Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for June 2021

I did CDoerner STep and strength this morning. INteresting in that she used the step topper for some of the strength moves.

Reactions: WD
I'm a bit late but had to do some grocery shopping with my mom. It is a challenge with her being almost blind and all. But she does pretty good considering.

I walked on my treadmill to put mileage against the 6 mile walk/run I'm doing for domestic violence. Well, against domestic violence but you know what I mean. So here are my stats and since I have to turn in my FB stats I'm a bit teed off about it.

60 minutes, burned 348 calories (TM said 413), went 2.8 miles (but my TM said 3.16 which is definitely what I walked), did 7132 steps and HR was 109/129.

This pisses me off because I wanted to get 3 miles in and even though I went almost 3.25 miles, my FB showed only 2.8 miles. My other FB's used to be exact with my treadmill with mileage so what changed? I hope my DH gets me a Garmin for Christmas. This thing is junk. I'd say something to FB if I thought it would help but they will just ignore it.

So I need to walk another 3 miles tomorrow but I have 3 total miles from June 5 until now so I can send those as well. I'll try and do 3 tomorrow just in case.

Diane - I also try to keep up with Chris or Kelly or whoever I'm working out with but sometimes my body just doesn't like it. My knees have been bothering me again so all that jumping sometimes hurts me. I modify when that happens. Pres. Trump is coming to Wellington, OH next Saturday which is pretty much in my backyard. I want to go so bad but I'm afraid there will be thousands of people there. I'm so excited that he will be here. I'm sure the local news won't show anything of it though. I'll have to watch OAN or RSBN, they go everywhere with him and post it live. When I was out shopping I passed someones house that had a flag hanging inside their door that said "Biden Sucks" LMAO!!!

Belinda - I'll have to look into the Starch Solution. I've heard it was really eye opening. Hopefully they sell it for the Nook. Or I'll buy the hardcopy.

Have a great day everyone!!

Today I did CDonner Step and Strength from yesterday and used 5# dumbbells. She says you can go heavier, but she went light(I am not sure how much but I think around 5# because of her shoulder issue) She mentioned someone else using 10's and said you could go 15's or whatever works for you. It is partly using the step platform as well and I did not need heavy today as my legs and glutes are sore this morning, This was 45 minutes, heart rate 129/163, 216 calories, 3,280 steps. This one does pretty much basic step and stops for some strength moves some using the platform (or weights if desired) for rows, upright rows, squats etc.. She does one set of plank work on each round of strength. I did some of it on my forearms and when she did planks and knees in to the sides, I just did the move standing. She offers suggestions in place of overhead moves.
I then did the Low Impact Cardio that she did today, 43 minutes, heart rate 139/173, 248 calories, 4,262 steps. TOTAL TIME 88 minutes, 456 calories, 7,542 steps. This moved along okay, but I was not wild about the music. Some of it I recognize, just not fun music to me.
Funny, she quoted her burn and was over twice what I got and I am pretty sure mine are close to right for me. I think some were commenting on getting lower burns and she said that is alright. Everyone burns calories differently. Anyway I felt I got a great workout in today. I had planned on doing half of the low impact cardio, but ended up keeping going on it. I kind of wanted to do the neck and shoulder stretch she has. Maybe later, but I need to clean floors good when my husband goes to work as he is off I think the whole next week and we have family gathering Sunday. They keep stirring up dust outside and it coats everything. I did clean two days ago, but I can see and feel the dust.

Belinda, I can feel the results of yesterday's lower body work. Nice job yesterday and with Cathe Live today. Antibiotics and ibuprofen along with Excedrin all do bad things for my digestive system along with making me feel ill. I try to avoid them, but sometimes you just cannot. I am sorry you are having to take so many antibiotics.

Doreen, same workout for me today too. I did find it different with picking up the topper. I was grateful she was not one of those instructors that wanted you to swing it overhead and stuff.

Debbie, that is too bad Fitbit is giving you such lousy readings. I remember trying my Whithings app with my Fitbit and the mileage was different. It would use GPS and during cardio it looked like someone scribbled all over the screen LOL When you want correct mileage that would be frustrating. The only thing about the Garmin that I wish was different, and I did know before purchasing is that it has to be charged more often. But, I do have a lot of functions running all of the time and wear it to bed. I just plug it in in the morning before my workout or after and do it while I bathe. It charges really fast. It is not all of the way down and could probably go a couple of days, but I like it fully charged just in case. The newest Samsung that I was looking at people said stayed charged really long. There were some other issues though and the Garmin Vivoactive 4S won out for me and my needs. I charged the Fitbit almost every morning anyway. I always hoped it would work better LOL Fitbit is useless when trying to get help. I tried everything I could find with my Fitbit and just got sick of it. I think my husband got tired of hearing about it. He kept telling me to quit using the silly thing. No real complaints with the Garmin and I love their app. I tried different faces on it and just went to black and white. Maybe someday I will change it, but just like it simple right now. Oh, and the 4S is the smaller version of the Vivoactive. I guess the non 4S is a little bigger watch face. People are so touchy, I can imagine why they would hang their sign inside the door. Our area we live in right now has the thin blue line flags and American flags hanging all over. We are in a predominantly conservative area and I was reading people jumping all over someone on Nextdoor neighbor who was offended by peoples flags and stuff they hang. Well, right now our government is an embarrassment and we are really turning into a target for these other countries that want power. There is nothing worrisome to them by a lack of strong leadership.

Hi,

I talked to my ENT doctor today. She said the antibiotics she gave me is one of the strongest one they have. I really believe my body just doesn't response to antibiotics. She wants me to come in tomorrow, not sure when yet? She also wants a surgeon to take a look at my sinus and make sure they are not missing anything else. If I don't check in tomorrow I am still at the ENT.

Will check in after my doctor visit.

• Sad
Belinda, I am so sorry. I know they say people can build resistance to antibiotics. I hope if there is something they are missing they can figure out what it is.

Thanks Diane! I am not looking forward seeing the ENT clinic tomorrow. I took way to many antibiotics. It just doesn't work on me. Not mention, I have severe stomach cramping. I hate taking it. Hopefully I get an answer tomorrow.

Cardio and ABs today. Again, I like this workout - all dumbell ab work but lots of moves in bear or plank.

►Workout Outline: 1️⃣ CIRCUIT 1: Dumbbell + Towel 1) Bear Crawl Row + Dumbbell Slide, Right 2) Bear Crawl Row + Dumbbell Slide, Left 3) Lateral Shuffle + Pivot Press (Basketball Pass) X3 Sets 2️⃣ CIRCUIT 2: Dumbbell 1) Dumbbell Wood Chop + Single Arm Press, Right 2) Dumbbell Wood Chop + Single Arm Press, Left 3) Launcher Plank + Alternating T-Pulls X3 Sets 3️⃣ CIRCUIT 3: Bodyweight + Towel 1) Single Leg Front Back Hop into Skater, Right 2) Single Leg Front Back Hop into Skater, Left 3) Plank + Towel Knee Tucks X3 Sets 4️⃣ CIRCUIT 4: Bodyweight (Burpee Breakdown) 1) Plank Walk Out + Push Up 2) Plank Hold + Squat Hold + Squat Jump +Squat Hold (3 second hold each) 3) Burpee Push Up X3 Sets

This morning I walked on my treadmill again to get my 6 miles in. I set my FB so I can see how many miles it tells me I've done instead of the treadmill. Once again, it was almost .25 miles off from the treadmill towards the end. Ridiculous.

Workout was 66 minutes, burned 367 calories, went 3.01 miles, did 7523 steps and HR was 106/135. Glad that's over.

Belinda - Wishing you luck today, I hope they can come to a conclusion as to why you have to go through this a couple times a year, maybe it is something in your sinuses?? I'll say a prayer for you.

Diane - The battery life in a Garmin wouldn't bother me. I don't care to wear mine at night so charging it while I sleep is good with me. I only wear my FB at night a couple times a week and I often forget to check the stats. I'm sure it isn't right anyways, nothing else is. People are touchy about everything now, it's ridiculous. I agree, our government is a laughing stock. The GOP does NOTHING to help it either.

Great workouts Roselyn and Doreen!
Have a great day everyone! It's raining and we are supposed to get some strong storms. I'm going to get my grocery shopping done soon so I don't get caught in it. Have a great weekend!!

Today I did CDorner Step #118 intermediate/advanced 61 minutes, heart rate 125/152 5,481 steps. I then started the today's quick step with Chris and at 12 minutes it froze and I could not get it to work. Also could not get anything else to work either. So, I put in Cathe's perfect 30 timesaver mobility stretch and did a little of it getting through the neck stretches when my husband asked if I wanted to go with him to get his drivers license. I stopped and rushed through a shower. Anyway this was 18 minutes total time, 32 calories, heart rate 81/103, 98 steps.
Total time this morning was 79 minutes, 314 calories, 5,513 steps.
It is crazy how hard it is to get a drivers license renewed. My husband had to make an appointment 6 months in advance to get his and he found this out when he went to the tag agency to renew. Plus if it was not for a friend telling him to take his birth certificate and two utility bills with him, he would not have been able to get his license today. I am making note to set an appointment a year before mine is due for renewal. I got mine about 6 months before the pandemic and it was not complicated. They are changing everything. New equipment is used. People were coming in and they were telling them they would have to come in at 8 am and get in line to set up a time. Also the lady everyone was talking too said they were booked their for a year. Yikes!

Belinda, sending prayers your way today.

Doreen, that looks like a great workout. I wish I could do it.

Debbie, I monitor my sleep to see what works to get the enough of the right sleep so I do not feel so tired all of the time. I can tell by the insights on it, when I am more than likely going to be drowsy all day. The Garmin gives accurate hours sleeping and stats, but it does not seem to count getting up to use the restroom, or some of those wakeful times at night as being awake. So, probably not as accurate as Fitbit. But it does give me deep and rem sleep which makes a difference more than time does for me. It is stull useful. Also it measures Sp02 with sleep and respiratory stuff. Using the sleep also helps with the body battery calculations which lets you kind of know when your body needs more rest. If I start in the morning with only 45 or 50 body battery I am usually fatigued quickly. Which on tips it offers up is that maybe a break is in order to get some rest. Mine is higher on the days when I rest and sit around the house, then next day it is much higher. Mine is never 100%.
With our leaders, it is partly the people's fault for not searching out strong leaders and government officials when they go to the polls. They look for the people that will give them stuff and that is ridiculous that votes can be bought that way. It is like anything else, you may have a group of people and someone needs help and most of them stand around looking for someone else to take the lead. I am glad that we do have a few that try to fight the mess that is being made. Good for Texas taking care of their own people. I am so tired of it all. Seeing all of this dreary garbage is not encouraging for people at all.

Well, I have taken a few days off and my upper body and toe feel great again. Unfortunately, my low back is out big time and when I sit down or lay down I can barely get back up again. I went to the Chiro on Thursday and he helped me about 50% but now I feel horrible again. I think it is a spasm and we all know how painful those can be. I am going to go out for a slow long walk to see if that does anything for it, maybe it will loosen it up a bit. Standing I am fine, it is the sitting that kills me. If It doesn't, I have to go back to the Chiro. I swear, my doctor and I looked back over my chart for the last 5 years and this has happened every June right before the 4th of July every darn year!!! WTF! Anyway, it is a process but it is fixable Thank you Lord Jesus. I have a bulging disc and nerve damage from getting two Epidurals from 2 C Sections and it has bothered me for the last 19 years. But, I have two beautiful boys so I am not complaining, I am just in major pain.

Everyone is doing great with their workouts this week! It really felt great to give my body a total rest for 4 days, it was much needed.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

Hi guys,

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. DD is visiting and staying through the weekend. The ENT appointment never happened yesterday, They called later afternoon, no way I was going to make it on time with the traffic. We do have to drive 1.5 hours one way. I have an appointment for Tuesday morning. If something happened this weekend I can always can go to the ER this weekend. I did finally went and ordered my prescription reading glasses and sun glasses. I thought I just could go buy reading glasses anywhere. Turns out Costco was right about my reading glasses, I can't just buy them onlineI am really thinking about lasik surgery in the future. Costco can't do prescription reading glasses or sun glasses that high.

CL# 209 Super Sets is done.

Debbie - thank you! I will find out on Tuesday. I didn't mind waiting a few day's.

Diane - thank you!

I will catch up on personals later.

Today I did A little of CDorner Pointer Sisters dance cardio and was just not getting my heart rate up much so I did her Cardio Party which is a fun workout so both totaled 58 minutes heart rate 145/185, 345 calories. I then did deep quick stretch that froze on me yesterday which was 15 minutes, heart rate 81/105, 73 minutes, 371 calories, 5,436 steps.

Belinda, that is such a long distance for an appointment. I hope the weekend is okay for you and you are feeling better.

Jolie, I hope they can make things better for you. Glad you are better.

Roselyn nice work on Cathe Hiit.

Good morning,

I did Perfect 30 mobility this morning. I am not sure if I have done that one before? It felt more like a yoga workout than mobility. Or I wasn't ready this early, lol.

Diane - my ENT doctor is very far from where I live. Traffic is definably picking up again in DC. I stopped using the steroids rinse, I felt it made it worst. I still have pressure in my sinus. I am hoping it will disappear by Tuesday. It has to get better at one point. I am also going to make an appointment with my Rheumatologist, I need to get off the medication I take for RP. Ever since I been taking it, I feel sick constantly. My immune system is down. I can't catch a break.

Jolie - I hope you feel better soon. Sorry to hear you in a lot of pain.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Good Morning,

DH and I took A load of stuff to our new house and I vacuumed the whole thing, it’s amazing how much that works the core and mine is week. Today we are hanging out at the lake. It’s fun picking out wall colors and find organizers for things looking at new washer and dryers and vanities. We were told our area has a big 4 th of July parade barbecue and fireworks party. We met a couple of the neighbors yesterday.

Debbie - I made the vegan cheese sauce you posted awhile back. OMG! It's so delicious! The sauce is better than the one I eat at the vegan restaurant. Thank you for sharing!

No workout today. We had family time celebrating birthdays and father's day. I will do one tomorrow, but then we are going out of town till Friday. My grandson will come and take care of our dog. I may do something when my husband is in meetings, but generally do not like working out in hotels.

Belinda, I am sorry that you are reacting to the meds so badly. Some of them really do tax the immune system while trying to help something else.

Roxie, it is fun setting things up in a new home.

Good morning,

I went for a nice long walk this morning. I probably will do a barre workout later.

Diane - I believe those meds are taxing my immune system, I just hate feeling like this daily. Glad you had fun celebrating birthday's and Father's Day. Be safe and have fun on your trip. You always can workout in the hotel room if you don't like using the gym.

BBL!

Good morning. We took my husband fishing yesterday for Father's day. He didn't catch anything but said he had fun anyway. My daughter and I wen kayaking while he fished and my son went hiking. We took the puppy and tried to get him to sit in the front of the kayak. He did for a while but ended up jumping out twice and then panicing because he doesn't know how to swim yet and we had to haul him back in.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.