Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Feb 2024

Today I did Raw Heavy Weight Bootcamp, 73 minutes, heart rate 105/139, 220 calories. I would have thought the burn would be higher for that length of time. I followed this with Raw Stretch Flow 20 minutes, 37 calories, and CDorner Day 22 Gentle Lower Back Stretch(felt I needed after this workout) 18 minutes, 20 calories. Total time spent was 1 hour 56 minutes, 277 calories.

Raw Heavy Weight Bootcamp 71 minutes
8 reps 3 sets for heavy weight parts
Dumbbells, fabric band, and optional weight plates for elevating toes or heels, egg weights

Warm up
Lawn mower RT/LFT 8 reps X3 25# dumbbell
Squat flat/heels elevated/toes elevated 8 reps X3 25# dumbbells
Dumbbell dead bug 16 reps 8# dumbbells
Cardio jack/jog

Shoulder press 8 reps 3X 12# dumbbells
Side lunge (pick up put down alternating) 3X 25# dumbbell
Reverse crunch 24 reps
Cardio boxing

Front Curls/hammer Curls/side curl push out 15#; 15#; 12# dumbbells
Full crunch
Cardio boxing

Upright row contract back release 8 reps X3 10# dbs
Deadlift Squat 8 reps 3X 25#; 20; 20# dumbbells flat, elevated toes, elevated heels
Side bends rt/lft 16 reps 15# dumbbell
Cardio boxing

Bench Press/flys/90 degree pullover 8 reps 15#; 15#;12# dumbbells
Bridge/ Bridge press out/Bridge pulses fabric loop band
Bicycles 24 reps
Cardio boxing

Side lying triceps push up rt/lft
Skull crusher 8 reps 12# dumbbells 2 sets
Prone leg raises behind (I think she called it frog legs, but I think of superman position) 3X lift up and out and ending with set of pulses
Reverse crunch legs to ceiling
stretch

Debbie, great job on Mega Mix #1. I remember that one being tough. Bands can be tough and the kettlebell swings kick up the intensity.

Roselyn, nice work with getting in Beast Chest and Triceps.

Belinda, I am glad that the infusion went well. Four hours is a long time.

Hi,

Push pull is done. I was sweating like crazy. I think the infusion had something to do with it.I didn‘t go very hearty. No walk, it‘s raining all day long.

Debbie - thank you for your kind words. I feel much better today. I hope my body responds well to the infusion too. My next infusion is March 11 if my Rheum doesn’t change it. It should be every 4 weeks afterwards. Great job. I agree, bands can be tought.

Diane - thank you so much. It wasn’t too bad time wise. The infusion takes anywhere 2-3 hours. Depending how slow and how much infusion you get. The slower the infusion the better for me, my body can get used to it and it will prevent getting nasty side effects. The nurse gave me a nix of meds before the infusion to eliminate some of the side effects from the infusion. I tried to take a nap, I was hooked up to blood pressure monitor, it took my blood pressure every 15 min, the last hour it took it every 30 min. I also had a tv monitor to watch TV while I had the infusion. The nurse checked on my vitals nonstop and ask how I am feeling. No complaints here!

Reactions: WD
Hi, I have taken the last two days off because I am sore and tired. I have not taken a recovery week and a long time and I think I need one this week. I will get back at it on Saturday, I love to workout on the weekends. My knee is feeling better, I went to my Chiro and she used a laser on it to get the inflammation down and it worked well. Whenever we get close to the time where we change our clocks forwards or backwards, I am always so tired! weird... Great job on the workouts everyone!

This morning I did RAW Weights 2 and had a great workout. I like this one but I need more breaks so I paused it between some sets. She rushes through it with only a 10 second rest period and it's a strength workout. Definitely need more time to rest.

Each move was 45 seconds with a short maybe 10 second break. These were not done circuit style, most were 2 sets unless I wrote differently.

Squats x2: 15's
Plie Squats x2: 25#
Deadlift/Squats x2: 15's (I only did deads)

Dumbbell Press: 20's - 2 sets
Explosive Reverse Flies: 15's - 2 sets
Pullovers: 20# - 2 sets
Seated Supinated Hammer Curls: 15's - 1 set
W Curls: 15's - 1 set
Situp to Overhead Press: 8's
Weighted Situp: 8's
Leaning back w/Knees Up & Hammer Curls: 15's - (I didn't pull my knees up)
Russian Twist w/Knees Up: 8# - (I did not bring my knees up)

Alternate Front Lunges: 12's - 2 sets
Alternate Back Lunges: 12's - 2 sets
Alternate Side Lunges: 15# - 2 sets - did Curtsy squats

Tate Press: 10's - 2 sets
Seated Bent Over Lateral Raise, Thumbs Up: 10's/8's - 2 sets
Seated Overhead Press to Triceps Extension: 10's/8's - 2 sets

Abs

Workout was 49 minutes, burned 309 calories, HR was 113/155.

Diane - I never saw that workout you did yesterday before, I was thinking it was a new one. Then I saw it under the Strength workouts. I think I've never done it before because of the word "bootcamp". Those are always a fear factor for me. LOL!! It looks like a good one but quite long. I'm surprised she has a workout that is so long. I might try it when I'm on spring break and I have the time. Great job with it!!

I just received an email at work and need to go. Sorry I can't do more personals. Have a great day everyone!!

Today I did Raw Kickbox NRG, 32 minutes, heart rate 128/159,2,817 steps. I wore 1.5# gloves this time. It did only gave me 8 more calories than when I did it with no gloves. I then did Raw Box & Tone 20 minutes, 114 calories, heart rate 137/160, 1,067 steps. I used 2# dumbbells for this one. No time for extra stretch as we had errands to run and get my car back since my husband had the parking lot dents taken out. Total time was 52 minutes, 283 calories, 3,884 steps.

Belinda, nice work getting in Push Pull today. I hope that you are alright. Hopefully there is just some adjustments to the infusions. It sounds like they took good care of you.

Roxie, nice job on Build and Burn Kettlebell kickbox fusion.

Jolie, I am glad that your knee is feeling better. Sometimes we just need those rests to recharge. I do not look forward to another time change. They always throw me off. Even my dog gets confused on the order of things with the time change.

Debbie, Great Job on Raw Weights 2 today. Jolie did the heavy weight bootcamp and I went to look it up. I think I missed it because of all of the shoulder issues and also, like I told Jolie, bootcamp generally means things like burpees and high intensity stuff along with compound moves. This was different and a pretty good workout. I liked that the cardio was not killer and there was ab segments in each grouping. Kelly says probably go a little lower than heaviest since it is a bootcamp workout. I used my bench for the chest work and skull crushers. Kelly says you can use a bench, but they just do it on the floor, no bench required.

Hi,

Today I did a dance workout.

Diane - great job on your KB workout and sculpt workout today. Thank you. They did take dood care of me. It will take some adjustment to the infusions. I am doing much better today.

Debbie - great job on your Raw weights 2 today.

Good night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.