Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for JUNE 2022!!

I decided not to do PT today. I think some of the moves are aggravating my neck and scapular area. Maybe they need some recovery time. I slept better last night as far as the pain levels. I think something is pinching in my neck though, because I cannot look down more than a couple of seconds and the pain and stinging hits. I am unsure what to do with it right now. Today I did Kelly Coffey Build and Burn Cardio Core, doing some of the modifiers and switching moves when it was squat thrust or the planks. This was 28 minutes, 158 calories, heart rate 132/158, 2012 steps.
I followed with Build and Burn Trim and Tone Intervals premix cardio, 14:48 minutes, 78 calories, 1221 steps. I finished off with Perfect Flow mobility timesaver mobility basic stretch + a bit of foam rolling 26 minutes 32 calories, heart rate 73/91. Total time was 68 minutes, 268 calories, 3,233 steps.
We had more thunderstorms this morning, but the sun is out this afternoon.
My daily treat drink is a bottle of kombucha tea. I drink tons of water all day long other than my morning wake up coffee. Alcoholic beverages are dehydrating.

Debbie, I was wondering where you were at yesterday. Nice choice on Muscle Up Arms and adding to it. I saw a message the other day on the Garmin App when I could not get all of my stuff to load. They said they were working on it. At least they let us know. I have noticed it is a little slow syncing after I finish a workout. It seemed to work better today. The Anastasia Baby Cakes shade I recently purchased is a very pale pink matte. I love it. I gathered it was a new shade.
I don't like the no talking workouts. I prefer feeling like the instructor is communicating and you get to know their personality.

Jolie, great workout. I used to do the weight portion of shape up a lot. Doesn't she skip triceps or is it biceps in that one. It really gets you after 8 tabata rounds per body part. I swear if I did not work out I would probably be using a walker or something. Taking care of our health keeps us going far longer than those who do nothing. I think that I need to try adding back some SAM_E . Arthritis Foundation says studies have verified that and glucosamine chondroitin work for most people. SAM-E needs B12, folate, and B6 to work well. I take that all of the time.

Roxie, I think that I saw a video comparison of IT CC and an Elf one. IT won. I sat here till way late last night watching comparison videos. Nice work with Lower Body Fire. I hope you feel better soon.
Diane- it’s easy to get lost in that kind of stuff I can be on YouTube watching makeup videos all day

Reactions: WD
Today I did Tracy Steen 50 min. Upper Body Work It Circuit Cardio & Strength. This was a good one.

Roselyn, her PHA looks like a good one.

Good workouts everyone! It poured today, but nice now. I need to take my dog for a much needed walk.

This morning I did KCM's Total Body Conditioning Workout 2 which is a slow and controlled boxing workout using 3# dumbbells. Loved it, it was really good and my upper body was burning by the time I was done. It worked my abs really good too. Then I did RAW 4DS Egg Weight Finisher, which is 14 minutes and used my 1# sand weights for that. I was so pumped when I got done all my veins in my arms were showing. So cool, I love when that happen.

Workout was 50 minutes, burned 439 calories, did 3710 steps and HR was 137/174.

I didn't have time for my knee PT but I did stretch quite a bit. Like Daine, I feel like sometimes doing those exercises every day is overkill and may do more harm than good. My knee is doing pretty good but hurts occasionally when I go upstairs. I was able to do the squating and lunges she did in this workout although I was very careful with it.

Jolie - Great job with your workout! I will see if I have Shape Up or see if it's on her channel. Sounds like a great workout. I'm not sure why I drank like I did when I was so young, it was weird because I was such a good kid and never got into trouble. It wasn't like I was an alcoholic, just when I hung out with my cousin - but still, really stupid to do. My last day at work is the 15th. :)

Roxie - Hope you are feeling better today. I just ordered Urban Decay's new pallet - Sin. It's pretty. I saw Angela Bright do a tutorial video using that pallet and I had to buy it. LOL!! I also can watch Youtube makeup and hair videos all day long. LOL!! Love makeup! I always have. I'm not impressed with IT Cosmetics.

Belinda - Glad you got home safely. It is so hard to lose someone we love, especially when they are still so young. I miss my brother in law so much, I can't believe it. It is very hard to deal with sometimes.

Diane - I agree, I sometimes think doing the PT exercises every day is overkill. That is one reason I didn't do mine this morning. My knee was really bothering me yesterday, today it's ok. I just stretched the muscles around it which I think I need to do more of. I will have to check out that pink pallet you are talking about. I do not care for IT Cosmetics. I have three things by them and am not happy with any of them. I have the Your Skin but Better - not impressed, I bought an eyeshadow that would be ok if the shade were a bit darker, but it doesn't go on very well and I have the IT Bye Bye Pores. It's ok but I like other brands better. I guess we all like different things and that is fine. I love Elf products.

Cam - Nice workouts!

Doreen - Where are you?

Roselyn - I might try Caroline again when I'm on summer break. I did like the workouts, they were good. I may have to give it another go!

Take care everyone, have a great day!

Good Morning,

I am feeling better getting ready to go to work but wanted to comment on some thing.

Debbie-I love elf products but the camo cream is a little heavy on me and doesn’t look good at the end of the day same as the ABH foundation you like it but it’s not working for me right now. I just saw where elf is coming out with 3 new putty blushes and 2 of them have caught my eye. The IT eyeshadows do take some building as for the cream it was one of the free products I got but I use Monat skincare.

Today is a rest day for me, I have a lot of errands to run so I want to get out early today, so I am finished before traffic gets in the early afternoon. Day #11 with no alcohol and I notice my skin looks a bit better. Don't get me wrong, I am going to have a glass of wine maybe on weekends or special occasions, but not ever during the week!

Debbie, great job on the boxing workout with the 3# hand weights, wow! Also, nice calorie burn too!

Roselyn, I am glad you are enjoying your workout rotation right now, I love when something new gets us excited about working out!

Diane Sue, I agree, maybe too much PT is aggravating your body and it might just need a rest from it all. I hope you had a good night's sleep last night.

Cam, nice job on the workout yesterday and I am happy that the rain let up so you could take your pouch out for a walk.

Roxie, I have seen on social media there are now sunscreen drops you can add to your favorite moisturizer instead of buying sun products for your face or products that already have it in it. Do you have those at the store and can you tell me what brand I should buy?

Doreen, I think you may be on vacation since you are not checking in, if so have fun!

Make it a great day.

Jolie-I don’t know about the drops but I use Tula as a primer everyday it has an SOF of 30 and Super Goop Face when we go to the lake.

Checking in with Vera LaRo 40 min Legs & Glutes No Repeat. It was a good lower body workout. My dog had surgery today, so my husband is picking her up right now. Should be home soon. A cyst and removing her infected canines. Hope she will be ok. She's been as healthy as a horse. Not sure what to expect tonight but I hope she heals well.

Hi,

I am still very tired from 18 hour drive. We took a few breaks to walk Sadie and stretch my legs. My knees are so swollen from the endless driving. I will continue with Cathe's May rotation next week, I already missed too may day's. I took it easy today, I did SBF Bounce Cardio plus seat.

Debbie - thank you! Your brother in law and my husband cousin, too young to pass away. I thought my husbands cousin was my husbands age, he was only 53 :( It's very hard to lose someone we love. He will be missed.

I have an very early pulmonary appointment tomorrow morning. I will not check in until later in the evening.

Today I did CDorner Aerobics/Hiit/Stretch 20/20/20 All In One, 58 minutes (I skipped a little) heart rate 95/128, 163 calories, 3209 steps. Again my heart rate was not getting up there and I was doing jacks and split lunge jumps with a loop band for upper move. I looked at some answers to questions online and they suggest warming up a few minutes before starting? Also said to rinse off the watch after workouts. I usually just wipe it off and put it back on after my shower. I shut it down later and restarted. I hope that does the trick. I also shut down my cell and turned it back on since I do not do that very often. Or maybe I am not working hard enough. I liked the workout and she did give some alternative moves, although the down to the floor ones I did not try today. They mess with my shoulders and neck. This was a hi/lo workout for 20 minutes, then a hiit which included some loop band work between some of the cardio hiit moves which seemed longer than 20 minutes, but maybe it was just me as she added bonuses and ended with pick one of three moves to finish as these were timed, then a nice 20 minute stretch. She says you can choose separate ones if you want, although I couldn't see how to do that as there is a warm up and she talks for about 10 minutes I think. Maybe she will remove the chatting live. I did not push though and figured the band pull with the split jumps was enough work on my upper back. My neck is better this evening, but it really hurt this morning.

Roxie, my problem is I get my housework done in the evenings when my husband goes to work and then I get on the computer and spend hours till I am nodding off watching videos and researching things. Make up, clothing, hair, health etc..

Cam, I am glad you liked the Tracey Steen upper body workout today. I do not mind so much if it rains, but not when it rains so much half of my backyard is full of water. Two of my juniper trees are dying. One died last year and we replaced it. When we dug it out the hole was full of water. If it didn't rain we got run off from the neighbors sprinklers. I had my sprinklers adjusted this year so the grass gets more of the water than those trees. It is beautiful outside after a rain and when the sun comes out. I hope your dog mends quickly. So far my dog who is almost 9 years old has not had anything other than once she started losing hair and I was trying everything. The vet thought is was seasonal alopecia. I don't think so though as he gave her medicine and I made sure we spent more time outside in the sun as she really did not want to be outside all that much. Never had a problem again. It was sad looking at her nice shiny black coat falling out and leaving bald spots.

Debbie, great workout. Maybe you could look at the dvds on Coffey fit raw and find shape up. I know I mainly used the weight one like Jolie did. I don't know why we do some of the things we do when we are young. I guess we have to learn consequences on our own. I have not purchased a lot of IT stuff yet. I was interested in the newest foundation. I saw a lot of women around my age loved it. I have used Tarte foundation in the tube for years. That and the Tarte Primer foundation that I wear a lot if I am going out in the sun for an extended amount of time or under the foundation for some special occasion. I kind of would like to find something with a bit of a more moisture look. I bought some Jane Iredale BB foundation which is pretty thick and water proof. It is okay, but I find if I am not careful after a few hours, since my skin can get oily, it gets in creases. It is the lightest they had and I use it now as more of a highlight shade along cheek bones and under eyes to brighten that area and it works with the Tarte okay. The baby cakes color from Anastasia is a single. I am using that one with 100% pure petal matte and Elf white matte shadow and they blend nicely. I have got where I mostly like singles because so many pallets have lots of dark colors that I will never use. 100% pure shadows really seem to go on much lighter and more forgiving than some heavy shadows. I have a couple of the singles and have had 3 different pallets and I used the colors in them. I like the pallets as they come with 3 shadows, a blush and a highlight. I have had no luck with100% pure foundation though other than their foundation powder. The other broke me out. I contacted them and they tried to help. Had me send a picture. They sent me another foundation for free, since the first recommended did not work for me. It was too orangey. So I gave up on that. Otherwise I love their skincare products.

Jolie, I hope that you had a nice rest day and nice work on day 11 and noticing a difference. When I was going to PT and I had two days back to back I was in so much pain I dreaded going back. I kept thinking I should have recovery days. Fortunately that shoulder is pretty good right now. Sunscreen drops sounds interesting.

Belinda, it is rough riding in the car like that. I always have sore legs and hips along with my neck. Car seats are not ergonomically right. That head rest pushes my head forward. I usually have a hard time straightening up when we arrive at our destination. I prefer short trips. It is sad when our loved ones lives are cut short. My mother was 60 when we lost her and that was tough. She had a battle with ALS.
I bet the bounce workout helped a bit today. My heart goes out to you.

This morning I walked on my treadmill for about 25 minutes, burned 109 calories, went 1.38 miles and HR was 81/96. Wow, low. Was I even awake? LOL!!

I also did CDorner's Neck and Shoulder stretch that I love to do so much. It's only 18 minutes. My neck has been bugging me, I sure hope it isn't from that accident. It doesn't feel any different from when I usually have neck tightness. I've been sitting at my desk for hours so I'm sure that is the cause. I can't wait for my summer break.

Roxie - I really love the ABH foundation, I'm almost out of my summer color one so I'll have to get another one. For me it goes on really nice and lasts all day. It's very moisturizing, too. I also love the Sephora Best Skin Ever or something like that. That is a good one, too, just not as reflective as the ABH. I might try the Elf Putty Blushes as well, I haven't seen them anywhere yet. The skincare I use is not a line, but different brands. I love Timeless, The Ordinary and Olay products. I use a mixture of these both morning and night. Love the results I have gotten from them.

Jolie - I've also seen the drops with SPF for foundation. I'll go back and look at some of the Youtubers I watch and see if I can find it. I thought Elf had one but not sure. Hope you enjoyed your rest day!

Cam - I hope your dog is ok. My cat caught a mole this morning, that was fun. I hear this squeaking noise and knew immediately what it was. He carried it around the house, kept dropping it, it would run and then he'd chase it again. LMAO!! He finally finished him off. So gross!!

Belinda - I hope your appointment goes well today and I hope your knee is better.

Diane - Great job with your workouts. I want to do a step workout so bad but so afraid I'm going to mess my knee up again. I really want to get on my Max Trainer again, I miss that workout. Hopefully by the time I'm on break I'll be able to use it. I think Shape Up is on Kelly's channel, I need to sit down and find it. I'm so glad she posts all those DVD's on her channel. So worth the cost she charges. I have never tried any BB foundations. I'm happy with the ones I'm using now and I have a lot to use. So once I use all of them up I'll get something different. Right now I'm using Anastasia Beverly Hills, Sephora's brand and L'Oreal Age Perfect foundation. I love all of them. I have the IT Foundation but not crazy abou it.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

I guess I've forgotten to check in this week. My husband was helping at the church at summer day camp so my schedule was a bit weird.

I rode my bike to work today - 7.5 miles in 32 mintues... however it will take me at least and hour to make it back home as I have to climb 700+ feet in elevation over the 7 miles. So hopefully it doesn't rain or I will have to have my husband come pick me up.

Today I had an excellent workout, CL #185 Pumped Upper Body which had an AB section at the end of the workout. Workout was 1 hour, I had to pause a few times to set up, and I burned 408 calories. This is a good workout if you want to lift heavy, it is 3 rounds of exercises for two body parts at a time, x 12 reps, x 10 reps, x 8 reps with really no breaks at all. I am pumped! I had to sub out some of the AB exercises with my own just to be careful of my back. Also, I added some leg extensions at the end just for fun!

Debbie, great job getting the walk in but that heart rate is really off. Do you clean your watch where it touches your skin, lotion and oils can cause a build up and then it does not track your information correctly. Please let me know if you find those SPF drops from your YouTube people you follow. I just want to add it to my serums that have no sunscreen in them or maybe even my Retinol.

Belinda, wow on the 18 hour drive, I would be dead!!! Just going to see my son in college is a 9 hour drive and I can barely manage that distance.

Diane Sue, Great job on the workout yesterday. I just do not understand when your watches don't track our information correctly, I do not seem to have that problem lately since my watch is new.

Doreen, welcome back. Great job on the bike ride, holy smokes that would kill me :)

Cam, I hope your pup is doing ok today. I am sure he will recover quickly.

Roxie, Please look in your store for the sunscreen drops, they are in a bottle like the Tan Luxe products for self tanning. Do you work at Sephora or Ulta?

Make it a great day.

Good Afternoo,n,

Our baby is sick again vomiting and not eating and our vet does have an opening to get her in he suggested bone broth and a vet hospital and I had a crown fall out it’s not been a good day plus it was busy at work and I have a t- ball game to go to and a wedding tomorrow.

Debbie-the ABH isn’t sitting well on my skin right now and I have the Sephora but can’t wear it now that I work for Ulta so I am giving it to my oldest DD. Today I wore Urban Decays Hydromaniac skin tint.

Jolie-I work at Ulta. Restocked self tanners today but really didn’t look at anything

Today I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 Lower Cardio Step Jam( I like that she uses the smaller high step ) for her step workout and strength) This was 32 minutes, heart rate 134/151, 189 calories, 3,568 steps. I guess shutting my watch down and turning it back on helped. I then did Walk Strong 3 Lower Body, 29 minutes, heart rate 102/137, 94 calories, 393 steps.. I finished with Walk Strong 3 Total Body Stretch 17 minutes, 27 calories, heart rate 75/96. Total time was 78 minutes, 310 calories, 2,961 steps.
Walk Stron 3 Lower Body
I used 8 and 10# dumbbells this time. Usually I have used 15 and 20# dbs.
Group 1
squat off side of step with 2 risers which is optional 8 slow then more quickly 10# dbs right side
reverse lunge off step alternating 8 reps each side 10# dbs
single leg deadlift 10# dbs 16 reps
break -standing hamstring curls and leg lifts
repeat starting on left side

Group 2
lunge with one foot on step 10# db 16 reps right followed by
hip hinge in same position with step 10# db
break -calf raise leg lift
repeat left

Group 3
goblet squat 10# db 16 reps
side lunge/lateral leg lift 10# db 8 reps right and 8 reps left
break- speed skate hold each side
repeat

Group 4
balance on 1 foot tap off side of step dipping toe 10# dvs 16 reps
plies on toes with 8# dbs 16 reps
repeat on other leg

Group 5
bridge walk out on heels and back 3 times and repeat 4 times
star plank leg lift (I just laid on my side and did side leg lift with 8# db) Not wanting to irritate shoulder
repeat on other leg

Debbie, I bet your neck feels so much better when you are not sitting at a desk and computer so much. I like trying new makeup, but some of those foundations are so expensive and if I do not like them it is a waste. Although I know if the makeup did not break me out I would use it on those sit around the house and do nothing days when I do not care so much. Sometimes I just know when a couple of hours in bumps start popping up. I pretty much know by reading ingredient labels if a makeup is right off a big no not going to work. I prefer mineral sunscreen as the others can break me out. I gathered the original IT had synthetic sunscreen in it. At least I got that from a reviewer. There was only one I was interested in. I have time to think about it. My 69 year old skin is changing, and I think I could use something else.
I need to find a good shadow primer. I used to buy Urban Decay in a slightly yellow pigment that I liked. I have not been using any. My shadow would probably last longer if I got some again.
I was looking at my cover on Shape up and if I remember right the workouts alternate lower which is on and off step and some impact, and the upper tabata rounds. I always used the upper only premix the most. At the time the step and jumping made my knees hurt. It is great that Kelly has the dvds on her Raw channel and all for the one price. I liked that I was able to try the newest strength so I can imagine premixes. I do want to get the dvd. Also I got to try the first your healthy back which I had been interested in. I will say it is pretty basic, but still good.

Doreen, that ride will be some workout. Way to go.

Jolie, that looks like another tough upper body workout. I think that my watch probably needed me to shut it down and the app down so it could update after the fix that they recently did. It seemed to work fine today.

Hi,

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. I fell asleep early. I am so tired. I don't know what hit me? Anyway, I did managed to walk yesterday. I did Jessica Smith new 5K walk. I was surprised, I actually got a good workout in today.

Debbie - thank you. I will get the results next week. Hope your neck is feeling better soon. Sorry you are going through so much.

Diane - it was tough driving those distance. I am glad DH and I got too see his cousin before he passed. I'm so sorry your lost your mom at such a young age :( So sad!

Have a great Saturday.

Today I had an excellent workout, CL #185 Pumped Upper Body which had an AB section at the end of the workout. Workout was 1 hour, I had to pause a few times to set up, and I burned 408 calories. This is a good workout if you want to lift heavy, it is 3 rounds of exercises for two body parts at a time, x 12 reps, x 10 reps, x 8 reps with really no breaks at all. I am pumped! I had to sub out some of the AB exercises with my own just to be careful of my back. Also, I added some leg extensions at the end just for fun!

Debbie, great job getting the walk in but that heart rate is really off. Do you clean your watch where it touches your skin, lotion and oils can cause a build up and then it does not track your information correctly. Please let me know if you find those SPF drops from your YouTube people you follow. I just want to add it to my serums that have no sunscreen in them or maybe even my Retinol.

Belinda, wow on the 18 hour drive, I would be dead!!! Just going to see my son in college is a 9 hour drive and I can barely manage that distance.

Diane Sue, Great job on the workout yesterday. I just do not understand when your watches don't track our information correctly, I do not seem to have that problem lately since my watch is new.

Doreen, welcome back. Great job on the bike ride, holy smokes that would kill me :)

Cam, I hope your pup is doing ok today. I am sure he will recover quickly.

Roxie, Please look in your store for the sunscreen drops, they are in a bottle like the Tan Luxe products for self tanning. Do you work at Sephora or Ulta?

Make it a great day.
Jolie - I am still tired, lol. Going to Missouri was 16 hours nonstop except a 15 min stretch my legs break. We ended up up with 18 hours drive going home. There was a lot of constitutions on the high way. I was dead, lol. Great job on your CL. Did you sign up for a month?

This morning I did Penny Barnshaw 55min Serious Strength Circuit. Wow! That was phenomenal and I was challenged. I had to pause a couple times for longer breaks.
Going to my HS Reunion shortly. The old neighborhood will be there and my good friends. Can't wait to see everyone.

Today I had an excellent workout, CL #25 Strong Upper Body and Core, I added legs and the rowing machine at the end. For legs, I did DB squats, leg extensions and deadlifts with bent knees. The rowing machine I put on the highest resistance and rowed for 100 strokes, boy are my legs and back going to feel it tomorrow. Today's workout was one body part at a time, 3 to 4 exercises in a row and then repeating it 2 more times. Each set is X 12 reps, my muscles are so pumped right now, I love it! Workout time was 1 hour 10 minutes and I burned 476 calories. The rowing helped me burn some calories because I was really working for the last 20 strokes.

Cam, I hope you had a great time at your high school reunion!!! I never went to one, I went to a boarding school, I was a day student, so it is really hard to get everyone together since they came from all over the country and the world. My teachers were priests from Zimbabwe and New Zealand. However, I keep in touch with some of my best high school friends via social media. Great job on the workout yesterday.

Belinda, I hope you are feeling better today and have more energy. Great job on the walk workout.

Diane Sue, I find that closing down my watch and re starting it really does help to update it and to work out any issues I have with it.

Make it a great Sunday!

Just did Michelle Briehler 30 min PiYo Cardio Hiit. Wow that was a doozy! A little tired today. Had a great time at the reunion. It was fun reminiscing about the good ole days. We vowed to stay in touch.

Jolie, good workout! You are really hitting it.

Beautiful day today. Need to enjoy it because rain and hot weather on tap this week.

Enmoy the day everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.