Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for AUGUST 2022!!

Yesterday was a rest day, I ended up meeting my parents for breakfast and we had a great time. Today, I did Cathe's STS Meso 2 Disc #16 Chest and Triceps only, I like to do shoulders on their own. I also added some leg exercises, and I ended the workout by doing Les Mills Core Attack, I did 3/4 of the workout. Total workout time was 1 hour 6 minutes and I burned 443 calories. I could have gone heavier on a few exercises, but I just do not want to aggravate my shoulder and trap area again. Baby steps...

Warm up Incline Chest Press-
12's x 16
15's x 12
Incline Chest Press-
20's x 12, x 10, x 8
15's x 15 BOS

Incline Chest Flys-
12's x 12, x 10, x 8
10's x 20 BOS ( way to easy )

Flat Bench Press-
20's x 12, x 10, x 8
15's x 16 BOS

Flat Bench Lying Triceps Ext.-
15's x 12, x 10, x 8
10's x 12 BOS

Lying Cross Body Ext.-
12# x 12, x 10, x 8
10# x 13 BOS

Seated Overhead Triceps Ext.-
12's x 12, x 10, x 8
10's x 8 BOS

BW Squats-
x 20, x 20, x 20, x 20

Leg Ext.-
40# x 24, x 20, x 16, x 15, x 14

Les Mills Core Attack

Great job on the workouts this weekend everyone! I am going to start using my air fryer more this Fall, I have found a lot of cool recipes on Instagram. Cam, I will check out Pinterest and see what you are talking about regarding recipes. I want to cut out some carbs and eat cleaner now that summer is over. I have stopped drinking alcohol since Monday and see a big difference in my stomach area. I love drinking wine in the summer but not so much in the cooler months. I really have to get it together this year, because this is going to be my year!!! I am feeling better than I have in a few years and it feels amazing to be in less pain. My goal going forward is to work legs and abs more because I am going snow skiing this year and I need to get these legs stronger.

Have a wonderful Sunday. We are due to get a heat wave the next 10 days, over 90 degrees at the beach! Yikes :( I may have to workout indoors...

This morning I did RAW Box & Pump 2 and had a good workout. I wasted a lot of time looking for a workout I thought Kelly did called Box & Sculpt - I did Box & Sculpt Outside last week but I thought there was another one. Could not find it and I wasted a lot of time. I had to skip the triceps of this workout so I could get chest and biceps in. Still had a pretty good sweaty workout. Used my 1# sand weights for the boxing parts.

Boxing Drill
Squat Rows
: 15's - 16 reps
Run Rows: 8's - lots of reps

Boxing Drill
Overhead Press
: 2's - 16 reps (I did overhead shrugs -explained below)
Connected Front/Side Raise: 5's

Boxing Drill (I did this)
Overhead Triceps Extension
: Skipped
Run Kickbacks: Skipped

Boxing Drill
Chest Flies
: 15's - 16 slow reps
Run Press: 8's - lots of reps
Ab work: 5's
Hammer Curls: 15's - 16 reps
Run Curls: 8's - lots of reps.

So I was watching some Youtube vids about knots in the trapezius muscle (which is what I deal with every day). Most of the people I watched said it could be an imbalance of the upper traps and if that muscle is weak, the lower traps get knotted up for whatever reason. They said a good exercises for this to help with the imbalance is overhead shrugs. I haven't worked my upper traps in years and maybe this is causing the issues I'm having? I figured I do a couple sets of these during the week to see if it helps. Reaching at straws here.

Diane - I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday, I hope you had a great one!! So sorry I missed saying that. And I hope you have a great vacation!!

Hope you all have a great day! Great workouts this weekend everyone!

Reactions: WD
Diane Sue, Happy Birthday!

Today's workout was short, sweet and to the point because I am very sore from yesterday's workout. Today I opted to do only Shoulders, STS Meso 2 Disc #16 and I did a few extra exercises because I wanted to hit all of the Shoulder in the one workout. Workout was 38 minutes and I burned 251 calories.

Seated BB Front Press-
35# x 12, x 10, x 8
25# x 15 BOS

Lateral Raises-
10's x 12, x 10, x 8 (these darn near killed me, I am so weak on these now days)
8's x 10 BOS
5's x 13 BOS

Seated Rear Flys-
10's x 12, x 10, x 8
8's x 10 BOS

Upright Rows-
12's x 12, x 10, x 8 x 15 TF

Seated Overhead Press-
15's x 12, x 10, x 8
12's x 13 BOS

Lateral Circles Thumbs to the sky- (do not know the name of these, just one big circle)
5's x 12, x 10, x 8

Alternating Lateral Raise Burnout-
8's x 16

Debbie, great job on the workout today. Maybe that is my problem as well, the Trap area is a big problem for me right now. I will look into it. I am not sure what overhead Shrugs are?

BBL to read the posts for the day. Happy Monday.

Hi everyone,

Today I did Carline’s Tempo D1 UB.

Diane - Happy Birthday! Hope you having fun.

Debbie - great job on your workouts. Sorry about your traps bordering you again. My shoulder is acting up again. Hope you feel better soon.

Julie , Cam and Roslyn great job on your workouts.

Good night.

We went camping this weekend - so I guess I did 2 rowing workouts just paddling around in the kayak - that was fun. After my last adventure when my dog dumped me into the lake and flooded my kayak my husband build me a platform with bouys to balance the kayak and give the dog somewhere to sit and lay. We tested that out this weekend and he did really well - still a little jittery when waves come or we get to close to something interesting that he wants to jump off and swim too.

This morning I did a Penny Barnshaw on Youtube - low impact power hiit - the names all run together but I really liked it. I know she has a separate paid subscription service but its her paper style lifting programs. She also has a donate button on youtube. I think instructors try to build a following offering free content and then try to draw those followers into a paid platform.

I too wish Cathe wouldn't announce until the filming is done!! She did that with one of her programs - Fit Tower maybe? It was so much better to get the announcement, updates and DVDs so close together.

Yesterday I did HoyPro Silent But Deadly Low Impact Cardio, well half of it. I tweaked the left side of my back and immediately stopped. I went down to do low impact burpees and I felt pain sharp pain on my lower left side. I think I strained a muscle. I have never had back pain before. Ouch! Anyway, I think I was lifting too heavy on Saturday (for me anyway), and that may have triggered something. I also did some plank side twists and that didn't feel too great. I took Aleve and a hot shower and that helped. I feel a little better today, but I am just walking this week, until I feel 100%. I may go back to light weights for awhile. I knew things were going to well with my workouts, and of course there were some great YT releases today.

Walked 2 miles tonight with the hubby and dog. Gorgeous night.

Good workouts everyone! Happy Birthday Diane!

This morning I did 30 mintues on the bike with an Ifit workout in Rocky Mountain National Park. It was supposed to be a beginner workout but I adjusted the resistance to make it harder.

Cam- bummer about your back! Is HoyPro the same guy that used to post as Millionaire Pro? I thought he pulled off youtube?

This morning I did CDorners 100% Low Impact Cardio Walking Workout which was easy, fun and sort of an intermediate workout. I liked it. The end was some exercises using 2# dumbbells which ended up beign a burner!

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 364 calories, did 4269 steps and HR was 138/169.

Jolie - Nice workout yestserday!! You're making me want to do STS. I should pull those out but I HATE using my DVD player, it sucks. An overhead shrug is just how it sounds. Put your arms in the upper-most position as if you are going to do an overhead press but instead keep your arms up and do a shrug just using your traps. I did about 20 reps with 3# dumbbells. Then I also did regular shrugs. I'm going to do this for a while to see if it helps. I doubt it will, but it's worth a try.

Belinda - Is Tempo an older series Caroline did or is that her new ones? Good job with the workout!!

Doreen - Sounds like your camping trip was fun!! I'm not much of a camper but maybe one of these days I'll do it again.

Roselyn - Good job with your workout!

Cam - So sorry to hear your tweaked a muscle. I so know what you are going through. Good idea just walking this week, you'll be find soon.

Diane - Hope you are having fun wherever you are!! :)

Have a great day everyone!! The picture below is a view of Cleveland from where my husband works. Isn't it beautiful! He's on the 31st floor of the building he is Maintenance Director of. He sends me one of these pics every morning. Just thought I'd share.

Attachments

• Resized_20220622_063727.jpeg
    Resized_20220622_063727.jpeg
    722.9 KB · Views: 1
Gorgeous photo Debbie!

Today I hand an exceptional workout, I woke up early and got it done before the heat arrives. I started with STS Meso 2 Disc # 18 Back and Biceps. Next, I ended with Illaria's ABS and Pushups, skipped the pushups and did all sorts of chest presses using 10# DB's. I did 25 reps of chest while she did the pushups and then you alternate with AB exercises for 30 minutes. Wow, I will be feeling this workout tomorrow. Workout was 1 hour and 18 minutes and I burned 502 calories. I cannot believe how much my body is changing from going back to lifting more than doing cardio. Now that my back is so much better, better than it has been in a few years, I am feeling back to myself again. It is amazing how not being able to lift weights like I like to, affects me in such a big way, mentally and physically. I have upped my protein, I doubled it, and that is making a huge difference too! Remember the book, Fuel the Muscle? Well, he was right!!!!!!

Wide Grip Cable Pull Downs-
50# Warm Up- x 12
60# x 12, x 10, x 8
50# x 12 BOS

Narrow Grip Palms Facing Inwards Pull Downs-
60# x 12, x 10, x 8
50# x 13 BOS

Cable Pullovers-
30# x 12, x 10, x 11 TF

1 Arm Horz. Rows- (these hurt my shoulder and trap a little, so I went light)
15# x 12, x 10, x 8
12# x 16 BOS

BB Deadlifts-
30# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 17 TF

Standing BB Bicep Curls-
35# BB x 12, x 10, x 8
25# x 15 BOS

Seated Alt. Bicep Curls with a twist-
17's x 12, x 10, x 8
8 Alt. and 8 two arms at a time-
14's x 16 BOS

Seated Conc. Curls-
15# x 12, x 10, x 8
12# x 17 BOS

Illaria M. ABS and Pushups workout 25 minutes

Debbie, great job on the workout today. I am going to try those exercises for the Traps, that is exactly where my pain is right now. I bought a new dvd player on Amazon for $24 dollars and it works great! I like it because I have so many dvds that I like and this way I can still use them. I like the way of working out in the old days lol!

Cam, great job on the workout and the walk, sorry to hear about the strain in your back!

Doreen, great job on the bike ride today, sounds like fun.

Belinda, great job on the workout.

Roselyn, nice job on the workout.

Make it a great day, it is going to start getting really hot here after today.

Hi,

Today I did Tempo D2 LB and SBF Barre.

Debbie - the picture is beautiful. Tempo came out last year. It‘s very good, IMO! I have to look the workout up you did this morning. Glad you liked it. Great job!

Julie - great job today.

Have a great day everyone.

Just a 2 mile walk today. My back is a little better but still some pain. I hope by Saturday I am back at it.

Doreen, Hoy kept his workouts on his old YT channel. I like some of his cardio. He has some fun drills, but he's tough, and a ittle too much for me. He can be annoying to listen to so I play my music loud.

Debbie, fun workout. Maybe I should do that one. Sounds doable.

Jolie, glad you are feeling good and having fun with STS.

Belinda, good job with barre.

Goodnight!

It is 2 am and I am just posting my workout. My husband is still on vacation, and I am not sure how much I will get on here. This morning I did Raw box and Pump 4 47 minutes, 2,569 steps, heart rate 124/152, 216 steps. I then did Raw Travel Tubing all standing work just in case you are in a hotel. 28 minutes, 93 calories, heart rate 102/120, 580 steps. I liked this she hits everything. Her Dog Jersey Girl was there with her. This was 75 minutes total, 309 calories, 3,149 steps. I also did CDorner Neck and Back Stretch Routine, 33 minutes, but had paused my Garmin to go to the door and forgot to restart it. I like this stretch a lot. We got home yesterday and my grandson brought Gertie back. I read your posts and will come post hopefully tomorrow. Thanks for the birthday wishes:)

This morning I did RAW Burnout: Upper Body. I had a great workout and went sort of light. This is a good workout. I changed up the exercises a bit.

45 seconds on/15 seconds off

Superset #1
Biceps
Supination Curls
: 15's
Half Curls: 12's (she did half hammer for the last set)
3 sets

Superset #2
Back
One Arm Rows:
25#
3 sets

Superset #3
Shoulders
Seated Overhead Press
: 12's (2 sets); 10's (last set)
Seated Lateral Raise: 10's
3 sets

Superset #4
Chest
Close Grip
Bench Press: 15's (I did regular bench press)
Pullovers: (I did Flies) - 15's
3 sets

Superset #5
Triceps
Skull Crushers
: 10's
Dips: (I did OH Trap Shrugs using 8's and 5's plus standing shrugs)
3 sets

Workout was 43 minutes, burned 338 calories, HR was 127/155.

Then I did about 10 minutes of stretching.

Jolie - Glad you are doing better, great workout yesterday! I read that book, "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle", great book. That was the point in my life when I was extremely muscular and cut. Loved it. I don't have that kind of want anymore, I'm good with staying slim and toned. Every time I start lifting heavy I get hurt so it's not worth it to me anymore. Bums me out but it is what it is.

Belinda - I thought Tempo sounded familiar. Good job with your workout!!

Cam - Glad you are feeling better. You will be find by Saturday! :) My crystal ball says so!

Diane - I will try that stretch workout you like, not sure I've done that one? I see Chris has a new mobility one out there that is 34 minutes, I wanted to give that one a try soon.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.