Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for June 2020

Roxie - prayers for your MIL and your family.

Debbie - good job on a rest week and your yoga.

Belinda- week 4 already! Hope your knees are doing better!

This morning I did a YouTube. No repeat dumbell. It hasn't been one of my favorites - I think because she had some cardio with burpees in there and I wasn't feeling up to that this morning. Ok - I'm rarely feeling up to that!! ( I still play my own music)

Yesterday I did Raw Intervals #5, 25 minutes, heart rate average 108/max 151, 92 calories, 1,284 steps. This was not picking my heart rate up well and I gave up trying to get it to pick up my heart rate.
Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Step #3 modifying the weight moves so I did not hit the shoulders since they are compound moves, 43 minutes, 230 calories, heart rate 127/163, 4,220 steps. I followed this with Kelly Coffey TMTF Body Training workout #1 which is all standing. I used to have this, but have no idea where it went to. No weights required and just all lower body for workout 1. This was 35 minutes, 91 calories, heart rate 94/116, 1,237 steps. Total time was 78 minutes, 321 calories, 5,457 steps.

Roxie, I am so sorry you have so much happening all at once. Praying you get through it all.

Debbie, I tried too hard to do that move and kind of made it hurt at first. Yes, I kept adjusting at first because my boob was squashed and so I tried to push up off the floor a bit. I found after doing this with several different instructors it is better to be gentle and not push back so far. Just try to turn on your side enough to get a light stretch. It is not supposed to hurt. I did Julia Marie yesterday 30 day weight loss #18 reducing neck and shoulder pain and she did this and it did not hurt so much. That one is over 30 minutes and I have not really liked her as well as Lindsey though. Most moves were standard moves. Lindsey does neck and shoulder stuff on her safe moves one as well and I like how she used the wall. Lindsey has a couple of other workout series on Amazon, but right now I am interested in the therapy ones.
These do seem to release that tension between my neck and shoulders.

Jolie, great that you got a good nights sleep and a really good workout in yesterday. My soreness is better today.

Doreen, thanks for the info on that workout. I don't want to do workouts with that might aggravate my shoulders more. I am not a burpee fan for the most part either.

Roselyn, nice work on Cathe Live upper body.

Today was cardio, TM uphill walk for 60 minutes, traveled 3.2 miles, 6.0 to 7.5 incline and burned 502 calories. This week is going to start getting hot so I am going to start waking up earlier so I can take my dog for a walk and to workout before it gets too hot.

Debbie, enjoy your rest/yoga/stretch week!

Roselyn, I love All in Upper Body, it is one of my favorites. Have you tried Arms and Abs yet? I love this one too.

Diane Sue, nice workout yesterday and today. I love doing lower body with no weights, just body weight.

Belinda, way to go, week 4 already! I haven't heard anything bad about your knees so this is a good workout program for you.

Roxie, hang in there, prayers coming your way.

Doreen, Nice DB workout today, looks like a lot of fun!

Make it a wonderful Monday. I get my hair done tomorrow and I cant wait, my color is horrible.

Reactions: WD
Roselyn - nice job on the upper body today.

Jolie - I can't believe I am already in week 4 of L4. Half way through already. Love these workouts. My knees are doing better, still have swelling in my knees. Don't get it. Nice calorie burn today, girl. Have fun getting your hair done. I need to get my hair done. The place I go too isn't open yet.

Doreen - those 4 weeks went by fast. Can't believe I am almost half way through already. Nice job this morning.

Roxie - praying for you.

Debbie - once I am done with L4 I probably will take a rest week and just do yoga. I am doing Yoga almost daily. Great job!

Belinda, it is odd as I posted to you earlier and it is not here. Maybe because I went from page 3 to 2 because sometimes I lose part of my post when I do that.
Anyway, nice work on starting week 4 today.

Diane - it happens to me too when I switch pages. I been wanting to ask you about KCM dvd's? Are the dvd's or dvd-r? When did she changed to dvd-r? Good job today.

Belinda, I did the workouts today off of Kelly's streaming service. She has all of her Thirty Minutes to Fitness workouts on her streaming. Not bad for 6.99 a month cause you get the Raw workouts and the TMTF workouts. I looked at the DVD and it just says DVD. I don't see a dvd-r on the actual dvd. I have played her dvds on lots of different players. Right now it is a Sony Blu-ray player.

Good morning,

L4 Week 4 D2 Back & Biceps is done. I will go for a walk soon before it gets too hot. I may do a nice stretch later.

Last night I took a live 60 min yoga class with DD's instructors out of DC. She will offer every Monday live classes. I plan on signing up for a few. We also walked 3.5 miles yesterday. I been walking daily. Need to get my steps in.

Diane - that's a good deal if KCM has all her dvd's on her streaming site. I think before I will buy any of her dvd's I will try them out first. I don't do her dvd's I own. I throw them once in awhile into the mix. I saw on Mary's site some say dvd- r.

BBL!

Sorry I didn't get in here last night for updates, I talked to a friend of mine I haven't been in touch with in over 15 years. It was great to catch up with her, we talked for an hour or so. So good to hear from old friends!

Today I did Lindsey Samper Episode 11 on the Therapy series. It was a good one, I cannot believe how locked up my left shoulder is. It aches all the time and these stretches really showed me where it is tight and needs a lot of work. I should be stretching my shoulders way more than I am and will try to be conscience of doing that going forward. This workout was about 26 minutes and was the only one I did this morning. Enjoying my rest week.

Roxie - Praying for your MIL and for you. Hope things are going better.

I will be back later, hope you all have a great workout!

No workout today. I got to bed late and had to get up and run to the store before I went to my monthly ladies game day. We had a birthday celebration for one of them. I had a nice time, but due to lack of sleep and time I skipped the workout. I probably should try to get in a stretch before bed though.

Belinda, nice work today. Nice that you got in an hour yoga with your daughter's instructor.

Debbie, that is great that you got to an old friend. I bet there was a lot to catch up on with each other. I think Episode 11 was the first one that I did and really liked it from Lindsey Samper. It is the one that really shows you those underlying areas that you need to strengthen and stretch. It sure makes a difference. It was just what I needed.

Doreen, great job on Kelly's Kickboxing.

Good Evening,

I did Travel Fit this morning thought the band work would help my neck and shoulder muscle felt ok for a little bit. My MIL is doing pretty well for a woman who is dying we had taco Tuesday at her house and she enjoyed her margarita which she hasn’t been able to drink in a couple of years due to her kidney failure. It’s supposed to be a windy night here.

Today I did the same therapy workout by Lindsey Samper as I did yesterday - Episode 11. I find it so odd that she teaches moves to strengthen the upper back - you would think that with all the lifting we do, our backs should be strong. Or maybe we aren't strengthening the correct areas of our backs? Some of the moves she does is hard for me to hold but I did as best as I could. I love the stretching part, I feel very flexible right now in my upper body. My left shoulder is still aching and is still so tight. I wonder if I might have brusitis?

Belinda - Nice job with your workouts yesterday. The yoga class sounds wonderful! Glad you are able to do that with your DD.

Doreen - Great job with KCM Kickboxing. Her KB workouts are so fun!

Diane - I'm wondering which other Lindsey workouts I should try? Any suggestions. I did Episode 1 and 2 and 11 so far from the therapy series. The others are for low back or hamstrings so probably won't do those at this time. I need to focus on this left shoulder, it is incredibly tight. Funny thing, I don't notice it when moving normally through my day, but when I reach back behind me to stretch it it hurts so bad. Glad you had fun with your lady friends!

Roxie - Sorry to hear about your neck pain. You might want to try the therapy workouts Diane and I are doing, they are on Prime and are free if you have Prime. Diane posted some links so go back and check them out. They have helped me a great deal and I only have done 3 days of them. Glad your MIL can enjoy a drink, I'm sure that made her happy! So sad that she is giving up, but I'm sure you can only take so much of not having a life to actually live and constantly being in pain etc. So sad, though. I will pray for her.

Jolie - You must have had a rest day yesterday. Hope you have a kick ass workout today.

Roselyn - Hope all is well at work and with your workouts.

Have a great day everyone!

Roxie - still prayers for your family. Great that your MIL was able to enjoy some time with family and margaritas - its the little things, right?

This morning I did Meltdown (weights) and the Muscle Up Leg and Glute premix. Yeah- I really wonder why I try so hard to keep finding new workouts - these are so great - just straightforward moves and I finish the workout feeling so energized.

My son (finally) started his job yesterday! I think he first applied for this internship last December - then deferred because of school, then delayed because of stay-at-home.... I think he had a good first day - so that's encouraging!

Hi everyone,

I walked this morning. I will do a yoga or stretch later.

Debbie - great job this morning. Glad the stretching is helping.

Jolie - hope you have a great day and workout.

Diane - great job yesterday.

Roxie - more prayers are coming.

I will check in later for more personals.

Yesterday I was off, I had a day to myself, got my hair done and went shopping at TJMAXX and Marshals. I swear, everything is on clearance because they have to sell through all of their inventory from the spring. Today I had a great workout, I did a workout I have never done and it was awesome! Vertical Loading #2 , I forgot to write down the CL #. This is a traditional type lifting workout, 12 reps, 16 reps and sometime 20 reps. She uses a ball, I used a bench with my knees up to get the balance in for core. 3 circuits, 2 times around and I loved it! Workout was 1 hour and 5 minutes because I had to write everything down and I burned 409 calories.

Seated overhead press- 12's
21's, - 12's
Seated Triceps Ext.- 12's
Pullovers- 12's
Squats to lunges- 10's
Incline Chest press- 20's

Front Raise- 15#
Incline Bicep Curls- 15's
Close Grip Bench Press- 15's
1 Arm Rows- 25#
Leg Ext.- 50# x 20
Chest Press- 20's x 24

Seated Rear Flies- 8's x 20 Go heavier next time
Preacher curls- 15's
Lying Triceps ext- 12's
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 60#
Leg Curls- 20#
Deadlifts- 35# BB I added these in.

There were pushups and some legs with gliders which I substituted out and put my own exercises in.

Debbie, Try this workout when you are back to lifting, I think you will like it! Nice workout as always and I am glad you are enjoying your job and getting ready for summer.

Belinda, Nice workout today. Have you ever tried Vertical Loading 2? It is great!

Doreen, I am glad your son got a job in this market! Way to go on the workout.

Roxie, prayers for your MIL.

Diane Sue, I will be back later to read your post.

Have to run, I am going to look at a house that is totally re done and move in ready with a bigger than usual yard.

Make it a great day!

I did Intensity timesaver double hiit +bootcamp (this kept me off the step)47 minutes, 225 calories, heart rate 124/163, 3,609 steps. My dvd player froze up and skipped the high hiit segment and went straight to bootcamp after low hiit so I went back and did the high hit from the workout blender. Weird though as it worked fine then, just not on the premix. I then did Raw metabolic 6 & 6, 34 minutes, heart rate 129/153, 166 calories, 676 steps. Total time was 80 minutes, 391 calories, 4,285 steps. I used 12# dumbbells for all but the last two rounds on the side lunge/overhead press I dropped to 10's then on the last set I changed it to biceps curls. Too much on the shoulders for me today. Also last set of push ups I did the plank and back squeezes I do in Lindsey Samper's #11 instead of push ups.
Moves for Metabolic 6 & 6 each move is 30 seconds
side to side lunge to overhead press
renegade row right/left/push up
skate swings (dumbbells swing up from the sides)
alternating lunges
connected dumbbell push ups
sit ups with dumbbells

Roxie, I am that is nice that your mother in law was abe to enjoy some nice family time. I will keep praying for her.

Debbie, you might try the safe stretches. It does have lower in it, but she has a focus on the upper. I liked it. I did numbe 11 last night and part of the anxiety one to see what it was like, but it was late and I stopped and went to bed rather than finish. Also there is number 7 which is good. They told me at Physical therapy that I was letting other muscles take over and not using the set of underlying muscles that wraps up from sort of the under arm and up, like I should. The other muscles were taking over hence all of the tightness and pain. I can't let up on the stretching more than a couple of days or it starts back up hurting again.

Doreen, I think we just get to where we want something new, but after awhile we realize what we had been doing are great workouts. I tend to get bored or just tired of doing the same type of workout over and over again. That is great that your son finally got to go to work and get his internship started.

Belinda, nice that you got your walk in early. When I go out early I see lots of people walking or taking their dogs out for walks here. Lots of walking area and the park is up the street with trails.

Jolie, I missed your post. Nice workout today. I bet it felt good to go out and get your hair done and do some shopping. We have a Marshalls not far, but I have never been there. I hadn't thought about seasonal sales. I should check out TJMaxx. I loathe shopping LOL I would rather order what I need online, which does not always work out well unless I know the brand. I just ordered a bunch of new t shirts from Amazon.

Update on my wedge pillow: I love it!! I purchased one for my DH as well and we no longer snore all night long, it is amazing how this thing has taken care of that problem. So much for those stupid machines people have to use, a wedge pillow would probably fix those problems. I am very comfortable sleeping on it and wake up refreshed most mornings. I still cannot sleep on my back for too long but I've about given up on that idea. That really hurts my low back and I'm not sure why. I always thought sleeping on your back was supposed to be the best way for you to sleep? Anyway, this was the best thing I've bought recently. So happy I did.

Today I did Lindsey Sampers Therapy Episode 4 - Safe Stretches and Episode 7 - Neck and Shoulders. I did 7 before and don't care for it too much. The one stretch where you lay on your stomach and then put your arm out to 2 o'clock or 10 o'clock depending on what side you're working on is so uncomfortable for me. It hurts, it doesn't feel good so I will tank that stretch forever. It does more harm to me than good. I liked the Safe Stretches, that was a good one. My favorite is #11 so far. I do have to say my knot is almost gone. It is still there but not as bad as it was last week.

Doreen - That is why I stick with Kelly and Cathe. You can't go wrong and there is such variety. Nice job on Meltdown.

Belinda - Good job with your walk yesterday. :)

Jolie - Love TJMaxx and Marshalls, always find some great deals at those stores. That workout looks good, I wonder if I've done it before, it looks familiar? I'll have to check my workouts sheets. I'll do it next week for sure!

Diane - I hate when my DVD player freezes. I usually hit the top of it with my fist and it starts working. LMAO! I'm waiting for that to actually break it one of these days. It was a cheap model, but still, so annoying when that happens. Next time try wiping the back of the DVD, even when kept in its case they get dusty and that is probably why it did that. I use one of those special wipes used for eye glasses so I don't scratch them. That makes sense about our muscles and not using underlying ones when we lift. I will also do that back press like Lindsey does when she is in a pushup formation. I like those, I really felt that under my shoulder blade. Great job with your workouts.

Have a great day everyone!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.