Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2021

Belinda - I CANNOT believe that! OMG! The nerve of that doctor!!! My doctor had the audacity to tell me if I don't get the shot and end up getting COVID I could end up with blood clots. Ummm, huh? I think the vaccination causes the blood clots!!! I just rolled my eyes at her and said "No thank you" and that was end of that. Unreal!! I'm glad you stood your ground, it is ridiculous that we have to even justify the decision we make for our own bodies. Good for you for holding your ground!!

Debbie - I couldn't believe it either. I had a feeling about it before I went to the clinic. I even told my husband I'll bet they pushing the vaccine on me. It was like her and I arguing back and forth, lol. She had a lot of nerves! Your doctor has a lot of nerves too. The news are full of blood clots and the covid vaccine. Who in there right mind would take it? I did stood my ground. I know my body better than any doctor I have seen in 38 years in the military. I agree, it's ridiculous that we have to even justify the discussion wen make for our own Bodie. I am so tired people like fitness instructors/media and the news pushing for an experimental vaccine nobody had a clue what it will do in the long run. Nobody ever posted pictures of themselves I got vaccinated after they received the flu shots. I have way to many problems with 2 autoimmune diseases plus arthritis I really don't want to add another one to the list. I forgot they said if I get another flair up/or whatever accuses they would treat it, lol.
Belinda I agree with you it is your body!!

I did a Caroline Girvana kettlebell leg workout

I think these doctors forget I am not in the military. I am a military spouse. For 32 years they told my what to do regarding taking very shot there is out there. My husband was deployed in so many wars through his 32 years in the military including the Golf War, all these soldiers having health problems. My Rheumatologist is an Army doctor a sharp one on top, he never pressured me into anything. He is the one that diagnose me with RP at Walther Reed, I really like him as a doctor. His boss is a different story.

Belinda, you handled that situation with your doctor incredibly well!!! Kudos to you my friend! I hope your husbands surgery went well.

No workout today, it is my rest day and so will Friday, I will be getting up at 4am to take my hubby to the airport, he is visiting my son for the Spring Football Game and then he will be driving home with him for his 3 week summer vacation before football starts again.

Debbie, don't you just miss being muscle sore!!! I love DOMS. Nice cardio workout today. I am NOT getting that stupid Covid vaccine not matter what. It is dying off already that is why so many states are opening back up again.

Doreen, nice workout today.

Roselyn, great job on the KB workout!

Diane Sue, I get the unflavored Whey Protein Isolate and concentrate mix because one is slow digesting and one if faster digesting. I also like getting it with minerals in it, though I love my Mineral Magic. I hope you have a nice workout today.

Have a wonderful day.

Reactions: WD
Today I did CDorner Fast Step Aerobics JT/Brittany music 60 minutes, 302 calories, 5,897 steps. I also did CDorner full body stretch, 22 minutes, 31 calories, 77/91 heart rate, 50 steps. Total time 81 minutes, 333 calories, 5,947 steps. I really did not care for the music. Come to think of it I think I only used one Justin Timberlake song that I had with a workout music I had recorded at one time to do with my own work out. I never purchased or downloaded a Brittany music piece. The workout was fun though.
I will probably try to do a total body weight workout tomorrow. I checked out the CDorner Upper and cardio interval workout that she just did, but decided no on it. It starts out with push ups to side planks and there are burpees in it. It would hit the shoulders a lot wit pullovers and overhead press or front raise. No arms alone moves.
Maybe the Raw workout that was recently put up or a couple of them put together. I feel safer with Kelly's upper body. I was looking at my Garmin app and history and I have been doing a lot of cardio and stretching with a day or two of strength slipped in each week. I am just making sure I do not feel any discomfort before I do another strength workout. I do not want pain. It is not worth it.

Belinda, that makes me angry that they are pushing you like that. It makes me mad that they are pushing for children to get it. A lot probably have immunity. Safety is a factor. It is NOT safe for everyone. I have been reading as well. Also the suggestion was that with RA and immune diseases, the vaccine may cause a flare, but the consequences of not getting the vaccine outweighs that!! Stupid!! Also the suggestion is that if you are on steroids or anything like that, they should be stopped prior to the vaccine. I saw they are talking about pushing all military to be required to get the vaccine. I have been approached several times asking if I want to reserve my spot for the vaccine. I keep saying no. My Arthritis and heart doctor have not said anything to me about getting the vaccine. Granted, I have already had the virus. I want them to leave me alone. Why are they so persistent that every person get that stupid vaccine. I have never seen them push a vaccine on people like they are, and one that they cannot answer all of the questions about. GRRR!! Try not to stress over it, that is not good for you either. I guess using doctors that are more beholden to the government will make it much harder as they will push. They are paid to push the agenda. Praying for healing for your husband and that the new shots in your knees will help.

Oh, and I still have to wonder if that man that is tearing down our country and his cohorts that were dogging president Trump and saying they would not get the vaccine, really got it. Why is he still running around wearing and pushing masks and basically hiding. Well, we kind of know as agendas tell a lot.

Debbie, when I tried vegetarian, I ate eggs. I think initially I felt great and I was enjoying new food groups, made my own Tempeh from organic soybeans. I had purchased cookbooks and did a lot of research. After awhile though I seemed to be losing some muscle mass even though I was working hard and doing STS and Body Beast, then hit P90X2. I injured my knee around that time too and had the knee Torn miniscus surgery and had to slow down the workouts. That is when I switched to Paleo, which I find there are so many variations on it, but a good paleo plan is mostly vegetables. It took me awhile with that one. I got off some as some proponents were using a lot of coconut oil, ghee, grassfed butter, bacon in dishes, and making paleo desserts which does not work well for obvious reasons. I had to rein it in. Anyway, I hope you find it works well for you. I think really in the long run, we get stuck in ruts and maybe switching nutrition plans helps us get missing nutrients.
You probably would not want to look at my diet right now because it is awful a lot of the time. I am going to work on that. Maybe if I did not have so much going on, I would have time to prepare meals like I used to do before this pandemic fiasco.
I was really planning on doing a Cathe cardio today, but when I turned on the TV there was still CDorner on and I decided on doing another of hers. I find I get a lot of steps with Chris's work outs.
My daughter told me to take baby aspirin while I had the virus. I told her almost every extra supplement I take is supposed to be blood thinners. I am one of those people that gets a cut and it is hard to stop the bleeding. Also to keep track of the Sp02 and if it went below a certain point I needed to go to the hospital because of chance of blood clot. A lot of the ones that I have heard die from vaccine and virus has been from blood clots. Oh, and she said not to lie around, to get up and move often. Well that is pretty easy for me. It is really taking a chance when a person has health issues of any kind.

Doreen, I thought I would see how much the bands cost. They have fabric bands on Amazon. CDorner uses some in her workouts. I don't know what those long bands are made of that Cathe is using though. I have a sling shot that is made out of something that is like a bungie cord with a belt that I used for some Bosu workouts. Not a loop though. My grandson hooked one belt to the spin bike and ran against the other end with a belt held to him. I set him up after he broke my tubing, figuring he would not break the Sling Shot.

Roselyn, nice work on Carolyn Givan Kettlebell.

Jolie, enjoy your rest day. I have used Isopure Keto protein powder because it does contain zinc, and some other vitamins and minerals. I don't know how it is processed though and the efficacy of it otherwise. I used to buy the casein protein for bed time. I am having a hard time keeping the protein powder in stock. Husband is doing Keto and I am making him shakes, and my 13 year old granddaughter loves the protein balls so I keep them for her, and I use some twice a day along with my other meals.

Good EveNing,

I went for a walk tonight the weather is weird I was hot and cold at the same time. The 75 day challenge isn’t working out for me I have devoured a lot of chocolate this week and my water intake is horrible I have to start dialing it in. DH and I got vaccinated for the grandkids because we both work around people.

Debbie-sorry about disappearing work has become a mess again, I just don’t understand where young kids are getting there work ethics they are so unreliable. have tried two new foundations one from MILK cosmetics that’s a stick foundation and Rare Beauty a SelenaGomez product and I don’t like either one they settle into my lines around my mouth an turn white. I also got Hanging In Hawaii by BH cosmetics.

Belinda-I am glad you and the doctor came to an understanding

Jolie-you do have some weird politicians out there.

Diane-your family keeps you hopping

Jolie - thank you! I thought I handled myself pretty well too. Great job today. I am getting ready to pick DH up from his surgery.

Diane - trust me, it made me very angry. I hate when people push like that. I do believe a lot have immunity or keeping themselves safe. I for one, I wear 3 mask plus a face shield when I go grocery shopping. I sanitize my hands constantly. Everything that comes into my house gets quarantined (no joke) and wiped down. I take a shower after each trip to the store/or public places, wash those clothes separated from my others in hot water. I do keep social distance more than 6 feet, lol. I haven't caught covid not even when I was hospitalized a few month ago. Thanks for your kind world. I try not to stress. In Germany they are reporting lots of blood almost daily. They also reporting heart problems especially in woman. On VF lots of people reporting having problems after the shots even weeks later. No way I want that stuff in my body.

DH got his knee surgery this morning, he is already home. I just picked him up. The dive to the hospital was over 1.5 hours one way. I am tired of all that driving lately. I did managed to go for a walk with my kids/DIL and my DD's dog this afternoon. We went almost 3 miles.

I will go to bed early today. Good night.

This morning I walked on my treadmill on an incline of 5% and just wanted to get some movement and steps in before I did one of Chris's mobility workouts.

Treadmill workout was 25 minutes, burned 150 calories, went 1.21 miles, did 2976 steps and HR was109/135.

I did CDorner's 20 Minute Full Body Stretch (Deep stretch) workout posted on April 27, it was really good. Did a lot of upper back stretches and then she did some hip stretches. I really enjoyed it.

Roselyn & Doreen - Nice job with your workouts!

Jolie - Yes, I miss muscle soreness, although sometimes my soreness goes on and on. LOL!! I'm not convinced Covid is dying off yet, but at least the numbers are gong down. I found out yesterday my step-daughter and her three kids now have it. She has pneumonia as well. So it's still real here in Ohio. But we are seeing some of the mandates being dropped so that is a good sign. Be careful with your protein powders if you are using any. Most all of them have lead and mercury in them which is just unbelievable. There is a website that tells you if certain ones have these heavy metals in them but I can't remember the name.

Diane - I think you did the same full body stretch I did, her most recent one I think. It was good, I really liked it. What did you think? I just wish she'd quit talking and laughing through the stretching workouts, it's better to be quiet and calm when doing these types of workouts. Oh well. I commented on a couple of her workouts and she responded back to me. Where does she have the time to respond to everyone on her channel? She is pretty cool. Did you hear they raided Rudy G.'s house? What on earth is going on? John Kerry released secret information to Iran or one of those countries and no one will say a word to him.

Roxie - I recently purchased Sephora's new foundation called Best Skin Ever and love it. It doesn't settle in wrinkles, goes on very smoothly and lasts all day. It goes on best with a foundation brush. Also, did you ever try the L'Oreal Age Perfect Foundation? That is still my holy grail.

Belinda - I hope your DH is doing well. Knee surgery is no fun (at least that's what I hear!)

Have a great day everyone!!

Debbie-I have been unable to find that one. We had 34 new cases of the virus in the last 2 days so its far from over and I believe they are opening to quick

I slept horrible last night, not sure why besides for the fact that it was hot out and I woke up over heated and thirsty. I walked for 2 miles on the TM uphill at a slower pace just to get something in today. I did not wear my FB because I forgot to charge it last night.

Running late to an appointment so I have no time to read your post right now. I hope you all have great workouts today! BBL to read the posts for the day.

I started a CDoerner Leg Tabata this morning but then didn't feel like finished it so I popped in S&S Bootcamp and did about 3 rounds of that.

Roselyn - I am! Just trying to decide if I want the downloads with the DVDs or not!!

Roxie - so far I have had one shot. Needed to do so because I attend a lot of volleyball with large crowds for my daughter and have a lot of meetings with elderly clients. Would like my son to get it before he heads to school in the fall as he will be living in the dorms. He's quite resistant through. My daughter is too young - only 15 so she would have to wait.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Strength 1 (cardiovascular acceleration), 33 minutes, heart rate 102/152, 104 calories, 970 steps. I then did Raw glute finisher with the loop band 23 minutes, 59 calories, heart rate 91/112, 310 steps. I wanted some cardio and put on CDorner Cardio Core from today and did only 13 minutes of it and stopped as it did not seem like cardio at all and was basically balancing moves and plank work, heart rate was 108/141, 96 steps, 51 calories. I finished with Cathe Perfect 30 Mobility Basics stretch timesaver, 20 minutes, 32 calories, 33 steps, heart rate 80/95. Total time was 88 minutes, 241 calories, 1,409 steps.

Debbie, that was the stretch same stretch that I did. She does well on the stretches. I like it when she talks fitness related stuff. Since I don't know the people she is talking to it kind of takes away from listening to it. I don't get the jokes. I am sure if we were involved we would have fun with it I guess. I really don't care about what alcoholic beverages they are drinking or underwear being drug out all of the time by a pet though. I think I would be bored if she didn't talk some though. If I redid the workouts it would get old though. I heard about Rudy G's house. They are going after every person that might hurt their agenda. Even if it is not true, they are planting that stigma on them hoping it will stick. Particularly since liberal media will help them lie. I am just sick over all of it. What can we do to stop all of it? I am glad there are those that can stand up there and speak out against their crap. And then they leave the the computer files with Hunters stuff on it. The feds don't want to touch and investigate that. It is all so wrong. They put out suspicion and even when they have nothing, it puts that blot on their character.

Roxie, the grandkids is the only reason I went and got tested for Covid when I started running a slight fever and knew I had been around someone that had tested positive. Even then the first test came back negative and I asked for the other test that I had to wait on as I knew how unreliable the quick test was. I would have just let it run it's course if I was not having the children returning to my house for virtual school.

Belinda, I have always wiped down containers and washed cans and particularly beverage cans and bottles really well. Even before the Covid virus. I wash them again before I open them. I know they say that viruses do not live that long on things, but I just feel better cleaning them. Those places have rodents and bugs crawling around in their warehouses. I have heard of people getting sick from soda cans. It is just a good practice anyway. Watermelons and pineapple are washed thoroughly. I have seen many people just cut them open. Then they have juice running out and the whole thing is rolling around in all of it. Watching people handle it in stores before made me think about how unclean produce probably is. I have not heard a lot of problems with the virus other than online and news. A couple of the older ladies from my ladies group got the vaccine. I have not heard of problems. I was surprised that the one that had to stop coming to our games was given the vaccine. She has Idiopathicthrombositispeniapurpa (sp) Her blood platelets have been way off a lot and she has to go in and get infusions. I worry about some of them. Most of them are of the mind that the body needs to build immunity and all of those vaccines are not a good idea anyway. You are so right in telling them no and taking all of the precautions that you can.
That is good that you got out for a walk after all of that driving.

Jolie, good job getting in a slow walk even though you were tired.

Doreen, I looked at the leg tabata, but it just did not seem like something I wanted to tackle today.

Roeslyn, I may get the new workouts. I was looking at the fabric bands on Amazon and price wise the workouts with the bands is a pretty good deal.

Hi everyone,

DH is home since last night. He is doing well considering he had knee surgery yesterday, he is in a lot of pain today. He is walking around with a walker, the doc wants him to move as much as he can.

My knees are still swollen from the shots I got 2 day's ago. I took it easy today, I did SBF Single Song Bounce and Stretch.

Debbie - thanks for asking! DH is doing well after this surgery. Great job today.

Diane - I am like you when it comes to cleaning/wiping down things. Like you I have always done it. Great job!

Who is buying Cathe's new workouts and band/loops? I can't decide if I want it all or just the downloads?

Good night.

Today was leg day and I was going to just do something on my own, but I checked out Chris's channel and she just put a tabata leg workout on there so I figured I'd try it. So glad I did!! OMG, what a great workout and it went by so fast. I even did the floor work (there wasn't much so it was doable for me). Very fun, it got my HR up as it was sort of a weight/cardio type workout and really liked it. It was CDorner Lower Body Tabata Workout posted on 4/28. 20 seconds on/10 seconds off. I would like to order a band like the one she used in that workout. Mine wasn't very challenging.

I didn't write the exercises down but if anyone wants to try a fun leg workout, do it!! :)

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 153 calories, did 1377 steps and HR was 92/115.

Roxie - Sorry you can't find the L'Oreal Age Perfect Foundation, that is really odd. I get it at Walgreens, they are the only drug store out this way that has it. I'm surprised Ulta doesn't sell it. If you tell me your coloring, I'll buy one for you and send it to you. :) I know you will love it. Then if you do, you can order directly from L'Oreal. Let me know.

Jolie - Sorry you didn't sleep well, that is one thing I rarely have an issue with. I sleep like the dead most nights.

Doreen - Surprised you didn't like the Tabata legs workout. I really enjoyed it.

Roselyn - I haven't even looked at the new workouts yet. I probably won't get them, though. I don't spend money on workouts anymore since there are so many to choose from online. Are you getting it?

Diane - I also like when Chris talks about fitness stuff. The underware or sock conversation had me laughing at first and then I thought, ok stop now! LOL! In the tabata leg workout she talks about her first step gig at age 16. It was interesting. I do like her and her workouts are awesome, I'll deal with the chatter. Yes, I agree with you, when will all this biased stuff agains replublicans end? Someone in congress better grow some balls soon or we are screwed. I have high hopes for Cruz, Paul and a few others but they seem to be all talk and no action - like always.

Belinda - That has to be horrible to walk on something you just had major surgery on. They made my mom do that when she had hip surgery too. It was so hard for me to watch her, she was in so much pain. Hope he gets better soon!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!

Debbie - I enjoyed it but after taking the dog out and coming back I didn't want to pick back up. I flagged it to complete later.

This morning I did Advanced Freestyle STep by Giana Storey - fun combo in this one.

Diane - I will sent you a pm. That is why I am not taking the vaccine. Too many unknown.What's been known the vaccine wouldn't work/protect me as it would someone else. Who knows what the vaccine will trigger once I take it? I already have very bad medicine side effects. My body is attacking my now body.I would have to stop taking meds a week before taking the vaccine and a week after. I already have a compromised immune system, I don't need to worsen it more. You still get covid even if you fully vaccinated. The vaccine have never been tested on relapsing polychondritis since RP is so rare. They know very little about RP. I didn't liking meds, nothing else brought the inflammation in my ear down. I am in remission that is what my rheumatologist is calling it. I am getting closely monitored on the medication. My liver was very elevated a few weeks ago, my doc has me take half the meds in the morning and half at night. I have to take medication for RP for the rest of my life. I will talk to my rheumatologist when I can switch to something less aggressive. If I remember correctly he wants me on the medication for a year. I just read the other day, a very healthy young woman had organ failure after getting the second vaccine. Very sad when you hear things like that. What do you think of the vaccination passport that everyone wants to push?
I agree with you. I don't think anyone should be forced to take something with which they aren't comfortable. IMHO.

Wow
Today I did CDorner Cardio Mash Up, 46 minutes, 287 calories, heart rate 148/182. I then did Cathe Perfect 30 Perfect Pump Upper body (skipped warm up, pullovers, shoulders, and triceps push ups) 15 minutes, 60 calories, heart rate 110/135. I finished off with Perfect 30 timesaver flow mobility stretch, 11 minutes, 29 calories, heart rate 92/108. Total time was 72 minutes, calories burned 376, Steps after workout and early morning activity was 5,710. I forgot to check before I started the workouts.
One arm row 25# ; 25#
bent over clutch row 20# dbs
posture pulls with band
rapid row toss 20# db
standing sweeper curl 2 reps 20's dropped to 15's
clutch curls 15# dbs
biceps curls 15# dbs; 12# dbs;10# dbs (dropsets)
overhead triceps extension 20# db
banded kickbacks
triceps dips with 12# db drop set on reps

Debbie, nice job on the weight training today. I am missing the weight training and I know the body needs strength to carry me around. It is just how to keep up the muscle and bone without pain. I tried heavier on the biceps, but second set at 20's and I could feel it in my neck and shoulders. I feel so much weaker than I used to be. Generally I would use 25 or 30 for an overhead triceps extension, but I thought I was pushing it getting the 20# overhead.
I am pretty certain the grandchildren will be back in school unless our leaders come up with some other excuse to lock down. They are registered for school. There was something about the elementary school that my grandson attends on the news and the education system checking them out as they are the only ones that have not went back into the classroom. Although honestly doing it the last semester would probably mean a lot of work catching up for some children and back tracking. There are kids that do not show up for the zoom classes and blow off the work because no guidance at home or with whoever they are with during the day. School is out late May.

Belinda, nice work getting in some barre work and a walk today. I hope that you were able to soak up some sunshine. It was warm here today in the 70's, but so windy.

Jolie, I am glad that you are feeling so much better. Nice work with Vertical Loading 2. I get frustrated trying to figure these things out. I need my granddaughter's husband who is IT to come over. He set up the electronics here when they helped unpack. I got him to figure out setting up my Withings Scale with wifi instead of just bluetooth when I was having problems figuring it out. Most instructions are very vague with no pictures. I had to work on it here with the new internet. Haven't got my Withing blood pressure monitor figured out to get the new wifi though. It should be sinking with my app where I can print it or forward it to my doctor if I need to.

Roselyn, nice work with back and biceps.

Roxie, nice that you got your wedding ring back. I had to have one cut off once, but it was because my finger got infected and swelled up. Now it rolls around my finger.
Wow, I'm really impressed with your progress. I'm using the following:

One Arm Rows: 22 - 25 lbs.
Bent Over Clutch Rows: 20 lbs.
Rapid Row Toss: 17.5 to 20 lb. DBs
Bicep Curls: 42.8 lb BB
Clutch curls and Bicep Curls: 15 lb. DBs
Overhead tricep extensions: 20 - 25 lb. DBs

How do you do tricep dips with weight? Triceps Dips are heard for me as well as push-ups on the toes. I have tried and tried to go to my toes but I can't. I'm 61 so that may play a part in it. Do you have any advice on the push-ups?

Carolyn posted day one of EPIC FIRE this morning. I gather these are going to all be 30 minute workouts. This was Legs - lots of legs. 3 minutes of 3 different exercises each done 10 reps and you just keep repeating until the 3 minutes is up. Then a break and a new group of 3 exercises for 3 minutes. I think I will have DOMS tomorrow even though I had to take a break part way through to take the puppy outside.

Then I did about 10 minutes on the spin bike.

I have a physician friend that thinks the long-term effects of the viruses our bodies pick up is more risky than the shot. She's a big proponent. Her thinking is that these people now with the memory and muscle illnesses (Alzheimers, Parkensins etc) are caused by viruses earlier in people's lives. She got the shot as soon as she could! My mother though (in her late 70s) really had a tough time with the 2nd shot though my dad was just fine after both.
I had an aunt and uncle who got Covid and survived. They took the vaccine and after the 2nd injection, they both got very sick, again. They are in their 70s.

Today I did CDorner 30 minutes Super Fun Cardio workout , 31 minutes, 203 caloeies, heart rate 151/188, 3408 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw boxing finisher, 16 minutes, 94 calories, heart rate 137/163, 789 steps. I finished off with CDorner Neck and Shoulder Stretch, 25 calories, 18 minutes. Total time 65 minutes, 322 calories, 4,197 steps.

I forgot to post my weights and format of Coffey Fit Raw Strength 1 (cardio acceleration)
32 minutes done in 12 reps sets with a cardio or rest between sets step with 4 risers each side or bench
warm up
1 arm dumbbell row 30 # 12 reps
squat knee up or rest 30 sec
repeat
squats 25# dumbbells(Kelly 20#) 12 reps
jog in place or rest
repeat
bench press (Kelly uses 20's) I used 15's being careful with the front of my shoulder 12 reps
cardio jump pump up or rest 30 sec.
repeat
hammer curls 15# dumbbells 12 reps
cardio insoles or rest 30 sec
suitcase deadlifts 20# dumbbells 12 reps
cardio or rest
repeat
lateral raises kelly uses 12's I used 8 # dumbbells
cardio skater move or rest
skullcrushers 12# dumbbells
cardio v sit knee pulls in or rest
repeat stretch

Belinda, they get patients up so quickly and moving post surgery. I had a friend that had had knee surgery and she said she had blood running down her leg while she was walking, but it is something they really need to do. It is a good idea to be gentle on the knees while swollen. At least you got some movement in. Hope healing is fast for your husband. I will probably purchase the new workouts because the price for both types of bands together would cost what her presale package is would mean the videos were very low to no cost. Depending on if getting downloads and dvds. I keep looking at the bands on Amazon though kind of wanting them. They don't look like they roll up like a lot do. You are so dedicated on your workouts. No matter what you have going on you get it done.

Debbie, I looked at the Lower Body Tabata today, but I did those Raw workouts and decided I need a bit of recovery before a new workout. Chris mentioned her Amazon shop and those bands. I looked on Amazon and they have packages of those fabric bands. We need more out there that will make right decisions. We do not have a strong government and leadership. It is full of self edifying people that do not care for anyone else. The thing is, those that do speak up do deal with creeps on their doorsteps and going after them. It is not right!

Doreen, nice work today. That is how I feel sometimes after interruptions with virtual school stuff, zoom classes, and a child that wants to slip out the backdoor with the dog and needs to be watched. I sometimes give up and decide I will try it later. I am trying to choose short workouts so it might be possible to finish at least one.

Suzie, thank you. I am wanting to build back up, but my arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis has slowed down what I used to be able to do. I am 68 and have been forced to lower the weights and work around areas I have problems with. Maybe just doing a couple of push ups on your toes each time till you gain the strength to do more. Make it a goal each time. If you modify it would be better to do them elevated with your hands on a bench so that you get the full range of motion instead of on your knees. This might help. Also I think keeping the hands placed under the shoulders with fingers spread helps. Make sure your back is straight by kind of tucking your hips forward. Also, if you haven't tried, you might adjust width of your arm placement to find where it is the most comfortable. I have done triceps dips for so many years with weights and I used to have a dip station and would put out a few hanging dips. I feel like a barbell seems a bit more comfortable than trying to balance a dumbbell in my lap. You are doing great with your weights. Way to go with the 42# barbell for biceps curls.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.