Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for August 2021

I am tired. I was woke up with my watch vibrating a call. It was my daughter who had called twice. I got up and called her back and left a message. She was already at work. She called me awhile later asking if I could pick up my grandson who was not feeling well. I guess he was feeling sick on the way to school. He seems okay though and wanted to eat as soon as he got here. I was up till after 1 am so now energy is gone. I did get a workout in once we got settled down.
I started CDorner Kickboxing that she had posted today. It must be an older one as it is before her new flooring. I hated it and after 11 minutes, 60 calories, heart rate 132/154, I stopped. I went back and looked and did the Kickbox workout from two weeks ago, 44 minutes, heart rate 125/159( I used the strength setting by accident) 199 calories. I am not sure if the strength setting made a difference in results previously I burned 242 calories. In fact most have been around the same calorie burn for around 40-45 minutes. I finished with today's mobility workout which was another older one. More active than the last one and mostly lower body stuff, 31 minutes, heart rate 98/110, 82 calories. I kept having to stop so the estimated steps total was 4,349 , 341 calories, 76 minutes.

Roselyn, nice work getting chest in.

Belinda, I am sorry they really want you to stay on those meds. I have read a lot too. There is some thought that the virus itself can lead to auto immune disease, but basically they person already had something going on to begin with. It seems most virus could do that. They keep saying any reactions or flare ups with the vaccine are worth the protection for someone immuo-suppressed. I always read that you should not get flu shots when you are using an immuno-suppressant as well as other meds. I don't know much myself because this vaccine is different. I am glad that you are in remission and sorry about you having to make a decision.

Debbie, that is ridiculous that you had to wait that long and still did not get your results. I am glad the tests are good. I thought that B vitamins flush out of the system. I take breaks from different supplements periodically to avoid getting too much. Since so many immunity products and vitamins add zinc now, I track it and some days I skip my zinc supplement. Same with D and K. I use those effervescent packets for C that have other vitamins and I got the elderberry immunity recently and it has zinc along with my Vital proteins vitamins and oddly other supplements add extra stuff. I am going to take just a few basic things with me when we go out of town for a few days. I have been better with the 5 types of collagen and glucosamine chondroitin with msm I am taking. I sometimes have a problem with msm though. I think it depends on sourcing or something. I am using Whole Foods 365 with the smaller msm in it and it seems fine. As far as the Garmin and Fitbit. I have not noticed any difference in pain from one to the other. I wear them night and day most of the time other than charging. I really do not think pain has been better or worse than before I started using the Fitbit. Maybe your pain is not muscle related? I pulled out my results from the mri for my shoulder I got two years ago which showed humeral head and glenoid erosions with marrow edema and synovitis. Articular cartilage and glenoid labrum appear intact. Biceps tendon intact. AC joints mild hypertrophic change. Rotator intact. Impression from doctor was erosive arthritis consistent with RA. Tried to shorten all of that. That being said, after this pain coming on again my doctor thinks they might need to do another mri to see if anything else is going on. It gets better at times, so I think mine is a combo of posture and the arthritis. I definitely get flare ups when forced to sit in a not good position for too long or doing something like hanging over a project for too long. I have been doing pretty well lately. That is interesting about the watches. Funny, my garmin lights on the back is green when I am up and around. When I go to bed and it monitors sleep it goes off and on from green to red and mostly red. I think when I wake up and shift positions it sets off the green light. It is bright and I shove my arm under the sheets. I think if you got a tracker without the bluetooth and wifi features it would probably only track basic things. Maybe that would be better for you for now till you know if it makes a difference. I wear my Garmin on my left wrist and the shoulder problem is on my right.

Doreen, nice try anyway. I find the fabric bands to be quite a bit harder than the latex ones used in most workouts.

Jolie, nice work. I don't think sedation works all that well for very active dogs. My other dog had some surgery and they said as soon as she woke she was trying to take off. She pulled out stitches after I got her home. Couldn't keep her down.

Last edited:
Diane - yes, they do to prevent my body attacking my own body. I can't let RP get out of hands. I decided to stay on the meds. The end of this month exactly a year ago I was diagnosed with RP. I really don't want this disease to get worst. My doctors told me month ago, I could get flair ups if I get the vaccine. My doctors told me the same about the reactions or flare ups with the vaccine are worth the protection for someone immuo-suppressed. I have to stop the immune suppressed meds a week before I would get the vaccine and a week after the second. I assume for the booster I would be the same. Everyone in my family in Germany got the shot without any problems. I can't get the flu or any live vaccine anymore. Hope your grandson is ok. Sorry you had to pick him up from school. Hopefully get get some well deserved rest.

Julie - I have a no cure, very rare autoimmune disease. If you have time/or would like to read here is what I am dealing with. Or just search prolapsing polychondritis. Thank you I will check it out. Never hear of it before?

Belinda, it is a big decision for you. It is my understanding, even with me and my RA and it attacking my arteries and joints, I worry about a flare up. That is when these auto immune diseases are attacking our bodies. It is a huge decision one way or the other. Yours is much more worrisome. For me I did have the virus so I survived that, I am a better position to not get the vaccine.
I have read up on the rp when you first found out.. I saw some pictures of someone's ears that had it really do a lot of damage. Praying you can make the right decision and be safe.

When I went to pick up my grandson, I put on my mask, but they did not have me even enter the building. I had to talk over a speaker and they bought out a sign out clipboard and checked my id and then sent him out to me. Things are so weird.

Good morning,

Walk, SBF D3 LB and Caroline G. D3 Stability ball Hamstring & Abs is done. My legs are still sore from Monday.

Diane - I will follow my doctors advice. I am not afraid of flair ups, I am afraid it attacking my body. The outcome isn't good since there isn't any treatment for RP. If you read/look at pictures about RP it's very scary. When I first was diagnosed I was very depressed since it's so rare. There is really very little info out there no studies has been done. I rather deal with my autoimmune being muted than destroying my body. I have multiple autoimmune diseases. I also have arthritis and hashimoto thyroid disease. I am screwed!! I also take meds for my thyroid. I hear you on RA, I hope you don't get any flair ups. People that had covid catching covid again. Have you found anything if the Pharma is liable if anything happens from the vaccine?

BBL

Reactions: WD
So far my tricep is feeling a lot better without my Fitbit on. Now I'm not sure that's the reason - maybe it is just all in my mind that that is what is causing my issues, but I have to say, I am feeling much better. Even my upper back and shoulder, it is actually quite strange. When I wash my hair my left tricep used to hurt so bad I couldn't keep washing my hair, I'd have to stop and just use my right arm. I washed my hair last night and realized I wasn't having that issue. We'll see, time will tell. I do have to say it is so nice not to be a slave to the Fitbit. I miss seeing what I burn during a workout and seeing how many steps I've done, but I didn't realize how much of a slave I am to that thing. I felt free yesterday and today not wearing it. It's hard to explain. I'm not even sure I will go back to it if that isn't what's causing my issues. Also, back in the day when FB wasn't even a thought, how did we all track our burned caloires? Anyone remember? I've been looking on Amazon for just a watch - and maybe even a wind up one - just so I know what time it is. I hate not knowing what time it is.

This morning I did RAW Intervals #1 and had a great workout. Ionly had a half hour to workout because I had to be to work early due to setting up for a PD training so this one fit the bill. Loved it, and not sure i've ever done it before? I think I have.

Everything was 30 seconds doing two sets of each:

Step cardio
Squats/Overhead Press: 8's
Step Boxing Moves
Uppercuts/Hammer Curls: 8's (uppercuts with 8's was hard)
Football Drills - fast feet
Step Cardio
Reverse Lunge off Step/Lateral Raise: 8's
Step Boxing Moves
Bunny Hop/Front Raise: 8's
Pendulums
Floor Cardio
Standing Waist w/Dumbbells (boxing moves): 8's
Step Boxing Moves
Floor Cardio
Dead Bug: 5's
Turkey Situp: 5#
Double Leg Lifts

Fun stuff!

Belinda - I will keep you in my prayers about your RA issues. That is some scary stuff and the vaccination decision doesn't help. I had a Fitbit, that is what I stopped wearing. It does way more than steps - it shoots EMF signals into your body to track everything - heart rate, sleeping patterns, steps, calories. I've been told by my holistic doctor that it may be the cause of my muscle issues on the left side of my body. That is where all my pain is all the time. So I stopped wearing it to see if it helps. It is helping so far. :)

Jolie - I am with you, I never had this kind of ongoing pain when we weren't wearing Fitbits. I think I'm done with that technology. It's cool, but is it worth pain? I feel free without is as well, it's nice not worrying about how many steps I'm at during the day. The only thing I miss is knowing my calorie burns when working out and seeing where my HR is. Glad your dog is doing better. :) Great job with your 2 hour walk! Wish I could come walk with you.

Diane - I'm wondering if you should try not wearing your Garmin for a few days, see if you notice a difference. I know it's hard to part with those things, but I'm glad I did it. Not sure I want to go back to it now. I just miss knowing what my calorie burn and HR is during a workout. Not sure what we did before our smart watches? How did we figure out calorie burns, do you remember? I agree about the supplement use, I think it is also good to take breaks. And yes, I was very frustrated with the wait time at the doctors place. They never used to be like that, not sure what is going on? Nice job on your workouts. I'm on the fence about Chris's kickboxing workouts. I like Kelly's better.

Well, gotta get back to work. I'll chat with you all later!

Today is a rest day, I had a poor nights sleep and this will be rest day #1 for the week. The damn coyotes were howling so bad last night, I just could not get back to sleep after they would wake me up.

Debbie, I only use my FB for my workout, I take it off right when I am done and don't put it on till the next workout. I became obsessed with it a few years back so I stopped wearing it all day long. I did gain weight since I made that decision but whatever, with the walks that I am doing again, I know for a fact that I am getting in enough steps for the day. I am not even wearing it for my weight workouts because the calorie burns are so low anyway. Just like blue tooth ear buds, they give you radiation. I use the ones with the cords still that connect to the phone. Technology sometimes is the enemy even though it makes our lives easier.

Belinda, nice job with the workout today. I don't think the Colostrum will fix your problem, it will boost your immune system to help you fight off foreign pathogens.

BBL to read the posts for the day.

Today I woke up so stiff and sore. I guess the bands and kickboxing did their job. I feel much better now and did a bit lighter workout. No strength work today. I did CDorner Step Aerobics basic intermediate #140 that she did live this morning. It was simple and I got a good workout out of it. Kind of fuzzy though. She is still having problems and said she was going to be only doing it on facebook and would let people know when she does it. I gather she is paying to be able to stream to 2 sources. She said she is not paying anymore. Whatever that means. I don't use facebook anymore so no problem here. The music seemed a bit off as well. Still a good workout. 50 minutes, heart rate 136/165, 258 calories, 4,375 steps. I think it says it started at 12 which is 11 for me. I also did 30 minutes moving cardio mobility, 91/108 heart rate, 65 calories, 287 steps. Total time today was 80 minutes, 323 calories, 4,662 steps. I think I need the vacation time rest. My body battery was only charged to 50 this morning even though I had almost 8 hours of sleep. Now after the workout and morning activity it is down to 15. It suggests resting and even a nap. I did not get much sleep the last couple of days and was busy. Stress levels etc affect it. I found the Coffeyfit app on Roku and got it. I will have to probably go log into it on the tv I would be using the roku on. It will be better than trying to set up with the all in on computer that is in that room.

Belinda, I get emails from someone that I had checked out for low histamine diet info that has hashimoto. I wonder if your vegan diet is helping that. It seems it would lower inflammation. Although she puts a histamine tolerance name to it. Foods need to be freshly cooked and not left sit out for any length of time. They all seem to put zucchini as a food to avoid during those seasons like allergy seasons of flares. I don't know that I have noticed a problem. My allergies never go away. Yes the pictures of RP are scary when it has really attacked some of the people. I have not found anything yet on being able to do something if the vaccine goes wrong. I know lots of people that have been okay with the vaccine. I think the second mederma made my daughter not feel well for a bit. I know of someone that had the covid virus and it was really bad, then they got the vaccine which made them sick, but got through that. They got covid again, but everything was not as bad that time. It is tricky as some people have a better immune system to the virus than others. Wish there was a way to analyze that.

Debbie, it is weird about the watch and your tricep feeling better. Makes me wonder. I have had a variety of fitness watches over the years. I do remember doing workouts when my children were still at home without a watch. I just worked out hard and probably went to the kitchen and made a new batch of cookies:p I remember my treadmill giving me calorie burns and I would get on that thing and go for 8-10 miles then do a weight workout or a step workout. No watch though. The first watches did not hook up to wifi and do so much though. I really do use mine a lot for monitoring Sp02 and sleeping. Garmin also does respiration. It is also nice to get my messages and know when I have phone calls on my watch when my cell is not close by. I guess I am kind of hooked on my watch. Both shoulders are kind of sore today, but I think it was from all of the boxing I have done this week. I think I like Chris's kickboxing best when it is combined with other stuff. The one I switched to I had done before and kind of liked. Kelly needs to put more kicking in her workouts though. She does sometimes, but then since they got on the egg weight kick, she seems to keep putting that in to workouts. My husband has purchased two Samsung Gear watches and only uses them as a watch. The last one he got so he could use it as a phone substitute and it had it's own phone number. We finally dropped that though because we had to pay an extra fee to use it as wifi away from home. It did help once when he forgot his cell phone. He was able to let me know so I could direct calls to his watch. I will be interested to see if all of that pain clears completely up and stays gone. I wonder if there is something about that study online somewhere.
Nice work today. Another good one of Kelly's.

Jolie, it sounds like you are ready for a rest day, enjoy. I remember someone's website that swore by colostrum. I had purchased some of their other products. For some reason I think it was linked to the Cave Man doctor who does not have that site anymore. That would be Colin Champ who works with oncology and cancer research. I used to listen to some podcasts with some of these when I would walk on the tread climber and treadmill. I had forgotten about using that. Chris Kressor suggests Acetyl L Glutathione for RA I have went to using that along with other suggestions on his list. Interesting on the radiation. Never thought much about it, but they are always talking about cell phones and stuff.

Speaking of health things, my daughter texted me to tell me that she was talking to another doctor that she says is some sort of health guru lol and he says to avoid micro algae, echinacea, and alfalfa because they can trigger auto immune disease. Odd, as I had started to wonder because when I was using all of those greens powders and drinks and I even took spirulina capsules for awhile, I was starting to have even worse allergy issues and they did not make me feel well. Other than the greens seemed to help acid reflux. Go figure. Actually now that I looked after talking to her, there is spirulina in my garden of life zinc and my matcha green tea shake mix.

Last edited:
I have been searching the watch and pain issue. I find multiples on wrist pain and tingling numbness which smart watch companies are mainly saying the watch is probably too tight. Then people saying they loosened their watch and no help.
I found 1 non bias article about emf's and Fitbit also check out the link for tinfoil emf . FitBit EMF Radiation - Everything You Need To Know - EMF Academy
It is a lot of time will tell, but companies are not necessarily truthful on radiation emission. Anyway, this was interesting.

This morning I did CL 341 Lots of Legs. It was a good lower body workout. Lots of hamstring roll-ins on the ball though.

This morning I did CDorner's Step Aerobics and Kickboxing Interval Workout and loved it. Had a really great workout, this one was fun but tough. My legs burned with some of her kicking and knee segments.

This workout was 43 minutes and I figured from past workouts for this time that I burned aroud 250 calories.

Jolie - I don't think I will gain weight not wearing my FB. I am very active and still walk frequently at my office. I have to or my shoulders just ache. But I know what you mean. I know I get at least 10K steps when I'm wearing my FB, now I'm not so sure. I wish they just sold a watch that includes step count but didn't have the EMF signals in them. I've been searching but no luck so far. All watches I've seen connect to bluetooth, yadda yadda yadda. For now I just don't want to do that.

Diane - Do you mean Chris isn't going to put workouts on Youtube anymore? I hope that isn't what you meant. But I guess there are enough of her workouts there that I can just go back to. I seen one scheduled for today, though, so I doubt she will get rid of the Youtube option. Maybe you should take a few rest days and just relax, sometimes we need that. I have no aversion to resting anymore. I do what my body tells me to do. You seriously ran 8-10 miles on your treadmill? Holy moly! I was happy when I reached 4 miles, that was a feat for me. How on earth did you run that much? I never knew that. I really miss running on my treadmill, I might try it again if my body heals up and I feel 100% again. Believe it or not, I am feeling better. Even my brain feels clearer. Weird. We shall see... And I agree, Kelly needs to add more legs with her kickboxing. She's missing the "kick" part of Kickboxing. LOL!!! I will check out that link, thanks for doing that research!

Great workouts to Roselyn, Doreen and Belinda! Hope you are all well today.

Have a great day everyone! I've been toying around with applying for a position at a place I used to work over 22 years ago. I loved working there and I am just worried about the education business right now with mandating the vaccine. I know it's coming. I may apply and see where it lead.

This morning I did 329 Boxing Hiit express. It was a pretty standard Cathe boxing workout - some quick easy combos, some cardio blasts. No kicking. Then I took the pup for a quick little bike ride down the trail by our house we like to do. Its probably just shy of a mile but a good distance for him to run a bit and practice being by the bike.

4 US Marines were just killed at the Kabul Airport!!!!! WTF!!! This President needs to step down, he is incompetent and is unable to run this country. Kamala is worse!!!

Today I did Cathe's Pyramid Upper Body workout and had the best workout!!!!! I love her older workouts compared to her newer ones, I hate metabolic workouts, I always get hurt. I did the same weights as Cathe except for the Biceps, I was down on those because I am weak. However, I am sure I could have done what Cathe did once I was finished. I did not wear my FT. I did my own core and AB workout because I dont like the one she has on this dvd with the stability ball. I finished with my Karate Kicks, front kicks, back kicks and side kicks. I want to start kick boxing again so I am just adding a few things to my workouts so when I do the workouts I am ready. Also, I did 100 Body weight squats at the end.

Diane, You can get a lot of Bovine Colostrum on Amazon, it is really helpful for acid reflux as well as Choline with Pepsin. Nice workout yesterday.

Debbie, good luck with the job interview. Is the older company in the school industry? Great workout today, I think I need to try that one if the step portion is not too difficult to pick up. Now that I have lost 20 pounds, my legs are so thin from the walking and no lifting. I need some fun workouts to tone them up. I might do an Yvette workout this week but it is getting really hot here so I may not be able to do a workout like that in the heat.

Doreen, great job on the Cathe Live workout today.

BBL to read the other posts for the day.

Today I checked CDorner workout and decided to do one that I did on Monday that was low impact kickboxing and step. I got less calories and steps this time, but I used one riser rather than 2 and was being careful about really hard punches so it is understandable. My husband is getting ready and I am packed up to leave. No workouts the next 3 days. Today was 43 minutes, 208 calories, heart rate 125/180, 3632 steps. I never have used hotel gyms. They have a nice one where we will be staying, but it and the salon services are closed due to covid. So there is that as well.

Debbie, Chris is going to keep youtube. Just not facebook. Today's workout was another older one with the puzzle mats. Music was not inspiring so I just so I switched.

Sorry, have to run.

A little story here for you, why it is so important to look into everything yourself that concerns your own body. Not all people really have your best interest at heart or may even know what is available besides drugs to help you with your health.

My dad owned a company called Roex Nutrition and I worked there for 8 years. I was in charge of the inside sales dept, it was 80% telesales and online orders, and we sold 36 million dollars worth of vitamins a year. We had very comprehensive vitamins, a lot like Life Extension. My dad did a radio show for 1 hour everyday called " the truth about nutrition" He had 8 million listeners per day. He was hit by the FTC, they said he made false calms about what nutritional supplements do to support the structure and function of the human body. The Pharmaceutical companies did not like him because his goal was to get people off drugs. The government went after him and fined him a lot of money trying to close him down. The did not succeed, however he did end up selling his company because he was 77 years old by the time we fought and settled with the government. We had to go on Capitol Hill to fight our case. The government is bad news and really do not want people to be healthy, it is the biggest money maker for them. If anyone has any questions about supplements, if I dont know I can ask him, he is a genius at it. I was just listening to his radio shows yesterday, I have a lot on cd's. Why I am saying this is, everyone has to find things out for themselves, most people in the government and the medical industry do not have a clue about supplementation and really just want all of use to rely on them for drugs. It really is a sad thing but we are all smart women on this forum and are smart enough to find out what solutions are best for us, not best for them.

Hi,

I went to DD's house waiting for a washer to get delivered. She is out of a washer/dryer for almost 2 month. We ordered one for her which was damaged. We didn't excepted the delivery. The delivery guys were very nice they are the ones pointing the damage out to us.

While I was waiting for the delivery guys, I did all my workouts. I even got a walk in, lol. They showed up right after I came to DD's condo. Talk about good timing. I did D4 Caroline Ankle weights plus SBF D4 Adv. UB abs. I didn't had ankle weights, so I did the workouts without. It was pilates/barre style.

I am too tired for personals. I just came home. I will catch up tomorrow.

I did the new CL 359 Pumped up Lower Body. It's a good Cathe lower body - nothing weird. Just lunges, squats and deadlift variations in rounds that are repeated once. The cardio "splash" is only done once at the start of each new round.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.