Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for JULY 2018

Today I did Kelly's workout - Muscle Up/Lift to 2B Fit Workout 2, and had a really good workout. So I am taking next week off, my DH and I are on vacation and we will be going here and there next week, so not sure I will have time to workout. If I can, I will. So if you don't hear from me, that is why.

Super Set #1
Sumo Squats
- 25's - 8 reps
Bridges - 25# - 16 reps
Total of 2 sets no rest

Super Set #2
Lunges
- 15's - 8 reps each leg
Stiff-Leg Deadlifts - 25's - 8 reps
Total of 2 sets no rest

Super Set #3
Curtsy Lunges
- 15's - 8 reps
Praying Frog Squats - 16 reps (loved these!!)
Total of 2 sets not rest

Super Set #4
Flip Curls/Pledges
- 15's - 4 sets each
Skull Crushers - 15's - 8 reps
Total of 2 sets not rest

Super Set #5
Side Curls
- 15's - 8 reps
Overhead Triceps Extensions - 25# - 8 reps
Total of 2 sets no rest

Super Set #6
Hammer Curls -
15's - 8 reps
Kickbacks - 10's - 8 reps
Total of 2 sets no rest

I need to go up in all the bicep work.

Workout was 30 min., burned 184 calories, HR was 118/179.

Then I did Ripped Abs II from Candace Grasso. That is a great ab workout.

I also walked on my treadmill for 42 minutes, burned an additional 237 calories, went 2.1 miles and did 5081 steps. HR was 91/127.

Diane Sue - That Front/Back workout is a really good one, I need to do that one again. I was thinking I might do some Cathe after my break next week, we'll see. I'm still loving Kelly's workouts for now. Nice job on your workouts!! The only thing I'm on media-wise is Twitter.

DOZ - Hope you are getting your workouts in. Isn't it nice out today? Finally out of that humid weather. It actually feels very cool outside. Love it!!

Roselyn - Is that a Cathe live workout?

Jolie - We had fireworks all around us on the 4th, doesn't stop me from sleeping. LOL! I sleep like the dead every night. Last night we had a storm go through and I fell asleep right in the middle of that as well. Have a great workout today!!

Hope you all had a great weekend and workouts next week!! I'll check in when I can.

Today I did my own total body workout, 2 rounds of the circuit, x 12 reps, 30 minutes, no rest between sets and I burned 234 calories. I walked my dog 2 miles for my warm up. I also did STS warm up meso 2 disc.

Incline Chest Press- 25# x 12 ( 2 rounds of this circuit )
Incline Chest Flies- 17# x 12
DB's Pullovers- 15# x 12
1 Arm Horz. Rows- 20# x 12
Upright Rows- 17# x 12
Rear Flies- 10# x 12 ( should have gone heavier )
W Curls- 15# x 12
21's- 12# x 12
Cross Body Lying Ext.- 12# x 12
Close Grip Chest Press- 20# x 12
Leg Ext.- 50# x 20
Leg Curls- 20# x 20

I skipped ABS because I started my period after 6 months of not having one and I am absolutely dying, so NO!

Debbie, great workout today. I am going to order some Kelly workouts this weekend and join in on the fun. Have a fantastic vacation with your hubby and enjoy your rest, you have been killing it lately!

Diane Sue,
I hope you have a great workout today. It is so hot here today, it is supposed to hit over 110 degrees!!! I have air conditioning in my gym room thank God! I will check back later to see what you do today.

DOZ and Roselyn, I am sure you are killing it today in your workouts.

Happy Friday.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #2 Circuits. This is actually 38 minutes but took me 47 minutes writing things down and letting my dog out twice!! She was urgent enough to finally head butt me to get me to let her out the second time. She's been acting off this last week. Not sure what it is. Anyway this was 285 calories, heart rate average 118, max 166, 1,876 steps met 5.5. I then did Home Gym Intervals 2 , 37 mutes, heart rate average 121, max 159, met 5.8, 1,544 steps. Total time was 84 minutes, 521 calories.
Home Gym Intervals 2 has 3 cardio segments and kelly does them with no equipment. I used the spin bike for some of it. The rest is all weight and strength segments. I did not write down all of the moves here and need to go back and rewatch it so I can add it to my notebook. She did do a squat thrust to bicep curl, a plank push up knee in, pike push up plank , and some abs at the end. That is what I recall right now. ;)
Raw Intervals #2 Kelly uses 7# dumbbells she goes through this whole sequence twice altering the moves or doing no weights the second time
plank pulls/plank jacks
biceps run curls I used 8# first then 7.5 Bowflex second time
lunge switch 8# first time 5# second time no weight
rope/ jack/ knee/knee
lateral raise/ single lateral raise 7.5#
frog squat/lunge left and right 8# dbs (second time no weight)
upper cuts hop forward and back/just upper cut
triceps extension/ triceps pull to front and overhead into extension 8# dbs
squat pops/ squat heel click 7.5# no weight second time through
curtsy/scales alternating sides used 8# kelly does no weight the second time
plank/star (plank raise arm up to side)
break and repeat all

Debbie, nice work on Muscle Up today. I try to make my workouts shorter when my husband is home. He works out in the mornings too, but is usually done before me. He is off the next 3 days. Enjoy your rest days. I am not sure what I will do tomorrow. Maybe Kelly's Cardio Crush from the YouTube Raw workouts. I just want cardio tomorrow and extra stretching. You are lucky you sleep through things. I sure don't. I thought I heard a beep this morning at four and I think it was the ceiling fan motor.

Jolie, I have air and a large stand fan in my workout room. It is much more exhausting working out when it is hot. Nice job on the workout today.

Hi to Doz:)

Today's workout was Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Crush, 32 minutes, average heart rate 140, max 169, 204 calories, met 5.8, 1,994 steps. This was four sets of each move before moving on to the next, 1 segment used an optional loop band, it uses step and floor. That one is from the youtube raw workouts. I then did Coffey Fit Raw stretch 28 minutes, 66 calories, 104 steps. Total time 60 minutes, 270 calories. We have our pastor and wife coming over later and are going to dinner :) Always enjoy our visits with them.

Yesterday it was so hot it got to 124 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the hottest it has ever been at my house. Today is a cool 112 degrees so I did not workout. My house is cool but to go outside is ridiculous. When I dropped my son off at the beach yesterday at 4pm it was 110 degrees. This weather is so crazy. We are going to the mountains tomorrow to visit my parents, it is cool and we cant wait. No workout because it will be an all day trip. See you on Monday.

Roselyn, I guess I don't remember that workout. I have not done Crossfire for awhile either.

Jolie, that is too hot!! I would not want to do much of anything in that heat. The mountains will be nice.

(((I am back))))

Hello everyone:) all is well. With me being so busy with family; I made last week my recovery week.
Today, I started Meso 2, with a nice long walk, while planning my workout regimen for the week, looking forward to getting back into the swing of things, ttyl :cool:

Today's workout was Coffey Fit Raw Tabata weights, 36 minutes, 159 calories, met 4.0, 842 steps. I then did Kelly's 30 minutes to fitness lean body circuits mix hi/lo, 20 minutes 127 calories, met 5.8, heart rate average 140, max 155, 1,969 steps. Total time 56 minutes, calories burned 286. I have a lot to do today so needed this to not be too long.
I really liked the format of Tabata Weights. Time went by quickly.
Weights Rounds 1-3 timed at 20 seconds per exercise no rest between
1 arm row 15# heavy
bench press 15#
biceps 12# dbs (I think Kelly uses 10's)medium
lateral and front raise 8# dbs light
squats 15#dbs heavy
suitcase dead lift 15# dbs heavy
round 4 and 5 raise weights to 20 heavy, 15,medium, light 10
same exercises except biceps are supinated curls and front lateral raise is just lateral raise
round 6 is not timed and all the exercises done as in 4 and 5 are done at 12 reps each

Doz, nice workout today. I hope that you enjoyed your recovery week :)

I just wrote my whole post and it totally disappeared! I am only going to post my workout now because I am sick of typing!!! Total Body workout, 4 rounds, 10 reps per exercise, 50 minutes and I burned 312 calories including my warm up and stretch at the end. I used only DB's and leg Machines.

Chest Press- 27# x 10 ( 4 rounds )
1 Arm Rows- 27# x 10
Seated Overhead Press- 20# x 10
Bicep Curls- 17# x 10 ( could go heavier but 20# DB's are too heavy )
Lying Triceps Ext.- 15# x 10
Leg Ext- 60# x 14
Leg Curls- 22.5# x 12
ABS- 4 different exercises to failure

Diane Sue, that workout looks so good. I previewed it on YouTube this weekend and want to try it. Good job! How is the weather where you live? It is so hot here it is so hard to workout.

DOZ- Nice job on the run and the STS Meso 2 workout today! I hope you enjoyed your recovery week!

I am struggling with Menopause symptoms again. I am really sick of this, it has been over a year and I just want to feel normal again. Gaining Weight, Breast tenderness so bad i can barely wear a sports bra, pms symptoms and on and on. Sorry, I just had to vent!

Have a lovely day.

Jolie, I have lost my posts right in the middle of typing. It ends up being the condesed version when I do it again. The Tabata weights is Kellys newest addition to her streaming. I dont think it is on youtube. I liked it. It was pretty quick without rests.

Roselyn, nice work today on Cathe live.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #3, 28 minutes(32 with writing it out) 206 calories, met 5.8, heart rate 115 average, 153 max, 1,813 steps.
I stopped here. I am just so tired. I have been coughing like crazy and hardly sleeping. There is just not that much energy there and I have my grandson here and vacation Bible school to go to with my daughter and her children this evening.
Raw Intervals #3 no fancy footwork for the step and cardio portions, everything has a fast paced low weight followed by a heavier weight for each body part Kelly uses 3# and 10# dumbbells, you need a warm up for this
step
3# quick biceps curls followed by slower curls with 10#
ski runs and jacks
bent arm lateral raise with pulses 3# followed by 10# lateral rases
step single leg knee pulls
triceps 3# run followed by 10# alternating kickbacks
step scissors / pop squats done in sets of 8 with a pause
pec dec 3# pulses followed by 10# pec deck
step lateral leg lifts with arm movements
back rows 3# fast followed by 10# rows
waist line side to side bends followed by seated on step knee ins

I ordered a Kelly Coffey Meyer dvd last night off of Amazon. I think it is called Build and Burn. The workouts look fun so I thought i would give it a try.

Today I went for a walk early to beat the heat! I walked 6 miles, 1 hour 55 minutes and I burned 891 calories.
My shoulder is sore again today, I have no idea when I pulled it, but I know it was during my workout. I have some anti inflammatory cream I am putting on it but no change as of yet.

Diane Sue, I hope you feel better. That was a good idea that you stopped where you did today, it's not worth pushing it. Enjoy your time with your family. Nice job on the workout, that looks like fun!

Roselyn, good job with the Cathe Live workout yesterday!

DOZ, I hope you have a nice workout today.

Have a nice day.

Evening guys,

Busy morning, time to relax:cool: This morning I did Kick Punch and Crunch standing legs premix. This workout never gets boring, and it’s always a challenge. Then I went for a brief walk; it was only 45 minutes, so enjoyable. My upper body so sore eek :eek: After these remaining 4 weeks of STS, I’m going to move on, it’s time I’m getting bored.

Nice workouts everyone, you guys are hardcore ;) Have a great evening all

OMG is all I can say about today's workout. I did Biceps, triceps, legs, abs, cardio in small circuits, a total of four. I did Biceps, triceps, legs, 3 rounds and abs and cardio-Jumping Jacks 2 rounds. Reps varied depending on the exercise and this was very tough!!! Workout was 56 minutes and I burned 516 calories. I am soaking wet and ready to eat! I used DB's and some machines.

Bicep Curls- 17# x 12 ( 3 rounds of each circuit, abs and jumping jacks 2 rounds )
lying triceps ext.- 15# x 12
plie squats- BW x 25
ABS- Leg raises alt.- x 30
Jumping Jacks- x 25

Hammer Curls- 17# x 12
Cross Body Ext.- 12# x 12
Leg Ext.- 60# x 14
ABS- Diaganol bend leg raises x 20
Jumping Jacks- x 25

W Curls- 15# x 12
2 arm kickbacks- 10# x 12
Leg Curls- 22.5# x 12
ABS- bicycles x 30
Jumping Jacks x 30

Preacher Curls- 15# x 12
Triceps Pulldowns- 30# x 15
Front Squats- 12# x 25
ABS- Crunches x 30
Jumping Jacks x 25

My shoulder is still hurting, i think it is out of allignment. I will have to work on it today to see if I can get it to go back. Hot again today but I have to turn the air conditioner off because we will never be able to pay the bill!!!!!

I will check back in to see what you ladies do for workouts today!

Have a wonderful day!

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Just Step 25 minutes, heart rate average 136, max 159, 161 calories, met 5.8, 2,183 steps. I followed this with Ice Low Impact sweat workout 2 skipping the warm up , 22 minutes, heart rate average 128, max 159, met 5.9, 144 calories, 1,385 steps. Total time was 47 minutes, 305 calories. I had my appointment for the thyroid ultrasound and dexa scan this morning.

Doz, I bet you are getting bored after two rounds of STS. Nice work :)

Jolie. it is 95 here today and feels like 101 right now. Terribly hot! I find if I go very heavy on arms I feel it in my shoulders when they are hurting. Good workout today. I hope you can get the shoulder straightened out.

Roselyn, I would like to try Les Mills on Demand sometime. I don't know about Beach Body. I wouldn't mind checking out the Beast workouts since they are not on dvd as far as I know. How much is Beach Body on Demand? If I remember right it is higher than most sites and coaches get a discount or something?

BB is 39.00 quarterly there is a semi annual and of course the shakeology pack I am reading some reviews some people saying it freezes maybe I will look at les mills and I really love cathelive also fitnessblender I discovered too many youtubes on that

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.