Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2021

Yesterday and today I did trampoline workouts

Went to our first St. Louis Cardinal game its been a long time since covid it was fun but so strange to have 13000 people compared to 45,000!!

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

Sorry for not checkin in yesterday. By the time I came home I was exhausted. Haven't workout out since Friday. I hope I get something in today. DH and I will drive back to DC and help DD with the rest. Her furniture are all set up, we didn't had time to open any. DD and I decided to clean all the cabinets again to make sure they are all clean.

Debbie - let me know if you need anymore help finding the free KOF meal plan. I can sent to you.

Jolie - I am still on no processed food/oil free and whole food 100% vegan diet. It's easier than I thought would be going. I am not hungry eating a plant based diet. I lost another 4 pounds. I feel so much better and have more energy. I don't miss meat at all. We went out to grab a bite to eat, you can make anything vegan these day's.

Diane - I hear you on the long drive to the doctors. I try to coordinate my appointments as much I can especially if I drive to Bethesda. I have an appointment with my Rheumatologist tomorrow.

I will try to be back later today.

Didn't sleep well last night so not really motivated on what workout to do. I finally decide on a GHUTV Walking and Upper Body sculpt workout just to get some movement in. It was also a play with the puppy kind of workout as he climbed on me for sit-ups and attacked my ponytail for chest flies but oh well.

This morning I did RAW Cardio Crush, I really like this workout, I did it once before. Caitlin is in it with Kelly. There is a part where Kelly does some plank drills and I actually did them. Not the entire 45 seconds each, but at least 30 seconds. My tricep still aches a bit but it is getting better. There are times I hardly notice it anymore.

I also did the floor part RAW Ab Finisher, used my 8# med ball. I like that workout but not a big fan of her sons song. It is growing on me, though. LOL!!

Cardio Crush was 37 minutes, burned 245 calories, did 3540 steps and HR was 122/154.

Today is me and my DH's 25th wedding anniversary. I cannot believe it has been 25 years, how is that even possible? We were planning on going to Hawaii for a vacation this year for our anniversary but with COVID and everything, that is out of the quesiton. I think we are going out to eat next weekend which will be nice.

No time for personals, I'm getting ready to go set up an art show. I have over 100 art pieces which is awesome, I really didn't think I'd get this many from our schools due to the pandemic. I'm very happy about it!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Debbie, numerous friends of mine have gone to Hawaii and or are there right now and said it is fine. The beaches, hotels and restaurants are all open and the flight was just fine. The states are all starting to open now, this virus will die off soon like all of the other viruses of the past. I understand if you are nervous and I am NOT judging at all, I dont even think about it anymore. Where I live it is really no big deal :)

Today I had the most fantastic workout! STS Meso 1 disc #4 Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. I did really good with the weights today so I got a great calorie burn. 1 hour and I burned 356 calories. Next I ran on my elliptical, all different inclines for 20 minutes and I was dripping wet when I was done. Then I got on my spin bike and rode for 5 minutes. My legs feel awesome! Total workout was 1 hour 25 minutes and I burned 652 calories. Heart rate was 121/182. I didn't plan on getting any cardio in today but I had my garage door up and my running friend saw me working out and came in and made me run, and boy am I glad she did. I had no idea how much I love my elliptical, absolutely no impact and I love the fact that I can set the resistance and hills that I want to do. Also, it is amazing how much harder you can workout when you have someone next to your encouraging you to keep going. I feel amazing!

Debbie, nice workout today. If I don't like the music in a workout I find it hard to do it :( I know, stupid right! Have a good time with the art show, that sounds like a lot of fun!

Belinda, wow on the move in for your daughter!!! I don't eat a lot of meat, i have to force myself to eat it and eggs but I have to have protein for my muscle growth and bone density. I eat as many veggies as I can each day, I love Asparagus with olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon, garlic and parmesan cheese on top, I broil it. I hope you have a great day and I think it is amazing how much you have helped your daughter out with the move in, I bet she is very grateful.

Doreen, Nice workout today even though you were not motivated. Puppies are so much work but so much fun!!!

Roselyn, the trampoline workouts sound like fun.

I hope everyone has the best day ever!!~!

Not much of a workout. I started the new Raw Kickboxing out doors and only got in 15 minutes in which was 86 calories, 1,211 steps, heart rate 135/173. I got a text that school schedule changed and a new schedule was sent to me so morning zoom was even earlier. Got ready, but my grandson's dad bought him late and they would not let us in zoom. Consequently I was sitting here doing school work with him. A lot of new stuff in the scheduling as well. We missed the second zoom as I thought is was 12:30 and it was 12:10?? sooo! Then I went to try and do CDorner 15 minute no equipment abs (18 minutes in reality) and my grandson and dog came in the room. He bought his math with him :rolleyes: So that did not go so well. I went through it, but it was not neck and shoulder friendly and I had to adjust. This was 18 minutes, 47 calories. That is it. Too much anxiety to keep at much of anything. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Roselyn, I bet it was nice getting out for a real event again.

Belinda, I don't blame you for not getting a check in in. I did not do MFP this weekend. Just busy doing things here, running errands with husband, and we ate fast food and pizza so just was not feeling like bothering. I will do that today. I think I should have pushed my appointments to when school is out altogether. Although I had already pushed forward further because tired moving and conflicts.

Doreen, nice work with the puppy. My dog still likes to get close and snuggle if she catches me on the floor.

Debbie, that is great that the tricep is so much better where you do not always notice it at all. That is funny what you said about her son's song. I kind of have had it grow on me. Not enough that I would purchase and listen to for fun, but sort of like it. Happy anniversary. Congrats on 25 years.

Jolie, awesome work on the STS workout and workout with your neighbor.

Hi everyone

I just came home from DC. I don't have a lot of time, I have to pick up my DS and DIL from DC at midnight. DD condo is looking like a home :) I did managed to go for a walk before I drove to DC this morning. It was cold outside.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my Rheumatologist. I will try to get a short workout in afterwards unless I wake up very early which I doubt. Who knows what time we get home from the airport around midnight? I also went grocery shopping for this weeks FOK meal planner. I am all set. It was easy to plan for 5 people on the planner. It was quit a lot of produce for this week.

Debbie - happy Anniversary! DH and I planned a trip to Hawaii this year, that's not happening. I hope you get to go soon.

Diane - I ate pizza too this weekend it was vegan. We found a lot of Italian Restaurants in DC/Arlington they have regular pizza and vegan. It was so good. I forgot about my Rheumatologist appointment. Now I get it in before DH's surgery on Wednesday. Hope you get yours in soon.

Jolie - I get protein through a plant based diet too. My doctor is monitoring my vitamins levels once I told him I became vegan. I have to make an appointment in 3 weeks to check all my levels. I guess, he is worried I am not getting enough protein/vitamins on a vegan diet, lol. I used to love to broil and make my veggies like you. I switched to a vegan diet for health reason. Thank you for your kind words. DD is very grateful for everything we did. I am glad she bought the condo, lol. She should stay there for quit a few years, lol.

I will be back tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for the anniversary congrats! I'm looking forward to going out to eat this weekend. :)

This morning I did my own upper body lifting. I did pyramid style and had a pretty good workout. I actually broke a sweat. This is what I did:

Chest Press: 10's/12's/15's - 16/12/8 reps

Chest Flies: 10's/12's/15's - 16/10/8 reps

Hammer Curl w/Twist: 10's/12's/15's - 16/10/8 reps

Pledges: 8's/10's/12's - 16/10/8 reps

Lateral Raise: 3's/5's/8's - 16/12/8 reps

Overhead Shoulder Press: 8's/10's/12's - 16/10/8 reps

Incline Pushups on Knees - 3 sets/10 reps

Workout was 30 minutes, burnd a whole 64 calories and HR was 71/111.

Then I walked on my Treadmill for 21 minutes, burned 121 calories, went 1.1 miles, did 2466 steps and HR was 106/127.

Jolie - I get up at 4:30 and start my workout by 5:20. I don't have a problem doing this as I am so used to it. I'm usually awake before my alarm clock goes off. I can do most step workouts ok but those dancy moves I just don't get. Plus my body doesn't move that way. LOL!! Great job with all your workouts you've done, you are kicking bootay! I'm sure the airlines have the planes safe for traveling but nope, I won't do it. We'll go when all of this is gone.

Diane - I see you did the Footloose workout, was that song in it? Was it fun? Sorry you keep getting interrupted during your workouts, I can imagine how irritating that is. Sometimes a song will grow on me but if I really don't like it, I'd just rather not do the workout. Chris has some weird ones but most of her workouts have some good music on it. I like most of Kelly's too.

Belinda - Sorry to hear about your DD's condo. Why wasn't any of that stuff cleaned before she moved in? That is not good. Who would do that? I think I would have held the previous owner or landlord responsible and get them to clean it out. I have made several vegan pizzas and they are awesome. I love them. I drizzle this vegan cheese sauce over it and OMG is it good. The cheese sauce I make I use for everything - veggies, pizza, tacos. It goes with anything. And my DH cooks them on the grill and it makes it all that much better. Yummy!!! Did you get that Simple Vegan Mama cookbook yet? What do you think?

Doreen - Sorry you can't figure out what workouts to do. I hate that. I usually just go by how I feel. I used to have to live by a rotation but not anymore. Just rather do my own thing.

Roselyn - Good job with your chest work! I'm sure you are sore.

Have a great day everyone!!!

This morning I started and did 2 groups of a new Janie Dittman Youtube workout. Then I switched over to a step workout by Kat - she puts together some fun combos.

Today I did STS Meso 1 Disc #5 Back and Triceps and had a great workout. I was supposed to do some sort of cardio today, but since I added it into my workout yesterday, I decided to just lift today. I subbed out the band work for my rowing machine on the highest resistance, this giving me a great back and legs workout. The last 5 minutes of my workout I got on my spin bike and pedaled but that doesnt feel so good on the lower back! Workout was 65 minutes and I burned 386 calories. I changed up my diet to more low carb and boy this is very hard to stick too. It is amazing how many carbs are in foods today! I found a few Keto recipes that look good, mostly veggies with some sort of protein that I think I may try. Also, I want to make my Greek meatballs in the oven again, I love those to snack on.

Greek Meatball Recipe
Extra Lean Ground Turkey
Panko bread crumbs, just a little bit
egg
Spinach and White Onion that has already been sauted in olive oil and garlic cooked till soft
chopped garlic
Feta Cheese crumbled
Salt and Pepper
A splash of heavy cream or whatever you like just to bind it.
Then I bake in the oven and boy are they good. I know most of you ladies have gone vegan on me, but maybe you might know someone who would like to try these tasty morsels :)

Debbie, your workout today looks amaze balls!!! I love Pyramid style workouts, I should pull Cathe's out again sometime, that Bicep working in that workout is killer! It was announced that California will officially open 100% June 15th, I cant wait. We all signed a petition to get our Governor out of office, he was destroying the state so he is lifting the mandate to try to save his job. The virus does not live in a warm environment so keeping it locked down with a large percentage of the population getting the vaccine is dumb. The only place we have to wear a mask now is into a store.

Belinda, wow you are busy lately. Take some time for yourself soon, you deserve it.

Doreen, those two workouts look great!

Diane Sue, nice job on the kick boxing workout yesterday. I wish I could do those but the kicks hurt my right knee and my hip flexors get so tight even if I stretch. I love the calorie burn with those types of workouts and they are fun too!

BBL to read your posts for the day. Happy Tuesday. It is supposed to get to 85 degrees on Friday, I cant wait! I love the sun.

I did CDorner Cardio Kickboxing Hiit 32:57 minutes, heart rate 137/178, 186 calories, 2,104 steps. That is all I had time for. I got my grandson through a couple of assignments and was able to get in a short workout before zoom class. We stayed busy the rest of the day. The next days he has in class at school so it will just be my 13 year old granddaughter. I should be able to get in a decent workout those days. I really was not wild about most of the music. A couple of songs at the end were decent. I would have liked it other than she did those down to the floor and back up segments through it. She offered an alternative though. I swear most of her Hiit workouts has squat thrusts or something on the floor. She ends this one with some abs. I did like that it was a mix of kicking and boxing. Sometimes instructors seem more hung up on the boxing end of it. I really want to get some upper in and some stretching. We have storms again tonight and tomorrow.

Belinda, my husband usually orders me a pasta primavera with mushrooms and peppers and no meat when he gets pizza. But then we usually really splurge on the cinnamon bread. My grandson wanted to make cookies today. We got the work done so he helped make chocolate chip cookies. I always make sure it is a small batch. I don't want to be sitting here looking at cookies.

Debbie, yes, the footloose song was in the workout. I liked it. The footing took a little bit, but she teaches it well. I want to do Kelly's Lower Body add on soon. Do you know if that is a remake from the one she did before, or is it new. Nice workout today. Good idea doing your own, that way you are less likely to hurt yourself all over again.

Jolie, those meat balls do look yummy. I might try them. I have a lot of the ingredients on hand. No bread crumbs though. Could always sub or toast and make some of my own with Ezekial Bread or something. I would use coconut milk or coconut cream maybe. I thought I ordered celery from Whole Foods the last order and I got green onions. I need to remember to slice them and use them before they go to waste.
Have you read stuff about whey protein powders being better when the are undenatured and cold filtered is better for being digested and the body using it? I have read a lot of articles so have been looking for those. I ordered Garden of Life Whey Sport that is undenatured. Last time I bought Nutricost. Funny, thing is I am doing all of this research and then I pull out a container of Whole Foods Grass Fed Whey and it is cold filtered whey. The only thing is I think they may be changing the Whole Foods one or something as I couldn't get it for about a month, then they have it for 4.99 for a four serving canister marked down. I saw pictures of another with different packaging. I do not like plant based protein powder. I have tried a lot and I end up approaching them with more dread than thinking yum. On top of things I try to make sure the protein powder does not have sucralose in it.
I just read this stuff recently when reading some stuff about helping joints and arthritis. It is amazing how they are always changing the foods available at the stores for what ever the trend is. Remember when everything was fat free and sugar free? Then there was Adkins. Low carb has hung around for quite awhile. I think Paleo is a better balance of the Low Carb type plan. My son and his family did Keto for quite awhile. They said the felt really good, but then dropped off of it. They went back to it recently because it did help them health wise, but when I talked to him the last gathering, he said you get really tired of what there was to eat. I am starting to notice more of a lean toward vegetarian type foods (processed and packaged). I guess the green thing is starting to grow in marketing. I looked at the protein powders on Whole Foods and there were way more plant based offered than why. I just want a healthy balance of nutrients. What the body needs to be healthy.

Doreen, I wonder where Kat is working out at. With the tables and cabinets, it is different. I know you have posted her workouts before, and I wondered. Nice workouts today.

Wow, I am really sore from my workout yesterday. I can't believe how sore I am. Great feeling!!! Today I di CDorner's #106 - Cardio Step Basic High Intensity workout. It was really fun, I enjoyed it, and easy to follow. My HR did get up there with this one.

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 264 calories, did 4193 steps and HR is 114/161.

I need to do a mobility/stretch workout and will do that tomorrow for sure.

Doreen - Good job with your workout yesterday.

Jolie - Yes, it is amazing how many carbs are in most of our foods, sugar as well. Since eating vegan my carb intake has skyrocketed, but my body does well with carbs. I have noticed a bit of fluffiness in my abs, but I can't say my eating vegan is causing this - it's the sweet foods I seem to be eating right now that is causing it. I need to reel in my eating, especially on the weekends. Scale says I haven't gained a pound, though. Great job with your workout yesterday, you kicked butt!! I heard about you all voting to get Gavin out, good for you!! Our papers show it as "fluff" news, like it really won't happen. I hate the media. If they only told us the truth, wouldn't this world look entirely different? And Trump would still be our most awesome president. Not sleepy creepy Joe Biden. Good God, what an embarrassment he is!!

Roselyn - What workouts are you doing? Are you just doing your own one body part a day workout or are you following a workout instructor? Just curious,

Diane - I checked out the Footloose workout but it wasn't step so I didn't do it. I might try it one of these days. I'm dying to try one of her kickboxing workouts, I'm just worried about my arm still. Maybe in another couple weeks I can try one. Nice job with your workout!! Glad you will have a bit more free time!!

Belinda - Hope your appointment goes well.

Roxie - Hope you are doing well! Check in, you disappeared again.

Have a great day everyone!!

Good morning,

DH got his surgery this morning, he is doing well. He is in recovery.

I had an appointment with my Rheumatologist yesterday. I got different shots in both my knees yesterday. It was a mix of how knows, lol. Knees are killing me. I need to get knee surgery eventually since the shots are not helping. My Rheumatologist is at Walther Reeds. Another doctor above mine come into the room and started pushing the covid vaccine on me. It's the military of course they are pushing the vaccine on anyone. I told her polity I am concerned what it would do to my autioimune disease RP? I also told her I am more concerned about what would the vaccine trigger in my body? Not to mention people are having some serious side effects from the shots/dying from it. She told me except 3 people only died from the shot that they know off. I expressed I read the CDC/FDA websites and the pharmaceutical claiming people are not dying are not from the shots, they all had underlying health conditions. I told her PR is very rare and there isn't any cure of it. Of course, she knew that. I also told her I still could get covid even if I receive the shot and now they talking about buster shots? I ask her how many people with the rare, no cure RP already had the shot? I told her I am not going to be the first one undergoing a trial and by the way the vaccine isn't approved by the FDA. She came back telling me it's Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) kinda make it sound like it's the same. I told her I am doing my now research, have been doing it since the roll out on the vaccine. Of course, her thing was if I get covid I may the hospitalized/or on a vendilator. I told her I wear 3 mask/shield in public, I avoid crowds, I keep social distance (more than 6 feet), I sanitize everything I bring into my house. The only people I am around and have been since covid are my kids and husband. My kids know what's a stake with my rare, no cure autoimmune disease. She also told me her mom got the shots and doing fine,she also has an autoimmune disease rheumatoid arthritis, WTH? Relapsing polychondritis AND RA are completely different autoimmune diseases, IMO! For one...RA been studied, RP there is very little information out there, no studies because it's so rare! Not all autoimmune diseases are the same and you can't treat them the same way. I also told her I am prone to blood clogs/lymph nodes/ I have all kinds of side effects to medication/food, WTH? I am also taking very high does of Methotrexate for RP, which is immune depressed. She also mention taking the flu shot yearly, lol. I told her I only took the flue shot twice in my life time, it was sick afterwards. I told her I never got the flue before, I am into taking herbs/vitamins.She came back and told me no one knows the long term side effects of the flue shots that people take every years. I was like you are moving my point, lol. I told her that is why I am not taking it either not to mention what's in it, lol? I told her if she can give my 100% guarantee and show me I don't end up with serious side effects/or die from the covid shot I am open and will disgusted the covid shot with her. I told her I am alive now not sure if I am alive after the experimental gene therapy with all the problems I have. I also told her I don't want to be on another one on list that defines me as a rare case with underlying health conditions like the CDC/FDA does with everyone that passed away after the vaccine. On the end she said I am doing my job to inform me about the vaccine. I felt she was pushing the vaccine on me no matter what. She couldn't confirm/nor denied the outcome with the vaccine since it hasn't been studied yet. The government is pushing the vaccine down on peoples throat. I am tired of it. I was very stressed out afterwards. Once the doctor that runs the rheumatology left, I talked to my rheumatologist alone. He ask me to keep an open mind on the vaccine. I told him if he and the other doctor show me evidence/prove that the vaccine has been studied with no complications on RP I will keep in open mind. That was a lot of fun.

I will do a workout later today. BBL

I saw Kelly uploaded several RAW workouts to Youtube - so I did Box and Pump this morning. Great low impact workout. Just what I think I needed.

Anyone ordering the bands? I'm going to because I've wanted to try the fabric bands and the big loops look fun. I have a whole bunch of moves with bands saved on instagram too for other ideas.

Belinda - I CANNOT believe that! OMG! The nerve of that doctor!!! My doctor had the audacity to tell me if I don't get the shot and end up getting COVID I could end up with blood clots. Ummm, huh? I think the vaccination causes the blood clots!!! I just rolled my eyes at her and said "No thank you" and that was end of that. Unreal!! I'm glad you stood your ground, it is ridiculous that we have to even justify the decision we make for our own bodies. Good for you for holding your ground!!

Belinda - I CANNOT believe that! OMG! The nerve of that doctor!!! My doctor had the audacity to tell me if I don't get the shot and end up getting COVID I could end up with blood clots. Ummm, huh? I think the vaccination causes the blood clots!!! I just rolled my eyes at her and said "No thank you" and that was end of that. Unreal!! I'm glad you stood your ground, it is ridiculous that we have to even justify the decision we make for our own bodies. Good for you for holding your ground!!

Debbie - I couldn't believe it either. I had a feeling about it before I went to the clinic. I even told my husband I'll bet they pushing the vaccine on me. It was like her and I arguing back and forth, lol. She had a lot of nerves! Your doctor has a lot of nerves too. The news are full of blood clots and the covid vaccine. Who in there right mind would take it? I did stood my ground. I know my body better than any doctor I have seen in 38 years in the military. I agree, it's ridiculous that we have to even justify the discussion wen make for our own Bodie. I am so tired people like fitness instructors/media and the news pushing for an experimental vaccine nobody had a clue what it will do in the long run. Nobody ever posted pictures of themselves I got vaccinated after they received the flu shots. I have way to many problems with 2 autoimmune diseases plus arthritis I really don't want to add another one to the list. I forgot they said if I get another flair up/or whatever accuses they would treat it, lol.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.