Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2021

Today I did Raw Heavy Bag and Arms, 64 minutes, heart rate 124/158, 275 calories, 2,740 steps. I have done this one before. It alternates heavy bag or shadow boxing with biceps done 12 reps 5 sets and lower body breaks then the same sequences for triceps overhead extensions. In the middle she did clean and press for 5 sets, but I did clean and curl. Next time I think that I will do kickbacks instead of overhead extensions. I tried to keep keep the biceps curls like she did in the shoulder neck issues workout. This really isolates more. I started with 15's and dropped to 10's because I could hardly lift the last few reps. Weird how that is.

I took my grandson to the playground down the street and we hung out there for awhile and got to soak up some sunshine and he got off some energy. I got the mail and my Treadclimber Key came and was missing the magnet, plus the usps had stuck it in a second bag apologizing for their rough treatment! It was late getting here as it floated around Oklahoma City area for awhile. I went directly to Bowflex this time and ordered one that should be here in a week. The other was from some place on Amazon called the Treadmill Doctor. It looks the same, just no magnet. So, now another week or so till I get one. I went on Amazon for refund, but the thing is the company charged 3 dollars and 7dollars shipping. Not a big deal, but really irritating. I looked and they said 20% restocking fee :rolleyes: I think they should refund the whole thing. I am probably wasting my time.
So much going on. 3 birthdays in the family next month, mothers day, appointments all over the place, and college graduations. My granddaughter is having a graduation house party drop in thing for finishing law school. I am so proud of her. My other one is soon to graduate for being a teacher. She has been doing some of her lessons working with my grandson when he is here.

Debbie, nice work on Raw Just Step 4. It really does make a difference when we are familiar with the workout. Chris slows it down a lot when she is teaching the moves. I think if I did the same ones a few times I could just speed it up and work through the moves faster.

Doreen, I find myself trying to up the ante a bit on CDorner's workouts with moves that are similar to Cathe's but a bit lower impact. It has been awhile since I have revisited Rhythmic Step. I did one time and thought it was not as hard as I remembered. I think the one that was the hardest revisiting was MIC in it's entirety.

Jolie, ouch on stepping on the two bees. I hope your washer service is an easy fix.

Belinda, the band workouts sound interesting. I did not read the latest couple of newsletters. I have had so much going on, those extra luxuries of reading things for enjoyment are on the sidelines. Nice work today. I alway purchase a reputable brand for B 12 and my B Complex. Usually Ancient Nutrition or mostly lately New Chapter because they are both fermented to help with the body absorbing them. They are supposed to be really good for he body repairing itself. Right now I am using Bulletproof Methyl B 12 which is good. It has a higher amount of the B 12 in it than some. Sometimes I take it with a mix of Methyl B 12 and Folate from Bulletproof. Some of the things that showed on my labs had me checking what would cause the problem and the Folate was one. I take C and D with the B in the mornings as they are all water soluble and do not require food with them. Plus help get a good start in the morning. The rest of my vitamins I take later in the day after I have eaten plenty of food. I avoid Jarrow products because they come from China. Make sure you check for any herbs or probiotics that might be added, because you would have to check with your doctor or meds and see if they are safe together.

Roselyn, we had some pretty cold weather here this last week. I am so glad to have the sun back out.

Last edited:
Good Evening,

I did BeachBody Muscle Burns Fat Lower Body. We put an offer on a house last night but didn’t get it and there isn’t anything available until July kind of bummed.

Jolie-we are expecting 3-4” of snow tonight

Reactions: WD
This morning I tried the RAW Shoulder/Neck Limitations workout. It was good but of course I have some commets about it.

First, no one with an injured neck or shoulder should be doing kickbacks with a 12# dumbbell, that is just insane. No matter how stable you are holding the shoulder, the shoulder and neck are in play during this exercise. I was shocked she used 12# for that exercise. I know in the past I've went up as high as a 15# dumbbell for KB's, but she is doing the workout for people that are injured. It would have been better had she used an 8# dumbbell. Just my opinion, maybe I'm way off here. I still really enjoyed the workout and did a few different things along the way.

Each exercise was 45 seconds and she does three rounds of this.

Squats: 15's
Bicep Curls: 12#
(I did hammer curls and hammer w/twist for the last 2 sets)
Reverse Lunges: 15's
Kickbacks - (I did lateral raises and the front/lateral raise when she went to the other arm) - 8's
Leg Lift/Hip Circles
Scapular Squeeze w/Leg Kickback
: 10's
Repeat from beginning 2 more times

I then added RAW Cardio Finisher because I need to get my HR up. That was a fun 12 minute short workout with 30 second moves that was pretty much non-stop.

Entire workout was 49 minutes, burned 209 calorie, did 2351 steps and HR was 102/157.

Pretty fun workout today. I'm still having issues with my left tricep, the pain just won't go away. I guess I can't say "pain", but whatever I'm feeling isn't going away. WTF? Shoulder, neck and upper back have been wonderful.

Jolie - You stepped on a bee? Ouch. That is why I never go anywhere without shoes on! LOL!! We are getting 3-4" of snow tonight! Yikes!!!

Doreen - I've been wanting to do Step Blast but I'm afraid to. LOL! I'm afraid it will be too hard, I remember all of Cathe's older workouts being really hard. Now you have me wanting to try it. I just might, I loved that step workout. Good job with Rhythmic Step! I loved that one at one time too.

Belinda - So glad to hear you are trying the plant based diet. I love it. I do eat chicken and hamburger here and there, but really about 95% of my foods is now all plant based. I use a Methyl B Complex that I get from my holistic doctor, it is amazing and has all the B's in it. I read that you should not take B12 by itself every day because it can be too strong, they suggest taking just that supplement every other day or as much as you body can tolerate it. I take the complex everyday because the % of B12 isn't that high and I figure if I take it every day, it is in my body at least. It shows that is 500mg of B12 in this supplement I take. I have also taken this brand: https://hellobonafide.com/products/vitamin-b which is top notch, they have magnesium and other supplements as well that are of very high quality. Also, check out "Hungry Vegan Mama" on Youtube, her channel is amazing and she has some very simple delicious vegan recipes. I bought her book and love it. I've tried most of the recipes in that book and loved them all.

Diane - I hope you are ok after doing that heavy bag workout. I want to do one so bad but feel I need to wait a bit longer. My tricep can't take that shock of hitting right now. Great job with your workout! You are so busy all the time, I sure hope it slows down for you soon. Maybe in the summer when your grandkids are done with school.

Roxie - Nice workout. I am really loving the Sigma eyeshadows. I want to order more but God knows I don't need anymore eyeshadow! We are supposed to get 3-4" of snow tonight and tomorrow. OMG, so over winter. I just want warmth and summer to get here!!

Take care everyone!!!

Good morning,

Walk and SBF D29 BA Light Tight work and Seat work is done.

Diane - thanks so much about the vitamins B. I just talked to my doctor and he is describing me vitamins B. It's a higher does, he wants me to take every other day. He wants me to make an appointment to check my Vitamins levels in 3 weeks. I will see how it goes. I will see my rheumatologist soon too.

Debbie - I was about 95% plant based too. Every time I ate chicken/meat I was getting very nauseous. You do get 30 day money back guarantee with FOK. So far, DH and I love the recipes. No oil. I believe Hungry Vegan Mama is oil free too. What I like about FOK it creates your shopping list for you too. I click it off once I have it in my shopping cart. They create breakfast/lunch and dinner for me. If I don't like something I can swap it out. You don't wast food they way it's set up. Thanks on the vitamins B, I will check it out. This is what FOK recommends https://www.forksoverknives.com/wellness/every-vegan-vegetarian-needs-vitamin-b12/

I will be back later.

I almost forgot. I am going and hang out with DD in DC. She signed for her new condo yesterday. She already getting her kitchen cabinets painted, she wanted them in white. Moving date will be Sunday.

I did a GHUTV Dumbell HIIT workout this morning. Was really just tabata intervals of weights and cardio but enjoyable exercises. Not close to HIIT level. Then I worked through the first section of a CDoerner step through the first water break. I liked the moves. I only have about 40 mintues to workout now before the puppy has to go out. This puppy is going to be the end of me... biting at ankles and clothes... ugh.

This morning I tried the RAW Shoulder/Neck Limitations workout. It was good but of course I have some commets about it.

First, no one with an injured neck or shoulder should be doing kickbacks with a 12# dumbbell, that is just insane. No matter how stable you are holding the shoulder, the shoulder and neck are in play during this exercise. I was shocked she used 12# for that exercise. I know in the past I've went up as high as a 15# dumbbell for KB's, but she is doing the workout for people that are injured. It would have been better had she used an 8# dumbbell. Just my opinion, maybe I'm way off here. I still really enjoyed the workout and did a few different things along the way.

Each exercise was 45 seconds and she does three rounds of this.

Squats: 15's
Bicep Curls: 12#
(I did hammer curls and hammer w/twist for the last 2 sets)
Reverse Lunges: 15's
Kickbacks - (I did lateral raises and the front/lateral raise when she went to the other arm) - 8's
Leg Lift/Hip Circles
Scapular Squeeze w/Leg Kickback
: 10's
Repeat from beginning 2 more times

I then added RAW Cardio Finisher because I need to get my HR up. That was a fun 12 minute short workout with 30 second moves that was pretty much non-stop.

Entire workout was 49 minutes, burned 209 calorie, did 2351 steps and HR was 102/157.

Pretty fun workout today. I'm still having issues with my left tricep, the pain just won't go away. I guess I can't say "pain", but whatever I'm feeling isn't going away. WTF? Shoulder, neck and upper back have been wonderful.

Jolie - You stepped on a bee? Ouch. That is why I never go anywhere without shoes on! LOL!! We are getting 3-4" of snow tonight! Yikes!!!

Doreen - I've been wanting to do Step Blast but I'm afraid to. LOL! I'm afraid it will be too hard, I remember all of Cathe's older workouts being really hard. Now you have me wanting to try it. I just might, I loved that step workout. Good job with Rhythmic Step! I loved that one at one time too.

Belinda - So glad to hear you are trying the plant based diet. I love it. I do eat chicken and hamburger here and there, but really about 95% of my foods is now all plant based. I use a Methyl B Complex that I get from my holistic doctor, it is amazing and has all the B's in it. I read that you should not take B12 by itself every day because it can be too strong, they suggest taking just that supplement every other day or as much as you body can tolerate it. I take the complex everyday because the % of B12 isn't that high and I figure if I take it every day, it is in my body at least. It shows that is 500mg of B12 in this supplement I take. I have also taken this brand: https://hellobonafide.com/products/vitamin-b which is top notch, they have magnesium and other supplements as well that are of very high quality. Also, check out "Hungry Vegan Mama" on Youtube, her channel is amazing and she has some very simple delicious vegan recipes. I bought her book and love it. I've tried most of the recipes in that book and loved them all.

Diane - I hope you are ok after doing that heavy bag workout. I want to do one so bad but feel I need to wait a bit longer. My tricep can't take that shock of hitting right now. Great job with your workout! You are so busy all the time, I sure hope it slows down for you soon. Maybe in the summer when your grandkids are done with school.

Roxie - Nice workout. I am really loving the Sigma eyeshadows. I want to order more but God knows I don't need anymore eyeshadow! We are supposed to get 3-4" of snow tonight and tomorrow. OMG, so over winter. I just want warmth and summer to get here!!

Take care everyone!!!

Debbie - which book did you buy from Hungry Vegan Mama? Is it the ebook she is selling on her site or on Amazon?

Belinda - Yes, it's the only book she has out I think. It's the 28 Day one. Love it. Yes, she is oil free and I like that too. And like you, when I eat meats and chicken or dairy, I don't feel very well afterwards. Love the plant based diet. I used to use a lot of FOK recipes, but I find they take so long to make and they make a TON. It's only me eating this way so a lot of the food goes bad by the time I can eat it all. That's why I love Hungry Vegan Mama, she makes meals for just 1 or 2 people and it only takes minutes to make them.

Today I started Cathe's STS Meso 1 Disc #1 and had a fantastic workout. I love these workouts, Belinda and I did an STS rotation last year and I enjoyed it so much I am doing it again, at lest Meso 1 since it is lower weights and higher reps. The workout was 1 hour and I burned 402 calories. I did really well with the weights today, I was feeling very strong. Heart rate was 113/172. I did not do the pushups, I did all sorts of Chest Press or Chest Flies. My shoulder just cant take pushups anymore. I will not be doing the leg disc because I do not like to do that much legs in one day so I will sub out the legs for a total body workout. I plan on walking on the alternate days so my legs will get a lot of exercise. I will either do Cathe Live Vertical Loading, PHA or a Yvette workout off youtube. My muscles feel really pumped right now! :)

Debbie, I came across someone talking about the Triceps issue you are having and it sounds like it is Tendonitis of the elbow. They said to try "Dry Needling", I have no idea what it is but they said it is the only way to relieve that issue in the arm. It is caused from heavy lifting and repetition. Nice job on the workout today, it looks like a really good one!

Diane Sue, They could not fix my washing machine, they had to order parts. It works fine, it just makes a lot of noise. You are really getting in some good workouts lately. Bummer about the Amazon issue, I swear it is always something!

Belinda, make sure when you take B vitamins it is the Methylcobalamin B12 with Pantethine, it is the only good B vitamin out there.. I like Jarrow B-Right, it is the perfect combination and it is the best form of B for your body to uptake. You can get it on Amazon or go to Sprouts. Most of the vitamins Doctors prescribe are crap, they do not understand how they support the structure and function of the body. They do not deliver good ingredients in those types of vitamins. Nice workout today and have fun in DC with your daughter!

Roxie, SNOW at this time of the year!!!! Nice job getting in a workout and I am sorry about not getting the house you wanted. Since there is so little inventory right now it will be a bidding war on just about anything that is on the market.

Doreen, nice workout today. I want to do step workouts, I just cant get the moves down and i get too darn dizzy.

Make it a lovely day my friends.

Debbie - thank you! I will oder the book today. Yeah, that makes sense if you the only one eating. When I sign up for FOK I put in for 2 people. The way the plan is set up you prep the food once, then have left overs the next following day. Saves time in the kitchen and on cooking. The meals are usually 30 min which I thought wasn't bad at all. I will oder the book today.

Jolie - thank you! I will check the vitamins out this week. I am getting ready to leave for DC. Moving is always fun. Fantastic job on STS D1.

Doreen, Roslyn and Roxie - great job! BBL!

I guess we got the cold weather today too! I just turned up the heat as it was set for 64. Still trying to figure out this wifi thermostat. I guess I should go to the app and see if I can change it. I went into settings on the thermostat which took some figuring on how to get there, and I don't know exactly what I did could it asked change? But it would not let me turn the dial very far to move the temp.. I wish there was a manual here. It is a nest thermostat so I will have to look for one I guess.
Today I did CDorner #108 Step hip hop, 60 minutes with lots of stops as I had to stand in the kitchen through zoom which was 25 minutes into my workout. I backed it up a couple of minutes when I went back to it, still other stops. 284 calories, heart rate 125/159. I then did an older CDorner mobility in front of the fireplace, 23 minutes, heart rate 91/112, 53 calories. I have done this one before and modified the squat/knee turn/ roll back and back onto feet. I also did not do the push up through another group of moves. I just did an up dog. My right shoulder really hurts today and I laid on it all night. It is the front of that shoulder I have problems with. Total time today was 83 minutes, 337 calories, 6059 steps. I have been doing so much better with that nerve pain in my neck and shoulder that feels like something crawling around? I have found over several years that lions mane mushroom seems to help that nerve thing. It lets up from the crawly thing when I take it regularly. I started out with Four Sigmatic Lions mane coffee packets. Now I just buy powder from Peak Performance or preferably Host Defense. I let up for a couple of months or so and now am back to using it. I had to go over what I changed. It says it helps nerves, but I never knew if it meant stress type nerves or other. Also upped the B's. All of those supplements get pretty expensive.

Debbie, I did use the 12# dumbbells for the kickbacks which did not bother me. With your tricep issue though, I can see that not being an option. She does tell us not to do something that hurts. Unfortunately the heavy bag was probably not a good idea. I like this bag though, it is softer to hit than the 100# leather everlast one that I was using. I always tore up my hands and broke the skin I hit so hard. The front of my shoulder hurts and last night my elbow started hurting. I do love the heavy bag though. I did not notice anything till I got up this morning and had slept on it, but I am sure the bag had something to do with it.

Belinda, my son was given b12 liquid vitamins and iron when he was little by his doctor because he was anemic. I had to order more vitamin D today. I ran out this morning. Vegan type diets do not supply the B12 that you would be getting from particularly red meat. I don't eat a lot of red meat. Mostly salmon and some chicken.

Doreen, my son and his family got a pup and it nips at the feet a lot. They are all trying to train him. He seems like a nice dog though. They have no fence yet though. I doubt they will get one as they have a huge pond and land spread out. I think they are doing a special system to keep the dog close to home. My grandson is distressing me as my 8 year old dog has gotten on my recliner and today he had her dog bed and a pillow on my rebounder with my dog on it. I keep topping to scold as I don't want to have to retrain my dog to stay off furniture etc.. That was part of my stops this morning. Having to rush to take the dog out is one of those not too fun things for sure.

Jolie, nice work and glad you are enjoying STS again. I had dry needling across my shoulder area when I was in PT. I had a different therapist one day in the facility and she suggested it, so I went for it. Not painful at all. It didn't not help me though. Hardly anything helped. I have read those that say it works for them. I always order the Methyolated B 12 and folate. That is why we had recently replaced the washing machine we had at our other house. It sounded like a bunch of chains rattling or something when it spun. I am guessing bearings. We decided to take care of it rather than have it break down and have to try to find one with the pandemic going on as I heard a lot of problems with getting appliances. My daughter took months before she got her washer delivered and did a lot of washing by hand. We got ours through Best Buy and it was not a wait. But at the time she had been waiting for months after she got her house to get hers delivered from Lowes.

Roselyn, I hope we do not get snow again. That last big freeze did a lot of damage to foliage around here. Even the holly type bushes are still brown around a lot of homes. This never usually happens. Trees look terrible from all of the breakage. Spring time is not the time for snow. Nice work on the cardio today.

Did a really fun step workout today from CDorner - #66 - Basic-Intermediate Step Class/135 bpm - weird name but it was so fun with great 80's and 90's music combined. Her teaching is superior and even though she talked through this one again, I didn't let it bother me. I had a great workout and was really sweating. Which is odd because its like 32 degrees this morning. I put a star by this one because I will do it again.

We got about 3" of snow and its really heavy. The tree branches are all hanging down. It is beautiful but I hope the things that have bloomed already don't die. My rose bush was squashed to the ground. :(

Workout was 45 minutes, burned 285 calories, did 4729 steps and HR was 119/152.

I wanted to add on an ab workout but ran out of time. I will do that tomorrow hopefully.

Belinda - I will have to check out that meal planning at FOK, I wonder if that is new? Never remember seeing it before. I may try the free 30 days. I like their recipes too, they were very tasty. How much does the service cost monthly? I do meal planning each Sunday. I make something that lasts me all week and I take to work for lunch. It takes me most of the day on Sunday to prepare, but it's worth it. I prep my in between meal snacks as well.

Jolie - I will checkout elbow tendonitis, but I really don't think that is my issue. Could be, though, I suppose. My triceps hurt more towards the shoulder than the elbow area. My elbows seem to be fine now, I feel no pain in them like before at all. This rest with weights has helped other issues in my body a tremendous amount, I'm almost afraid to start up again, even though I slowly have been. I will check out some videos on the elbow tendonitis but I won't go to a doctor at this point because the issue in my tri's or elbows aren't that bad. Just enough to make me not be able to lift heavy right now and I'm ok with that. Thank you for the suggestion, it all ties in together so maybe that is the issue after all. Great job with STS!! Those high rep workouts are the ones that irritate my muslces for some reason.

Diane - I know EXACTLY what you mean by feeling something "crawling" around under your skin. I get that sometimes as well but not in quite a while. I wonder what that is? My mom gets it too. I sometimes get it in my forehead when I have a headache too. Weird. I'm sorry your shoulder is bothering you, boxing is so fun but so dangerous when you are already injured. :( I used to use 15# for kickbacks but not anymore. And you're right, with my tricep issue right now I can't really even go above 5#. I was just meaning that Kelly did that workout for people with shoulder and neck issues and hoisting a 12# dummbbell behind you for a KB just seemed excessive. Anyways...

Doreen and Roselyn - Great workouts yesterday!!

Roxie - Hope you have a great workout today if you workout!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
Debbie - here is the link https://my.forksmealplanner.com/premium?tag=roadblock. The monthly is $20. I signed up for the year. The premium membership offers weekly meal plan, plus grocery list ( I don't have to type anything its all done for you) and weekend prep. You also have access to a private FB group. I still haven't figured out how to do the family sharing. I really like how simple and delicious the food is. I went to my pantry yesterday, I will donate all the food to the ministry in town that doesn't fit into the FOK plan anymore. Yesterday we found a restaurant in Herndon VA their principle was from FOK vegan/no oil/organic food. It was so good. I need to start prep my food. FOK recommends those food storage containers that will keep your produce fresh. I will post the link later.

This morning I did ICE Metabolic Total Body. Forgot how much I like this one. I go heavier than the video and the slower pace makes it possible.

Today was cardio, I did an uphill walk on my TM for 65 minutes, traveled 3.5 miles and burned 605 calories. The incline was 5.0 to 5.5, this incline puts the least amount of pressure on my sore big toe. Walking flat hurts more if you can believe it. Heart rate was 132/168. This is the first time back on the TM since hurting my toe and I am so happy to be back walking again. It is still sore but it isn't worse after I walk so I am going to start walking again.

If you all get a weird feeling after taking your B vitamins, it is a Niacin Rush and it is actually really good for you.

Debbie, nice step workout today. Speaking of Vegan, I am not one at all but I have to force myself sometimes to eat meat and eggs, I find it hard to digest. However, since I started Intermittent fasting, I find it very easy to digest because I have 16 hours to break it down while I am not eating anything. I am a real veggie lover at heart so I eat a lot of them. I love veggie soups, those are my favorite. I went out to dinner and had Flank Steak this past weekend and it was so good, probably because it was cut so thin it was not like eating a thick steak. I love Carne Asada tacos a lot , those are my favorite way to get some meat in my diet. I use a thin corn tortilla, steak, cheese, cabbage, green onions, cilantro, lime and a tiny bit of sour cream and hot sauce. Yum!

Doreen, nice workout today, that really is a great workout. I made a list of my favorite workouts and I am going to do all of them this year.

Diane Sue, Did you get snow last night too? Great workout yesterday. Thanks for the idea about the Lions Mane for nerve pain, I am going to look into it today! I hope your shoulder is in less pain today, I hate when that happens. I have been using a body pillow lately and it is helping with me sleeping in a better position, I notice that my lower back hurts less lately.

Belinda, I hope you are having a fun time in DC!

Roselyn, I hope you get in a great workout today.

Have a wonderful day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.