Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for June 2021

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I did SBF 7 Day Advanced HIIT Jumpstart Workout Plan, Day 1 Barre HIIT Circuit = 39 min. I am getting ready for a walk before it gets to hot outside.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

I will be back to catch up on personals

Reactions: WD
Wow, June already, where is the time going?

This morning I did RAW Kickboxing Outside, one she recently posted, and it was a lot of fun. The workout flew by. Music wasn't that great but for some reason, I ignored it today. Had a great workout!

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 287 calories, went 4301 steps and HR was 126/163.

I want to start using my Bowflex again so I might do that a couple times this week. It's been a long time since I've used it, since this tricep issue and although I still have a bit of achiness in my tricep, I will try it and see how it goes. I miss using it. So I might get a workout in on that tomorrow.

Belinda - Great job on your workout this mornng. I hope you are feeling better. It is definitely not hot here, we have been in the 50's. Today its supposed to get to 70. I hope it does.

Hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend. Mine was good but I worked a lot at my moms with planting her flowers and weeding. I'm telling you, my back cannot handle that kind of work anymore. I need to figure out something with the planting to make it easier on me next year. My knees and back were literally throbbing by the time I left. I'm glad I feel good today. This getting old sucks.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Tomorrow is my 55th Birthday and that just makes me darn right sad! WTF, where has the time gone? Time flies when your having fun, they say.

The last 2 days I did my outside walk, 3.4 miles and burned 648 calories the first day and 655 calories the second day. Today's workout was a big one, it felt really good to lift again. I started on the TM, 45 minutes uphill walk, traveled 2.4 miles, 5.0 incline wearing a 10# vest and burned 436 calories. Next I did STS Meso 2 Disc #16 Chest only. I am going to walk each day this week and do one body part of STS each day. I also added in 4 leg exercises and a stretch at the end for my hamstrings, they are so tight!!! Total workout time was 70 minutes and I burned a total of 711 calories. Heart rate was 129/179. The weighted vest really made a difference while walking, I used to wear a 20# vest all of the time years ago when I walked outside.

Todays workout.

Incline Chest Press warm up- 15's x 12, x 12
Incline Chest Press- 20's x 12, x 10, x 8
BOS- 15's x 21

Incline Chest Flies- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8
BOS- 12's x 20

Flat Bench Chest Press- 22's x 12, x 10, x 8
BOS- 17's x 19

Legs-
Squats DB's-10's x 20, x 20, x 20
Front Squats- 15# x 16, x 16, x 16
Leg Ext.- 40# x 20, x 16, x 14

Stretch.

Belinda, looks like a great workout you did today. Good luck with the walk, I hope it doesn't get too hot for you today. It is cool and sunny here today, 70 degrees and breezy.

Debbie, Great job on the workout today. When you say your Bowflex, do you mean the Cardio machine or do you have the cable Bowflex? I want to get the Total Gym, you know the Chuck Norris one, they look great for doing leg presses and cable exercises. I am going to look on Facebook Marketplace to see if I can find a used on for dirt cheap!

I hope you all have great workouts today. I need to go back to our previous thread and read your posts from the last few days. I didnt look on any social media ect for 2 days and it was awesome!!!! I am watching a lot of tennis, Roland Garros in Paris is on and I love to watch tennis! Make it a great day.

Today I did CDorner no equipment Hiit (today's workout) 40 minutes, heart rate 149/183, 253 calories, 1,016 steps. I kind of wondered about the steps that my watch showed. This workout is a group of moves repeated 3 times. I think maybe the steps were low as some of the moves were more stationary, like a knee raise to the side with an arm pull balance, and one of the moves was doing a bicycle type crunch, where some were a lot more active as jacks standing to jacks on the floor counting 1, then 2, then 3 each time or the option of just jacks which is what I did. No burpees :p It was okay, not fun music or anything. She did talk about this as I think she was answering someone's question about the know singing? It was interesting hearing her explain how she has to be careful of the music she chooses as sometimes the video will be blocked and not always in the US. Also she chooses and does things for free to keep from advertising getting money or something like that. I would have to go back and listen when I am not working out. I guess she was blocked on a recent workout in one segment because of the song she used.
I also did her newest Relaxing Mobility Routine for flexibility/stretch, 33 minutes, 42 calories, heart rate 74/95. This seemed to have the same soundtrack as the one I did yesterday and love, so I was happy with that. It had some different moves in it for the shoulders. My right shoulder and arm has been painful since Sunday. I ran out of Biofreeze yesterday. Anyway, these have helped a lot the last two days, although I could not move the right arm back as quickly or as much range of motion. Still it feels much better. Hoping I am up for something lower body tomorrow. She is doing a lower body workout, but I have to see if I have to pick up a lot of weights. I may end up doing barre or Kelly's lower body add on with the band.
I checked out Kelly's Raw cardio workout she put up and I do not think I can do that one.
It has several moves that are repeated several times (I think 3) and they are jump rope or do another option, band side to side steps, box jumps onto the step and step off(she uses several risers), kettlebell swings, jack touch downs and knee up's shuffles
after several rounds she goes to the floor and does rounds of sit ups, a leg raise over to a plough move
I don't know if that would bother, but the step jumping and plough both sound like they would hurt.

Belinda, nice work with SB and the jumpstart and I hope you had a nice walk. Still wet outside here.

Debbie, yard work and getting doing all of that bending down and getting up is tough, it just gets harder as we age. We mainly have chosen plants that do not need replanting. That is a fun workout, but I was disappointed in the music too. Good luck using your Max Trainer. If I go all out on the Tread Climber I have to hold on with at least one hand because of the climbing and speed and it aggravates my arms and neck if I am not careful and stay doing it too long. I was looking up stuff on strength training with rheumatoid arthritis and other types and suggestions seem to be using bands is good, allowing recovery duh!! They all recommend strength training as a way to help the muscles support the joints, but doing it is hard. It is cool here today too. When I looked at the weather this morning, I thought it was odd to be so cool when we are starting into June. In a few weeks we will be talking about how hot it is probably.

Jolie, one of my friend's husband was showing me his Total Gym and all of the stuff he can do with it. They do look pretty cool. They have a streaming service with different instructors doing workouts. Cathe has a couple of really inventive looking workouts using the Total Gym on their channel. I saw on facebook when she mentioned filming it and saw clips. I think they show clips on the Total Gym site. You got in a great workout today.

Last edited:
My doctor called me with the results from the cat scan. The scan showed a sinus infection, he wants me to see the ENT at Walter Reed. I ended up taking all the antibiotics since my doc gave me enough medicine for my stomach so it wouldn't cramp up like I did in the hospital. It worked. I wasn't going to take the antibiotics but I didn't wanted to end up in the ER during Memorial Day weekend. My sinus got worst, I figured I will give it a try since it was only for 5 day's (z pack). I still have a lot in my lungs. I am coughing up a lot of stuff. I do believe I am resistance to antibiotics. I think this infection related to RP. I have a lot of pressure on my left side of my face/sinus/ear inside and outside. I hope they can get me in the ENT clinic soon. The last time I had an infection like this was in Germany, I ended up in surgery. Ever since I had surgery my sinus are all messed up.

Belinda, I am sorry. I hope that the antibiotics work and no stomach cramping.

Good morning,

Fit Split: Shred Cardio Push Day is done.

Roselyn - happy anniversary to your parents (((HUGS)))

Diane - thank you! My doctor said I have blockage in both my sinus. I am already done with the antibiotic. Didn't help!

Happy Hump Day!

Today I went for a 2 mile walk outside. 446 calories. Next I did Shoulders, STS Meso 2 disc#16 and had a great lift. I did a few extra Shoulder exercises to hit all heads of the muscle. Total workout time was 65 minutes and I burned 639 calories.

Seated BB Front Press- 35# x 12, x 10, x 8
BOS- 25# x 20

Lateral raise- 10's x 12 (switched to 8's) x 10, x 8
BOS- 6's x 20

Rear Flies- 10's x 12, x 10, x 8
BOS-8's x 14

Arnold Press- 15's x 16
Front Raise Alt. - 8's x 16
Upright Rows- 25# BB- x 16
Seated Shoulder Press- 12's x 20

Belinda, I am surprised you feel well enough to workout today! Nice job getting it done. If you have taken a lot of antibiotics in the past, you probably are immune to them now. That is the problem with using them too much, you body now has a hard time fighting off foreign pathogens and now cannot fight them off on their own. Try the infrared light, that will kill them off!!!

Diane, great workout yesterday!

Roselyn, Happy Anniversary to your parents, mine will be married 58 years this month.

Make it a great day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOLIE!!!!

Today I did CDorners #168 - Lower Body Tabata and had a great workout. I love this one, I did it back in April and remember really liking it. Since then, I bought the bands she uses in that workout and the are awesome. I hate working legs but this workout makes it fun. I'm so frustrated with my FB, for about the first 20 minutes my HR kept reading like 88-89 even though I was doing the jumps this time. WTF?? I got up to like 114 but I could feel my heart beating faster than that. I don't get it.

Workout was 43 minutes, burned 144 calories (yea right!), did 1074 steps and HR was 93/118. WTF???

No time for personals, it's been a very busy day so far. I'll catch up with you all tomorrow!

Today I did CDorner 40 minute legs and butt burner 45 minutes, 120 calories, heart rate 95/134. I then did the Obliques workout with a mini band that she did afterward, 19 minutes, 42 calories, heart rate 84/104. Total time spent 54 minutes 162 calories. I was going to use the tread climber, but ended up messing with the computer in that room and gave up, as I had to change settings from my grandson's school. I will do cardio tomorrow before I make a Walmart trip. I got my main groceries delivered from Whole Foods this morning.
CDorner legs and butt burner
6 moves done as two rounds then another 6 moves done as two rounds
Round 1
heavy band above knees wall squat with 10# dumbbells and doing calf raises
Heavy Band still above knees 25# dumbbells toes elevated on small dumbbells deadlifts
Band still on squat tap out alternating holding a 20# dumbbell
20# dbs band above knees 3 pulse squats /deadlift
loop on bridge one foot extended out a bit
repeat same on other side
repeat round 1
Round 2
15# dumbbells static lunge halfway and all the way right
repeat on left
10# dumbbells balance right single squat/deadlift
repeat left (second round 15#)
20# dumbbell curtsy/passe slow right
repeat on left
repeat round 2
stretch

Belinda, I didn't understand I guess that you had already finished the antibiotic. I am so sorry that it did not work. I was reading about some herbs that are in the adrenal restore night supplement I purchased and some of them help with bacteria, ears, inflammation, and respiratory, but they are unclear on all of them about taking with other meds. One in particular said to be careful of meds. Those are Vervain, Magnolia Bark, Mimosa Tree Bark, Lemon Balm, and Cinnamon Bark. The are all supposed to help with anxiety and stress.

Jolie, great workout today!! You really got a good calorie burn. I hope that you have a wonderful birthday. Any plans?

Debbie, you got a higher calorie burn than I did today with lower body weights and my heart rate was higher. If I remember right the one you did today is more active. Funny, Chris said today that she usually uses interval setting all of the time on her watch/tracker. I guess someone was asking. She said there is a weight setting or something on hers. I don't know if that would make a difference though. I set my garmin for strength when I am doing anything strength training. I think you should have had a higher heart rate reading. What I did was a bit slower paced and stuff on the floor. I love those bands too. For abs she said not to use those, but use the plasticy ones or something like that. She used black so I used my black which was xxheavy. I did not do the final move as it was planks with the knees pull in to the sides. I just did oblique crunches.

This morning I just walked on my treadmill for about 20 minutes. Didn't feel like doing much today plus my legs are sore from yesterday's workout. I also did CDorners 30 Minute Relaxing Mobility and Stretch workout from yesterday I think. Nice one, I liked it. It's nice to be beyond that "I need to kill myself today" mode. I like having just easy workouts here and there.

Diane - I've tried Interval or Circuit setting on my FB but it starts some tabata timer and I'm not sure why? So I always use Workout for anything weights to step. I think Chris has an Apple watch.

I'm sorry everyone, no personals again today. I am really busy this week and getting ready for a meeting. Hopefully I can catch up with you all tomorrow.

Have great workouts!!!

Good morning,

I went for a nice walk outside before it gets to humid to walk.

Jolie - I am a nut. I always workout unless I run a high fever. Probably not the smartest thing, lol. I do have to modify when I am sick. I agree with you on being immune to antibiotics.

Debbie - sometimes we need those easy workouts. I need to check that relaxing mobility and stretch out.

Diane - I wasn't going to take more antibiotics but didn't wanted to end up in the ER on the weekend either. I figured I give it a try. I have to be careful with over the counter medications/herbs. My Rheumatologist told me to be very careful especially herbs. I guess the herbs will interfere with the medicine I take for RP. Every medicine/herbs I take I have to run it by my Rheumatologist first. I take Elderberries once in a while. When I told my Rheumatologist about it, he said to make sure there are no herbs in them.

Roselyn and Doreen - hope you having a great workout today.

I will be back hopefully later.

It finally stopped raining every night and has warmed up a bit so I'm back to my outdoor gym set up. I had to laugh this morning because the puppy explores the yard while I workout and today he went up the steps to the kids old playset and down the slide!! All by himself. I wish I had time to grab the camera!

I did another Tracy Steen - 40 minute Rep range circuit this morning. Good format - not my most favorite moves. Each circuit was 10 reps of a lower body, upper body, carido and abs. Each circuit repeated 3x.

Quick check in and I will have to come back. It looks like more rain coming and I want to get out to Walmart before it hits. I did CDorner 80's "Jump" pointer sisters workout, 288 calories, 52 minutes, 3,868 steps, heart rate 136/172. Fun workout and music! I wanted more steps so I did 17 minutes of Cardio Dance "Levitating"?? Dua Lipa skipping the warm up, heart rate 140/172, 1,327 steps, 102 calories. Total time was 390 calories, 69 minutes, 5,195 steps.

Okay, this time Walmart was so busy. I guess school being out and it being a small city. It seemed like it was kind of a teen hang out or something. I didn't see them buying anything, just wandering up and down aisles. People with younger children this time and rather crowded. So far since we moved here it has not been excessively busy, employees were super friendly and helpful and a relaxed atmosphere. Today was not so. Oh well, I thought I had got rid of the dread factor of Walmart and was in a hurry to come home. I gave up going into the garden center outside. I picked up a solar light because I ran over the one of the new ones my husband put out when I backed out of the garage at an angle to avoid hitting the mirror. I guess things just were not going well before I left the house.
Chris was really sweaty from that dance workout and stopping to soak the sweat out of her hair. I was thinking maybe I was not working hard enough or something as I broke a little sweat, but nothing like that.

Debbie, I guess I should look at more settings on my Garmin. There is a treadmill setting, elliptical setting, indoor rowing, indoor walking, pilates etc.. I just use cardio, strength, yoga, or weights most of the time. Usually strength when I am doing combos of weights and non weight moves. If I want to put the moves in to the app it has a large data base including bands, dumbbells, barbells and non weighted moves as well as compound. I do that sometimes after a workout just so I can see the picture of muscles I have used. Amazingly the lower body workouts do pull in upper as well on it. If I was doing something like STS there is a way to do one set, stop, rest, and do another set and change moves. You can enter the moves. I have been kind of looking over the manual. Holding handlebars on a cardio apparatus makes it not as accurate on steps etc.. Suggestion is if walking and holding onto something like a lawnmower or stroller is to put the watch in your pocket. Of course then you don't get the heart beat. Other option is getting the optional foot pod or for cycling for riding there is a sensor that can be purchased. I suppose it would depend on how much of that sort of thing one does. Also it suggest runs and walks with GPS will help it pick up on those done indoors without GPS on accuracy.
I am having so much more enjoyment from my workouts not obsessing so much over intensity, daily. I don't mind missing some days as it gives me a chance to recover more. I probably will miss a couple of days next week and will still take Sunday off as well. That stretch is a good one and I liked the music track which is the same as another I did a couple of days earlier, but is an older one.
Yes, the interval workout on the Fitbit Versa 2 was always doing some sort of timer. The Blaze used to allow me to do bootcamp and circuit, but I don't remember it doing that . With the Garmin, it will do that with some settings, but if you keep working and don't stop it, it just goes to the end of the workout and counts it as one set of whatever you did. I just know that, because I have hit a couple of other buttons and didn't know how to stop it. I guess reading I was almost right, but there is a point where you would push button 2 which will stop the interval or set and then you push it again after the break and start the next interval or set. I have not done it yet as I always mess up on which buttons and timing.
I kind of thought that Chris might have an Apple watch. She sure gets some high calorie burns, but if I got that high, I would be suspicious. I am happy with the Garmin as it seems closer to what I think that it should be.

Belinda, I usually always work out even when I am sick. Fevers usually not. Movement helps my arthritis feel better and also you kind of forget the misery. It also seems like it helps colds and stuff loosen up some. The workouts may be a bit milder, but they are always something. I am cautious with herbs and the like myself. I do checking on them and a lot I have chosen are from reputable places and following the Arthritis foundation's list, but it pays to check and see if they are affected by meds. I am only on one med though, but also some of those herbs can conflict with other herbs and vitamins. I have cut off a few of my supplements as I felt that I am mixing too many. Some I am doing every other day, and some lower doses. A lot of the time places suggest such high doses that are above what a supplement says on the bottle. I always go on the low end first and rarely hit what is suggested otherwise. Even if it is Web MD or Mayo Clinic. I go through my supplements with my arthritis doctor every time I go in and add or remove things that are on the list. Sometimes I add them myself so they will see it when they pull up my information. Like, I took off hylauronic acid. They asked why and I told them I never noticed anything helpful and gave it up.

Doreen, I bet that was cute. It would have been fun to have on camera. We had an English Bulldog when my children were young that would run and grab a swing it it's mouth and swing on it. It was hilarious watching her. I bet being outside makes it easier to get in the workout with the pup outside already.

Good Friday morning everyone!!! So glad it is Friday, I am so tired this week. Just drained I guess.

This morning I did RAW Box & Pump 4 and OMG, what a fun workout. Loved it so much. I didn't write down the exercises, I need to do that, but I used 12 and 8# dumbbells throughout the workout. I used 10's for shoulder presses. When we did the boxing stuff I used my 1# sand weights. Jane was in it with Kelly and I just love her. Great workout!!

Workout was 47 minutes, burned 246 calories, did 3979 steps and HR was 107/148.

Jolie- When I said Bowflex, I meant my Max Trainer. I don't have the other Bowflex workout with the bands and bench and all. I actually can't believe they still sell that thing, it must be very popular. My Max Trainer is like an elliptical. How was your birthday? I hope your family gave you a very nice celebration. Nice job on your workouts this week!

Diane - I was eyeing that CDorner Leg and Butt Burner workout, I might try it next week. Did you like it? My knees have been bothering me lately, it started after I was kneeling so much putting in my moms flowers. The left one was very inflamed that night and I iced it. Now they just both ache a bit. Hope that goes away. Great job with your workouts!! I don't know about these watches, I wonder what difference all the settings actually make for workouts. What does it do differently when it's set for Weights, or Yoga or whatever. I wish there was just a Cardio setting. However, I don't notice any difference with calorie burns using the different options. I haven't walked into a Walmart since the shut down. I'm not in a big hurry to go there now that all the health orders are lifted, either. Just not a favorite store of mine anymore. I like Meijers better. I also have to laugh when everyone is so sweaty and there I am, not even perspiring yet. All I can think is the workout space they are using is not air conditioned and they are not using a fan. If I don't have a fan blowing on me while I workout, I will start sweating really bad. I don't want to do that before work, though, as I don't have time to take a shower. I usually wash up a bit, though.

Belinda - I hope you are feeling better, I can't believe the antibiotics didn't work. Your body sure likes to fight you with these sinus infections. They need to give you a Z-Pack.

Roselyn - You're welcome! Great job with your workouts!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Diane - OMG- I bet the dog swinging was hilarious!

It's much easier to workout outside with the puppy - he can just wander off and find something to investigate in the yard without me worrying to much about what he is into. But he still manages to come back and attack my pony tail anytime I'm doing an exercise in plank or on my back. How in the world do I train him to not do that!?

This morning I did FitSplit Low Impact and Metabolic Conditioning up until the exercises on my back and I had to stop because of the puppy attack. Then I took him for a short walk around the block.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.