Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for December 2019

Good morning,

CL # 274 Power legs is done. Not bad! I did all the high impact jumps on my rebounder. That thing comes in handy, lol. I also did SBF D23 TTT UB Sleek. My friend has to go back to DC on Thursday :( Tomorrow will be my last day doing CL. I probably will sign up soon. Like the workouts and lots of variety.

Jolie - yeah, your son is coming home for xmas. Have fun shopping for xmas presents. I haven't put up any xmas decorations yet :D Better get on it! I noticed I get really tight in my hip/IT when i do Boxing workouts. I make sure, I get a good stretch in afterwards.

Debbie - lol, I got a good laugh at the wooing. I love the workout. It was a lot of fun. Got a lot of steps in too. Your xmas tree sounds awesome. Love the idea on wheels :) What a great idea.

Diane - I hope you ok. How scary. What are they going to do next? I hear your frustration getting all those test done. Please, take care of yourself. I will keep you in my prayers! You are funny! When I heard the wooing I had to laugh out lout. That's funny! I found an old Cathe tape at the thrift store a few month ago. I can't get myself to do the workout, lol. Holy crap! I have never heard so much wooing in a workout :( I think it was one of her first ones. I have to pull that one out soon, hopefully I make it through the workouts.

Roselyn - good luck on Friday. I love STS. I have done all kinds of different STS rotations since it come out. I have done the 1 rep max when STS came out. I always felt like I was way to heavy in M1 and too light in M1 and 3. The 1 rep max never made any sense to me either. Some day's you just can't lift as heavy or you want to go heavier. Just pick up a weight you think you can do for the amount of reps in each workout. Also remember Cathe's speed/rep count is different with each Meso. Every year I usually do a round of STS. I skipped last year. Before that I did the STS Pyramid, that was a long rotation. I needed a break from STS. I may pick it up soon.

Doreen - lol, about your son's girlfriend. I can't remember the last time I put up a real tree? I got tired finding needles everywhere. Post a picture of your tree :)

Have a great day and workout everyone.

Reactions: WD
Today I was finally able to do a workout and I had so much fun. I did RAW Boxing & Pump 2 and really loved the workout. the music is AWESOME! Evert instructor should always use 80's music. I went really like, the highest I used was 12# dumbbells. I used the 8's a lot in this one.

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 296 calories, did 3054 steps and HR was133/167.

Then I got on my Max Trainer and did a quick 4 minute workout. That was also fun and I did well on it. I thought it would kill me since I haven't been on it in over a month.

That quick workout was 8 minutes, burned 62 calories and HR was 142/166. I did 417 steps.

Diane - Wow, that is scary. Does your family have a history of heart problems? If so, then maybe it was passed on to you. My dad's side of the family - all of them has had heart issues, my dad died of a heart attack. I'm worried something like that could happen to me as well, I think that's why I'm so obsessed with workouts and eating right. I will say a prayer for you for sure. I'm sure all is fine.

Be back later for more personals. Have a great day everyone!!

Last edited:
Back for personals:

Roselyn - Wow, 3 weeks already. I hope you are healing fast and able to get around pretty good, So when will you be taking the test for your cosmo license? I never understood how you figure out your one rep max, either. I do what everyone else has said, just what I know I can handle.

Doreen - Nice workout, I might try that tomorrow if it is lower impact. I am doing cardio tomorrow so maybe I'll try it.

Jolie - I'm glad your son will be home for Christmas, that is always good news! Hope you enjoyed your day off.

Diane - I commented to you in my post above.

Belinda - You should just subscribe to CL, it's not expensive. I love having that and Kelly's RAW, I don't really need anything else. I feel it's money well spent. :) I'm sure you will miss your friend when she goes home, that is a bummer, but it's nice that you had a week to spend with her.

Roxie - Hope your DH is getting better. Sending prayers to him.

Good night all!!

No workout today. I had a great time at ladies game day. Today it was bingo, and passing around a big ball of plastic wrap with goodies and gift cards tucked in between layers. We had to try to peel back as much as we could and collect things while the person next to it rolled dice till they got doubles and it had to passed to the next person. It was fun. There was prizes for all of the games. Then the gift stealing and exchange. Lots of laughs. I stopped at Sprouts on the way home to pick up things for soup. Afterward I was so tired I ended up taking a nap because I couldn't even sit here and read or look at the computer without nodding off. I coughed half the night and was wide awake at 4 am this morning, unable to fall asleep at all. Hopefully I can get a good workout in tomorrow along with housework.

Jolie, that is great that your son gets to come home Christmas. I bet you are really happy. That is too bad that you have problems when you do kickboxing. I know you like doing it.

Doreen, when I did CL I did not do many of the older ones. I wanted do the newest ones first before I quit using it. Cool that that one was like Cardio Party. I love that workout.

Belinda, I have a couple of Cathe's older workouts that I don't go back to much. Well not for years. She has on lace leggings in one :) They are not bad workouts, there is just something that makes me not want to pull them out. I think I have the Classic one and another one on dvds. I do know there was a couple on VHS. I don't recall those being on dvd though. I use my rebounder and my Fit Tower way more than I would have thought for other workouts. I use my Fit Tower in place of a chair for many workouts and even for Gentle Yoga when Jessica Smith uses a chair. I used it for some of my PT stuff as well. Lots of jumping leads me to set out the rebounder.
I think the Heart Doctor's office was trying to call me earlier when I was out. I checked the number prefix and it matched their office. There was a message, but I could only hear talking in the background. Maybe they didn't get the phone hung up. Anyway, I am sure they will call back. I don't want to do a stress test while I am still recovering from the allergies and bronchitis though.

Debbie, yes, there is heart problems on my Dad's side of the family. My Dad had o have a procedure done and they had him on blood thinners. His Dad passed away in his 60's chasing a bull in the pasture and had a heart attack. That is why they suggested the original testing at the doctor office for the Smart Heart test, which was basically an overall test with me doing 3 minutes of step bench, ultra-sound and some other tests which led me to the heart doctor and now more stuff. I am going to try to cut way back on fats even though I eat healthy fats. I can't think of much else to do. I loved the music in that Box and Pump workout. I wanted to do it when I read other's thoughts and mentioning the music. That is what I liked about one of the first Real Raw workouts where Kelly used great music which had me singing with it while doing my weights. Maybe it was the first Real Raw weight workout.

Today I tried to do Cathe Live #55 which is what Doreen did yesterday, although I think she actually did #54 since that one seems to be all cardio and 55 has sculpting in it. I'd have to go back and see what she wrote but maybe I thought she said 55 and it was supposed to be 54. Anyways, it was still 80's style but the music wasn't. After my Fitbit decided to reboot (WTF?) and I got it started again and I got about half way through the workout and it froze. It kept messing up during the workout like jumping, stopping but then it just stopped. I tried to replay it several times but it would not work. Did anyone else have problems with the CL site this morning? Frustrating, I was pretty pissed. I only got a good 15 minutes in. Then I tried RAW Just Step and that worked so I know it wasn't our internet. I did the first two step segments and then did RAW Ab Finisher which is just ok. I hate the music in that one. I really need to do more ab work, they are looking really flabby to me lately. :(

Total workout time (without abs) was 36 minutes, burned 312 calories and did 3673 steps and HR was 149/206. So bummed that CL wouldn't work, I was really working up a good sweat with that one and the workout was fun.

Hope you all have great workouts and I hope you workouts don't freeze!!

Good morning,

#213 Ready,Step,Set = 44 min is done. LOVED IT! The combos were really fun. The music was pretty good too.

Debbie - I agree, CL is cheap! I will sign up in the new year. With the new workouts coming out, I doubt I will do anything else. If you read the forum a lot of people having problems with CL lately. That's another reason I will wait until they straighten it out. My internet goes out a lot, I want to make sure it's not on my end before I sign up. I know it's frustrating when this happens.

Diane - she had quit a few on VHS's that never got released on DVD's. Step'N Motion Cardio Step Challenge, Fit & Firm, Get ready for your Wedding. I have all the ones she has on dvd's even her older workouts with the lace leggings. The workouts are good. Like you I don't reach for them much. I use my rebounder a lot, my Fit tower not so much. I will keep you in my prayers. Hope you doctors has good news. Sorry to hear about your dad.

I will be back later for more personals.

Debbie - I think I've done 54 and 55 this week.... sorry if I mixed them up! One of them is the 80s style cardio moves- but you are right - not 80s music which was a bummer!

This morning I did #33 Lean Lower Body. I really liked it. I always hesitate to push play on her lower body workouts but on Live I think they are a little more manageable because of the water breaks she gives the class!!

Today I went for it and did Yvette Bachman, Moderate impact step cardio and weights, Biceps, Shoulders, Triceps and Core. I love this workout, it is one of the easier workouts and in one hour I burned 539 calories and I am dripping wet! Average heart rate was 136 and max was 176.

I went to the doctor yesterday and had my blood test done and I am not happy with the results. My cholesterol is high, 249 but keep in mind I did not fast so it can be skewed. My LDL is high too so my dad just put my on a different Beta Sitosterol combo, Vit A high doses, B complex high doses, Red Yeast Rice, and of coarse, my favorite Flax Seed Oil. Yuck! That should do it, I will have it checked out in 6 months. I also am going to change my eating habits completely. Remember a month or so ago I spotted and I said I had to get a pap smear, well, that is tomorrow and they are doing a biopsy to check for cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really, they had to say that to me. I have been crying on and off since I left the doctors office, I am so scared. My dad thinks my Estrogen got low since I was on those supplements to help with all of my menopause symptoms and if it gets low, then the wall of the cervices and uterus can get thin and cause bleeding . He said I mostly likely do not have Cancer but I cant stop worrying. Please say a prayer for me because I am really scared. I also have that lump in my right forearm and I have to have an MRI done on that this Sunday, they want to see what it is and if it is close to nerves and veins ect. Then, I have a small cyst on my back that they need to cut out but my dr. said that is no big deal. I have other issues too but that is enough for today, Holy Shit! I am very over whelmed and my mom is coming to stay with me for a few days and go with me to my OBGYN appt. tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Great workouts everyone. I will BBL to read your posts. Just having a bad day. I feel very out of control right now and it is killing me. I want to control my body at least and it seems that I cannot.

Jolie - I will keep you in my prayers too!They always tell you it could be cancer :( Of course, you gonna worry.I am sure you will be fine. Sorry you have to go through this (((HUGS)))

Today I did X Train cardio leg blast, 59 minutes, met 5.7, 303 calories, 2,847 steps, heart rate average 126, max 163. I finished with Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga: total body flow, 24 minutes (added a couple of other stretches), 37 calories, met 2.0, heart rate average 95, max 124, 44 steps. Total time was 83 minutes, 340 calories, 2,891 steps. I used Cathe's weights on legs.

Jolie, I am so sorry. Try not to worry. Most of the time those things are not something that bad. I kind of feel like as soon as I got old enough for medicare my doctor decided it was time for all of these tests, just in case which seems to be bouncing off to more tests. I will keep you in my prayers. I would have thought the spotting was just part of going through menopause. I had my uterus removed when my youngest was 18 months because I had cancer in the uterus. They took it out and said there was a bit more than they thought. Back then I did not go through chemo. They got it all and I have been fine since. My menopause was different because I was not having periods anymore when it started. It is good they are checking things out. I have been eating organic thick cut oats and adding some flax seed to it when I cook it. Could you mix the oil into a dressing and maybe not notice the taste. I am taking Ubiquinol and a natural vitamin E. I am always afraid of taking really high doses of most supplements. C is okay except it may cause a lot of bathroom trips. Most that are water soluble are safe to take because the body flushes out excess. I take B vitamins and a B 12 and Folic acid supplement once a day. I don't get the diet for me as I have poured over my fitness pal and I am always way low on cholesterol and saturated fat.

Debbie, there is nothing more frustrating than trying to do a workout and have to keep messing with something. I had problems a few times when I was using CL. That is the ab workout where she uses her son's singing. The one said a bad word and she makes a sound each time to block it out. It is really not my type of music. She used that music in what I think is her 3rd real raw workout and a bit in her Hiit workout. I like the 80's music.

Belinda, I never got the older Cathe workouts. When I first purchased a vhs of hers it was Power Max step workout. I have seen some of the older ones in the library before, but figured if I checked them out I probably would not do them. You ladies are making me want to do CL again, but I know when the new workouts come I will be using them and I still have Kelly's Raw channel.

Doreen, I always have my remote handy so I can pause if I need a break or to change something.

Good morning,

Back to working out with my dvd's :( Today I did Core Max Seg.3 and a 2 mile walk. My knee has been bordering me since I did the step workout yesterday, I try not to push it. I still think the step workout I did yesterday was a lot of fun.

Roselyn - good luck on your tests.

Diane - a few month ago, I donated all my Cathe VHS's like Power Max. I have that one on DVD, I don't need it on a VHS too. I found those VHS's I posted above at a Goodwill. I will not sign up for CL since Cathe's new workouts are coming soon. I get overwhelmed with too many workouts.

I will be back later with more personals.

I did CL #7 Hard Strikes Low Impact this morning. I think I've done it before - I just didn't have it marked in my sheet. Oh well - it was an OK workout. Lots more breaks than the Hard Strikes DVD so not quite as intense but I was a little stiff from yesterday's workout so that's ok by me!

Today I did RAW Intervals #2 Circuits and had fun. This one wasn't really that hard, but I only used 5# dumbbells. She used 7#. Kelly was sweating like crazy and I barely broke a sweat. I think it might be because of all the lights in her basement. She needs to get LEDS, that would cut down on the heat factor.

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 296 calories, went 1931 steps and HR was 136/170.

Then I got on my Max Trainer and did a 10 minute Busy Mom workout. OMG, this one was a killer. I had to stop after 5 intervals. Crazy stuff. Plus I ran out of time.

Workout was only 8 minutes, burned 71 calories, did 445 steps and HR was154/188.

Have a great afternoon, I will be back for personals later.

Today I did X Train All Out Low Impact Hiit, 39 minutes, heart rate average 143, max 176, 2973 steps, 248 calories, met 7.0. I then did Fit Split Low Impact Cardio Time saver skipping the warm up, 23 minutes, heart rate average 130, max 162, 1, 528 steps, met 7.5, 139 calories. I finished off with Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga back and chest flow, 21 minutes, met 2.0, 36 calories, heart rate 96 average, 140 max, 15 steps.
Total time was 83 minutes, 423 calories, 4,516 steps.
They just called to set up my stress test and carotid ultrasound. At first I was going to do both the same day, but when I asked how long they said about 4 hours for both and my follow up dr visit. I decided to do one at a time. Both are next month. The stress test takes 2 hours o_O

Roselyn, best of luck with your tests.

Belinda, Power Max on the VHS went for sale with a most of my other vhs tapes just before dvd became the rage. I have it on dvd anyway. Same with MIC and MIS and Pure Strength which I sold.. Sorry that your knee is bothering you. I have that happen every once in awhile I have to make sure the turns and spins are done carefully and I pick up my feet to turn. Otherwise I may tork it a bit and that will set it off. Also the jumping off of the step can be a problem.

Doreen, I know I did that one. I was not real impressed. It did not compare to the dvd workout.

Debbie, I have used that interval workout a lot since it is very light weights and I think a bit more cardio than some of the other interval workouts. Not tough, but I nice workout all the same. I wonder if LED's are good for photography and video. I have not clue. I remember her light getting hot and overheating on one of her earlier workouts.

Back for some quick personals, it is getting late and I am so tired today.

Belinda - Ready, Step Set sounds like a fun workout. Is it high impact? I'm sure it can be modified. I might try that one soon. I also have to be careful with step workouts. My knees have been bothering me lately and I can't help but wonder if that is why.

Doreen - No worries, I will try #54 maybe next week. I have to be careful with step workouts as my knees start to hurt if I do it too much. It's silly to have an 80's type workout without 80's music. LOL!!

Jolie - I hope everything went well with you OBGYN appointment today, I am keeping you in my prayers. I sure hope we all have a better 2020. We all had issues this year. Me with my colonoscopy scare, Diane with her upper back issues (and me too), you with your back, Roselyn and her hip, etc. I sure hope we all stay healthy from now on!! Getting old sucks. Update us when you can, I see you didn't post today.

Roselyn - I will keep you in my prayers when you take your tests. I'm sure you will do well. I only had to go one day, we had the written and practical on the same day.

Diane - Wow 2 hours for a stress test? What the heck are they going to do, make you run a marathon? Yikes!! I am glad today's workout was a bit easier. I don't want to over do it. I still have tightness on my right side. My neck feels like I slept wrong, not sure why it won't go away. Frustrating.

Roxie - Hope your DH is doing better. Hope you are ok as well.

Have a great evening everyone.

This morning I did RAW Home Gym Intervals #1. I went a bit heavier than last time and getting acclimated to lifting again. It feels great. I feel pretty good today, minimal tightness in my right side.

Each interval was 1 minute:

Squats - 12's
Cardio
Front Curls - 12's
Cardio
Squat/Alternate Pledge - 12's
Cardio
Goblet Squat/Calf Raise - 12#
Cardio
Front Raise - 12#
Cardio
Plie w/Upright Row - 10's
Cardio
Kickstand Deadlifts - 12's
Cardio
Overhead Dumbbell Extension - 12#
Cardio
Deadlifts/Kickbacks (I did Chest Press/Flies) - 12's

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 243 calories, HR was 145/182. Traveled about 1 mile and did 2828 steps.

I also walked on my treadmill for another 20 minutes, burned an extra 157 calories, went 1 mile and 2453 steps. HR was 128/184.

Have great workouts everyone!!

Good morning,

I did a Leslie Swanson 4 mile walk this morning. Keeping light until Monday. Knee is still bordering me. Funny walking doesn't hurt, except if I do turns. Weird!

Debbie - there are some high impact in Ready, Step Set like jumping jacks. There was a lot of turns, around the step. She builds on the step combos. The step choreography is inter/adv. I modify all the high impact by not jumping. The music is 80's and very good, IMO! Cathe should play music like this more often.Great job this morning.

Diane - a few month ago I donated all my VHS's even Cathe's like Pure Strength, Power Step and others. I haven't used the VHS's in years, I doubt I will ever use them. I also have all those on DVD's,The only reason I picked up the Cathe VHS's is you can't find them on DVD. I have Power Max, MIC,MIS and Pure Strength on DVD. I haven't used them in awhile. Need to pull them out. Sometimes I wished I wouldn't have bought half the workout dvd's I own. I think that what's happened to me, too many turns on the step workout. I iced my knee yesterday.

I will be back later.

CL #267 Metabolic madness this morning 44 minutes. This was a great workout - actually very well organized with metabolic moves that pair moves that might use the same weight. I get so frustrated with workouts that are deadlifts with lateral raises. Well I can use 25-30 for deadlifts but only 10s for lateral raises so I'm not getting the most out of my deadlifts in that combo. She did about 7-8 exercises and repeated them so I was able to appropriately adjust weights the second time through (even though she messed up the order it was ok). So I ranked this one really high in my chart to do it again sometime!

Good morning, no workout today, my mom just left and the time just slipped away :) I had a really great visit with her for her 83rd Birthday. My appointment went really good yesterday, I should get the results in about a week. I love this doctor, she really was so positive and said she thinks my issue is just my body going through post menopause issues. She ordered a ultra sound on my Cervix because it is so high up from my C sections that she cant get to it. She said she is doing it just for piece of mind for me so I don't worry about it. :) My blood test came out great except for the Cholesterol, but that I can manage myself. I cant wait to workout tomorrow.

Debbie, great job on the Home intervals workout, i love that type of format! I want to do that soon, i have a DVD that Kelly did a few years back. I hope 2020 is a better year for all of us!!!!!!! We all just need to keep doing what we are doing and keep positive thoughts and pray and it should be awesome!

Belinda, sorry to hear you have a sore knee. I love walking, it is the only exercise that is totally pain free for me! I am so sore from my Yvette workout that i did the other day, i can barely walk LOL!

Doreen, great job with the CL workout today, that sounds like a fun one.

Diane Sue, I haven't pulled out XTRAIN in so long, those are great workouts! How are you feeling lately? I cant believe how long these tests take! They said for my ultra sound it will take 2 hours! My mri should take a1 hour, i think i will put that off till the week after Christmas.

Roselyn, i hope you are doing well.

I will be working out tomorrow and checking in. i hope you all have a wonderful day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.