Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2020 !!

Good morning,

I did KCM Build and Burn: Upper Body Supersets = 26 min. I really liked the exercises in this one, especially the triceps one. I also like the 30 sec Burn out on the end. If I have time later I will write down the exercises.

Julie - glad you feeling much better. I do stretch before and after a workout. I hurt my hamstring with all those turns in CL step workout. Cathe does a good job stretching out, IMO!

Roselyn - have fun with your cardio workout today. I will pass on the new workouts.

I will be back later.

Reactions: WD
I just walked on my treadmill again and did my stretches. Feeling a bit better today.

I've decided to try and make my New Year's resolution to doing one yoga workout a week. So I was planning on doing it on Wednesday's, So two days of weights, two of cardio and one of yoga. I've tried this before and wasn't successful, but I think at this point in my life, I need to force myself to stretch. I know I felt much better when I was doing it consistently. Maybe I'll try to add another day during the weekend as well.

Anyways, hopefully Monday I can start working with weights again but I'm not pushing it. I will try to do a yoga workout at some point next week if this pain is gone. We'll see...

Have great workouts everyone!!!

I just got back from the Chiropractor and I am feeling better. I cant believe that I still have a head cold, this has lasted over a week. I am sneezing and blowing my nose constantly, it is so annoying. I don't have to take any cold medicine anymore, I can breath without being congested.

Debbie, great choice on the yoga once a week, I bet that will help with your issues. What yoga instructor do you like? I have never done yoga, just stretching dvds!!!!! I know, where have I been?

Belinda, how are you feeling today? Great job with the workout, I love short ones for on Fridays, oh and the burn outs on the end are awesome!

I hope you all have great workouts today and I am so ready for the weekend!

I am so tired today. I just hardly slept last night. I woke at 4:30 this morning. I did Step Boss I Max 4 premix all combos, no blasts, 34 minutes (I somehow turned my fit bit off so restarted and did the warm up a second time) 187 calories, heart rate average 132, max 159, 2,512 steps. I just used what calories map my fitness gave me for the warm up and added it on minus a bit. I went for my carotid ultrasound and to talk with the doctor and then ran errands. It has rained all day, but fortunately not freezing temps.
The doctor said my tests were good and no problem there, but the heart CT did show some plaque and with the sore over 100 he thinks I should take a statin. I told him I was not sure I wanted to do that. He said diet helps, but it won't get rid of the plaque that is already there and the statin would keep it from getting worse. He called in a plant based prescription for me and said if I want to go home and research it I can just not pick it up if I don't want to use it. Plant based means little to me. There are a lot of bad drugs that are plant based. I think there is a statin that uses some red rice yeast or something as part of it. Still not happy with the idea.

Belinda, I think the problem is that we get away with working out through something most of the time and then suddenly I make that mistake and injure myself. Kelly has work sheets for her weight workouts on her website under premixes and rotations.

Jolie, I snack off and on, but keep a bowl of grapes in the refrigerator so when I open it I just grab a few grapes instead of searching for something else. I use half of an apple in a salad :), but I often add a handful of blueberries as well or halved grapes. I hope your chiropractor helps your headaches.

Debbie, maybe you can make the yoga a habit. My being forced to change with all of that PT and not being able to lift gave me a new feel for enjoying lower intensity cardio and enjoying some stretching and yoga. I really have felt much better. I noticed I am much more tired after the intense workouts. It kind of zaps all of the energy out of me and I get achy. So, yesterday and today were lower intensity. Tomorrow I will do day 4 Total Body from Kelly's 5 day strength. She does not go real light on this, but the exercises are well chosen and there is not a ton of overhead motions in it.

I am so tired today. I just hardly slept last night. I woke at 4:30 this morning. I did Step Boss I Max 4 premix all combos, no blasts, 34 minutes (I somehow turned my fit bit off so restarted and did the warm up a second time) 187 calories, heart rate average 132, max 159, 2,512 steps. I just used what calories map my fitness gave me for the warm up and added it on minus a bit. I went for my carotid ultrasound and to talk with the doctor and then ran errands. It has rained all day, but fortunately not freezing temps.
The doctor said my tests were good and no problem there, but the heart CT did show some plaque and with the sore over 100 he thinks I should take a statin. I told him I was not sure I wanted to do that. He said diet helps, but it won't get rid of the plaque that is already there and the statin would keep it from getting worse. He called in a plant based prescription for me and said if I want to go home and research it I can just not pick it up if I don't want to use it. Plant based means little to me. There are a lot of bad drugs that are plant based. I think there is a statin that uses some red rice yeast or something as part of it. Still not happy with the idea.

Belinda, I think the problem is that we get away with working out through something most of the time and then it catches up with us. I don't know how many times that has happened to me.

Jolie, I snack off and on, but keep a bowl of grapes in the refrigerator so when I open it I just grab a few grapes instead of searching for something else. I use half of an apple in a salad :), but I often add a handful of blueberries as well or halved grapes. I hope your chiropractor helps your headaches.

Debbie, maybe you can make the yoga a habit. My being forced to change with all of that PT and not being able to lift gave me a new feel for enjoying lower intensity cardio and enjoying some stretching and yoga. I really have felt much better. I noticed I am much more tired after the intense workouts. It kind of zaps all of the energy out of me and I get achy. So, yesterday and today were lower intensity. Tomorrow I will do day 4 Total Body from Kelly's 5 day strength. She does not go real light on this, but the exercises are well chosen and there is not a ton of overhead motions in it.

Roselyn, I hope that cardio goes well for you tomorrow.

I did RAW Strength Day 3 - Shoulders and Legs this morning and then walked on the TM for 25 mintues or so. I'm falling behind a work... so much going on I just can't catch up so I may try walking on the TM some each day during my workout time to try to catch up on emails and other small tasks.... we'll see.

I liked this RAW because if was heavy barbell work - squats and hip thrusts.... it just seems weird to me to only do 2 body parts and to start with shoulders.... Its been a long time since I did body part splits - I normally try to get total body.

I wore my Fitbit to bed last night. Went to bed at 9:30 and got up this morning at 7:30. It says I slept for only 4 hours and 55 minutes from 1:44 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. - WTF? I felt like I slept good, too. I'm going to wear it again tonight and see what it says. Weird...

This morning I did 280 Burn it bootcamp. This was fun...easy to modify to all low impact (in fact she was starting the cardio sections showing the low impact and then switching to the higher impact).

Attachments

• 280 Burn it Bootcamp.jpg
    280 Burn it Bootcamp.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 5
Today I went for a walk outside, 3.1 miles, 63 minutes and I have no idea how many calories I burned because my fitbit ran out of battery. I know the distance because I have clocked it with my car before. I am still congested with low energy but I am on the mend for sure. I wish this head cold would just go away!

Debbie, I have never slept with my Fitbit on before, I wonder how if that is why I am so tired some days, I am just not in a deep sleep. I dream all of the time so I have to be in the REM stage of sleep.

Doreen, great job on the workout this morning.

Happy Saturday and I hope you all have a wonderful day. It is on the cool side here today, high of 62 degrees but it is sunny and the ocean is calm and beautiful.

Good morning,

Yesterday I lost my voice, coughing. I can't hardly talk. I am falling apart. My husband has been sick for the last 2 weeks, it finally caught up with me.

I just finished Linda's Stretch Sculpt Freestyle Arms = 28 min. That one was brutal! I decided to switch up my workouts this year.

Debbie - I hear you on doing more yoga/stretching. I should do it too. Maybe you need to reset your fitbit?

Diane - I think you are right. I have to workout smarter not harder this year. I will incorporate different exercise style to prevent injuries this year. I am just tired of all this. This year already started out great :(

Jolie - great job on your walk. It's snowing here.

I will try to be back later.

Good Afternoon,

I am still doing 21 Day Fix Live with both of my DD’s we are on the last week today was #15 Lower Body Fix. Things at work are still crazy people just don’t want to show up for work it’s incredibly annoying. We have had a lot of ice storms lately. This week I am staying at my oldest DD’s house with two of her boys while they go to Vegas.

Hi everyone,

I couldn't log in earlier. I did SBF Leg Work w/Barr Work = 30 min. This one was very slow and controlled moves. I also did BARLATES Mix + Match Upper 60/10 Intervals. I did all the exercises sitting on my weight bench. Worked out perfectly.

I will be back later.

I've been doing stretches and yoga all weekend, heating, icing, using TENS and pressing out the stupid knots that are just hanging on for dear life. I don't get it. I found these really good yoga workouts on Youtube for neck and shoulders and have been doing them. This is really showing me how tight my muscles are so it is not surprising that I have these knots. A lot of stretching is for the chest and I can't believe the difference I feel doing them. My chest muscles are so tight they are pulling me forward. I also purchased this on Amazon yesterday and received it about an hour ago: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GLZR8RS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - you are suppose to wear this 15 minutes a day until you work up to 2 hours a day and then this should help with posture. I figured, why not? My posture is awful and I have a feeling it is a lot of the reason I am going through this periodically.

I feel pretty good this morning but by the end of my walk my left side was burning. I wanted to go an hour but I stopped and then did the yoga workout I did this weekend. I just got done pressing the knot and now I'm icing. I'm wondering if I should just not work out at all this week and try to get this knot to go away - however, I already feel like I'm gaining weight and I feel like I've lost muscle, etc. so I don't want to quit walking as well. Not quite sure how to proceed.

My workout on the treadmill was for 50 minutes, burned 318 calories, went 2.5 miles and did 5793 steps.

Anyways, I know I will get better but just want it to be now. Geez, this has been going on from one side of my body to the other for over a month now, Getting ridiculous.

Sorry so long. I'm off today but I have to do a bit of work this afternoon but at least I can do it at home. :)

Roxie - Nice job getting the 21 Day Fix challenge almost done, you rocked it!! Sorry work is not going good right now.

Jolie - Hope you still feel good after your Chiropractor visit and hope your cold is gone. I like Karen Voight a lot for yoga, but I've found a lot on Youtube that are really good as well.

Diane - I am shocked to hear you have plaque on your arteries. Your diet has always been so good, how is that even possible? He told you to change your diet, how much more can you improve on? Is there something you have been eating that would do this? How scary and I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad you heart tests came back good, but still. This isn't anything mess with.

Belinda - Hope you are feeling better, seems stuff is going around. Get better soon!!

Roselyn - Great job on your shoulder workout.

Doreen - Nice job with your workouts this weekend!

Have a great day everyone!!

I did the new RAW "Power Up" this morning. Loved it! All bar moves. I'll try to upload the notes so you can all see the workout.

Today I finally felt good enough to workout, though I still have a really bad cold that is moving from my sinus and head into my chest. Great!!! I am so sick of not moving so I did Cathe Live, All In Upper Body and had a great workout even though I felt really weak. I used all of the same weights as before I got sick except for the Bench Press, instead of 20's I used 15's but I did more reps. Workout was 50 minutes and I burned 402 calories. I have been using My Fitness Pal for 1 week and have lost 1.5 pounds and that is with little to no workouts. I like this much better than Weight Watchers because I don't have to pay for it and it is basically the same thing. My goal is too loose 9 more pounds by my Birthday in June. I think that is really an attainable goal and I would be loosing it the right way so it would stay off.

Debbie, I have seen that devise that you purchased on Amazon and it looks great. I hope it solves your issues. Let us know how you are doing with it, maybe we should all get one since we all sit in front of computers and have poor posture. Great job on the walk today I hope you see some relief soon. I am feel much better since the Chiropractor I just wish I wasn't sick. I usually only get sick once a year so I feel lucky since people I know get sick all of the time.

Doreen, great job on that workout today!

Belinda, how are your knees doing today? I pulled my lower right hamstring walking up the stairs while carrying my dog the other night, I felt it right when it happened. I put anti inflammatory cream on it and it is feeling better but it is still sore. It is always something, isn't it?!

Roselyn, how is your new job going? Don't you just love doing hair color? If I go back to school, that is what I would specialize in when working. Also, a mobile hair company, we could go to peoples homes and offices and do their hair. I bet every mom would love someone to come and cut their kids hair at home vs. taking them in to get it cut. Kids hate going especially young children.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a good workout today. I am making extra lean turkey meatballs today for snacks. I will use lean turkey, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, spinach, and some Feta cheese. Yum! Sorry about the plaque issue that came up on your doctor tests. I have that issue in my family and I should be addressing that as well right now! You got this!

I hope you all have a nice day, BBL to read other posts for the day.

So I just wore that contraption for about a half hour. Instructions say to wear it for 15 minutes a day for a week, then increase the second week until you wear it for two hours a day by the 3rd week. Wow is all I can say. I cannot believe how bad my posture is. It is bad. It's no wonder my upper back and neck are so messed up. I looked in the mirror and I can't believe how much better I look standing up straight, like a different person.

Girls, I highly recommend you all getting one. It is a real eye opener. I've battled with my posture for most of my life, no matter how hard I try, I just cannot get my body to sit or stand straight. I am going to really try and get my body retrained to stand up straight. I hope I can do it.

I plan on wearing this thing tomorrow morning when I walk on my treadmill, I'm curious to see if my upper back starts burning again. I'll let you all know.

Have a great evening!!

It has been a busy long weekend. Saturday I did Raw 5 day strength day 4 Total Body, 29 minutes, heart rate 124 average, 151 max, 125 calories, 2,512 steps. I also did Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga neck and shoulder flow, 62 calories, heart rate average 115 , 134 max, 19 minutes. Total time 48 minutes, 187 calories, 33 steps.
Sunday was a rest day with family and we celebrated 3 birthdays.
This morning I did Raw Box and Pump 3, 58 minutes, 276 calories, heart rate average 129, max 165, 4083 steps. I then did Raw abs finisher 19 minutes, 68 calories, 459 steps, heart rate 118 average, max 152. I finished with Step Boss extended lying stretch 10 minutes, 30 calories.
Total time was 87 minutes, 374 calories, 4,542 steps.
Box & Pump 3 boxing with lower body strength segments. I used 1# dumbbells for the boxing Kelly says no more than 3#
boxing
squats 35# barbell
squats with 12# dbs
plies holding 10# dbs together and raising heels
boxing
barbell deadlift 35#
reverse lunge 12# dumbbells
good morning holding 10# dbs on shoulders
boxing
barbell front lunge 35#
bulgarian split squat (Kelly uses a bench) I did it on the floor I upped the weight from Kelly's 12's so did 15's which I think I could have done for the medium weight throughout
curtsy lunge kelly 10's I used 12's
boxing
side to side step with loop band
squat side to side with loop band
kick leg back with loop band alternating legs
boxing
side lying clam shell with loop band
lying on back hip lifts open knees with loop band
stretch

Last edited:
Debbie, I have had problems lately with my Fit bit not syncing and it also did that twice now with my sleep. I wear it every night. I finally shut my cell down and restarted and then it corrected my sleep. Same with not syncing my workouts. I thought maybe my problem was that my Blaze is still on my cell and dashboard even though I am not using it. But, then I really think it is Fit bit having glitches. A couple of nights ago I had a pretty good nights sleep as in not waking so much and it told me I had 3 hours of sleep. When I finally shut the phone down and restarted and then did a sync it corrected it to 6 hours and 45 minutes.
I have looked at those posture corrector and remember it saying start by wearing for 15 minutes. They worked so hard on me with correcting posture during PT. A lot of things to straighten posture. I still lie lengthwise on my foam roller everyday for awhile. I try to correct when sitting. Lifting also. I find I notice when I am not keeping shoulders down and back. It sure takes some getting used to when you have been pulled forward so much. Jessica Smith has you do moves to correct the forward leaning which is why I keep doing her Gentle Yoga segments. I will be interested in how much the posture device helps.

As far as the heart doctor and diet, he did not tell me to do anything with my diet. He did not even ask. I told him I have poured over mfp and my tracking and I am rarely high on cholesterol. Generally I am not over 50 mg cholesterol if that much and that includes the good and bad. I eat loads of veggies is what they tell you to do. I eat fish and chicken for proteins. The only things I can find to change is to lower fat over all, even the nut butters, clean oils like avocado, almond and olive oil I use. I stopped the coconut oil, and eating what unsweetened coconut I usually use and limit the full fat coconut oil that I have been using in cooking. The only thing I am not giving up yet is 1 to 2 Tablespoons of cream for my morning coffee. I don't know what else to do. I started taking Ubiquinol and vitamin e. I don't think I am going to start the statin. I have been researching. I may not be able to get rid of the plaque that is already there that way. Genetics can make it hard to avoid I guess. I find that even fat free yogurt has cholesterol in it. I don't eat sweets. So I just do not know. :rolleyes: I am afraid of the Statins. There is good , but the I read things that sound like it would be bad as far as my RA. I read an article on Dr Mercola and others on the tricky stats they use to say how wonderfully statins are working. Also that it can block vitamin K that is good for keeping the arteries healthy. It blocks cholesterol in the liver. We need some. It can stop gluthione uptake which is important for arthritis and joints. I am worried about it.

Doreen, I would love to see your notes on Power Up. I looked at it this morning and thought I really need to preview. Does she use kettlebells in it? I thought I saw that, but I couldn't read the entire description.

Jolie, it makes a difference if you can get a decent amount of deep sleep. That should be a goal. I do well if I get one of those rare days of an hour and a half at least deep sleep and a good amount of rem. The worst days are the ones where I get a few minutes of deep and rem sleep. I am dragging when that happens. Usually the fit bit is pretty good at picking up the times I wake up during the night coughing or drinking water etc.. You are doing well on the diet. Keep it up and you will reach your goal. I made a big pan of Asian chicken and broccoli stir fry with some carrots strings in it and garlic and ginger. I will freeze a couple of helpings.

Belinda, I hope that you are feeling better. You are doing well on the workouts with not feeling well on top of everything else. There is so much illness going around.

On another note I lost so much weight and took checked my Omron body fat device and I had also obviously lost muscle since my BF was up 3%. I know it is not accurate, but it does let me know when things change. So I am really trying to get my muscle built back up after all of that PT and not being able to pick up anything heavy for several months.

Roxie, I really hate ice storms. That is so nice that you are doing the workouts with your daughters.

Good morning,

Walked 3 miles and did SBF Upper body.

Jolie - oh no, you too :( I also felt when I pulled my hamstring doing step. Thanks for asking. The swelling in my knees went down a little. Wished it would go down even more. My hamstring as long as I keep doing low impact, no lunges no squats I am fine. I pulled my hamstring right behind my knee. I probably have to go back for anther follow up. This is taking way too long. I been having a really nasty cough which keeps me up at night. Nothing seems to help that cough, WTH?

Debbie - thanks for the link. I will check into it today. Glad it's helping you.

Diane - I can't get rid of that cough. I been taking cough medicine like it's water. Still have that nasty cough. Every night around 10 pm I can't stop coughing. I have no idea what's going on with me....my knees are still swollen. Although the swelling went down a little. My hamstring as soon as I do a wrong move, keeps hurting. I am falling apart. And it's just the beginning of the year :( All this is sure slowing me down. I do the best I can with workouts to keep everything low impact and no impact on my hamstring.

I will be back later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.