Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January!

Today was a Hammer and Chisel workout I have not done yet. This was Total Body Chisel. I liked this one a lot. Not much rest in it but at 35 minutes I felt I got a good workout in. Calories burned was 161. Also 10 minute Ab Chisel was on schedule, 12 minutes, 48 calories. I held a sand weight between my feet for some of the seated stuff. I felt better today so finished off with Ripped with Hiit Low Impact Hiit workout 2, 30 minutes, 198 calories. Total time was 77 minutes and calories burned 407.

Total Body Chisel - all moves are 10 reps there are three groups of exercises each exercise in the group is done once then repeated two more times then there is a short break (Autumn uses 15's and 10's through the workout where she mentions her weight)
Squat 40# each hand, 40,'s 40's
bench press 20# each hand , 20's, 20's
reverse grip row 25# each hand, 25's, 25's
break
lunge right (reverse lunge) 25# each hand, 25's, 25's
lunge left 25's, 25's, 25's
incline fly 20# each hand, 20's, 20's
lat pullover 37.5, 37.5, 37.5# they use two dumbbells but I chose to use one heavy
break
step down cross back (I used my step with 5 risers each side) right 20# each hand, 15's, 15's (a bit hard holding them at shoulders and my knee)
step down cross back left 20# each hand, 20's, 20's
Incline curl 17.5# each hand, 17.5, 17.5 (I used the stability ball so I did't have to take time to pause and set the step back flat)
bench dips bodyweight 10 rep, 10reps, 10reps

Roselyn, I remember the first few days worrying about weights but, I think you will find that there is plenty in this set.

Roselyn, I am sorry that you are not liking the set so far. I have tried to give detailed descriptions so that you ladies could have an idea of what the workouts are like. You didn't like the weights and the holds at the end of the set today? I didn't think that workout was bad. Now iso speed hammer I found a bit hard but, I think next time I will go a bit lighter or switch weights. It is hard to do a 10 second speed set with the same weight when they are heavy. Each workout is supposed to help in different areas. Today's Total Body Chisel was for building. Hammer Total Body is for Building. Some are for power and some balance, and there is endurance. One of the hammer workouts focus is pre fatigue the muscle and then do the heavier set. Last week when it was scheduled for Chisel Balance I did the optional Power Chisel with the Chisel Abs. Power Chisel has some plyometrics in it and next time I am using a dumbbell instead of the medicine ball. They said you could do that and I think it would work out better. I think there is another workout with pistols in it too. I would have to go back and look. I am liking switching up different types of workouts myself. I think that Hammer Plyometrics is only in the schedule 3 times. I have it on schedule tomorrow. This time I won't mess up and go through the moves 3 times instead of 2 :)

Hi everyone. I have issues with my left knee again so I just walked on my treadmill today for 2.25 miles. I am also having something going on with my left foot (what is up with the left side of my body?) It feels like my toes are going to get a charlie horse at any time. When I stand or walk a lot my middle toe hurts really bad, it feels like it's being pulled down. If I massage it, it sort of goes away but then comes back as soon as I start standing again. I think I'm going to make an appointment with my foot doctor today. It's really uncomfortable. Has been going on for a while now.

Diane Sue - Roselyn said she does like the set. I think you misread it. Nice going on your workout!!! Seems fun, actually!!!

Debbie, Roselyn, LOL, I misread. I was seriously feeling bad about it. That makes me feel better.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Today was Hammer Plyometrics, 26 minutes, 169 calories. I know I am working hard but I sure haven't got a good calorie burn out of this. I like it because it is not just jumping up and down. There is something like donkey kicks or butt kickers over the bench and that sort of thing. I am still not a fan of the jump push ups. I use the rebounder for some cushioning and do it off it and tap the edge of it. I am glad I only have to do it twice. My arthritis in my hands do not like this sort of thing. I added on Kelly Coffey's Strength and Stamina bonus step, 22 minutes, 192 calories, and Les Mills Pump Flow for some extra stretching since these workouts are very deficient on the stretching. Warm ups seem short as well.

Roselyn, I am glad that you like the workouts :)

Debbie, I am sorry about the knee and foot. I sometimes get toe cramps, particularly in yoga poses but not something that I can't get rid of.

Today I worked Biceps and Triceps and had a good workout. Did straight sets and went heavy.

1 minute rest between each set

Biceps:
Barbell Curls:
45# - 3 sets/6 reps
Hammer Curls: 20's - 3 sets/6 reps
Alternate Dumbbell Curls: 15's - 3 sets/8 reps

Triceps:
Close Grip Bench Press:
65# - 3 sets/6 reps
Skull Crushers: 45# - 3 sets/6 reps
Weighted Bench Dips: 45# - 3 sets/8 reps

Diane Sue - I wore my arches yesterday and my foot was fine. I have very flat feet and have not been wearing my arches like I should. I'm hoping that is the problem.

Today I started with P90X3 Cold Start 12 minutes for a bit more of a warm up, then Iso Strength Chisel with 15 minute glute chisel from the deluxe set, 17 minutes, finishing with Les Mills Combat stretch and strength, 18 minutes. Total time was 86 minutes and I burned 430 calories.
Iso Strength Chisel
10 reps 1c hold 3 times no rest each move
Sumo Squat 25 each hand
push up body weight
Bulgarian split squat left 1 dumbbell 20#
repeat right20#
pull up heaviest tubing that I have it is grey This is hard to do as pull ups. Funny, I didn't see Autumn join in and do any
step up side hold right one dumbbell 15#
repeat left 15 #
1 arm row right 20#
left 20#
sit up C curve 15#
lateral raise 8# each hand
15 minute glute chisel deluxe workout all moves 25 reps with 8# med ball or dumb
sumo jumping jacks
Bulgarian split squat with 1 foot on the medicine ball
right then repeat 25 reps on the left
jumping curtsy lunge
warrior 3 holding med ball right
repeat left
side lunge with foot on ball right
repeat on left

Debbie, I hope that stays working for you. I wear shoe inserts all of the time that have more arch support than shoes come with.
1 foot on the ball bridge right then repeat on the left

Today I worked my shoulders. Only had time to do that so no treadmill walk. I have to go into work early.

1 minute rest between each set

Shoulders
Dumbbell Press:
8's - warmup set/10 reps
Dumbbell Press: 20's - 3 sets/6reps
Upright Rows: 40# - 3 sets/8 reps
Lateral Raise: 10's - 3 sets/12 reps
Barbell Shrugs: 55# - 3 sets/12 reps

Have great workouts!!! I'll be back later for personals!

Today's workout was Chisel Balance and 10 minute Chisel abs, 51 minutes. I also did STS extended stretch at the end. The last two days have really made my glutes and hamstrings sore. I don't get that often. Anyway since tomorrow is Max Hammer Strength I kept the weights at 12 and 15# today. I really don't think it was intended to go super heavy on the balance work anyway. Autumn has 12.5 at the start and I think that is what she used throughout. I kept adjusting the height of my step according to what I was doing. I found 14 inch was much better for most of it. I just know the Beachbody Bench says it is 16 inches when flat. That was pretty uncomfortable on my knees when doing the Bulgarian split jump with one foot on the step.

Debbie, nice work today.

Total Body Hammer today, I guess I should start posting my exercises:) I like the program Diane Sue and the extras came today, the only thing I notice is not alot of bis or tris yet what do you think

Roselyn, I think that you will find the bis and tris are worked plenty through these. Sometimes directly and sometimes as part of a combined upper lower simultaneous workout. You probably have not hit the ones that target them directly yet. Power Chisel has biceps and triceps, Hammer conditioning has biceps , Build up has a biceps section, and a triceps section, total body chisel has triceps and biceps. I have had sore arms so I am sure I am hitting them :)

Today I started with Rock Out Knockout warm up and kick box cardio, 21 minutes, then the Max Hammer Strength Chisel and finished with P90X3 Yoga, 30 minutes. Total time was 89 minutes and calories burned 423. It sure seems like the calories should have been more than that. Oh, well, it was a good workout anyway.
Max Hammer Strength done in a pre-fatigue no weight move at 60 seconds then and 8 rep heavy set
reverse lunge R- 28 reps
reverse lunge heavy 35# each hand
reverse lunge L- 28 reps
reverse lunge heavy 35# each hand
push up 32 reps
bench press heavy 25# each hand
squat 26 reps
shoulder squat heavy 35# each hand
pull up 24 reps with heavy tubing
pullover heavy 40#
good morning 20rep
deadlift heavy 40# each hand
chin-up 30 reps
1 arm row R 40#
1 arm row heavy L 40#
stay low sumo 46 reps
sumo squat heavy 40#
band military press 20 reps
military press seated heavy 15 each han
split squat with bench R 30 reps
step up right heavy 17.5# each hand (I could have went heavier but my hip is still sore from the last two heavier workouts)
split squat left with bench 30 reps
step up left 17.5 # each hand
ledge calf raise 35 reps
seated calf raise heavy- 25# each hand

Debbie, have a nice weekend.

Today was Chisel Cardio and Glute cardio. I started with P90X3 cold start. When I was done I wanted to check out the Dirty 30 Extreme workout since I don't have that series, so I did 1 round of each exercise group and the stretch which took me 18 minutes. I kept it light. The nice thing about this cardio workout is there is very little jumping in it. I used 10# for this other than the 25# swings which I used a kettlebell for.

Roselyn, I like that workout a lot too :)

Today I did the workout rotation I have been following and this one was done with drop-sets. Had a great workout. This is what I did:

1:30 minutes rest between each set

Chest & Back
Incline Barbell Press:
75# - 3 sets/8 reps
Dumbbell Flyes: 27's - 3 sets/10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 30's/27's/20's - Drop set, no rest - 10 reps each set

Underhand Barbell Row: 60# - 3 sets/10 reps
One Arm Row: 30# - 3 sets/10 reps
Reverse Flyes: 15's/12's/10's - Drop set, no rest - 10 reps each set

Both sets of drop sets burned like crazy. I wanted to 25's for the last set of dumbbell presses but just couldn't.

I also walked on my treadmill for 2.25 miles. :)

Hope you both have great workouts today!!! You're both making me want to get H&C. Gotta take Bear to the vets, he's peeing on everything. :mad:

Today I did 6 minutes warm up on the Spin Bike followed by Kelly Coffey bonus waistline which is fairly active and mostly standing from Home Gym Intervals, mostly for extra warm up. This was 15 minutes. I then did Hammer Build up , 32 minutes and 15 minute leg Hammer , 18 minutes, which was the option to Iso Speed Hammer. It went much more smoothly this time and had the weights and times figured out a bit better. I finished off with Turbo Fire Stretch10, 13 minutes. Total time was 75 minutes and calories burned 486.
I used 15# med ball and dropped to a 10# for a couple of moves in Hammer Legs. They use an 8.
rnd 1 30 sec
Squat with med ball 15# 17 reps
front back lunge right 15# med ball 1 reps same for front back lunge left
15 sec
step ups using bench 20# each hand right same for left
Rnd 2 30 sec
pull up 11 reps
reverse grip row 25# each hand
pull over 40#
rverse fly 15# each hand
Rnd 3 15 sec
1 hand push up using med ball for one hand Rt 8 rep same for Lt
30 sec
bench fly 20 each hand
feet on med ball push up 15 reps
Incline press, 25# each hand
Rnd 4 30 sec
Med ball military press 15 #
lateral raise 12#each hand
upright row 20# each hand
anterior raise 15# med ball
Rnd 5 30 sec
standard curl 20# each hand
hammer curl 20# each habnd
15 sec
concentration curl 22.5# each hand Rt same for Lt
30 sec
rotation curl 17.5# each hand
rnd 6 30 sec
dips 15 reps
kickbacks Rt 15#
kickbacks Lt 15#
skull crusher 15# eac hand
rnd 7
ball plank hold med ball hands on ball30rp
ball mountain climber hands on ball 30RP
windshield wiper Right 8# med ball 16 reps same on Left

Debbie, it looks like you had a really good workout today :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.