Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for June 2021

Doreen, I love Susan Chung workouts. Nice work today.

Debbie, I like all of the Box and Pump workouts, but number 2 has always been a favorite. I haven't done the newest one though. So cannot compare. That neck and shoulder stretch of CDorners is such a good one. I have added that upper portion from the foam roller that I did the last 3 days to it and boy does that help. That does seem like a waste of time case if there was not proof. How silly. I have not had jury duty once, that I did not come home with a massive headache. We have a guy mow ours since we do not have a mower and no way was I using the push mower we had for our tiny yard. It is bad when someone lets theirs go that long. Usually you would think they were out of town or the house was empty. I remember though that when reading next door neighbor, someone was thanking whoever came over and mowed their lawn as it was someone who had been shut up inside sick for quite awhile and not able to handle it. Does that neighbor normally let it go? That is just like our media, to make sure they did not post pictures after everyone arrived to the Trump rally. They irritate me to no end. It would be fun to go to one of his rallies. Gives a person some hope because there are those that truly love our country and freedom. I sure hope they don't try to make the vaccines mandatory. They need to study this out and results for quite some time and even then I really do not think I want one. I had the virus, I made it through it and I don't want to take the chance and get the vaccine and then have something go wrong. Besides I read doctors say it can make flare ups in RA and tried to say it was probably worth dealing with a flare up. No way is it worth it the extra pain. Nope! I think if they try to force it they will have a backlash from people.

Belinda, that is great that your husband helped with meal prep. It would be best if mine did not see what I put in his food :p I love rhubarb. My mother used to grow it when I was young and we lived in Colorado. She would make rhubarb pie. I have seen other recipes using it. My mother made chokecherry dishes and gooseberry pie. I bought canned gooseberries once and was so disappointed in how the pie tasted though. Not like my mothers. I had plans to try the 10 day Fix it With Food to help with the arthritis and inflammation, but got side tracked last night when my husband bought me pasta primavera from dominos along with cinnamon bread, so today I will, but still using my Vital Proteins Performance lactose free whey with collagen powder though. I cut some of the fat out of those recipes because the chef uses a lot of olive oils poured in everything.
I do worry about family members that got the vaccine and am very hopeful that there is not any bad side effects in the future. It also seems odd that they would keep pushing something that causes blood clots in some people siting it is just a small amount. I don't know, it is just wrong to keep pushing it. People should be able to make the decision on there own with all of the side effects and knowledge put out accurately for them to view. Not hiding info to try to get it out to everyone. I will look at the China Study and Starch Solution.

Jolie, great job on the walk and the hill climb. You really had your heart rate up there during the climb. Kelly does a lot of workouts that have cardio and weights involved. I bet that you would like some of them. I really like her Raw Channel. I don't know how many she has put on youtube though. I know there are a few and she redid some of those first ones on her raw channel.

Today was a body weight workout I subscribed to DLB daily I did her 6 week summer shred and loved it her workouts this week are alot of body weight and i was sweating just needed a change. It was 7 dollars a month

I hope they don't make vaccines mandatory (I had to working with seniors) but I don't thinkit should be mandatory

No workout for me today :( - I had a foot procedure yesterday and didn't expect it to hurts like it did last night, especially since I've had several done in the past. I get these hard nodules on the bottoms of my feet, they aren't plantar warts but similar. So the doctor has to cut them out and then place acid on the spot. Usually I'm good to go but for some reason it hurt this time. It's not so bad this morning but I still don't want to jump around on it or walk on my treadmill. I lifted yesterday so I don't want to do that two days in a row. So anyways, no workout today.

Belinda - What happened to your shoulder? Hope it's nothing major. I don't care for Rhubarb at all. My mom and dad used to grow it and my mom made pies with them. I hear they taste like strawberries? I don't think they can make any vaccination mandatory and I hope it stays that way. Are you still doing the meal planning thing with FOK? How do you like it?

Jolie - I think you would like Kelly's channel. No, she's not on Youtube, although a few of her workouts are. Go to this website: https://coffeyfit.com/ - scroll all the way to the very bottom, and you can sign up there. However, I think you need to get the Amazon Firestick in order for it to work on your TV. I use an app on my smart TV which I still don't know why it's working. It's called VHX. Read about it and decide It's worth every penny and I think it's around 8.99 now. I haven't gotten charged in a while so not sure why?

Diane - I want to try the 30 Minute HiiT workout Chris put out yesterday. Is this the one you did yesterday? I think it was live at noon yesterday. I'm surprised she has so much shoulder work since she is having issues with her shoulder. So weird. You'll have to try Box & Pump 4, it is a good one. Our neighbors are just losers. A father and son who live together in a house that isn't even theirs. The owner died in November and now the house sits with them inside, not paying any of the bills. Eventually the bank will evict them. There is no other reason for them not cutting the grass other than they are lazy. I feel like calling the township on them but they won't do anything about it. It's so frustrating.

Roselyn - Nice job on your workout, that sounds like a good thing to subscribe to. I might check it out

Doreen - I have a few Susan Chung workouts, she is good.

Have a great day everyone!!

Debbie, the second workout I did was the new Hiit workout. She does it outside. It is not a fast paced workout. She says if you don't want to do the Weight part you can repeat the first section.
It takes awhile to get someone evicted from my understanding. Two guys should be able to take care of things.

Belinda - what type of dog is Cooper?

This morning I did Flex Train (haven't done that one in forever) and then took Zion for a walk. I bought this leash attachment for my bike so I can ride with him. But my son and I couldn't figure out how to get it to work on my bike. I have 29 inch tires and a dropper seat post installed so where it is supposed to attach on the seat post it was hitting the tire. Finally we gave up and I sent it back. I ordered a different set up that attaches to the rear tire axle and we'll see if that works better.

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

Walk this morning is done. We went out before 7 am and it's humid. Maybe tomorrow I will walk before my coffee to beat the heat.

Wanted to pass this on. Collage Videos is offering a 30 day trial for their streaming. I signed up for the free 30 day trial. I also did Gilad Sculpt & Tone. It was a very good workout. I couldn't go heavy. I am embarrassed to say I went very light like 1- 5's for upper. Had to drop to 1 pound for shoulders. Not sure what I did with my shoulder/neck/arm. With the upper body I did what I could do. I am sure it didn't look pretty either, lol. OH well! I hope I don't regret doing this workout tomorrow. I did like the lower body exercises all standing.

Doreen - he is a mix beed. He is a lap and something else? He isn't very tall, kinda short for a lap. He is a good boy. DD takes him to training. I been practicing with him daily. He is still in the puppy stage, he wants to pay nonstop.

Debbie - the last time I did CL, the next day I woke up with my arm/shoulder feeling like a ton of weight. Through out the day, I noticed I got like a pinch/sharp pain in my left bicep mostly/up my shoulder and neck. I saw my doctor about this last he thinks I pinched a nerve. He said if it doesn't get any better to go to PT. I hardly can reach my back. It did got a little better, at least I can lift my arm up little under shoulder hight. I wasn't feeling well that day, I had a sinus infection. I do remember I went light on the weights. I have no idea what move caused this? I been icing my shoulder (and my knees) a few times a day. I am getting old. I always enjoy eating rhubarb pastry in Germany and in France. Yum! This one was different still very good. Not too sweet either, just the right amount. I don't like very sugary sweets. FOK don't use regular sugar. They used all natural sweetness like date paste. Yes, I still do the FOK meal planner. I signed up for the year. It's helping me to stay on track. The meals are delious. It does take some prepping. I bought a food processor not to long ago, I got tired of slicing/dicing//chopping. Why didn't I buy one before? I do have a Vitamix which I love and use a lot to make sauces. If they make the vaccine mandatory, I see a lot of law suits against the Pharma. The government pretty much make everyone take the vaccine or they can't go shopping. My sisters all got so they didn't had to show a piece of paper saying they don't have covid. Not to mention, everything they went shopping like Home Depot without the paper they couldn't go anywhere. My sister said the is not getting a 3rd shot. Where does it stop? There are side effects from all those vaccines. So many people all over Europe died from the J&J and the AZ shots. They are still giving it to people at their own risk, WTH? I would rather mask up in 8 layers than take those shots. In the US you can sue people in Germany you can't sue anyone.

Diane - lol. my DH eats all the same food I eat. I love the meal plan. Cooking everything from scratch is sometimes a lot of work. I love gooseberries. Used to eat them when I grew up in Germany. I can't find them here? I stopped using Vital Proteins since becoming a vegan. You should look into the Starch Solution and China study's they also take about arthritis and inflammation. What they are saying is all animal products making us sick. You can even reverse cancer just by not eating any animal products. If you google NIH you can find the China Study research by Dr.Campbel https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9860369/. It will give you an idea what the China study book is about. It's an eye opener about the food we eat and what it does to our bodies.

I will be back later.

Today I went for another walk outside, I was supposed to lift but did not feel like it today. Walk was 3.4 miles in the hills, time was 63 minutes and I burned 689 calories. It is getting warm early in the mornings now so I am going to have to get up even earlier to workout because the heat really wipes me out. Heart rate was 149/184. As you can see by my heart rate the last hill almost killed me :)

Debbie, I need to try those box and pump workouts. Are they on Youtube or do I have to subscribe to here workouts on her website? Nice job with the workout today, it looks like fun. I think I want to do workouts that include cardio and weights for the summer instead of just lifting one day and walking the next. I have some of KCM dvds I can try again, it has been a long time. Also, remember Cathe's High Step workouts, those were a lot of fun, I might have to pull those out again too. Jury duty is the worst!

Doreen, I love Susan Chung workouts!

Belinda, nice job on the walks this weekend. I have officially lost 11 pounds from my intermittent fasting and have 5 more pounds to go. Boy, I cant believe how much weight I gain over the last few years since I moved and stopped walking as much as I did in previous years. I want to be thin as I get older, it is so much easier on the joints and body.

Diane, I hope you get in a great workout today.

Roselyn, I hope you are doing well with the workouts, you haven't checked in in awhile.

Make it a great day!
Congratulations on you weightless. I just want to be healthy and not have so many autoimmune disease. I am hoping to reverse some of my problems with eating a Whole Food Plant based diet. I agree, with you losing weight is easier on the joints.

Today I started to lift weights again, but using lite weights!!! I have to build back up slowly but I will not lift super heavy ever again. I just want muscle tone and flexibility in my older years. Today was CL All In Upper Body, one of my all time favorite workouts and had a great time even though I didn't pick up a weight over 15#'s. I will work back to 20's only for Chest Press and 1 Arm Rows, otherwise I will be staying light from here on out. Workout was 55 minutes, I added in a few AB exercises and boy am I weak in the ABs! I burned a total of 346 calories.

Debbie, sorry to hear about your foot. I will sign up for the Raw workouts if I can do them on my tv, I will check out the app. Maybe I could just stream them off my laptop? Have a nice rest day.

Doreen, I haven't done that workout in Forever!!!

Belinda, nice job getting a walk in before it is scorching hot!

Diane Sue, How do you stream KCM workouts, on your computer or tv with the stick?

Have a wonderful day.

Today I did CDorner Cardio Kickboxing no equipment(todays new workout) 44 minutes, 266 calories, heart rate 147/177, 4,021 steps. I also did her new Mobility and Balance Routine for health and flexibility, 32 minutes, 55 calories, heart rate 82/100, 173 steps. Total time was 76 minutes, 321 calories, 4,194 steps. I had fun with the Cardio Kickboxing workout today. I like that Chris does not generally spend a lot of time on one super long repetitious upper body punching and boxing segment. She does a few other moves that are non kickboxing and does kicks and leg work as well. Also I always like that she gives alternative moves if you do not want to do jacks etc.. I listened to her chatter at the start of the kickboxing as she was reading a message sent to her from one of her subscribers and her battle with health and weight. It was pretty good and sometimes a bit of humor to it.

Jolie, I stream Coffey Fit Raw with her app on Fire TV stick. I use her Raw workouts on an all in one computer in the second workout space using her website. Great job on the weights today. I think I have not choice, but to go lighter with weight work in order to protect my joints. It is not so bad as I still have the muscle definition. Wish I could go heavier though just to add more muscle weight.

Debbie, I am sorry the foot procedure caused more foot soreness than expected. Maybe they had to cut a bit deeper or something. I hope it is better for you so you can work out tomorrow.

Doreen, Zion is such a cute name for your pup. Sorry things didn't work for a ride with Zion and you had to try for another. Hopefully the next one works.

Belinda, labs are pretty active dogs anyway. Gertie did go nonstop when she was a pup and lots of work training her. She still likes to play and is 8 in a month. She is slowing down a bit though. You toss her toy and play fetch and after a few catches and bringing it back she takes it to her bed and lies down. Makes me kind of sad at times. She is such a smart dog. I think my grandson's new shepherd mix wore her out when she stayed with them last week. She did not want to play at all for a couple of days. We were a bit worried as she kept going to the bedroom and lying down instead of hanging with use. She is back to normal now though. Thank you for the link. I could never find fresh gooseberries in stores. Sprouts would have been the one that I might find them, but no have not yet. They come up with some interesting produce that I have never heard of though. I am not one to like sweet stuff much at all. I hate that so many powdered flavored supplements have to make them so sweet. I got some relief from the Bulletproof collagen joint supplement, but man was that stuff overly sweet tasting and yucky. I always added lots of ice and extra water to it or put it in a little water and chugged it. I think it was the monk fruit or stevia, whichever one, it was too much.

Good morning,

Walk and LB barre is done.

I will be back later to catch up on personals. Need to pick up my glasses before the AC repair guys show up. Our upstairs AC went out, it's a sauna up there. BBL!

I was able to give my Leg Press Station to a local school and I dropped it off yesterday. :( Sort of sad to see it go but I have so much more room in my workout room now. And I just don't use that thing anymore. If I was still lifting really heavy I would not have gotten rid of it, but I don't. No point keeping it. I am dropping my weight bench off at another school in a little bit. So all I have left to get rid of is the stand alone punching bag. No one seems to want it. Goodwill here I come.

My foot is still bothering me so I decided to do RAW Upper Body Blast. Kelly must have redone this workout because there is a warmup in it now. The original doesn't have a warmup. Glad she did that. I like this workout. This is what I did:

Each exercise is 30 seconds on/10 seconds off for 4 sets
NOTE: I rested more than 10 seconds at times because I didn't want an injury to occur.

Barbell Bench Press: 25#
Overhead Shoulder Press: 10's
Dumbbell Flies: 12's
Seated Lateral Raise: 7.5's
Bicep Curls w/Skaters: 8's for 1 set; 5's for the last 3 sets
**I couldn't coordinate this with 8's for some reason. I think they were just too heavy to go as fast as she was going for me right now. I still felt it.
Squat Hammer Curls w/Hop: 8's
**I did not do the hop, my foot didn't like the skaters so I skipped the hops.
Underhand Barbell Rows: 25#
Dips: I did about 10 reps each set with a longer rest period
Seated Reverse Flies: 12's
Skull Crushers: 5's
Knee-Ins

Workout was actual 36 minutes but with my extra rest time it was 47 minutes for me. I burned all of 104 calories. I looked back and I burned as high as 256 calories with this in the past. W*T*F??? Ridiculous. HR was 74/123.

Doreen - That's cool that they have attachments for dogs and bikes. Never thought of that. What if he can't keep up with you?

Belinda - This is why I don't want to do CL workouts anymore - I keep getting hurt. I don't know what it is about Cathe's workouts, but I always injure my self. Maybe it's how fast she goes with the exercises of the types of exercises she does? That is why I love Kelly so much, I don't get hurt with her workouts. I sure hope your arm/shoulder get better soon, so annoying when something like that happens. LOL on the food processor, I have a couple different ones but find I don't use them all that much. I find they chop the veggies too much and I don't like that. I like my veggies chunky when I make things. Good for you for still following FOK meal plans, I really need to sit down and look into that. Now that I'm off from work I will have to make it a point to do that.

Diane - I definitely want to do that kickboxing workout and as soon as my foot is better I will. I'm hoping Friday. Looks like fun!! Yes, these guys next door to us have no reason whatsoever not to cut their grass other than their losers. :(

Roselyn - Great job with chest and back yesterday!

Have a great day everyone!!

Today has to be a rest day for me because my refrigerator started to act up again and I had to put everything in it into the refrigerator in the garage to defrost it to make the noise go away. I have a new one on order but I cant get it for awhile. I have Best Buy calling me back to see if I can get it delivered earlier. I am sick of doing this all of the time! Tomorrow I have a hair appointment first thing in the morning so I cant workout tomorrow either, maybe I can get a walk in the afternoon.

Debbie, nice job getting the upper body done today. I will sign up for KCM probably this weekend. I think I will just stream it off my computer and plug it into my tv. Easy enough!

BBL to read the posts for the day.

Today I did CDOrner Step # 104 with a Latin Flair (57 min.) with the last (15) minutes of the step workout #125 live she did today. This totaled 72 minutes, 326 calories, heart rate 126/170. The latin Flair one had breakdowns and it took me awhile to get some of the moves which had to be shortened because of space(Gertie wanted to lie by one end of the step) My heart rate went up when I was doing the second workout which was fun and not hard to jump right in to as it was not advanced and familiar moves from her other workouts. I will be doing the whole thing another day. I also did CDorner Relaxing mobility stretch for flexibility, 33 minutes, 43 calories, heart rate 75/95. Total time was 1 hr 45 minutes, calories burned 369, 5,528 steps. The stretches take up a lot of extra time, but I really do need to try to keep them in there as much as possible.

Roselyn, nice work on chest and back yesterday.

Belinda, nice work on Lower Body Barre and your walk this morning.

Debbie, I have felt kind of bummed with each piece of fitness equipment I have got rid of. I could use more space now, but just do not want to get rid of anything else. I just wish I could figure out a way to make it work better. I am sure you will like that you have more room. Great workout today. I know Kelly was trying to redo some of those workouts that had mess ups in them and she felt needed upgrading. I saw she has a new hi/lo cardio that uses a loop band for lower and egg weights for upper. I want to preview. I would have attempted today, but after boxing yesterday my shoulders are sore. Also right hip is achy and so I skipped the lower body. Hoping for tomorrow.

Jolie, Best Buy was pretty quick when we ordered our washer online. I have had quick results with ordering appliances on Amazon.

This morning I did ICE upper body and then a few minutes of ICE Lower Body. Just revisiting a few old videos. I think if I had known how much youtube was going to explode with good workouts I wouldn't have bought so many. But there is something different about the ones that go on DVD - the production, music, planning of the workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.