Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2021

Good morning,

SBF D 32 Abs ans stretch is done.

Getting ready for my PT.

Have a great workout and day everyone.

Reactions: WD
I did KCM Body Shop workout 1 and first part of workout 2 (stopped at shoulders) this morning. A couple more I found organizing my videos that I haven't done in a while.

This morning I did RAW Intervals 4 and had a great workout. Love this workout a lot but I hate the music and it's almost too loud. But, I will do this workout many more times because it is a good one. And it is so fun.

This workout has 30 second intervals, used the step with one set of risers, 8 and 12# dumbbells. No boxing in this workout whatsoever.

Split/Squat Jacks
Power Curls:
12's
Repeat

Pendulums
Deadlift/Upright Rows
: 12's
Repeat

Icky Feet (love these)
Back Lunge w/One Arm Overhead Press
: #12 - Used 10# second round
Repeat other side

Lunge Cardio off Step
Side Lunge/Curls
: 12's
Repeat

Squat Touch Downs
Plank Rows
: 12's (I did regular rows)
Repeat

Heel Crossovers
Jacks/Skates

Repeat

REPEAT ALL - but she cuts back on lifting moves, only does them once

Skull Crushers/Situps: 8's (I don't know how she does this with 12's!)
Chest Flyes w/Leg Raise: 12's
Repeat

Workout was 44 minutes, burned 209 calories, did 2787 steps and HR was 103/145. My HR was high the whole way through this. Every damn time I looked at my FB it was at 89-99. What the hell is going on with this thing? So frustrating. Last time I burned 253 calories.

Jolie - I guess I'm lucky and can thank my mom for my metabolism. Even though I am four years into menopause I haven't had one issue with weight. Like I said yesterday, my abs are a bit "fluffier" than I usually like but they are still flat. I can't expect to have a six pack constantly. I'm happy with where I am right now and I feel wonderful. I'm sorry you are having a struggle with weight due to menopause. I'm glad that what you are doing now is working. My body likes walking as well, I'm so thankful for my treadmill. I remember one summer a few years back I walked around our block (1 mile exact) for up to three times with a few girls on this street. My body was lowest in body fat from doing that. Wish they were still around, I miss that. Hope your furry friend is doing better today.

Diane - Don't you love it when you get called right into the doctor's office? Doesn't happen often, that's for sure. I hope your tests turn out good. I hope your hip and arm are better today, I wonder what caused that? Sometimes Chris does some moves that I don't even try. They look dangerous. She doesn't do that often, though. I stopped using coconut oil as well. Funny, it was all the rave a few years back and then come to find out it blocks your arteries. WTH?? I feel better just not using oils and so far I don't miss it at all. LOL about your aunt! Wow, she sounds amazing. I hope I can be like that when I"m 80!!

Roselyn - Nice that you get that pool all to yourself! Most of ours are closed due to no lifeguards. We can't seem to find any people to do that this year, isn't that weird?

Belinda - I just signed up for the meal plan so we'll see what they come up with. I'm anxious to see. I haven't set up the plan yet. I get 30 days for free, right? I'm not sure I want to pay for the service yet. Yes, I have a Trader Joes near me but it's hard to get to and to find parking. I don't go there much. I have those chalk markers now and use them a lot. I organized my freezer and fridge and use nice containers to put my bagged frozen veggies and fruit in. Saves so much room. Those chalk markers are awesome!!

Doreen - Great workout this morning, that is a fun one!

Have a great day everyone!!! I'm taking my mom to a Mediterranean restaurant for lunch. Looking forward to it. The people who own it are the parents of the student that won my spelling bee and was in the Scripps National Spelling Bee preliminary. He got out, but it was a great experience for him. Looking foward to seeing them again. When we did the Scripps preliminary they brought me baklava and rice pudding and both were excellent. I want some baklava today as well. :) Probably not vegan, but it's worth it and is homemade.

Debbie - I hope you like FOK's meal planner as much as we do. Did you sign up for a year? What containers do you have for your fridge/freezer? Yes, they offer 30 day money back guarantee. BTW, read some of the recipes reviews first.If you don't want to pay that service and want a lower price let me know. I will give you the FOK's customer service (the guy I had my payment changed :) ) I am pretty sure he would give you a lower price too. I only payed $ 89 for the year.

Last edited:
Today I did CDorner Intermediate step from yesterday (hip hop music) 231 calories, 44 minutes, heart rate 134/159, 3,889 steps. I wanted a bit more and am pressed for time as I have to leave when I am done here. I did the first 11 minutes of Best of Kickboxing and Dance Tabata Mash up, 68 calories, heart rate 145/182, 85 steps. That bit of it was fun and the music was fun. I will probably do all of it tomorrow. Total time was 55 minutes, 299 calories, 4,744 steps. The intermediate step was fairly easy to follow. I could tell my heart rate was not real high as I was rarely breathless. At least I am not getting Fitbit stats. These seem much more accurate. I made time to eat my last chickpea burger cooking it in no oil this time and drizzled with lime juice and some avocado. I will come back and respond to posts later.

Today I had a really BIG workout, I woke up feeling fantastic so I just went for it today. I started with CL #351 Intense Upper Body, I love this workout. Workout was 50 minutes and I burned 408 calories. Next I got on my TM for a walk, 50 minutes uphill, 5.5 Incline, 3.1 speed, traveled 2.6 miles and burned 456 calories. Total workout time was 100 minutes and I burned 864 calories. Heart rate was 120/165. I have my new refrigerator being delivered tomorrow between 7am and 1pm so I might have tomorrow as my rest day, you never know what time they will show up and I don't want to start a workout and then have to stop. My dog is feeling much better today, I gave him digestive enzymes, COQ10 and probiotics and he is doing great. Maybe he ate something bad off the ground, he does that all of the time.

Debbie, great workout today, that one sounds fun. I don't know what some of the exercises are, their names are not familiar. I know Kelly does some different types of exercises than Cathe. Have fun going out to lunch with your mom today, I love that kind of food. It is nice that you are supporting small businesses.

Diane, I am glad you are feeling better today, nice job on the workout. Thanks for the recommendation about the vitamins, I know I take most of them already. You sure had a big day yesterday, I hate going to the doctors. I still have to go and get my blood drawn, I have been putting it off, it is something that i hate to do.

Belinda, nice workout, I love to stretch it feels so good. Make sure you get some type of good oil you need it for your brain, eyes and so much more. Try Grape Seed Oil or coconut oil. Your joints need it too! Good Cholesterol is essential for a body to function properly, but I am sure you know what you are doing. I always butt in and give my two cents even if you asked or not, sorry.

Doreen, great workout today.

Where is Roselyn lately???

Have a wonderful day.

I came back from the PT awhile ago. He believes it's my biceps or it could be my neck. He had me get a 5 point x ray at the clinic. He wants to rule it out it's my neck. I do show signs in my neck after he tests on my neck I hardly can move my head to the left. I hurt my back yesterday pulling on the bed sheets. I felt a tightness in my back then a sharp pain down my spine. Now I have lower back pain too. Maybe the neck thing is from me hurting my back yesterday? He doesn't want me to any kind of lifting until I see him again next week. He wants me to move my left arm a few times a day. He will put to together a plan for next week. I probably will get the results from the x trays from my doctor soon. They pretty good about letting me know. I am falling apart :(

Jolie - no problem you butting in and giving me your 2 cents :) I appreciate all your advice. On the FOK's plan you can't use any oil. I fell very good on the plant based diet. I am not saying I will follow this for the rest of my life.I will follow the plan to the T. I will not reverse my autoimmune diseases.I will see my Rheumatologist in a few month, I should have a good idea where I am standing or if I chanced anything by eating this way. I workout less, the weight is melting off and I am finally losing the weight I though I would never lose due to my age. The best part, I eat until I am full. I am never hungry on the FOK's plan. Glad your dog is feeling better.

Diane - great job on your workout today.

I got my appointment over today with the pulmonologist to go over the Heart CT with me. I don't have to go back for a year unless something happens and I start coughing up stuff or something. The nodules are the same, she showed the pictures on a screen , but there is a fuzzy spot on the lung that we need to watch as well. She said since I never smoked that it is probably due to the rheumatoid arthritis and sometimes those things go away on their own. It took so long today. The doctor apologized for running late. Long trip home in traffic since it took so long. The plus side is that my blood pressure and heart rate were all great.
I don't think that I mentioned it, but the CDorner Kickbox dance workout is done in her basement, but there is a 11 minute or so ab segment done in a gym with two other women on the end of it. I caught the end of the filming live and thought the whole thing was in a gym until I came back to it from the start and she announced abs at the end and is in her basement. That seemed odd. I will see how it is tomorrow.

Doreen, I have not done Body Shop in a long time. I like it. I guess I have not been using dvds much in awhile.

Jolie, I am glad you felt great today and had such a good work out. I hate trying to work out when I have someone coming to the house for something. I never like going to any doctors and I put it off. I called more than once to move my appointments to later. The one next week is so far away and I am not looking forward to talking to the arthritis doctor at all. I have to decide how much I want to have them deal with as once I mention pain and needing help I am afraid of what they might want to try. My hip is obviously better today as I did step. I really think it was the different move I did going down to knees from curtsy and coming back up. I was going to mention that I have been using some New Chapter for women magnesium powder that has tart cherry in it. Tart cherry helps inflammation so I would think that would be good as you mentioned it. Tart cherry also has some melatonin in it. Good to hear that your dog is doing better.

Belinda nice work this morning. I hope that your PT can help you out. My doctor had me do PT before he ordered the mri. He did not do x rays. It seems so many things are connected that they can refer pain to another area of the body. I wish my arm would stop bothering me. My shoulder and arm hurt all of the way down to my wrist and I kept trying to stretch it out when I drove to the doctor today. You can eat a lot of bulk in vegetables and fruit and not be hungry, but have much lower calories. That is great that you are getting the weight loss that you want. Does Forks Over Knives use nuts or nut butter at all? I forgot to mention that the Food For Life Organic corn tortillas are made by the people that make Ezekial and Genesis breads and is usually in the refrigerated or frozen area.

Debbie, nice work with Raw Intervals 4. I could probably do that one and alter a little. I do not like plank rows. Well, they say that coconut oil is a saturated fat, but no cholesterol and the body uses it differently. I had even purchased mct oil and used in salad dressing. Until I started using it so much and full fat coconut products I had not had any problems and health stats were always great. Then they got borderline and finally the plaque showed up and I just pretty much quit it altogether. I use some coconut milk in soup recipes etc, but I do not use the oil anymore. I could be totally off track on that decision, but do not trust it at this point. The Fix it With Food guy uses olive oil in most all recipes except a couple he uses coconut oil. I read something once about the HDL and LDL cholesterol and the body handling fats differently with RA which is a problem for arteries.
Yes, CDorner seems pretty careful with exercises and explaining them or offering other options. I think she did offer something, if you did not want to do that move. She moves fairly quickly as it is cardio based. I did one round and something else the rest of it.

Diane - my doc ask if I wanted an MRI first, I ask for PT first. You can customize nut, soy or gluten free on the planner. I have no allergies to food. FOK does use a nut butter, cashews. I need to check out those tortillas. Thanks about the weight loss. I never hungry.

Hi again,

Walk outside and stretch is done.

DD is coming home form visiting my son and my DIL. I am getting ready to drive Cooper to DC. DH and I probably will stay in DC until tomorrow.

I will check in later. Have a great Friday, everyone.

Morning - I slept icky and my neck is stiff so I did a GHUTV neck and shoulder mobility this morning and then took the dog for a walk. It was already 70 degrees at 6:30 when we headed out - going to be a hot one today!

Yeah, I think I was kinda getting burned out on youtube workouts. So I've headed back into my DVD collection for a while. I want to try out the new stuff on RAW and Cathe Live soon though - as well as maybe try a little more beachbody.

This morning I did CDorner's #121 90's Rock Step Aerobics Workout and loved it. This is the first one hour step workout I've done and my knees didn't like it much. I also had a hard time with losing my breath, I am not used to these kinds of long cardio workouts. I had to pause a couple times to catch my breath. I really miss running, I was NEVER short of breath when I ran. Stupid knees and hamstrings. Makes me mad that I can't run anymore. :( Anyways, this workout was really fun and Chris spends a little time with some of the step moves that were tricky. However, I was able to get them which makes doing it so much more fun!

Workout was 60 minutes, burned 352 calories, did 6191 steps and HR was 111/147. I swear my HR was higher. And I also think I should have burned more calories for sure.

Belinda - I have these containers for my freezer: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BJ72WX6?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details and https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CNFJJX3?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details and bought these for my fridge: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DSHZHJN?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details I love them all and my refrigerator has never been so organized. It really helps to know what's in there so when I make my grocery list I buy what I am running out of instead of something I have already. Love it. My DH loves it too. $89 a year for the FOK meal planner is not bad. I may try it for a year and see how much I use it. So far, I like it. So your bicep is causing you the neck problems? I guess you'll have to wait and see what the xrays show. Scary! Hope you get better soon.

Jolie - Great workout yesterday! Really BIG one! LOL! Roselyn has been posting, you must be missing it. She's around. :)

Diane - I want to try that tabata KB workout too, I was going to do it today but decided on the step one which was really fun. Glad your blood pressure and HR was good, I'm sure you are fine. I hate when doctors seem to try and find things that are wrong. I don't know if that is what your doctor is trying to do, but it seems like that is what most of them do. I'm sure your heart and lungs are fine. The lens was probably dirty and that's what made the blurry mark. :)

Gotta get, I have to do some grocery shopping done. My DH is on vacation next week so I'm not sure what my workout schedule will be like. I might just take the week off since I haven't done that in a long while.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll check in when I can.

Today I did CDorner Best of Cardio Kickboxing and Dance Tabata Mash Up (80's music) 274 calories, 47 minutes, 3,548 steps. I then did her Upper Body and Neck Stretch from today, 22 minutes, 32 calories, 76/90 calories, 15 steps. The cardio workout was a mix of her workouts put together and the abs added on at 36 minutes into the workout then the stretch. Fun workout. You notice the mix as when she hits one part it is older as her puzzle mats are on the floor and the abs are in a gym with two other women. Standing and floor abs that are basic moves.

Debbie, nice workout today. I did that one in June. It is fun to do those moves as she does a great job helping you master them. I went back and looked and my heart rate was 132/175 with that workout. Funny though as I got 319 calories. Thanks for the support on the heart doctor. I don't know, these nodules have been there awhile now. This was my 3rd CT done. This time I go a whole year unless problems and she said they sometimes clear up on their own :) . I guess one of my worries is that my grandmother had breast cancer when I was a teen ager and then later in her 60's she had lung cancer and she did not smoke. It was crazy because she came to Oklahoma from Missouri to see a doctor here and they put her in the hospital and she was gone 3 days later. Maybe a mix of the breast cancer and second hand smoke from when my grandfather smoked when they were young. Who knows. We have a vacation next month so I will have a break then along with these morning appointment days.

Belinda, when I had an HMO for insurance they made me go through several other tests before I was able to get an MRI on my knee and the doctor wanted to just get the mri quick so we could get that torn miniscus fixed. It ended up being a long waiting mess. I would rather do PT first too. My arthritis doctor did do that before we did the mri of my shoulder and neck. Nuts are good for you in small amounts. I have more problems with dairy than gluten and that sort of thing. A little dairy is okay, but it contributes to excess acid and will end up causing the reflux to come back. Great job getting your walk in and stretch before going to DC today.

Doreen, I wake up with a stiff neck a lot and have to do stretches to loosen up before I do much of anything. Nice that you got a stretch and walk in with the pup today.

Good Morning,

We are at our new house waiting on our washer and dryer to be delivered than we are headed back to go to the lake where we have our camper parked. It’s the first time we have used it since we bought it. Stormy here this weekend but we are going to make the best of it. Monday I am going to get to working out and work on finding a new job so sick of the old one we can’t keep help because the boss is such a bitch so the work load is triple for us two fulltimers.

Yesterday was my rest day and I got my new refrigerator delivered. Yes, I have already had to call tech support, the bottom freezer drawer is not aligned correctly so someone has to come out next Wed to fix it. That makes me a tad mad, since spending $4k on the stupid thing, you think it would come perfect, but no! Today I went for an outside walk, 3.6 miles in the hills, 75 minutes and burned 721 calories. My heart rate was 139/183. It is hot and humid here today, AZ is having a Monsoon and the weather is coming this way. My parents are coming to my house tomorrow for a BBQ so I am not sure if I will have time to get a workout in or not.

Roxie, have fun at the lake.

Great workouts yesterday everyone!!! Make it a great Saturday.

DH and I stayed in DC yesterday. We came home this morning.

Debbie- thanks for the links. I bought similar ones at Costco for the fridge. I like the wire ones for the freezer. The price for the FOK wasn't bad for the year. So far, I like it a lot. Yes, the PT thinks it's my biceps. He wants to rule out the problem which can cause pain down your arm isn't my neck. I will see what he is saying next week.

Diane - I do cook with nuts on the FOK planner, they all small amouts. I am not worried about the fat in nuts, since it's the only fat you eat on a vegan diet. MFP fat's never looked that good since I am on a vegan diet, lol.

Jolie - hope you enjoy your new refrigerator. Sorry you had to call the tech right away. Hope they resolve the problem soon.

Roxie - hope you got your washer and dryer. Your new place sounds beautiful

Roselyn - great job today.

Doreen - hope your neck is feeling better.

Today I did CDorner Full Body Workout dumbbell workout at home frpm yesterday. This was 53 minutes(work time 46 min) Garmin always gives me both when I do it as strength and pause rests to write. 137 calories, 99/129 heart rate, 570 steps. I previewed this one yesterday to determine if it was doable. Compound exercises and abs in between rounds. I followed this with one of her cardio mobility and foam roller upper back and shoulders, 45 minutes, 80 calories. Total time 98 minutes, 217 calories. I finally got an egg plant and my dried black beans. I made the Fix it with Food Vegetable chili with eggplant and black eyed peas along with crushed tomatoes and lots of seasoning. It is really good. They have a recipe very similar that they use on a baked sweet potato and in a stuffed pepper with quinoa and the stew. It is just missing a couple of ingredients like cocoa powder and cinnamon.
CDorner Full Body Workout uses dumbbells and gliding discs for one move with other options if something does not work. Not super heavy weights as Chris uses a bit of 15's but mostly 8-12#
warm up
plank/crunches
wall squat with back and head pressed against the wall bent arm lateral raises (she uses 8's) I used 5's
gliders or other option kneel on gliding discs and slide knees in and out
wall sit with hands on thighs applying resistance to knees outward and release
side lunge 1 arm front raise alternating sides (me 5#) I think Chris uses 8#
repeat moves
next round
15's or 12's as Chris gets out both reverse hold lunge and lift heel if you can while doing hammer curls
I used 12's
alternating reverse lunge hammer curls 12's
repeat the reverse lunge heel lift hammer curls on left 12's
Biceps curls m3 10's 2 and 2 alternating
reverse lunge supination cuurls 12's
next round
abs star fish
hollow
twisting plank on forearms
leaning on forearms bicycle
repeat
next round
curtsy 1 arm overhead tricep extension (I tried one and it was painful for that shoulder so did the alternative lunge with kickbacks 10# dbshold in glute bridge skull crusher 12's (me 10's)
plank row kickback or alternative which Chris did because of her shoulder and arm done on knees me 8# db

Roselyn nice work with arms and abs done.

Roxie, finding help right now is tough. Everyone is hiring and no one seems to want to work at a lot of places. If the boss is not good they will not be able to find more help. Enjoy your time in the camper. We have forecast of storms tonight, but so far it is sunny. I think it has kind of dropped off from what they had forecast this morning. It was cloudy this morning. I never enjoyed being in a camp ground in our 5th wheel during hard storms.

Jolie, nice work on the walk. Enjoy your visit with your parents tomorrow.

Belinda, yes, MFP's guidelines were off for health imo. I changed it to my needs. I have to really work at it though as keeping it down to where suggestions are for me is low compared to where I was doing Paleo. Was not good yesterday. We went to Applebees and I got a chicken dish with rice and I could tell it had to be high fat as the sauce was oily looking. It was really good. My husband said someone weighing 109 lbs should not be worrying about fat. I told him it is not the calories, it is the health aspects. I could use weight gain, but not that way.

Last edited:
Today I did CL #136 Upper Body Challenge with the Ball and had a great workout. This workout was 63 minutes, it has a big AB section at the end, and boy are my abs weak. I have to start doing more AB work, that will help my lower back. I had 2 C Sections within 11 months and that really ruined by back, cutting my stomach muscles in half 2 times within a year caused so many issues for me. I look back at my workouts over the years and if I do more core and ab exercises, my back is better, it stays in place. With that said, I have to start doing them more each week. Todays workout I burned 408 calories and my heart rate was 111/150. I might try kick boxing tomorrow If I wake up with enough energy. The weather is humid and hot the past few days and makes my workouts that much harder.

Belinda, nice job on the walk and the LB workout today!

I hope you all have great workouts today, I will check back later to read your posts for the day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.