Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2021

Today I did CDorner No repeat Leg workout w/ dumbbells and bands ( not exactly no repeat , but with some changes) I think I have done this one before and she put it up as a previously filmed. She was cold and wearing a jacket at the start. I remember doing all of the moves 62 minutes, 103/138 heart rate, 184 calories, 728 steps. I also did her full body mobility stretch and release routine for flexibility that she filmed Wednesday. 35 minutes, heart rate 82/109, 58 calories, 197 steps. I also foam rolled my upper back and traps area and did some of my PT exercises for rotator cuff with a 3# db 2 sets 20 reps.
Leg workout
round 1 all done with band standing and ending with 2 floor band moves.
Round 2
reverse lunges 20# dbs
dead lift 20# dbs
walking lunges 10# dbs
side to side lunges 15# dumbbell
bridges with 20# dumbbell
round 3
reverse kubge oykses 20# dbs
3 pulse squat/ deadlift 20# dbs
walking lunge with a knee up and leg lift behind 10# dbs
side lunge 1 dumbbell 15#
floor bridge 20# db 3 pulses
round 4
no weight reverse lunge step back up squat
cross legged deadlift 15# dbsalternating
walking lunges 10# dbs
curtsy lunge 15# db held to chest to keep from turning the body
glute bridge 20# 3 pulses
round 5
reverse lunge 1 leg deadlift 15# dbs
plie squat heel lift
floor 20# db figure four or straight leg lift bridge
forearms right leg lift pulse then leg lift knee in the same on left leg

Belinda, I think that I am due for a dexa scan. It has been maybe 3 years. Since my doctor will be changing, I am not sure. I think that I might have done it at the same place I get mammograms. I could check with my arthritis doctor. I had read all of that on the calcium and more recently reading up on D. Although D was supposed to help with Covid. That is when I started taking it as at our other house I was rarely outside in the sun. Most of the clinicians I have read on Paleo suggest go out in the sun15 to 20 minutes a day and you get your vitamin D. Now my daughter says take vitamin D and slather with sunscreen so you don't get skin cancer. There is cases where the body does not keep enough of certain nutrients though, but I am always a bit worried about taking too much of anything. I do not eat much for dairy anymore. This eating lots of plants is giving me reflux for some reason. I went to bed 2 nights with it and had to take an ant-acid Then it hit this afternoon, but we ate at the Billy Sims BBQ and I got a baked potato topped with some brisket with no sour cream so I don't know. I ate mashed cauliflower with some vegetable chili last night, so maybe that was not good. I need to be careful what I am eating.
I was wondering, my doctor did not say anything, but when looking up side effects of a steroid injection, it says to not exercise for 10 days? Have you heard that.

Roselyn, nice work on getting in the delts.

Jolie, my shoulder is feeling better. I am wondering if it is the steroid injection causing me to not sleep well and have this awful top of the head headache the last two days. I read this afternoon that they can do that. I got 5 hours of sleep again last night. I took 5 mg melatonin and some magnesium with tart cherry and still did not sleep well.
You got in a nice walk again and calorie burn.

Hi,

Walked outside this morning. Picked up my CSA. Been cleaning/chopping and freezing.

Diane - I was told by my doctors nurse when I had low vitamin D to go outside for 15 - 20 min. That would not cause skin cancer. I am very light skin. I used to cover myself in sun tan lotions. No wonder I had low vitamin D levels. Even my Dermatologist told me to get 15-20 min sun, it won't hurt me. I burn early in the sun. I have blond hair, blue eye and I am very light skin. Too much vitamin D can be toxic. I stopped taking VD. I make sure I go outside for 15-20 min each day or a few times a week to get VD :) It's normal if you switch to a plant based diet to have reflux, it will pass. Your body needs to get used to eating a plant based diet. I would highly recommend for you to read The China Study. It would explain a lot of your concern about supplements, food. Follow your doctors advice on exercise. The only time my doctors told me not to exercise, when my knees were badly swollen.

BBL

Reactions: WD
Today I was supposed to do an upper body weight workout but it was so pretty out today I opted for an outside walk instead, working out in a warm garage just did not appeal to me today. I walked up and down hills in the canyon, walked for 1 hour 31 minutes, traveled 4.4 miles and burned a whopping 878 calories. My heart rate was 145/190, there was one hill that I had to stop half way up to catch my breath but when I did get to the top the view of the ocean was worth it!!! My body loves it when I walk, I notice the fat just falling off like magic, it must be the negative ions from being outside vs walking on a TM. I only have 5 more pounds to loose and I will be back where I was 4 years ago, looking my best. However, I have less muscle tone since I am lifting lighter weights now, which I am fine with since I am not in pain at the moment.

Belinda, nice getting a walk in too today! I sit outside every single day for at least 20 minutes reading getting sunlight, it is so important to not use sun screen all of the time. Using too much sun screen can cause cancer because of what is in it and the low vitamin D levels that will occur when using sun screen too much. I am a blond and fair skinned as well and only use 15 sunscreen and it is enough, my Dermatologist says my skin looks good and not skin cancer.

Diane, when I got a Cortisone shot in my foot, it hurt so bad for a year I could barley walk and it make me sick and also gave me a headache. I will never get one again, I have to argue with my foot doctor all of the time about it so I fired him and got a new doctor who will let me listen to my own body. I wish people would keep in mind that Doctors work for us, not the other way around and some of us understand our bodies a lot better than they think they do. Nice low body workout yesterday.

BBL to read the post for the day. Happy Saturday.

I did CDorner Step Aerobics New Choreography today, intermediate/ advanced, 53 minutes, heart rate 130/168, 270 calories, 4,640 steps. She did not talk to people live in this one. I also id CDorner upper back and neck stretch along with the upper back foam rolling from Hips and Upper Back, 32 minutes, 37 calories, 43 steps. Total time today was 85 minutes, 307 calories,4,683 steps. I have cooking to get done and we are going to have to go to a paint store for some touch up paint as what they left in the attic is not good. I slept much better last night. I got some Vital Proteins Zen which is magnesium, gaba, and ashwagandha and just before bed took a 2.5 mg melatonin. I actually got 7 hours of sleep and some deep and lots of rem.

Belinda, I have not put on sunscreen since we moved here. I go out most evenings for a little while cleaning up, wiping the counters, and taking care of flower beds, so more sun than I have been getting. I am a very pale person and if I am outside for a long day which is practically never I do put on some Elta MD sunscreen so I am not burnt to a crisp. I also have blue eyes. I looked at Dr Mcdougles SP site last night and bookmarked. I will read more. When I used to drink the Amazing Grass greens every day I never had reflux. I just started worrying that some of the ingredients might be bothering my allergies and quit. It may be that they do not though. What is CSA? I gather produce?

Jolie, nice job on the walk today. It sounds fun. My headache is a bit better today. I just don't remember that happening the last time, but it is my understanding that the more times it is done the more chances of side effects. That was my second one and I had one years ago after surgery on the torn miniscus. My doctor listens to me and does not push. He just makes suggestions. Both the arthritis doctor and the primary, except I have to find a new primary. You should not have to argue with your doctor. So far I have not had one ask me if I wanted the covid vaccine. The pulmonolgist I saw for the first time asked about the vaccine and I asked aren't you going to ask me if I had it?? They were nice about it though.

Today I did CDorner mobility flow for 30 minutes. We celebrated my daughter's birthday today and played games. Back to workouts tomorrow.

Well, back to workouts today, my DH went back to work. Had a good week and we had fun last week. Did some motorcycle riding, went to the lake and just relaxed. It was nice. I felt bad for him when he left this morning. Why do we have to spend so much of our lives working? It's not right.

Today I had a dentist appointment so only had about 40 minutes to workout. I chose RAW Intervals Training #2. It was just ok, I like some of the other ones better.

About 30 second intervals with hardly any rest. Everything is done twice and then you move onto the next exercise.

Lunge/Knee Up/Overhead Press:
10#
Squat Thrusts/Bicep Curl: 10's (I just did squats/bicep curls)
Lateral/Front Raise: 7.5's
Floor Cardio
Ski Squat:
7.5's
Side Lunge/Hammer Curls: 10's
Dbl Arm Row/Upright Row: 10's
Floor Cardio
Kneeling Top/Bottom Shelf:
10#
Skull Crusher/Situps: 10# - 1 minute
Supine Star Leg Crossover: 1 minute
Floor Cardio
Face Plant Pushups/Knee Ins
Alternate Toe Touch Situps
Plank/Downdog/Shoulder Pushups:
I skipped these, no thanks

Workout was 37 minutes, burned only 149 calories (BS, my HR was up there the whole time, sick of this watch), did 1701 steps and HR was 97/145.

Belinda - I am the same as you, blonde hair, blue eyes and I'm sensitive to the sun. But with my motorcycle riding and lawn work I do, I get a nice tan on my arms. I'm careful with my face due to skin cancer and aging so I do wear an SPF of at least 35 on my face every day. I'm from Italy so I do get a good tan and I'm not so sure why I'm so fair skinned. It's weird. I have not tried any of the recipes you sent me, I'm still working on the ones I got with my first weekly plan. Since my DH was on vacation I didn't get to make many of them. I'll eat the rest this week. They are all very good, I just had the Veggie Fajitas with salsa and avocado. Very good and easy to make. I think my DH is getting more and more interested in the things I've been eating. I actually made some overnight oats for him and he ate one 3 days straight!! I doubt he'll ever eat like I do, but at least he is open to some of it. :)

Jolie - You are getting some awesome walks in, nice job. Walking has always helped me with my weight loss, it is amazing. I hear LA has another mask mandate going on, that isn't a good sign. They are trying to scare us here in Ohio with the variant starting to spread. We have commercials that are saying it's the "unvaccinated pandemic". Wow. Talk about a scare tactic. I've heard that many vaccinated people are getting the variant so once again they are lying for their own benefit. Whatever that is.

Diane - I'm glad to see your shoulder is better. It could have been the shot that did that. Maybe now it will be ok. I have been pain free for weeks now and I bet the second I sit down in my stupid office chair for 8 hours I'll be in pain again. I'm planning on trying to stand most of the day but we'll see how that goes. I wish I could find a job that has me doing more physical work then desk work. Not sure what I would look for, though.

Roselyn - Sounds like you have a lot of pool time! How's your job going?

Roxie - Hope all is well with you!

Have a great day everyone! Time to mop my dining room floor, it is a disaster.

I forgot to post yesterday, I went for a 5.5 mile walk at the beach, time was 1 hour 50 minutes and I burned 956 calories. It was very hot and humid, at least there was cloud cover which made it nicer and easier to tolerate the heat, there is a hurricane off Baja that is pushing up the humidity and temps. Today is my rest day, I worked out 6 days in a row and my feet are tired and so am I!

Debbie, I live in Orange County right below LA County and we do not have a mask mandate because we are a Republican County!!!!!!! LA is a Democratic county and they will push this Covid issue for as long as they can. People are protesting the masks, they will beat down their politicians because their lively hoods are at risk again. My husband works 6 days per week and approx. 14 to 16 hours per day. He just took 3 days off in a row, it was a miracle :) Nice workout today, I am finding it hard to get back in the gym because of the heat issue in my garage. I might have to move some weights into the house.

Belinda, great job with the walk and the workout later on today.

BBL to read your posts for the day.

Hi everyone,

PT went well today. Saw a new PT today. She did some ultrasound on my shoulder/down my arm. It's suppose to help with the pain. She wants me not to use anything heavier than 3 pounds. She said she will show me exercises with the bands next week.She also showed me lots of stretches which I already do with SBF. She was very nice.

Debbie - glad you had an amazing vacation. I am also very sensitive to the sun. That's fantastic that your DH is interesting in your diet. My husband was against it at first but know he loves the food. I love the Veggie Fajitas with salsa and avocado. Those are one of my favorite on the FOK's plan. I love overnight oats. My husband eat everything I make.

Jolie - you go, girl on your walk today. My knees would fall off. I am lucky I can walk for an hour without pain.

Roselyn - hope you had fun yesterday.

Diane - great job on the mobility workout yesterday. I really need to check her workouts out.

That's it for me today.

Today I did Cathe Perfect 30 Low Impact Hiit mix with the bonus cardio pyramid and stretch (modifying the box jumps on the bonus. This was 49 minutes, 263 calories, heart rate 139/177, 3,042 steps. I followed this with Perfect 30 Mobility Flow, which I like better than the strength flexibility, 54 calories, 32 minutes, heart rate 80/102, 190 steps. Total time 81 minutes, 317 calories, 3232 steps. I have not done the Low Impact Hiit much. I am not a real fan of drill type moves, but it was something different and the low impact part really got my heart rate up. Weird that it dropped off on the bonus step cardio pyramid.

Debbie, I am glad you had a nice time while your husband was on vacation. I always enjoy the times when my husband and I just spend some days hanging out and relaxing together. We have a vacation the end of August. Canceled one vacation trip we had because they insisted vaccinated or wear masks. That was Branson and we have never went. We were going to do the show boat. Anyway, we are still trying to decide what to do. Also thought we could just stay in our own state, then we don't have to worry about all of that. It has been years since my husband has had a vacation. He wanted to do it around my birthday.
I don't believe any of their garbage on the virus stuff. My daughter was talking about this stuff yesterday as their closest friends that go with them on vacations a lot and just went this last week down to the beach in Texas as my granddaughter's now fiance set it up for his family from CO to be there as well and he did a beautiful proposal on the beach. She had no idea what he had planned.
Anyway, back to the virus, my daughter said there were several people that volunteered bone marrow (she said crazy) for checking on stuff with the virus and there was a lot of good out of it for getting rid of covid. There are a lot of people that are just not going to get it just like a lot of other things. Also there is a big possibility that it will be like some other viruses that have just finally died out. There are just those that want to keep it going and scaring people although I think there are many people who Are fed up with it and can see through the deceit. They don't worry about people bringing it over some of the boarders. I am going to be so angry if they decide they need virtual school or something again.
Sitting for long periods of time at my computer will bring back the pain again. It hurt some yesterday, but not the shoulder, just neck and traps and I was thinking I should have done the foam rolling along with the mobility.

Belinda, good job on the walk this morning. I hope that PT goes well for you.

Jolie, nice work on the walking. I would not want to work out in the heat, I go in the room and turn on my fan.

Good morning,

Walk outside and SBF D44 Lean and Toned Arms + Tabletop Balance is done,

Diane - my PT went well yesterday. She did an ultrasound on my shoulder/down my arm. It's suppose to help with the pain. Next week she will show my exercises I can do with the bands. She showed me stretches I should do daily. She doesn't recommend using anything higher than 3 pounds. I have another PT on Monday. Friday I have the bone density test. Great job yesterday.

Roselyn - great job yesterday.

I will be back later.

Today I did CDorner's #161 - 45 Minute Cardio Kickboxing Low Impact Options workout. It was fun but tough. She does a few 100 and 50 rep drills in this one. The last one I couldn't do because my knees were really bothering me. I just did punching drills on my own instead. Fun workout, I enjoy her kickboxing workout because she includes kicking. Kelly for some reason does not do kicking in her KB workouts which is odd.

Workout was 48 minutes, burned 310 calories, did 4824 steps and HR was 123/167.

I blew a blood vessel in my left eye on Friday and I have a large pool of blood in the outer corner whites of my eye. It looks horrible. I'm not sure if I should go see my eye doctor or not? My mom used to get these when she sneezed. Friday morning when I got up my eye was fine when I was putting my makeup on. When I went to take my makeup off, it was all red and gross looking. I must have sneezed or coughed or something. I have an appointment for my thermagraphy Thursday and I'm getting some blood work done. I will see what I am deficient in because I'm always breaking blood vessels in my fingers. And now my eye. Something isn't right.

Jolie - I'm so sick of hearing about COVID again. It was gone from the news for a while and now it's back. Ridiculous. However, now they are only giving us % rates, not numbers. The CDC isn't updating their website with covid numbers either. What is going on? It's too bad you can't make a workout room in your house, I think it would be hard to workout in a garage. But we do what we have to, right? I hope the heat goes away soon, you guys are getting hit hard. We have haze here from all the wild fires in the west, I can't believe it's reaching us. So scary how bad that must be.

Belinda - I'm glad your PT session went well, I hope it helps. You're lucky your DH eats what you do, not sure my husband will get that far with this. I was just happy he tried the overnight oats. Have you tried the Peanut Noodles with Vegetables yet? It was one I sent to you. OMG is it good, I love it. I made it again last night and ate the whole 2 servings in one sitting. LOL!!

Diane - Great workout yesterday, I don't care much for drill type workouts either, but sometimes they are good to do. I don't get all this push on the vaccination either, it doesn't make any sense to me. What is their end game here? That is crazy about the bone marrow donations, wow. I would not do that. And yep, it seems people coming over our borders is ok with everyone. WTH??? And now they just opened borders to Canada so what is really going on? If this variant is so bad, why are borders being opened? I just don't get it.

Roselyn - Great workout!! Hope your job is going well.

Going to my moms to cut grass. I have two more weeks and then I'm back to work. This vacation flew by but I got a lot done and feel pretty accomplished. Not looking forward to going back and sitting all day, that thought just turns my stomach. Wish I could find a job where I can be physically active. But what?

Debbie - glad you like the Peanut Noodles with Vegetables. I think I made them before, I have to check in the planner. I made so many new recipes since signing up. I am glad DH eats everything I make too. It's a lot easier than cooking 2 different meal each day. There are so many amazing, yummy recipes on the planner. Be honest, so far we like everything I made. He really loves the sandwich a lot. Give it a try. Now I will check out the Peanut Noodles with Vegetables.

Debbie - yes, I have made the Peanut Noodles with Vegetables before. Today is Mushroom Quesadillas on the planner. I already made it this weekend. So yummy, btw! I don't want to make it again today. I have all the ingredients without going to the grocery store. I will make the Peanut Noodles. Nothing wrong eating 2 servings in one sitting, lol. I have done that before.

Today is one HOT MOTHER and I had to workout in the garage so I was drenched by the time I was finished working out. I did put my door up like always and there was a nice breeze off the ocean this morning and that with a fan blowing on me it made it bearable. Todays workout was Vertical Loading #2 and I had a great workout, but boy am I weak from taking so much time off of lifting. I added some ABS and Rowing at the end and I feel great. Workout was 1 hour and 8 minutes and I burned 507 calories. My calorie burn was higher than normal because I added the rowing and I think the heat makes your burn more calories too. Heart rate was 123/167. My son is going to have to come back from college after he moves to his new Town Home on Wed. because the smoke is so bad in Nevada they cant even go outside. School doesn't officially start till August 11 so that gives him some more time for play! Anyone that opted out from taking the Covid Vaccine is now off the football team!!!!!!!! I feel that is against the young men's Constitutional Rights!!!! Now we have to come up with a ton of money to pay for his last year of school since he lost his scholarship due to standing up for what he believes in. I swear, if you are a Republican at the Universities now days, you are treated like crap! Amazing! I am so proud of my son for telling his coaches that he is his own man and he will make the decisions that he sees fit for himself, not a bunch of coaches that really don't care about anyone or anything except winning.

Debbie, great job on the workout today. I want to start kick boxing once it cools down a little, maybe I could do it in my living room! Have fun at your moms house today, I know mowing the lawn is a workout in itself. No smoke in Southern California yet, probably because it has been off shore winds and it is pushing the smoke East. You might want to up your Grape Seed Extract or Resveratrol along with Vit C, MSM, and get an eye formula like Eye Bright or something with Bilberry Extract in it. That should help strengthen the walls of the Capillaries in your body and the Bilberry is awesome for eye support. I think you should be a PE teacher, out and about all day and getting kids motivated to move and workout! Also, another great job for you would to be in sales, working for the Book Companies that sell to the schools, you would be out in the field all day! I have a friend that does this job and loves it.

Belinda, I am glad your PT appointment was a success. I hope you start feeling better soon. I started taking the Tart Cherry and it really helps with inflammation and pain along with MSM, Vit C, Grape Seed Extract and a joint supplement.

Diane Sue, I sure hope you don have to home school next year either!!!! First off, it is not fair to the children!!! Nice workout yesterday, you are really doing better.

Roselyn, nice workout yesterday!

Make it a great day, it will be a scorcher here today and we have no air conditioning except for the portable one I bought for the Master bedroom for sleeping. I got it at Costco and it works great, it just is so loud it sounds like an airplane taking off.

Today I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 Boogie I.T. (a bit of the one that is kickbox also because I clicked the wrong workout) 32 minutes, 197 calories, heart rate 145/173, 3,257 steps. I then did CDorner Intense Hiit workout from today and stopped at 23 minutes as I just wanted a bit more, but this uses weight for some and quite a few bear moves, 122 calories, heart rate 134/171, 1,027 steps. I finished off with CDorner Full Body Stretch flexibility and mobility, 28 minute, 54 calories, 36 steps, heart rate 85/106. This one hit everything, but a bit more lower focused I was not quite so much enjoying the hands toward m stretch where she moved back into a child pose. I think someone else said something as she was saying she was sorry she did not see their post and she moved into something that loosened up the wrists some. I have done this before, but it is uncomfortable and I felt we were doing it too long. It has some different moves in it and she finishes off with some stuff for shoulders and neck.
Intense Hiit first 2 rounds
rnd 1 jump forward squat/hop/jack
squat/heel lift/kick option otherwise you go into a bear and jump
lunge/knee up/switch
bear/jack/ knee tap
This is done 3 times
rnd 2 jack and hops
squat/heel lift/kick option otherwise you go into a bear and jump
Bear/cross over to pick up dumbbell row I used a 10# db 1 round then 1 round did the optional
bent over dumbbell rows with 10's
This is done 3 x and I did only 2 as I did not want to push the shoulder that much
I keep having reflux :( miserable. I am thinking maybe it is because I have been incorporating beans and a little corn. Maybe it is lectins? I don't know. I might experiment. I like the beans and stuff though. Maybe just too much. Also Whole Foods subbed some different Forager Cashewgurt that is greek style and it was brown. It has brown rice and watermelon seed in it? It kind of tastes weird to me.

Belinda, nice work today with the walk and SB work. They had me use up to 3# for PT and tubing. The 3# hurt though and they dropped it down a bit. I gradually upped the weight at home. I have never heard of doing an ultrasound to help with the pain before. I hope the results are good for you on the bone density. I need to address this with my doctor when I go to one again as I think it has been 3 years since I had one. They used to do it every 2 years.

Debbie, they are letting them in before voting comes up again. I am sure that is it as well as they are trying to change how voting is done to allow anyone to vote. They do not care at all really about covid. If they said too much everyone would have a fit about what they were doing. I do not know why on the raw channel Kelly does not do more kickboxing. She has kicking on one of her newest kickboxing workout dvds. I do like CDorner for kickboxing. It is fun, intense, and not spending so long over working just the upper body so hard. I get it, but after awhile they body fights back from overuse and repetitive movement. I have fun with Kelly's and like the ones better where she moves from boxing to something else and back like in intervals. I remember that interval workout you did yesterday and think I have done it twice only because the second time I forgot that I did not like some of the moves, like the kneeling put up on the shelf and take off. It does seem like summer has gone way to fast.

Jolie, that is just not right. You have every reason to be proud of your son for standing up for right rather than taking the easy way . I have heard so many stories and seen cases on fox news that are terrible where young people have died from that vaccine. He can stand proud that he stood up and did not buckle to demands. It is hard working out with no air when it is so hot like that. I did that last year when the air was not working and we had to get someone out. The heat was stifling upstairs and I was drenched when I would finish a workout. I just added reservatol to my list of supplements that I picked up on for auto immune support. I also picked up some more oregano oil drops since I was almost out since it says that it helps with spondylitis. I have used the other bottle in place of olive oil infused oregano for salad dressing and some sauces lately.
It is bad for the children not to be in school. Many will be struggling as it is as not all have someone sitting at home helping and encouraging to learn. Our churches school is struggling getting their 5th grade teacher. They have someone from Canada that was supposed to come, but having a hard time getting her visa to get here in time. They do do background checks on everyone. It would be a shame if they had to close because of not having a teacher. I don't get the hard time with a visa when they let all of these people flow over the borders.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.