Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2020

Gymbox Advanced step with blasts this morning. Again, fun combos - the instructor is really good. I can't believe she can remember all the combos and cue them. There are probably hundreds of step classes on the Gymbox.

Reactions: WD
Today I had an incredible workout and I burned some major calories. I started with a walk on the TM, 30 minutes, 7.5 incline, 1.6 miles and burned 320 calories. Then I did sts last disc for Meso 2 for Back and Biceps and rowed 315 strokes in between sets. I burned 401 calories. Then I got back on the TM and walked another 30 minutes, 8.0 incline, 3.1 speed and traveled 1.7 miles burning another 333 calories. Total calories burned was 1,054!!!! My eldest son worked out with me and pushed me so hard :) He is helping me loose weight and I am cooking to help him gain weight.

Doreen, I have never heard of Gymbox before. Where do you come up with these workouts? Great job on getting it done today!

Belinda, great job on the legs workout today. I finished Meso 2 and loved it. I am not sure if I will start over on Meso 1 again or repeat Meso 2 again. I am not doing Meso 3 because I cant lift that heavy, if I do I get an injury.

Debbie, i hope you had a great workout today, maybe you posted on the other thread. I will go and see if you did.

BBL to read your other posts. I have to go to the store really fast before all the meat and eggs are gone.

Have a nice day.

Good Evening,

I did 10 Rounds WK1 D2 Lift Lower Body this evening.

Debbie-everyone is requesting delivery and staying home so we are not busy and today was really slow. I have suggested to my boss to close early because of no customer. I haven’t had to wear my mask any one with a cold or getting antibiotics are not allowed in we take it out to their car.

We went to the all night grocery store last night. It was 2 am and it seems a lot of other people realized they are open and stocked well. I slept in some, but not enough. Tired now. Today I did Step Boss I Max 4, 47 minutes, heart rate 101/141, 205 calories, 4,083 steps. I then did Jessica Smith Walk Strong Boost Your Metabolism lower focus, 34 minutes, 83 calories, heart rate 101/132, 273 steps. Total time 81 minutes, 288 calories, 4,356 steps. I hate to keep complaining, but this watch does not motivate me very much. In fact I find myself wanting to add more workout so I look like I burnt some calories. There is no way in my opinion that I Max 4 should be that low in calories for the length and intensity it is. I even added jumping to it and used the two risers on both sides. I think unless they can fix the problems they may lose a lot of customers after reading their customer forums. I feel like my problem is nothing compared to some people. I like the features and the way the apps on are there, but it is not accurate for me. I would pull out the Blaze, but feel bad that my husband bought me this for Christmas because he knew I really wanted one.

Belinda, I forgot it was the first. This sitting at home makes me have to stop and think what day it is. Nice work on STS. Those supplements can sure help.

Doreen, Gym Box has an app doesn't it? It seems I saw one on fitness on Fire TV. Is that one free or do you pay for it?

Jolie, nice that you had your son there to push you. That was a long workout! Funny that your son is helping you lose weight and you are helping him to gain weight :)

Roxie, do bring out things like cough syrup and Tylenol to customers too. My vet is not letting the customers themselves come inside. They go out and get the pet and if we need dog food or heartworm meds we have to call from our car and they will bring it out.

Diane - GymBox has an app but they also have uploaded some workouts to their youtube channel. Up until a couple years ago they were uploading new workouts every week but then they couldn't sustain that with their subscription base so its now just old workouts recycled. But there are soooo many- I think it would be hard to do them all!!

I am a bit late today because I went to the grocery store first thing this morning. I shopped for the next three weeks. Our governor has a major announcement this afternoon and I have a feeling he is going to really get strict with the stay at home rules. Plus the peak it supposed to hit within the next 2 weeks and I certainly don't want to be out in it. Crazy, I hate this crap. Worried all the time, wiping everything down, washing my hands until they are raw. Ridiculous.

My workouts keep me sane, though. I did Kelly's RAW Upper Body Blast. Haven't done this one since June, it is a tough one.

4 sets each exercise - 30 seconds on/10 seconds off (you do each exercise for 4 sets/30 seconds and then move onto the next exercise - killer)

Bench Press - 30#
Barbell Shoulder Press - 10's/8's - these killed me
Dumbbell Flies - 17.5's
Lateral Raise - 10's/7.5's
Skate & Curl - 10's but no skate
Squat/Hammer Curl/Jump - 10's but no squat or jump (my knees were hurting)
Barbell Row - 30#
Dips
Seated Reverse Flies
- 10's
Skull Crushers - 10's
V-Ups

I took breaks between each exercise change because I am avoiding pulling a muscle. Kelly does this whole thing without stopping. Kudos to her, but I feel that is dangerous.

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 241 calories, HR was 121/158.

Then I walked on my treadmill for a mile and burned another 130 calories.

Diane - I checked the last 4 times I did this workout and it was all before I got my Versa. The are all comparable to today's burn, although once I got 339 calorie burn with it. I do notice that my calorie burns aren't as high anymore but I am happy that it seems to do my Max Trainer workouts better. It seems to catch when my HR goes up, my Ionic never did that. It took the whole workout just to get it in the 130's. I just get mad when the stupid thing turns off workout mode by itself. Not sure why it does that.

I'll try to be back later for more personals. Have great workouts!

Today I did Kelly TMF Cardio Blast both workouts , 1 hour 18 minutes(actual 1 hr 15), heart rate 116/157, 344 calories, 6,281 steps. This is long as I did it from the Raw streaming site and the streaming of dvds does not have premixes. They do have Build and Burn workouts on their individually though. I also did Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga knees and hips, 24 minutes, 26 calrories, heart rate 80/98, 44 steps.
Total time 1 hr 45 minutes, 370 calories,

I went for a nice walk outside today. Felt great being outside.

Roxie - thanks for the info. I will keep my eye out for them.

Jolie - I am debating if I do M3? I can lift heavy in M3 for UB, not sure I want to go heavy for my lower body. I don't think my knees can take it. I have a squat rack/bench going heavy for UB isn't a problem. Great job for finishing M2 before me :p

Diane - I almost forgot it was a new month, lol. Great job.

Debbie - great job this morning,

Roselyn - glad the test was negative.

I will be back later.

I got woke up too early this morning as my dog Gertie was barking like crazy and I didn't want her to wake up my husband. She really wanted to let someone know Amazon had left an early package I guess. She rarely barks. Wish I could have slept longer.... She seems to be feeling better today. I cooked her up some rice and chicken breast. Now is not the time for me to be feeding her chicken breast. The only chicken breast they had at the grocery store was an off brand in the frozen section unless I wanted to buy it with skin and bones in the meat department. I could do that I guess. I keep thinking how spoiled most of us are.

Doreen, I haven't been using YouTube as much lately. I guess I need to look. I like fun step workouts.

Roxie, I understand why people would stay home. It really is hard on business in general. I bet it is rather boring when there are not customers.

Debbie, it has seemed like a really long month and I imagine as we go through April it is going to seem even longer. I keep praying it will be gone sooner than expected. I am missing my family. We will miss our Easter gathering and one birthday this month. Our governor gave a talk yesterday. Not a lot different though other than people doing what they should do so we can get through this and then they had experts giving info for people trying to sign up for unemployment since they are backlogged, and places for those that need food etc..
It is so sad how this came about. I wipe everything down and rinse cans etc. when I get home and wash my hands multiple times while getting everything put away. It takes so long. As I do workouts that I have done several times previously I have checked and my Versa did better at the start. The burns and heart rates are going down each time. I was quite a bit higher with the Blaze. I have tried setting my timer on my tablet and checking my pulse though which is generally in more of a relaxed state and it seem correct. I still don't think my heart rate is as low as it says when I am working hard. Today it would drop out, was 110 while doing the plyo section of the workout I did today several times when I looked at it. I stopped and switched wrists twice. I shut it down and my phone and rebooted it all before I started. As you can see, that was a long intense cardio for the heart rate and calorie burn I got. I wish it was giving me the reads I had before. Nice work with Kelly today. Shoulder presses are rough. I just cannot seem to get back up to lifting even 15's right now without it bothering me. I will probably make a shopping trip to Sprouts and should be good for awhile. I have to either go out and get my dogs flea tick med or try to order from somewhere. If I go to the vet they will bring it to the car.

Belinda, glad you had a nice walk outside today. I think maybe do the upper body of Meso 3 and do something else for lower.

Today I did Kelly's Cardio Pump Kickboxing workout. I love that workout, haven't done it in a while. Very fun combos and now weights.

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 224 calories, went 3224 steps and HR was 132/163.

I also did Max Endurance 10 with Jeni and had another great workout. Jeni is sort of an annoying instructor, but the workout was fun.

Workout was 14 minutes total, burned 104 calories, went .35 miles a did 898 steps. HR was 139/160.

Diane - I need to check out Kelly's actual DVD workouts on RAW. Isn't it hard to find the workouts? I don't think she breaks them up, right? I need to check it out. I used my DVD today. Easter is going to be a sad affair this year without family. I feel so bad for my mom, she loves Easter. I will miss going to Good Friday mass, that one is so special and I feel so bad we won't be in our church for it.

Belinda - Good job with your walk. How is everything where you live? Is the virus spreading around in your state? Do you have hot spots? I'm only really hearing about Ohio and New York because I live in Ohio and New York is horrible right now. I haven't heard much else about other states.

Roselyn - Good job on your cardio workout!

Jolie - Hope all is well, you didn't post yesterday.

Have great workouts everyone!

I did a workout late last night - Peak 10 More Cardio Strength. These are fun - I modify the Peak sections to be low impact - no real need to do all the jumping.

This morning I did Cathe Live #284 Arms and Abs on the ball. I actually did the abs (yeah me) and really liked the ball exercises for abs in this one.

Today I did STS D18 Back & Biceps.

Debbie - DC and Virgina are hot spots. The # are climbing her in WV too. It's scary.

BBL to catch up on more personals.

Today I toned down my workout a bit. I think I have a bakers cyst on the back of my right knee. I had one on the left before when I had the torn miniscus. The right knee kind of was swollen after the impact I did yesterday. :( So, today I did Raw Intervals #5 which she says you can do whatever you want for cardio as follow her or use equipment. I used the floor at first and followed her somewhat then decided the last half to use the rebounder. I used 10,8, and 5# for the shoulders only. This was 36 minutes, 123 calories, heart rate 108/158, 1,690 steps. I finished off with Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga Total Body, 21 minutes, 21 calories, 21 steps. Weird with all of the 21's. Total time 57 minutes, calories burned 144, 1,711 steps.
I think that I have used this workout before, or maybe it is similar to something else. It just seems the other time I used the spin bike for half of the cardio. I will post the workout later, I need to get showered and go to Sprouts.

I am back from Sprouts. It was a quick in and out. Not busy at all. I got my stuff and went straight to the register and checked out. I was a little worried that it might be busier because it is a Friday. It is freezing outside today. Weird how we can go from 90 to 31 degrees so easily. I had to take a double look at my weather app as I thought something was wrong with it. I got some hand soap at Sprouts which makes me happy. I had some on order from Amazon and it was not going to arrive till late in the month. I am tilting the bottle to get it to squirt so canceled the Amazon order. Maybe should have kept it. There were not a lot of bottles of hand soap. They moved them all to the bottom to shelves in front.

Raw Intervals 5 36 minutes mostly compound moves, 3-4 moves followed by cardio with choice of following Kelly or using fitness equipment. Kelly does jacks, runs, fast feet, side to side hops Kelly uses 10 and 7# dumbbells and says you can go heavier
lunge press knee right then repeat all left 1 10# dumbbell
repeat
squat thrust biceps curl 10# dumbbells
repeat
lat raise front/lateral 5# dumbbells
cardio
ski squats 8# dumbbells
side lunge biceps curls right then all on leftc10# dumbbells
repeat
row/upright row 10# dumbbells
repeat
cardio
kneeling top shelf bottom shelf 10# dumbbell
repeat
skull crusher/sit up 10# dumbbell
lying leg up and over
final cardio
push up from floor knee pull
repeat
sit up reach opposite toe
repeat
plank/down dog/shoulder push up plank hold between two sets

Last edited:
Roselyn, nice work with the Live workout.

Debbie, I like Kelly's cardio Pump workouts. The dvd workouts she has on Raw are mostly both workouts that are on the dvd just run one into the other. If you have an idea of how long workout one is with the warm up you shouldn't have to much trouble finding workout 2. She does have the Build and Burn workouts each separate. Like the kickboxing one is by itself and the lower body is on it's own. Body Design was one I had a problem with because I just wanted to use a couple of the workouts and finding them since they are all together was not so easy. I loaned mine out and thought I would do it from the Raw channel. I have only used a couple of them since I have the dvds for most of them. A favorite of mine lately is Cardio Quick Fix. It is all done on the floor the first workout is all low impact. The second is more intense with some impact and modifiers. Since you do not have all of them, you might find that a way to check them out. Maybe do workout one and then pick up on workout 2 the next time since I think it stops where you left off the last time. Unless you want to start from the beginning.

Doreen, I bet I would like arms and abs. I like working both and I love using the ball.

Belinda, nice work on STS. Yes, the numbers going up is scary.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.