Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for December 2022

I don't usually workout on the weekends but since I know I'm going to be eating a lot I got on my treadmill for about 28 minutes, burned 270 calories, went 1.37 miles, did 3234 steps and HR was 145/180.

It is 3 degrees right now with a windchill of about 20 below. Yesterday was rough, we kept losing power on and off but it only lasted about 10-15 seconds top. Lost our awesome Mr. Coffee coffee pot, it must have gotten fried on one of the outages. Ordered a new on through WalMart. Such a bummer. We do have a generator but it's one we have to start and of course it's outside. Luckily we didn't have to use it. It's still windy today but only in the 20 mph range, not 60 like it was yesterday. Yikes!!

I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas! I hope Santa is good to each and every one of you! Thanks for being such great friends, I am thankful for you all. Happy Birthday Jesus!

Reactions: WD
Merry Christmas,

Today DD and I did Brazilian butt lift. I forgot how hard that workout was and all those commercials from BB. Then my DIL wanted to do a 20 min core yoga, but that wasn't enough for DIL abs we added another 10 min ab workout. I am done for today. I did modified all the exercises.

Today is our German Christmas. One of the gifts I ordered on Black Friday is still not here.

Marry Christmas to all. I am thankful for all of you.

Merry Christmas!

Today DD and I did Yin Yoga for your nervous system. I also did Caroline Back & biceps with lighter weights.

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

Yesterday I did a workout in between stops for texts and a package arriving. One of the packages that says delivered did not arrive at my house so I have to deal with that this week. I started with CDorner Hiit Step and stopped at 15 minutes., 48 calories, heart rate 97/125. It is not really a step workout and when she got to burpees and I had to go to the door I switched workouts. I did CDorner Fast Basic Step #259, 23 minutes, 108 calories, heart rate 118/150. I finished with Coffey Fit Raw Athletic Stretch #2, 29 minutes, heart rate 80/95, 49 calories. Total time 67 minutes, 2,114 steps, 205 calories.
I baked a bunch of cookies and put in the freezer after my youngest daughter and her two children left. We celebrated Christmas with them earlier today and had lunch. We have my other younger grandchild coming next weekend for some fun.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and time to reflect on Christ's birth and the reason we celebrate.
I hope all of you stay warm and power stays on. It has been really cold, but I know some of you are having worse weather than we are. We will warm up through most of this next week.

Cam, I had to bake up cookies since I had someone to come and share. I miss that sometimes when we have family Christmas somewhere else. My husband and I do not need a lot of cookies.

Debbie, nice that you got in a workout to help balance the eating. I have not paid a lot of attention to my eating the last few days. We had some XLNT beef tamales today that my husband had shipped from California. One of his childhood favorites. I even ate one myself. Lots of calories in one of those. We have a generator that would have to be drug out to the patio and we would have to go get gas for it. It has not been used in a lot of years.

Belinda, nice workouts that you did with your daughter and DIL. I bet it was nice having them there with you to do it. I gave my Brazilian Butt Lift workouts away. Lots of reps and did not care so much for the instructor. I bet you enjoyed your German Christmas. I am still waiting for the air compressor that I ordered during Black Friday sales. I think it is supposed to come this Thursday now as it just shipped.

Good morning,

IRON Series 30 Min Dumbbell Leg Workout - Calves Included |Day 11 is done.

Diane - I haven't done BB workouts in years. I d0 like High & Tight. It was pretty good except all the BB commercials. Same thing happened to a gift I bought for my DIL. I ordered boots for her on Black Friday and they still haven't arrived. Won't be here until Thursday.

Have a great day today.

I ATE WAY TOO MUCH!!

OMG, so glad to be back on track today. All that salty food really gets to me but I enjoyed it so much and had a great Christmas. I hope you all did as well!

This morning I did RAW Heavy Bag/Shadow Boxing w/Kelly & Zach and had a great workout. I followed Kelly and did the shadow boxing using my 2# hand weights. Love this workout, there are abs at the end as well which I did.

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 331 calories, did 2266 steps and HR was 133/155.

Belinda - I ordered some things for my granddaughter and they still aren't here and my DH ordered something for me and it's still not here either. Oh well, it will be fun to get a late gift. Good job with your workouts!

Diane - Yum on the beef tamales! I have a vegan recipe for those and I might make them this week, they were really good. Great job with your workouts, and I'm sure you didn't eat as bad as I did!!

Hope you all had a great Christmas! And now we have our new year coming. Hopefully it will be a good one!!

Merry Christmas to all of you and Happy New Year is right around the corner. Sorry I was MIA, I was so down and out with this sickness/allergies that I could barely function. I did however, pull off Christmas with my parents staying with us, but I thought I might die while doing it. I am happy that the food and goodies are behind us, and I am prepping myself for a great new year with good health and good fitness. Today is the first day that I can breathe without some sort of medicine, and it feels amazing. It was 80 degrees here yesterday and 75 degrees today, but we have some rain coming in this week! This is probably why my allergies are settling down. I put 80% of my Christmas decorations away this morning, I cannot stand the clutter for one more day. I got a new FitBit so I am excited to set that up and have a working fitness tracker. It has been a full week since I really did any sort of workout, I look forward to hitting it in the gym tomorrow. I will get a good dog walk in today as some point for some movement.

Debbie, great job on the workout and wow on the temps you are having in your area! I feel for all the poor people that are low on cash and cannot afford to heat their homes. Did you get anything for working out for Christmas?

Way to go for all of you that got in some workouts over the weekend! Make it a great day and stay warm if you are in an area that is still cold.

Today I thoroughly cleaned my kitchen and then did Penny 12 Days of Christmas. It was a stacking circuit workout. Each exercise was 25 sec./10 sec rest. It was a pattern of 1 2, 123 1234....12 stations. She said that it is a killer workout. A quarter through, I thought this isn't so bad. Then 50% through, I thought maybe a little tough and at 75% , I thought, holy crap! I was dying. But I powered through. I needed that today. I changed up a few exercises to add some balance with muscle groups. The 50 min went quick. A fun format.

The weather is warming and sunny, so that is encouraging. Snow will be gone by the end of the week.

Back to work tomorrow for a few days. Glad Christmas is over. It was very nice, but hectic for me. Nothing going on for New Year's, so next weekend will be relaxing. I hope, anyway. My only fitness gift this Christmas, was my husband got me a spyder leggings and jacket, which I love, but I am planning on replacing some cookware. Mine is getting old and worn out.

Sounds like everyone had a good Christmas.

It is late, so I will post my workout and respond later today. I should be in bed.
I did Kelly Coffey Box Fit workout # 1 Boxing, 35 minutes, 143 calories, 3,175 steps, heart rate 110/143. This had more jumping than I remember, then at the end the jumping heel clicks. I then did Raw Box and Sculpt 27 minutes, 122 calories, heart rate 118/161, 122 calories, 803 steps. I finished with CDorener Beach Mobility Stretch, 11 minutes, 21 calories.
Total time was 73 minutes, 286 calories, 3,978 steps.

Coffey Fit Raw Box and Sculpt
27 minutes

Alternates boxing with dumbbells of egg weights
Warm up
Boxing
Squat/press/tricep extension right 8# dumbbell
Boxing
Squat/Press/triceps/ extension 8# dumbbell left
Boxing
Deadlift/reverse lunge/front lunge right 10#
Boxing
Deadlift/reverse lunge/front lunge left 10#
Boxing
Lunge/row/hammer curl 10# dumbbell right
Boxing
Lunge/row/hammer curl 10# left
Boxing
Swing/kickback/cross twist 10# dumbbell right
Box
Swing/kickback/cross twist 10# dumbbell left

Good morning,

Iron Series D12 Chest & Triceps is done. I twisted my right knee yesterday. I am so tried off all those injuries. I can't seem to catch a break. I will do a stretch later.

Diane - you are up late. Great job on your workouts.

Roselyn - great job on your weight workout,

Julie - sorry to hear you were down these day's. I hope you feel better soon.

Cam - isn't it nice to have clean kitchen. Great job!

Debbie - I am glad you had a great Christmas. I was reading Kiki's Lean ebook yesterday. I think I will start following it. I also need to clean up my eating. Great job!

That's it for me today.

Today I did Build & Burn Upper Body Supersets. Had a good workout. Feeling really good lately! Knee has been pretty good but I still can tell I can't do high impact. Friday is my MRI.

I warmed up on my treadmill and walked 1 mile.

SS #1
Reverse Grip Shoulder Press: 10's
Lateral Raise & Extend: 5's (I don't care much for this exercise)
3 sets/8 reps no rest

SS #2
Pulse Curls: 12's
Pledges: 12's
3 sets/8 reps no rest (Killer!)

SS #3
Seated Overhead Triceps Ext: 20#
Tate Press: 10's
3 sets/8 reps

SS #4
Reverse Grip Bench Press: 15's (I did normal bench press)
Connected Dumbbell Press: 15's
3 sets/8 reps

SS #5
Seated Rows: 15's (this puts a bad strain on my back, I like the exercise but not how I was positioned)
Standing Cross Row: 15#
3 sets/8 reps

BURNOUT WITH LIGHT DUMBBELLS
Alternate Upright Rows: 8's - 30 seconds
Double Arm Kickbacks: 5's - 30 seconds
Alternate Hammer Curl Runs - 10's - 30 seconds
Run Rows but only 1 weight: 10# - 30 seconds

Total workout time with treadmill was 58 minutes, burned 412 calories, HR was 123/143. Felt way higher than that at times.

Jolie - So glad you are feeling better, what a way to spend Christmas. I will be cleaning up my Christmas stuff on Thursday. Tired of seeing it. The only fitness related thing I got was wrist straps that wrap around dumbbells to help you lift them. My right wrist hurts when I lift over 15# so this helps a lot. I was hoping to get Egg Weights but didn't. Oh well, I order some maybe. Have fun with your new Fitbit! You have better luck with those than me and Diane do.

Cam - Great job with your workout, that one looked good. I checked it out but I think the first exercise was burpees or something like that and I thought no way! LOL!! I probably should give it a try, though. It is so nice to deep clean a room, isn't it? Wish I could do my entire house!!

Roselyn - Great job with Body Beast!

Diane - 2:30 a.m. you posted your workout. Holy smokes, girl, how do you stay up that late? I can't stay up past 9:30 most of the time. Hope you were able to sleep in this morning. Great job with your workout! I wanted to do the BoxFit workout too, and remembered how high impact it was. I love that workout, too.

Belinda - I was actually thinking of reading her plan as well. I'll let you know what I think and if I'll try it. I've been doing all the recipes, I just never read the eating plan before.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Back at the office today. I'm so bad about posting if I'm not on my laptop. I completed by 300 workouts in IFit for the year so I switched to a youtube Tracy Stein Full body this morning and loved it. I think I will be using more youtube strength this year and not so focused on getting my Ifit rewards!

Today I am back in the gym, still have a stuffy runny nose and a little cough but other than that, I feel good. I started with an uphill walk on the TM, 40 minutes, traveled 2.2 miles and burned 347 calories. Next, I put together a total body circuit, 3 rounds and boy did it feel good to move and lift again. Total workout time was 66 minutes and I burned 489 calories.

Chest Press- 20's x 12 reps
Narrow Grip Palms Facing inward cable rows- 60# x 12
Seated Overhead Press- 15's x 12
Bicep Curls with a Twist- 15's x 12
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 12
Leg Ext.- 40# x 16
ABS- Bicycles and Crunches to failure

I like my new Fitbit so far; I got the Charge 4. It is narrow and has a bright display, so it is easy to see. I cleaned up my entire house yesterday except for one Christmas tree, I will take it down this week. It is so pretty at night; it is a white flocked tree with twinkle lights. I took all the ornaments off, and I love it just by itself.

Debbie, great job on the workout today. When do you go back to work? I got some workout cloths, running shoes and the fitness tracker for gifts along with an espresso machine. I am calling today to make my MRI appointment; the referral was approved last week.

Doreen, way to go on doing 300 workouts!!! I am not sure what I am going to do going forward this coming year for workouts, I have to really think about it.

Belinda, sorry to hear about your knee. Good job on the workout!

Roselyn, are you a grandmother yet!!!!!!

Cam, great job on the workout, you are doing really well with these types of workouts. I bet you are in killer shape!!!

Diane Sue, Wow on the workout yesterday, it looks like a good one. I hope you had a good night's sleep last night you need it. I went to bed at 8pm and got up at 4:45am. I feel good today :)

Make it a great day.

Tonight I did Cathe's Athletic Training. This is my 2nd time doing this and though it's a good workout, I am not sure I like the way it's designed. I would have liked the cardio dispersed between the weight work. Maybe there is a premix like that. I never checked. And, the weight work moves a little too quick, but pretty decent.

Doreen, what I like about Tracy's workouts, is that she does different formats and they are all pretty good. She will make you sweat.

Debbie, you might want to check out Penny's standing workouts. She has a few of them. She also shows modifications.

Jolie, glad you are feeling better. I'm a work in progress since my surgery.

Belinda, you can't catch a break. Maybe 2023 will be your year.

Good workouts everyone!

Today I did CDorner Heart Pumping Cardio, 38 minutes, heart rate 120/150, 149 calories, 3,935 steps. I then did CDorner Magical Mobility FLow 36 minutes (skipped some of the meditation at the end) I did pull out my foam roller and laid on it and moved my arms in a snow angel move for part of that. Otherwise, it is around 40 minutes. This was 55 calories, heart rate 77/101 152 steps. Total time was 74 minutes, 204 calories, 4,087 steps. My knee was hurting when I woke up so I kept the cardio low impact. It did have a few jacks, but Chris showed low impact options. It was all standing and she used 3# dumbbells for some moves the last segment. Nothing really tough. The mobility had more movement to it, but was okay. Not a lot of holding myself up on my hands for long periods, but had lunge hold with somewhat of a balance while holding arms overhead and palms facing away from me so the shoulders do not hunch forward. Interesting, and works. I am going to bed shortly. It will probably be 12 though. I have so many things to do and we are having my 12-year-old grandson over this weekend for fun. I need to think up some things to do with him.

Belinda, nice work getting Iron leg day in yesterday and chest and triceps in today. I think I liked High and Tight the best too. I am sorry you twisted your knee. I keep doing things like that and then it throws my plans all off for a while. I think the Box Fit was a bit much for my knee since it was a little off anyway. I did try to modify, but I still pushed it too much. I keep putting Volteran on my knee and foot. My foot and toe is feeling better today. I have a pair of slip-on athletic shoes my husband ordered well before Christmas that are now arriving Saturday and waiting on my husband's air compressor that should be here Thursday. These were both ordered around black Friday. I had to reorder laundry soup and vacuum filters. I am guessing they got left on another doorstep as I got the other packages that day, just not that one. They refunded the missing stuff. I gave a few days hoping someone would bring it. We take other people their packages when they come here by mistake. No picture was taken of the doorstep, and it just said delivered to a safe place, whatever that means.

Jolie, I am sorry you spent Christmas miserable. I am glad you are doing better. You got in a really good workout today. How is the collar bone after the rest. I am glad to hear that your mri referral is approved. My nights are almost always broken up when it comes to sleeping. I woke at 6 coughing and sneezing and got up to get water and went back to sleep in the recliner till 9. There is no way I could go to bed at 8 as it is after 8 when my husband goes to work, and I start cleaning house. During the day I do some things but cleaning the master bedroom and bath and vacuuming and mopping I do at night. Juniper Pollen is moving upward on the charts, so allergies are getting worse. You would think freezing temps would make it stop. We always are ready to put away the Christmas stuff once Christmas day passes. I still have one box to put up as I wanted to try to see if I can figure out why the Christmas Star is not lighting up. Lot of lights on it to test the bulbs.

Debbie, nice work on Build and Burn Upper Body Supersets. I bet you are anxious to get the MRI results. Isn't it tedious trying to keep working out without overtraining another area because on area cannot be worked much? I always worry I am going to make the other half of me start hurting and not be able to do much of anything. I am sorry that you did not get the egg weights. I usually end up using light dumbbells because they are easy to put down and pick up if I feel it bothering me. Weighted gloves are too complicated to put on and take off. Egg weights seem like they would be quicker to put on and take off. My left wrist is the one that gives me problems. It kind of stings most of the time and does not like too much pressure.

Cam, is Athletic Training on the Low Impact Series? I confuse some of them as I think one of the Shock Cardio Step workouts is Athletic something. Maybe it is step. I have not done those in years. I think some of the Low Impact Serie workouts did move at a pretty fast pace. Maybe you could look at the workout manager and see what order the moves are on the premixes.

Doreen, great job on finishing 300 Ifit workouts. I am glad you found a Tracy Steen workout that you enjoyed.

This morning I did RAW Heavy Bag w/Chest & Back. Loved it, this was my first time doing it. It was a great workout and by the end I was totally done.

Lifting part was 4 sets/12 reps. Boxing part was 50 seconds on/10 off and then she does some Air Boxing with was also 50 sec on/10 off

Chest Press: 15's - 4 sets/12 reps
Heavy Bag Drills
Air Boxing Drills

Seated Rows
: 15's - 4 sets/12 reps
Heavy Bag Drills
Air Boxing Drills

Modified Pullovers
: 12's - 4 sets/12 reps (I only got 10 reps on the last two sets - killer!)
Heavy Bag Drills
Air Boxing Drills

Workout was 51 minutes, burned 431 calories!!! did 1179 step and HR was 136/164.

I don't have time for personals, I'm taking my brother to the doctor for a procedure. Hopefully I can do personals later on this afternoon. Have a great day everyone!!!

Good morning,

IRON Series 30 Min Posterior Chain Workout - Glutes, Hamstrings, Back | Day 13 is done. I also added a 10 Day Yoga Feel Better, Move better challenge Day 1, Yoga for Joint Health is done.

Debbie - good luck with your brothers procedure. Great job with your workout. If you read Kiki's ebook, it all makes sense. I will start using her plan/meals.

Diane - thank you. My knee feels better today, not sure what I did. I also using Volteran on my knee. Glad you feeling better too. I don't know what is going on with my orders. If they out, I don't get how I can pay and order it for month? It's ridiculous! I am glad Amazon is taking pictures. No lost orders there. Great job with your workouts.

Cam - I sure hope 2023 is a better one for me. I am not sure about AT either. Either you love it or hate it. This is why I don't reach for that one often. Great job.

Roselyn - are you excited to became a grandma? Great job with your Beast workout.

Julie - something is going around. I am all stuffy and have a runny noise. It's no wonder with this crazy weather we are having. Great job yesterday.

Doreen - I like using YT workouts. I used to do her workouts. There are so many great instructors/workouts on YT.

Roxie - where are you, girl?

Have a great day and workout.

I did a 38 minute ride this morning. And I took my dog for run/scooter ride last night with my little kick scooter since it was calm and 45 degrees out. Its fun until we have to work out way back up the hill! I'm trying to teach him how to pull me but he prefers to run by my side.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.