Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for August 2021

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw RIpped and Ride January 2020 using the tread climber and light weights that they used at 5 and 10# dumbbells. I subbed other moves for overhead and lateral raise to pec dec move hurt my shoulder so I did biceps. This was 35 minutes, heart rate 131/158, 181 calories, 2,116 steps. I then did CDorner Cardio Kickboxing dance mish mosh, 32 minutes, heart rate 146/172, 196 calories, 3,643 steps. I also did CDorner 20 minutes quick mobility, 86/208 40 calories. This one does some foot focus that I always forget I get toe cramps doing. Total time 87 minutes, 417 calories, 5,759 steps.

Belinda, great workout today. I kind of thought the loop band workout would be pretty much the usual moves. I still want to get it, but without the bands since I already have a set of them I got the download loaded last night for the Boss Band Total Body. I only have a rubber longer band so will probably wait since my dvd comes tomorrow with the bands for that one. I kind of looked at the moves last night and I think that I will like it. Odd that you did not have a heads up to put on the band.
That is wonderful that people are noticing your weight loss.

Debbie, what a great fitness report. I am sorry that you are back to having those knots. Mine try to come back once in awhile. I am getting better at getting up and moving, going outside and lots of stretching and rolling. I had a bit of a knot this afternoon and was kind of wishing I had done something more for upper back. My legs and hips needed it though after yesterday's lower body. I have been enjoying CDorner and Raw too and end up leaving out other workouts because they are so much fun. I agree on not being able to go through all of this another 3 years. I think somewhere many of us are going to have stand our ground and go through some tough times. Praying we don't have to though. They were talking again about the guy with the liver transplant and they showed another guy in the same situation that has children at home and will probably not make it another 6 months without a transplant for lungs or heart or something. They won't do it without a vaccine. How crazy when he has breathing issues.

Doreen, I thought it was odd that I did that step workout when she filmed on Saturday and then it shows up again and the workouts are kind of out of the order she has them on her website and no Interval workout. I guess things must not be going well with youtube etc.. She did say when I did that step workout before it was up that it was not live when I did it and she would not be able to answer questions. It always seemed weird as each of our children moved out on their own even if temporary.

I did CL upper body this morning. Not a great cardio burn but a good upper body pump.

I'm so frustrated with Dell right now. We bought our son a new laptop this summer for school. The LCD screen had issues and we have been on the phone with Dell support constantly and they still can't get it fixed. And now he's trying to deal with this while at school and I have to keep trying to coordinate conference calls so he can run their diagnostics on the laptop since I no longer have it.

Reactions: WD
Hi everyone,

I walked this morning and I did Cathe's new Boss Bands Total Body workout. I see myself using this one a lot. Really liked it. Nothing new really. I love band workouts and really like the new long bands. Cathe doubled up bands on the biceps (she used blue and green), I only used the blue (heavy) one. The bands are not as tough as I bought from Amazon awhile ago. You use the all 3 bands from start to finished. The stretch was really good. Glad I bought the bands and loops. Although I have a ton already. Love the color.

Diane - don't give me wrong. The lower body loop workout was very good. Wished I had Cathe bands before I did the workout. I think you like the workouts and the bands. You did buy the bands too, right? I was surprised my Orthopedist noticed my weightless and wanted to know what I did to lose the weight.

Doreen - hope you can figure the computer situation for your son out. I know it's a pain in the @#$.

Yesterday was my rest day, I had a foot doctor appointment and I had to get my blood work done. My feet are what they are and he said that I am doing everything right and using my infrared light is really helping with the inflammation and pain. I got my blood work done and my results came in this morning. Everything came out great except my Cholesterol, it was a tad bit high but I did not FAST so that probably made it a little high. It was down over 10 points from 2 years ago and my good Cholesterol is ok too.

Today's workout was a 2 hour walk uphill on my TM, it is raining again today!!! I really wanted to walk outside but it just wouldn't stop raining and so I had to workout in my gym. I was watching the news on Afghanistan and I couldn't believe how fast the time went by. I cant believe what is happening, my nephew fought in the war and he is just sick over this. Anyway, I walked 2 hours, traveled 6.1 miles, heart rate was 125/182 and I burned 1,021 calories. I feel great today.

You all had great workouts yesterday!

Debbie, funny that we both got our blood done on the same day. I am glad that yours came back good too.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

Today I did CDorner Fun Step Workout from this morning, 74 minutes(64 actual as I started moving because she was talking and had to pause a couple of times), 300 calories, 5,107 steps. I got the Boss Band s and Total Body workout before I was finished so did the Core Focus timesaver #5 23 minutes, 84 calories, heart rate 109/138, 376 steps. This really hit a bit of most of the body which she says most of it is core as well, and she adds like 3 core moves to the end which were on the floor. I liked what I did. She does show a sub if you have should problems so that was good. I finished with doing the CDorner upper back portion of hips and upper back foam roller since I did not do that one yesterday.

Doreen, I m sorry you are having to get help without the computer there. It is bad enough having to work on it when you have it with you. We had problems with my husbands top of the line Samsung that was upgraded to a gaming computer. He does not do gaming though. Odd that we have to go through the people that upgraded it to deal with the warranty stuff. Also it updated and for awhile he had no mouse working. I had to buy an external mouse till it finally updated to a point where it worked again.
That has to be really frustrating.
Nice that you got a good pump with the CL upper body workout.

Belinda, I think I will really like the Total Body Boss Band workout, after viewing and doing some of it today. I only purchased the Total Body with the long bands. I have a set already of the fabric loop bands, so may go ahead and purchase the lower body workout. I bought a set of the loop bands awhile back for CDorner workouts. She does use the fabric bands quite a lot in her strength workouts. Maybe Cathe will do some on the live workouts with the longer bands.

Jolie, I always try to get appointments early and fast when I know I will be doing blood work even if they do not tell me too. You are probably right. I also avoid caffeine and vitamins before I get bloodwork. Some supplements can alter the results, but not be something bad. Nice that your blood work came back really good. Mine was good as far as blood pressure and cholesterol the last two times. The inflammation results C reactive protein was up though. That was when I was having pain in the shoulder, so I know that is why. It was up to 20 in July when it was 6 in January. I was reading up on the stuff in the Zhou Ashwagandha supplement I recently purchased and Ashwagandha may reduce C reactive protein. This supplement had some Immune support stuff and calming stuff for stress in in it as well.
Great work on the run. It is so hot outside here today. I went out to trim some roses and water my basil and other potted plants as they looked wilty. I am afraid the way they pulled out and left things they are jeopardizing out people that are needing to get out and other countries that have people in there are going to hate us. The other countries are going in and getting there people. And they left our arms and stuff there to those terrorists. This was definitely not planned out. My heart goes out to the people stuck there with that. It was sad seeing the videos of those people trying to hang on to the plane to get out of there.

Hi,

Today we walked outside. Alesia is here to submit her video for her yoga certification. DH and I were her students, lol.

Diane, I think you like the long bands. I probably have the bands/loops in every color, lol. I like Cathe's new loops/bands.

BTW, I have my Rheumatologist appointment tomorrow. I will discuss the covid vaccine with him tomorrow. All this is scaring me. If it's safe for me to take I will take the vaccine.

I will check in later in the evening.

Good night.

Today I did CDorner Mobility Stretch for tight and sore muscles. That is it for now.

Belinda, I have read so much and they encourage getting the vaccine even with auto immune disease, but then they turn around on CDC saying not enough study has been done yet and we should be aware of that. Also most say with immune problems they usually recommend a 3rd dose of vaccine. I also read that you should probably still wear the mask and keep protecting yourself.
I am sure you have looked too. COVID-19 Vaccines for People with Underlying Medical Conditions | CDC I had the virus though and should have enough antibodies that even if I were to get it again it should be milder. I know you are worried and with good reason. My trust is still not there. Too many people are getting the vaccine and still getting the virus. I know of someone that had the virus and was very ill. They got the vaccine after that and still got the virus again. Although the next case was not as bad. CDC seems to think that we are more at risk with our auto immune issues and would be better off with taking the chance with the vaccine. Somehow I doubt many doctors are going to go against what they say. Still we should make the decision for ourselves and not be forced. I hope you get an idea of what you should do personally.
I do enjoy all of the colorful bands and workout equipment that I have :) Funny, when I got the loop bands I wondered why anyone would want the pack with grey and black. I got the pink, green, and purple ones. I got my pilates ball in pink. I guess maybe a guy might not care so much for color LOL. I had to order a new blow dryer this morning so I would get it quick. Mine started making an awful noise this morning. I ordered and Amica one since I always like my Amica flat irons. My husband said I would always be able to find it as it looks like a 60's color pattern. My old one was a limited edition T3, but boy those cost a lot now. How fun that you and your husband were Alesia's students today. I hope it all goes well for her.

Today I decided to do a heavy bag workout and I hope I don't regret doing it. It's sad that I have to keep saying that after each workout I do. Geez... Anyways, I did RAW Heavy Bag & Cardio, love this one. I've done it many times and it is just such a great workout. I really felt it in my shoulders since I haven't used the bag much at all in the past probably 6 month. My neck got a little tight but I stretched good at the end.

Workout was 50 minutes, burned 229 calories, did 4000 steps and HR was 100/150. Weird because every time I looked at the damn thing it said I was at 96 bpm. I had the watch higher on my arm since I was wearing my boxing gloves so I thought that might be why. Was surprised to see it got me at 150.

I'm home from work today because I have to get a wisdom tooth out at 11 and then I have a follow up appointment for my thermagraphy this afternoon. Fun day. LOL!

Diane - Did you see the crowd in Alabama Saturday for the Trump rally? Yea, he lost the election. Have you ever see that many people in front of Biden when he talks. LMAO. Like 20 maybe. That crowd in AL was amazing. Make me happy to see him rally again.

Doreen - So sorry to hear about your computer issues, that is ridiculous. Any way you can return the computer and get another one? I'm sure there are reasons you can't that Dell has in place. Ridiculous. Hope you get it worked out.

Belinda - So we had a cookout yesterday at my brother-in-laws and he made these burgers on a skillet type grill which does not release any grease. OMG. Stupid me didn't make anything for myself and had a small hamburger. I could only eat half of it because the grease was making me literally want to gag. I ended up throwing a good portion of it away and just eating pretzels. Yeah, I paid for that this morning. Yikes. Can't believe how crappy I feel anymore when I eat meat. It will be a long time before I do that again. Not worth it. I'm making Thai Sweet Potato Soup and Ratatouille Bruschetta for my lunch and snack this week. The bruschetta turned out awesome, love it. Can't wait to make the soup when I get back from the dentist. What are you making this week? Great job with the Boss Band workout, glad you liked it! I won't comment one way or the other on the vaccine, that is a personal choice. I have a feeling once it's FDA approved, none of us will have the choice anymore. :(

Jolie - I can relate with your feet issues. Same. It is what it is I suppose. Tired of mine hurting all the time but I guess we just have to live with it. Great job on your 2 hr. hilly walk. I don't know how you do it. That is an excellent workout.

Have a great day everyone. Gotta get to the dentist. I hope I'll be able to workout tomorrow, sometimes they say not to. :( Oh well...

This morning I did Total Body Loops. I think it was a good workout but I was distracted trying to keep my puppy from biting them I missed several reps in several sections. I need to get something for my dog to do while I workout!!

Good morning,

Walk outside + SBF started a new challenge "Be Supportive Of You Challenge" D1 Lower Body Fire Class = 26 min plus Caroline G. Pure endure Day - D1 1000 REP Lower Body Challenge - Leg & Glutes Workout = 49 min is done. Legs are shaking! I don't know how Caroline lifts so heavy doing high reps. I was shaking using.

Diane - I am not letting anyone pressure me into anything. Things did change/they know more since the last time I saw my doctor. The Pfizer vaccine will be FDA approved as soon as today.

Debbie - I probably would trow up eating meat at this point. I haven't looked at this weeks meal planner. I will check out the recipes you just mention. Sounds wonderful. I agree with you on the vaccine. I am just going to listen what data they have with my condition. I know my disease is rare. There has to be one person with RP already have taking the vaccine. We shall see!

I have to get ready for my appointment. BBL!

No workout yesterday, It was a bad day. Saturday night my dog jumped off my bed because he smelled a coyote and tore his ACL in his rear left knee. Jeez, can I get a break!!! I was at the animal hospital with him yesterday and there was some good news. The tumor under his tongue is growing and it is hard for him to eat and drink. They took an Xray on his chest at the same time the x-ray his knee and the supposed cancer has not spread that they can see. I think will will have them remove the tumor so he can eat and drink better. It may grow back it may not. The problem is upsetting cancer cells and then it can spread. However, he wont be able to live long if he cannot eat and drink either. I want to make him comfortable for the remainder of his life. I am NOT doing surgery for the acl, I am getting him a knee brace instead. He is too old to go through a surgery and to rehab it at his age. He cannot stand on that hind leg. What a day. I am off to figure out what I am doing for weights today, I think 4 day split Chest and Back because I didnt get it done yesterday. BBL with my workout post.

Today I did Cathe's 4 Day Split, Chest and Back, then I ended with Cathe's High Reps AB workout, I had a great workout but it was a little easy. The 4 Day workouts are not a lot of reps or exercises so it seems easy. However, High Reps core workout is a killer but she does exercises that do not hurt my back. The heaviest DB I used for 1 Arm Rows and Chest Press was 20#. I am not going heavier than that to avoid injuring my back. This week I will walk and probably do some Caroline Girvan workouts or maybe Cathe's Pyramid Upper Body.

Debbie, way to go doing a boxing workout today! Hopefully you do not have any issues from the workout.

Belinda, wow on the workout today, you killed it!!!

Doreen, I am glad you liked the band workout today. Funny that your puppy likes to fool around with you and your equipment when you workout.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great workout today. I made a cucumber salad today that is so good I want to give you the recipe.

Cucumber, take the seeds out and slice
Add White Rice Wine Vinegar
Add Sesame Oil
Add Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
Add a minced garlic clove
Add Crunch Garlic Chili Oil or Red pepper flakes
you can add a pinch of sugar but I like it without.
Add Sesame Seeds It is so good.

This is so good and basically no calories or fat.

I hope you all have great workouts today and have a wonderful day. I have to take care of a dog like I have an infant at home. I just ordered him a knee brace off Amazon that will come thursday, all the reviews say it really helps to support the knee.

This morning I did CDorner Step Aerobics/Kickboxing Intervals Low Impact, 43 minutes, heart rate 148/181, 264 calories, 3,652 steps. When I turned on youtube she was just starting this live, so I went for it. She is trying to figure out her youtube problem and said if she disappeared she would not keep filming, but would do it next week. It worked through the whole thing though. I enjoyed it and the moves were all easy for step and the kickboxing which is alternated in 3 minute increments. I then did Boss Band Total Body skipping the warm up and superman that made my lower back start hurting. This was 46 minutes since the warm ho I skipped was 10 minutes long. Heart rate 97/128, 122 calories, 611 steps. Total time was 89 minutes, 386 calories, 4,263 steps. I liked the Total Body Band workout. Cathe is creative with using the bands. Some was difficult. I tried the two bands together for biceps curls and after a few reps went to just the heavy band for front curls. When she did hammer curls I used two. This was much more difficult than I had imagined. I did not do much of the push ups. I did some shoulder squeezes instead while on my knees for posture. Hurts my shoulder too much. A bit worried about the upright rows and upper back/shoulder work as some of it left me a bit sore. I rolled out and stretched extra afterward. Anyway, I really liked it all in all and it is much harder than I had anticipated for a band workout.

Doreen, sorry your puppy was distracting you with your workout. Mine used to do that. She would bring toys and lay them on the step or rebounder and help attack the heavy bag. She mostly leaves me alone now other than periodically she will come in and lie in my way and I have less space. Today I didn't give her her dental chew since she did not eat and she stayed in there the whole workout. Plus she wanted to get real close to get my attention. Figuring it out without saying go away is tough at times.

Belinda, that looks like quite a workout. I do not like to lift heavy and move fast. Fortunately Kelly and Chris do not seem to do that so much. I am still not trusting even if the get fda approval since they have been pretty deceitful with most things and manipulating things. Does that mean we can sue them if something is wrong with it? Not that I would want anyone to have to do that. Yes, you would think that there are a few people that have received the vaccine. Have you tried to do a search for that?

Debbie, that is another fun workout that Kelly does. It has been awhile since I have done that one. I did see the crowd in Alabama. I don't think Biden is prone to doing rallies like that. I think from what I understand they sort of pick and choose who can come to things and try to limit questions. Trump always seems to get a good crowd. You know, he doesn't leave you ready to give up on your country and feel so devastated. He gives hope in us building back up our strength as a nation. My thoughts anyway.

Jolie, I am terribly sorry for the problems you had with your dog. I am looking at a natural protocol vet which is all that we have in the city nearest our house. He does light therapy and prolotherapy. Also gives dogs a mineral supplement and works with nutrition programs. He still gives vaccines like Rabies and that sort of thing. Anyway, I am thinking about it. He uses a Blue Diamond Vet diet that he recommends. Has a cheat sheet of what to look for in dog foods. So would the cancer surgery be something mild for your dog. Poor thing, having a problem with eating and swallowing.
Good work on the 4 Day Split workout. That one might be a better one for me as far as back is concerned. Thanks for the cucumber salad recipe. I am going to save it when I am done here so I can give it a try.

Hi everyone,

Walk outside + Caroline shoulder D2 and SBF abs/stretch is done.

Yesterday I saw my rheumatologist for my 3 month check up. Before I saw my rheumatologist I saw another rheumatologist. I am trying to get off the meds completely. Both doctors highly recommend that I stay on the immunosuppressed meds long therm. They don't think I will do well given my history on other treatments. They afraid RP will attack my lungs/heart/kidney or any cartilage in my body. Relapsing polychondritis is a no cure/rare degenerative disease characterized by recurrent inflammation of the cartilage in the body. Deterioration of the cartilage may affect any site of the body where cartilage is present. I don't feel great on the meds but at least I didn't had any flair ups since I am on the meds. If I get off the meds I run the risk of my body attacking my own body again. I am in remission. DH and my kids said I should listen to my doctors. Either way I can't just stopped the meds from one day to the next.

Jolie - I am so sorry to hear about your fur baby (((HUGS))) Nice job on HR.

Diane - I have zero idea if you can sue or not, lol? I would assume this vaccine is no different than any other vaccine/meds if they make everyone to take it. I haven't seen any side effects yet except the usual things you get from a vaccine. If I get the vaccine I have to get a booster shot. I read more about the vaccine and autoimmune diseases.

BBL

So I got my wisdom tooth out yesterday with no problems and then I had a follow up for the thermagraphy and blood work. Had to do it over the phone yesterday evening because I waited in the room for 45 minutes and got fed up and left. Why do they think it's ok to make people wait on them forever? I was not happy. Anyways, Thermagraphy didn't change from last year and as far back as 2017 so I am good there. Blood work showed my B6 and B12 were dangerously high so I stopped taking my B Complex vitamin. The doctor (holistic) asked me if I had any nerve tingling in my hands or toes and I said no but that I had issues with my muscles healing. Told her the situation with my neck, shoulders and tricep not healing and how long it has been going on and she said there is no way a muscle should not be healed after that long. She said 6 weeks tops with pulled muscles. She asked me if I wore a smartwatch/fitbit/apple watch and I said yes, I wear a Fitbit. She asked me which arm is it on and I said "Wow, same arm/side all these problems are occuring." She said REMOVE THAT THING NOW! She said the frequency of whatever those things emit have been known to cause issues in muscles and nerves. She said to take it off for a few days and see how I feel. Not sure this is the problem but it's worth a try. So far today I've been fine, still feeling tightness in my triceps but it isn't hurting. We'll see. Interesting if this works but I already really miss wearing that thing. I took it off last night and woke up with no pain in my tricep. Coincidence? I guess time will tell.

So since I got my wisdom tooth out yesterday I just walked on my treadmill. Workout was 50 minutes, burned 293 calories, went 2.56 miles. I have no clue how many steps or what my HR is. That will suck if I can't wear my FB anymore. I won't know any of this information anymore. I wonder if they just sell a watch that does steps and doesn't have the frequencies the FB has? Anyone know?

Diane - I'm curious to know if your pain subsided when you got the Garmin? It still emits frequency but maybe not as agressive as the FB. What are your thoughts about what I wrote above? Nice workout yesterday, I want to do that Step/KB workout from Chris. I'll probably do it on Thursday.

Jolie - I'm so sorry to hear about your poor dog. So sad. I hope he's doing better. Nice job on your workout!!

Belinda - Did you talk to your doctor about getting the vaccine? What was their suggestion? That's a shame you can't get off those meds. I'm sorry you have to deal with all of that.

Doreen/Roselyn - Nice job on your workouts.

Have a great day everyone!

This morning CL 352 Metabolic Weights and Loops - I thought I would try the new Boss Loops with a different workout but they are a little bit tight (even the lightest) for the loop cardio she did in this one.

Debbie- yes we talked about the vaccine. My doctor want me to get the Mordera vaccine or Pfizer vaccine if I want to get vaccinated. Both are safe for autoimmune diseases. Thanks you .I am not happy about it, don’t want my body to attack heathy tissue. I also means I would have to get a boater shot. Lots to think about.

Debbie I am sorry what you are doing through. Glad you got you vitamin b tested. I believe the Fitbit only tracks your steps. I have not had one of years. I hope you feel better soon.

Today I went for a walk outside, 2 hours up and down hills, traveled 5.9 miles and burned 988 calories. My average heart rate was 139. 60% of my walk was in the PEAK range so that was a lot of cardio. I would like to keep it in the Fat Burning range but not around here, there are too many hills. It is getting hotter here again so the walks might have to start earlier in the morning again. My dog is doing good I am waiting for his knee brace to arrive on Thursday, that will help him keep his knee stable and I wont have to worry as much if he does something like jump or run around the yard. You cant keep an active dog cooped up for long and I am not sedating him like they want me too.

Debbie, nice job on the TM walk today. Fascinating stuff about the FB the stuff it throws off could be causing you pain in that side of your body. My FB is on my right wrist and that is the shoulder and arm that bothers me all of the time. Wow, could it be that what is causing us so much pain for so long. I did not have as many issues with pain years ago before we had a FB. Weird too about the B vitamin being high, I have to look at what mine was in my blood report.

Belinda, nice job on the workout and stretch today. This autoimmune thing is a crazy thing you have to deal with. I know supplementing Bovine Colostrum is a game changer for people with auto immune issues.

Diane Sue, great workout yesterday.

Roselyn, nice job on the workout yesterday.

Doreen, was that Cathe's newest workouts?

BBL to read any other posts for the day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.