Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July

Today I did STS disc 11 meso 1 week 4, back and triceps, 53 minutes, calories 140 ??? I added the abs from Butts and Guts with the ankle weights and dumbbell along with the stretch, 22 minutes. My workout was 75 minutes and calories approximately, 215. My heart rate monitor stopped and had a weird symbol that is not even explained in the manual. When I was done I tested it again after turning off and on and it worked. I did wonder today after looking at the book that I have 4 transmitters sitting in the closet in my workout space. I wonder if they are conflicting with each other. I moved them so we will see tomorrow.

Debbie, I need a good stretch but no time today. The IT band sounds miserable.

Today I did Meso 2, Week 2, Back & Biceps. Had a good workout. Used bands for the chins because I didn't feel like doing chins. I also only did one set of the one-leg deads because my side is still a bit tight.

Roselyn & Diane Sue - Thanks! It feels better today. Nice job on your workouts yesterday!!!

Today was supposed to be Low Impact Challenge so I did the Bonus workout with the warm up, 28 minutes, 212 calories. I then did Ripped with Hiit Plyo Hit 1 mix 7 1&2 scrambled, 28 minutes, 213 calories, my heart rate was pretty good today avg. 131/max 164. I finished off with Piyo Define legs for some flexibility work, 22 minutes, 65 calories. Total time today was 78 minutes and I burned 490 calories. My heartrate monitored to work okay today. Same watch and strap but different transmitter Maybe putting the transmitters in another room helped. Not sure:confused:

Debbie, I am glad that you are better today and being careful.

Roselyn, I have recovery week then the following is STS meso 4 with plyo legs. This rotation incorporates plyo legs into it 5 times.

Saturday was a rest day. I spent the day with some of my grandchildren. Today I was short on time but did the 22 minute express workout on Low Impact Athletic Training. Athletic Training was supposed to be my Saturday workout. I may do a circuit of some sorts tomorrow since this mix was just the step cardio and abs.

Today I did STS Meso 2, Week 3, Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. This was the Double-Wave Load workout and it was long. I actually stopped it after the 2nd tricep exercise because I have stuff to do this morning. I was at 1 hr.5 min. when I stopped and I just realized I didn't stop my Fitbit from logging the workout. Dangit. Oh well. Had a great workout, I like this one.

Hope you all had a great weekend!!!

Today I did Kelly Coffey' Lean Body Circuits both workouts combined, 52 minutes, 352 calories. I then did Kelly's Muscle up bonus abs, 14 minutes, 58 calories. Total time was 66 minutes and calories burned 410.

Debbie, nice work anyway. I hate when I forget to start my HR monitor. I will be working hard and happen to realize much later that I never started it. I guess it is just a mind thing because it really doesn't matter much :)

Today I did Run Fit by Candace and had a great workout. Love this one, wish Candace would make more.

Total workout time was 52 minutes, burned 369 calories and ran 3.69 miles.

Diane Sue - I didn't forget to start it, I forgot to stop it. LOL! So I had like a 2 hour workout yesterday when it was really just over an hour. Oh well.

Today I did P90X 2 yoga, 64 minutes.

Debbie Lol on forgetting to stop it. I do that when I get sidetracked.

I ended up pulling a muscle in my neck in the shower last night. I turned wrong and my neck started hurting. Dangit. I just walked on my treadmill for 3 miles this morning. I won't lift until this is gone - this is the pain I had a few years back that started my entire upper body to go in pain. So I'm going to be very careful and possibly not lift the rest of this week. I'll see how it feels tomorrow, today it isn't too bad. :(

No workout today. I had planned on doing T25 Gamma Circuit but, woke with a terrible headache and neck pain. No way was I picking up weights or doing cardio today. It was supposed to be a recovery week anyway. The neck pain started a couple of days ago when I slept propped up on pillows because of my allergies. After two days of that it started hurting worse. I don't think the yoga would have bothered it yesterday though. Also I have been coughing so hard and maybe I am tensing up way too much.

Debbie, I am sorry you are having the neck issue again. I do know how you feel. :(

Neck is feeling better, love the tennis ball!!! Today I did STS Meso 2, Week 3, Back & Biceps. Had a good workout. This was double-wave again. Instead of doing the one-arm rows as the double wave (because it takes so long to do them all) I did the double wave with the barbell rows. I don't know why she doesn't do the double wave with the barbell rows to begin with? That is more of a builder exercise. Oh well. And I didn't do the double wave with barbell curls because my stupid elbow was really hurting. I did one set of 12/10/8 reps and increased my weight each time, but didn't do it over again. I had a really sharp pain in my elbow. Not sure why it's bothering me so much. I'm able to do hammer curls until the cows come home, but not regular curls. :(

I also walked on my treadmill for 1 mile.

Today I did T25 Gamma Extreme Circuit, 29 minutes, 165 calories. I then did Yoga Max Express 2, 34 minutes, 60 calories. I don't think my HR monitor was doing well but I don't care. Not sure what I will do tomorrow. I have enjoyed having my two 15 year old grandchildren here this week :D I will miss them. The 16 and 17 year old came over one day and hung out. I have been kind of laid back about the workouts.

Debbie, I am glad to hear that your neck is better and you got in a good workout.

Today I did STS Meso 2, Week 3 Legs. Had a good workout. Of course you all know me and I changed up the exercises a bit. Too many plate exercises in this one, I don't care for those too much. I added squats and deads in place of two of the plate exercises. Felt great.

Had a dentist appointment today and had to get a tooth pulled. Dang, that sucked. I had a root canal done on it a few years back and the cap kept coming off. I finally decided to just get it pulled. Ouch. So now I have to take it easy the rest of the day. I wanted to get on my treadmill but I think I'll just be lazy for the rest of the day.

Diane Sue - Glad you are enjoying your grand kids! Wow,they are getting older! I remember when you used to talk about them when they were babies.

Roselyn - Where are you? Hope you are doing well.

Today I did T25 Speed 3.0 28 minutes, 242 calories. I then did Kelly Coffey Athletic Conditioning Stretch, 26 minutes 60 calories. Total time was 54 minutes and calories 302 calories.

Debbie, resting sounds like a good idea. I have 8 grandchildren now. The 15-18 group and then the 1-7 group. :) When we thought no more, well 3 more. She is starting her second year in college. It is hard to believe.

Here I am, was in Las Vegas since Monday celebrating 25 years of marriage YEAH!!! and ready to get back on track. Did a TON of walking, for exercise in the morning and then everywhere else, you know if you have been there. Crazy city glad to be home to my slower pace.

I am starting the Beast again, I don't feel like I gave it my all so I am doing again!! So actually started it today, build chest/tris.

Roselyn, I was wondering where you were. I am glad to have you back :) I always felt ready for a vacation after I returned from Vegas. Up late and walking everywhere!! I bet that you had fun. I think next time I go on a vacation, I want a relaxed one.

Edited to add that I took a rest day today :D I took my grandson to his church to head out on a mission trip and went to Walmart instead. I detest Walmart and particularly on weekends but, figured since I was out earlier it would be better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.