Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2020

Good morning,

SBF D6 Active Stretch is done.

Debbie - sorry about your shoulder. Hope you feel better.

Happy 4th of July everyone.

Reactions: WD
Diane - I'm sorry to hear about your neck and shoulders. This is ridiculous, isn't it? Why aren't we healing? I feel better today but my back feels like I was beat, it feels all bruised. Wiping that siding down about killed me. I'm sorry that yoga workout made you worse, I've done yoga before that pulled muscles or made me hurt. You would think yoga would do the opposite. I think we should stick with Lindsey! Take care and be careful this weekend. Maybe take a break from everything if you can.

Happy 4th of July my friends! Today I feel great, I got 10 hours of sleep and feel so refreshed. I gave my dog one of his pain pills for when his shoulder hurts, which it did because he went down the stairs, and it knocked him out all night! :) We all got the best nights sleep last night :) Today I did Total Body Workout #2 of my own but this time I did not use the rowing machine because I am now going to the beach for a walk, so that will be my cardio portion of the workout. I did 4 rounds of the circuit, x16, x 14, x 12, x 10 reps of each exercise. Workout was 44 minutes and I burned 321 calories.

Warm Up from a CL workout

Chest Flies- 15's x 16, x 14, x 12, x 10 ( 4 rounds ) ( need to go heavier next time )
Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs- 60#
1 Arm Lat Raise- 10#
Hammer Curls- 15's ( need to go heavier next time )
Cable Triceps Ext. Pull Downs- 40# ( these were tuff stuff, went heavier this time )
Squats- 12's x 16 reps for each round
ABS- 4 different exercises to failure
Leg Curls- 20# x 16 each time

I really need to get 17# DB's but they are really hard to find. I know I have used them in gyms before so why cant I find them online?

Debbie, Oh no your shoulder is hurting! Crap! I hope you feel better soon. I find my shoulders hurt when I do kick boxing workouts, all of those punches with weighted gloves does a number on them. Have you done any lately, I cant remember? I hope you get to see your mom today! My parents are going to my sisters house for a BBQ so my husband and I are going out to dinner, a table that over looks the ocean and then to see fireworks from your balcony with our fire pit on :)

Belinda, great job on the active stretch today, way to go for us!

Diane Sue, Wow, I am sorry to hear about your neck and shoulders :( Please feel better soon. P. S. we got the mouse in a trap last night but I am sure there are more of them hiding!

Have the most wonderful 4th of July. Did you all get to see President Trumps speech last night at Mount Rushmore? Amazing man, so happy he is our President. The fly over of his airplane and the Blue Angles was incredible.

This morning I was still in a lot of pain in my neck. I did some light movement and stretching and then did Jessica Smith Walk Strong and Have Fun Step and Stride which was 29 minutes, 142 calories. Mainly did it to loosen up and then I did Lindsey Samper yoga therapy neck and shoulders. I think it was #7. That is it . It felt better for a couple of hours then the rest of the day I have iced and taken Advil and read everything I could trying to find something to help. Nothing found that I have not already been doing. I think next week I will be going lighter with stuff. I have two appointments with at the Heart Hospital this week and I am watching my 5 year old grandson on Wednesday for awhile. So, I will be busy anyway. Nothing that is a big deal with the heart hospital. I changed the appointment to two days because I originally was supposed to go in for the heart CT and then see the doctor 2 and a half hours later. I did not want to sit there that long. It is just to check the lung nodules they saw when I had the scan 6 months ago. The doctor just said it is not unusual to find nodules when checking the heart and we will just make sure they aren't changing for awhile.
Happy 4th of July!!

Belinda, nice work with SB today.

Debbie, I hope you feel better and can rest the area. When I was going to the physical therapist I got this great idea since I was feeling better to wash the curtains and in the sun room and scrub down all of the windows and cleaning the frames around the glass. I hurt so bad after I did that. Lots of reaching high places while cleaning. I have hurt myself doing yoga in the past. Reading they say yoga and pilates is good as it helps get some space in the spine. I never cared much for pilates and still some moves are not good. The whole thing is ridiculous. I was just starting to get in some better weight workouts. I really did want to do another this week of at least areas that were not going to hurt, but was afraid to pick up weights with the pain I am in right now.

Jolie, lucky you getting that much sleep. I thought I did good when I got 7 hours 1 day this week. Glad you caught a mouse and your dog slept last night. Hopefully you don't find many more. One time there was open land by one of our houses. The votech school was there, but still pretty small. They started clearing the land to add more buildings and mice came in our house in droves. One week we caught 12 of them. it was a nightmare.

Roselyn, thanks.

Hi everyone,

I walked 2 miles outside, it was hot outside. I also did SBF D7 Active/Relax stretch = 15 min + Lower Body Stretch Target = 9 min.

I am starting L4 Week 8 tomorrow.

Jolie - glad you and your dog got a good night sleep :) Hope you enjoyed your walk on the beach yesterday. Nicely done on your workout.

Debbie and Diane - I hope you both feel better soon.

Hope you all had a safe 4th of July yesterday. I will be back tomorrow.

I forgot to post this yesterday : "Well I'm back. We made it up and down Pikes Peak in about 5 hours. My fitbit said over 43k in steps, 3,966 calories and 353 minutes LOL! I was going to take today as a rest day but my son wanted to go a ride the chute - which means you have to do the "ladder" first! So I did a bike ride this morning - pretty tired."

Good morning,

L4 Week 8 Day 1 Chest + Back Circuit plus SBF Day 8 Week 2 Adv. Barre Cardio = 40 min of the TB Barre 2020 challenge is done.

Have a great Monday everyone.

Yesterday my husband and I went for a walk at the beach. 1 hour, 3 miles and I burned 531 calories. We walked on a hard packed sand trail so it was much harder than walking on the street. Today I was supposed to do my own circuit workout but my knees are sore so I just did a CL upper body workout, #276 Upper Ball Tastic and had a good workout, though I thought it was a little easy. I added 100 rows at the end at the highest resistance. Workout was 1 hour 5 minutes and I burned 408 calories. My ankle and foot are hurting really bad from that soft tissue growth, it is much bigger today and is pushing on a nerve or something. It is right in the crease where my foot flexes so it is constantly being irritated when walking anywhere. I will ice it now and see if that helps. I go Thursday to the Podiatrist to have it looked at and get a game plane from there. I hope I don't have to have surgery.

Doreen, WOW on that walk you took with your daughter!!!!!!!!!! I would be dead LOL! Nice job going out with your son the next day, you are a warrior.

Belinda, Great job on the workout, I cant believe you are in week 8 already!

Diane Sue, how are you feeling today? Maybe you should have a rest week completely, no stretching!

Debbie, I hope you have a great workout today or maybe you are taking a vacation rest day.

Roselyn, Nice job with After Burn, that is a great workout.

BBL to read your posts and have a great day. It will be hot here today...

Today I am somewhat better. I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong 4 mile power walk, 76 minutes, heart rate 130/176(not bad since my resting heart rate this morning was 58 to start) 7,602 steps. I got in 3.25 miles. So far I can never get in 4 miles with this, even when I up it into some jogs and move through breaks at a quicker pace. I then did Lindsey Samper Yoga Therapy Neck and Shoulder pain #11 and also a bit of stretching for my hip flexors and quads. I sat way too much this weekend. Total time today was 1 hour 47 minutes, 467 calories, 7,695 steps.
I am hoping to get a little housework in today and get to bed early for my appointment in the morning.

Belinda, nice that you got in a good walk and workout yesterday along with the SBF stretching and today's Lift 4 and Barre work.

Roselyn, good job on getting After Burn in today. That is a good one.

Doreen, that was one long hike up and down Pikes Peak. I don't think I would have the strength for a bicycle ride the next day. Great job!

Jolie, nice that you and your husband got a walk in together at the beach. I am sorry you had to switch up and just do an upper body workout. Sending prayers your way for another alternative over surgery on your foot. I feel somewhat better today, but am going to take it down this week and do stretching that I know is not going to cause problems. I was extra gentle with some of the stretches today. I did nothing yesterday and was too still all day. That just makes for more pain. I need to move and definitely not sit most of the day. I migrated from a barstool to the recliner and other than church, a restaurant, and gathering together trash and putting it out, and making a quick light dinner, I sat. I woke at 5:30 so sore and stiff. Adjusted my position and rotated my head back and forth a bit and went back to sleep till 7.

No workout this week for me, we are siding our house and I have been cutting boards and going up and down ladders. Yesterday my FB said I went up 38 flights of stairs, I believe it. I am sore all over and my upper and lower back are killing me tonight. I am getting ready to get in the shower and then do some stretching and use my massage thing on my entire back. This is hard work, we are hoping to be done with the one side tomorrow. We have all the prep work done, now we just do the siding and that doesn't take long except for cutting the siding to fit. My husband twisted his back the first hour we started working on the house yesterday, he is in some major pain but still worked on it yesterday and today. I don't know how he is doing it. He was standing on a thing (not sure how to explain it) that makes you level on a roof, so this thing looks like a ladder but you walk on it. Well, it has metal plates so you can stand on it and one of the plates just fell out while he was on it. It jerked him pretty bad and he twisted his back. I feel so bad for him. I hope he gets better soon.

Well, that's all for me, I want to do personals but I am so tired and sore. I'm hoping to have time to get in here after tomorrow if we get done.

Diane - So sorry to hear you are hurting again, I hope that goes away soon. I'm praying that I don't get worse or that my low back goes out, now that I couldn't handle.

Jolie - Also sorry to hear about your foot. Hope you can get that taken care of soon.

See you everyone!

Good morning,

L4 week 8 D2 Legs lift and SBF D9 week 2 Upper Body 4 is done.

I will be back to catch up on personals.

This morning I did Fit Split kickboxing and then the first section of Fit Split low impact cardio (up until she pulls out the discs - I don't have discs outside).

Debbie - I hope your husband feels better and you can get your project done! Sounds like a lot of work!! More than working out!

No workout today. My foot is so swollen, I think it needs to be adjusted as well as the lump taken care for the pain to go away. Also, my mom just called me and my dad was rushed to the hospital. He is 87 years young. I thought it might be the Covid virus but he says his hips are killing him and his head. They just did a CAT scan so I am waiting to hear back with the results. He thinks he got food poisoning and that is what is causing him to vomit and have a really bad headache. I am sure they will test him for Covid. They will not even let my mom in the hospital to see him, absolutely no visitors because they cant have anyone that might have the virus contaminate the hospital. I am going to take a shower just in case I need to rush to the desert and be with my mom. I don't want to get her sick if I have the Covid virus. What a mess!

My MIL is in hospice. I agree with Jolie on the mess with Covid. We are going through the same with my MIL in FL. It's heartbreaking! I feel bad for my husband he can't not be with his mom.

Debbie - hope your husband is ok. That sounds like a lot of work you guys are doing. Good luck with it.

Jolie - I will say a prayer for your dad (((HUGS))) Sorry about your foot.

This morning I had an appointment early so I did a not so sweaty workout when I got home. I did Fit Tower Advanced Legs, Glutes, and Core, 50 minutes, heart rate 91/140, 80 calories,355 steps, followed by To the Mat Legs and Glutes Timesaver All Ball, 21 minutes, 28 calories, heart rate 88/108, 129 steps. I finished with Lindsey Samper Safe Stretches, 19 minutes, 20 calories, 65 steps. Total time 90 minutes, 128 calories, 549 steps.

Debbie, I hope you husband will be alright. I hope you are okay after all of that work. That type of work challenges the muscles a whole lot different than our workouts. Take care of yourself. 38 flights of stairs is a lot. I did somewhere in the 30's when we were doing the bath toilet and tile. Just getting things and putting things away. Sometimes I wish we did not have an upstairs. It made my knees hurt for a couple of days. I am gradually feeling better and not pushing it. Kelly has a new Weights 2 up on her Raw channel. I previewed and wrote down moves. Every move is done twice and 45 seconds each set. I wrote down all of the moves except the abs section. It is 42 minutes. When I can I will do it. She uses 3 sets of weights and the only overhead press seems to be the sit ups to push overhead with 10# dumbbells.

Belinda, nice work on Lift 4 and SBF.

Doreen, nice workout choices. I prefer the part of Fit Split Low Impact that is not gliding discs anyway. :)

Jolie, that is terrible about your Dad and that no one can go into the hospital. I am sure you are terribly worried about your parents. I know the heart hospital that I went to today did not allow anyone but the patients to come in without special authorization. I just can't imagine hurting and being sick and no one being able to be there with me. This virus or any virus is worrisome with the elderly. Sending Prayers out for you and your parents.

Belinda, that is so sad that your husband cannot be with his mother. I wish there was some way they could change this. We don't want to pass anything to our family, but rough not being able to be their for them. It just is not right.

Good morning,

SBF D10 Week 2 Barre 8 = 33 plus Day 11 Countertop UB/Quick Planks = 22 min is done.

I am getting my hair done tomorrow. I probably will do L4 Shoulder/Arms Circuit later today? Haven't decided if I want to get up early in the morning before I get my hair done.

Have a great day everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.