perfect.

Debbie, great job on your workout today. I bet you love not being rushed in the mornings now that school is out. I went to the chiro because I have a standing appointment every month to keep me from getting too bad and really hurting. It is a maintenance appointment that I need due to my issues. When I put off going that is when I run into trouble. What are you doing for your high blood pressure? I get low blood sugar too and that is when I run into trouble. I am going to be on a strict diet to see what happens and if I feel different going forward.

Belinda, great job on the fuel workout, I previewed those last night and they look great!

I hope you all have great workouts today.

Today was just one of those days with lots of interruptions. My workout got split up. My first workout was Raw Boxing and Legs #2 which I got through the first half, 19:13 minutes, heart rate 129/152, 103 calories, I paused as groceries came from Whole Foods earlier than I expected since I had set it for before 2 and this was way earlier. It took me too long I guess, as my Garmin saved my workout stats on it's own. So, I went back and did the rest and heart rate of course had dropped by then. THis was 21:49 minutes, heart rate 109/136, 88 calories. Total time for that workout was 40 minutes, 191 calories, 2,612 steps which included putting things away. I chose this workout because it was not long and thought I would be done with it before things arrived. I finished off with Jessica Smith yoga for balance and flexibility Neck and Shoulders, 18 minutes, heart rate 85/101, 38 calories. Total time was 58 minutes, 229 calories. I am not sure what I will get done tomorrow. Hopefully things move along better. We will be going out to vote when my husband gets up tomorrow. He has to work a 12 hour shift tonight so we can't go in the morning. He needs some sleep first. I do not think I have done this raw workout before. I need to check my notebook.
My neck has felt much better yesterday and today. I hope it stays that way. I had some pain in the ribs and breast again, Saturday and into Sunday morning. I think it was because of the push ups and planks that I attempted and went on to modify. My PT did say at 6 months I could do some and the down dog up dog yoga, but it will probably be slow as it is like starting all over again with the right shoulder. Odd still that it is the left side that is bothering me.

Raw Boxing and legs #2
Boxing moves with some jacks
squats 15# dbs 8 slow and 12 quicker moving quicker
boxing/side lunge knee
side lunge pulses and singles 15# dbs
boxing/side to side step upper cut/reverse lunge kick
reverse lunge oblique turn 15# dbs
boxing
all the weight moves no rest
boxing to cool down and stretch

Jolie, here is the blood pressure device I got. It works really well and syncs to my phone on the app that also does my scale. I can send the report to my doctor or just pull it up to show which is nice. Amazon.com: Withings BPM Connect, Digital Wi-Fi Smart Blood Pressure Monitor: Medically Accurate, FDA Cleared, FSA/HSA Eligible, Connects Easily to app for iOS & Android, Grey : Everything Else
I started using a little Himalayan pink salt when I want some salt. I am so careful to keep sodium low because of Sjogren's and heart stuff. My daughter that is a dermatologist worries I am getting enough potassium and the pink salt has a better ratio of potassium and sodium. You can also just sprinkle a little in your water bottle. I am always adjusting things for my different needs with supplements. I just added back in hyaluronic acid and Qunol Ultra Omega 3 along with Osteobiflex with Boswellia in it, and also bone broth protein. I am starting to notice a difference :) Also, I love Ancient Nutrition Salted Caramel Bone Broth Protein. I never liked it in chocolate and vanilla, but this one I like a lot. I am still using collagen as well. I also upped my B Complex and am using Thorne B Complex #12. Hopefully some of my blood test results will be better in those areas that are either high or low.
I am glad you have so much more energy. I wish I could burn 506 calories in an hour. Way to go.

Cam, I am glad that you loved your workout. It is beautiful here today as well. It started cooling off yesterday and I almost felt cold when I went out to water plants after I went to my granddaughter's wedding shower. That is probably more because my husband woke up and for some reason the air was set at 80 so he turned the thermostat way down and had the fan on. I we shivering. That is the second time I have had that thermostat decide to go to 80. I thought it was my grandson since he was here the last time. I hate complicated things that work through Google and my devices. I enjoyed being outside with my dog during the evening.

Belinda, nice work on the Fuel Giant leg day.

Debbie, I Sammy does an amazing job since I know she had back surgery and when I watched that interview with her and Kelly, I guess she pushed through some workouts they did without saying anything. I have up and down blood pressure. One time it will be high and another super low. It was through the roof post-surgery and took me awhile to get it back down. I monitor though as some supplements can lower blood pressure. I don't take the statin though there is not a problem there. I try to keep it normal.

I did part of Tracy Steen Mash Up Boot Camp. The first 20 min was good. She used a bosu too. But then it went into a circuit of 100 reps. I just didn't feel doing that. It was one of her members who won a challenge and got to create the workout. Whatever. Then I did Penny's 30 min. Full Body Circuit. I like that a lot. She used a step bench, which made the workout fun. I wish she would use a step more often. She did some Cathe-like drills. I also took a 2 mile walk on lunch today. A spectacular summer day.

Good workouts Ladies. I have busy week so not sure how my workouts will look.

I had a really bad nights sleep, that usually doesn't happen to me. My DH had to be at work by 4 a.m. so he got up around 3. But we just didn't sleep well. The cats were acting up and we were tossing and turning. I felt like crap this morning and really didn't want to work out at all. But I did and now I feel great. Glad I did something.

I ended up doing a mish-mosh of RAW workouts. I started out with RAW Hi/Lo Step, which does the first part only using the floor and then the second part doing the same moves on the step. It was more high impact than I initially thought but did the floor part of it and modified. Then I did RAW Boxing Finisher, I've never done this one, I liked it. I used my 1# dumbbells for it. And then I did the ab work from the RAW Boxing and Heavy Bag the Kelly does with her son Zach. I like that ab workout, it's short and sweet.

Entire workout was 46 minutes, burned 404 calories, did 4409 steps and HR was 139/174.

Heading over to my moms to cut her grass so I'll get a bit more exercise in as well.

I don't have time for personals but you all did great workouts yesterday! Jolie, I'm glad you are feeling better!

Today I had a great workout even though I slept less than I normally do, my dog was up and barking to go out at 5am! My workout is as follows: 40 minutes uphill walk on the TM, traveled 2.1 mile and burned 333 calories. Next, I did the total body circuit, 3 rounds and x 12 reps per set. Total workout time was 1 hour and 16 minutes and I burned 560 calories. I paused a few times because I was watching the Wimbledon Tennis Tourni and I got so excited about a match I was watching during my workout.

Chest Flys- 12's x 12, x 12, x 12 (have to go heavier next time)
Cable rows both arms- 60# x 12, x 12, x 12
1 Arm Lateral Raise- 10# x 12, x 12, x 12
Hammer Curls Seated- 15's x 12, x 12, x 12
Cable Triceps Pull Downs (kickbacks)- 30# x 12, x 12, x 12
Leg Curls on machine- 20# x 12, x 12, x 12 (i have not done these in a long time) I am weak
ABS- 6 exercises to failure

Feeling amazing today!

Debbie, great job on the workout with such poor sleep, it is so hard to get going isn't it! I cannot believe your calorie burns with our new watch compared to your older ones, amazing how off they can read.

Cam, great job on the workout yesterday and the walk at lunch. Walk on!!!

Belinda, another great job on the Fuel workout, those are killer!

Diane Sue, thanks for the link for the blood pressure device. I got a Bluetooth one at Costco yesterday and it was a little high but my dad said it was nothing to worry about if I take all of my supplements and change my diet a little bit. Also, I was running up and down the stairs prior to the reading so that may have made it read higher too. Nice job on the workout yesterday, I had a lot of interruptions today too!

BBL to read the other posts for the day. Hot and humid here today, I was dripping during my workout and I started early today.

Today I did CDorner Step Intermediate 39 minutes, 3,987 steps, 196 calories. That is all I had time for today.

Cam, 100 reps would never sound pleasant to me. I do not like those types of workouts.

Debbie, sorry about the bad night's sleep. Those are miserable. Nice choices for a mish mosh this morning. I don't think that I have done boxing and heavy bag with Kelly's son on it. I may check out that ab workout.
Belinda, nice work on Fuel Upper Circuits and Cluster sets. What are cluster sets?

Jolie, great job on the workout today and the weights. My cardiologist said to find a time, usually in the evening when I am relaxed to take my blood pressure. My monitor says to keep feet flat on the floor and show sitting with the arms resting. I sit at my kitchen counter and use the 3X setting on my blood pressure device. They say the upper arm work much better than those that are the wrist ones. The main thing is to not see it in a normal range. Mine shows green if it is good. I love my blood pressure device. My blood pressure is usually a bit higher when I go to the doctor. I can't help that as I am climbing stairs in medical facilities and not relaxed after driving distance and waiting for an appointment hoping to get out of there healthy. They always tell me I am okay though and often it is a bit higher for patients than at home.

I did Caroline Fuel Leg Day Circuits. I thought that this would be a killer but it was just a nice challenge for me. I also just took a 1.5 mile walk. A beautiful night.

Good workouts Ladies!

Today I did CDorner All Standing no Equipment Upper Body, 18:35 minutes, 55 calories, heart rate 92/127. This is endurance and your arms are up a good part of the time. I then did CDorner Step workout with weights, heart rate 104/123, 37 minutes ( I realized I had it on strength and switched to cardio so 4 minutes longer than original as I started over) she uses 8# dumbbells and I used 8 and 5# . 129 calories.
Total time 55 minutes, 184 calories. This was not really a step workout, but more a strength workout. You hold the dumbbells the entire workout.

Belinda, nice work on Fuel glutes and hamstrings.

Jolie, enjoy your rest day.

Cam, nice work on Fuel Circuits and the walk.

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday, I went to Amish Country with my cousins and had a blast. I did get up early and workout, though. This is what I did:

I walked on my treadmill for 1 mile.

RAW 4-Day Split Bi's & Tri's

1 minute each exercises

Biceps
Supinated Curls
: 15's
W Curl to Rotate to Front: 10's
Hammer Curls: 12's (slow 4 counts up and down)
Bicep burnout w/Tube - I don't like tubing exercises because it seems like they really put a strain on my elbows for some reason. I used 5's and just did a burnout set that way)
Repeat

Triceps
***I changed the exercises in the triceps section so what is listed below isn't what is in the workout

Close Grip Bench Press: 15's
Overhead Triceps Extensions: 12#
Kickbacks: 5's
Kickbacks w/Tubing - Skipped
Repeat

Workout was 26 minutes, burned 202 calories, did 871 steps and HR was 125/159.

Today I did RAW Heavy Bag 3 which was an excellent workout except for the music. It was way too loud and music I don't care for at all. Wish she would have turned it down. But the workout was excellent.

Workout was 41 minutes, burned 323 calories, did 2877 steps and HR was 127/144.

Then I did RAW Stretch but only did 23 minutes of it instead of the 28 minutes it was.

I have been feeling really good lately except for my knees. But they only seem to bother me when I go up the stairs. They seem good today though.

I have to take my cat to the vets today, he's puking every day again. I need his predisone. I hope he's ok, please say a prayer for the little guy, he's my best friend.

Jolie - Great job with your workout on Tuesday, glad your back is ok. I know, there is such a difference with this Garmin versus the Fitbit. And what's cool is I can follow my cousin, his wife and his son from Italy on it since they all have Garmin's. I also follow Diane on it. So cool! They do bicycling and running around Verona and their GPS shows where they go. So fun to see.

Diane - The workout where Kelly does boxing with egg weights and Zach does it on the bag is so fun, you have to try it. It is my favorite. I've never done the one I did today, that was a good one as well, loved her combo's with it. Nice job with your workouts, the one you did yesterday sounds challenging for the upper body.

Belinda - Have you made any good recipes lately? I haven't had time. Great job with your workout yesterday and your stretch today.

Roselyn - Great job with Fuel!! Kicking butt!

Cam - Great job with your Fuel workout. How are you liking them?

Have a great day everyone!! Please say a prayer for my little kitty. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.