Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for April 2018

Debbie, I am the same way, in that ai dont like being super strict on diet. I mainly go by if my abs are defined, If they look a bit smooth and soft I know it is time to change up things a bit. My carbs are between 20 and 35 % most days. Once in awhile I have a higher day. I think I need to get some protein powder again or figure some other foods low fat and high protein. The thing is, most protein powders are basically chancey on having fillers and jubk. Sometimes I pick up Dr Axe bone broth protein which is expensive. I use collagen protein of some sort daily for joints. I also use the pre-workout bone broth protein burst from Dr Axe in the mornings. I am getting ready to pick up my 3rd container.
Do you find that fit bit adjust your calories some at the end of the day? When I get a high step count I get a few extra calories at the end of the day.

This morning I did Low Impact Circuit, 72 minutes, 455 calories, met 5.7,4,260 steps, average heart rate 127, max 176. I then did X Train Burn Sets back with the stretch and skipped the superman burn set, 16 minutes, heart rate average 110, max 135, 79 calories, met 4.5, 446 steps. I finished off with Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped relaxation stretch, 15 minutes, 38 calories, 56 steps (weird on the steps as it is mainly lying or sitting) Total time today was 1 hr 43 minutes, 572 calories. I looked over the moves in the circuit workout and did not see anything that I thought would be a problem.
weights X Train Burn Sets Back
one arm row 3 sets 30 # x 10,10,12 reps
dumbbell rows both 3 sets 20#dbs x 10,10,12 reps
seated rear delt 3 sets 12#dbs x 10,10,12 reps

Today I woke up tired so I walked 5 miles outside since it is absolutely beautiful today. 1 hour 40 minutes and I burned 678 calories, seems high but I will take it! Average heart rate was 137 and max was 182. I went up some really steep hills, great for the legs and glutes and the heart rate. I notice when I am really tired my heart rate gets higher than it normally would. I guess I have to work harder with less energy.

Debbie
, good job on busting through the dread factor of that workout! My son will be a Jr. in high school this coming year. He always take the hard way in life and my oldest son somehow finds the easy way! I am starting to some to terms with it now so that is a good thing. I have to let go. I had to get up every night this week between midnight and 1pm to tells those two morons to go to bed!!! They sit up taking or go to the gym in the middle of the night and then their school work suffers because they are so tired.

Diane Sue, nice job on the workout! My feet are killing me today. I notice sometimes that my joints ache depending on what I eat or drink the day before. Inflammation I guess. I need to drink more alkaline water today. I have a machine at my house so I can make it when ever I want. I am making chicken enchiladas for Cinco De Mayo tomorrow with fresh chili's, cilantro, guacamole and shredded chicken. Yum! This holiday is huge in CA because of being so close to Mexico.

DOZ,
I hope you have a good workout today. I will check back in to see what you did.

Have a nice day.

Evening,

Today’s workout, Cardio Coach #2 revised and Art of Strength only did 10 exercises, due to time. My grandkids should be here within the next hour or so. After I finished all my chores this morning. Decided I wanted to cook, so I slow cooked 2 big smoked turkey wings, going to add some cabbage, made some corn bread, and my barbecue turkey ribs are in the oven, all is left to do is cut up some potatoes, making hash brown and I’m going to call it a day. I’m looking forward to my rest day. I’ll check back tonight.

Reactions: WD
Jolie, it sounds like your sons get along pretty well. I know it is tough when one child manages more easily than the other. Like, I said they are all different. I had one we had to prod, one that studied a lot, and the other seemed to get by without studying that hard and missed a lot of school their senior year. All of them are hard working adults now and did finish high school. Two went to college, the other did some online college, but hasn't really needed it. I am proud of every one of them. They all work hard. I had my own sleepless nights and anxiety at times and I am sure many mothers do. You are right, you have to let some of it go. You do your best and that is all you can do.
Your dinner plans sound nice. We don't pay that much to cino de mayo here. I made tacos for dinner, but I just ate a hamburger pattie and sweet potato for dinner. I do love the organic corn tortillas that are gluten free though. I just avoid for the most part. Grains and sugars can really cause a lot of inflammation. I can tell the difference with my arthritis and joints when I eat bad.

Doz, you sound like me when I am putting together a meal for family. I haven't eaten cabbage in quite some time. I like to cook up extra baked potatoes and turn leftovers into hash browns :) I have a grandson here tonight. Tomorrow we are celebrating my granddaughter's college graduation and helping her get things moved to the apartment, there will be donuts and pizza. I'm in trouble if I don't eat something in the morning before I go. Sunday is my grandson turning 4's birthday party, and Thursday is my granddaughter's wedding. This is all at someone else house :)

Roselyn, nice work on keeping up with Body Beast.

Quick check in and I have to run and will come back later. I did Fit Split Low Impact Lori's version, 26 minutes, heartrate average 129, max 174?, met value 5.9, 169 calories. I then did Tracey Long Core Movements, core warm up, posture, and mobility stretch 22 minutes, 56 calories, heart rate average 98, max 124. 1,853 steps, 48 minutes, 225 calories total. It ended up being sandwiches and chips along with some candies for lunch and the moving today, so no pizza. I had a turkey and provolone cheese sandwich, handful of chips, and some red vines :) Then I came home and went to the store and a some dark chocolate. Not the best day of eating :)

If anyone is out there today - I was looking at the Powerstrike website and it looks like they charge 1 price for a workout. So the new releases are $2.99 each. If you pay for it, can you use it at any time after that or do you have to pay for it each time you use it?

Do they have a month fee so you have access to everything? There really isn't any explanations out there on the website. I just don't want to pay $2.99 if I can only use it once.

Any info is greatly appreciated. Those workouts look good.

Debbie, I have the dvds only. I think you pay the $2.99 and you get to use if for a short period of time. She is starting to resell her dvds again on Collage video I think or Amazon. My favorite workouts are Body Strikes, Power Strike 5 and 6 and Athletica.

Today I walked outside for 1 hour 50 minutes and walked 6 miles. I burned 1004 calories! That seems high but it was a very hard walk with hills. Then I blew the whole thing by eating fried chicken and French fries with my son for lunch!!!!!! Why did I do that? Oh well... I am back at it tomorrow!

Happy Sunday.

Thanks Jolie! So I went into my workout room because Powerstrike just sounds so familiar to me. Low and behold, I have Powerstrike Millennium!!! Not sure where I even got it, but I just previewed it and it looks really fun. I'm going to do it on Wednesday. Can't wait!!! I also have other KB workouts, a couple by Tracy Long that I remember were really fun and a couple other ones.

I still may try their online workouts when I get time, they look fun.

Thank you for the info!

Hi Everyone

Today’s workout, was only a 2hour walk.

My neighbor, who sometimes let her dog out in the wee hours of the morning, lasts night was one of them nights, at 3am all the dogs started barking, can you imagine that I woke up like WTH shut up lol I couldn’t go back to sleep, finally I felted asleep, but I woke up late, it was to late to do my scheduled workout , so much prepping to do with my one puppy, imagine 3, so I ended up walking

The good news is everyone left this afternoon, YAY sometimes you just need a break, duh.

Stats: from Meso 2 I lost 5 lb I was expecting more but I’ll take it. From here on out, I’m going to weigh-ins once a week, keep me accountable for what I eat.

Jolie- Nice walk. I know what you mean when you workout and then make the wrong food choices.

Debbie, Diane, Roselyn enjoy your day off.

Last edited:
I was supposed to do a Cathe Live weight workout but I had a horrible nights sleep so I am just too tired to workout. Then both of my boys started vomiting this morning before school so I am sure a flu or some bug is starting to go around the house. I have no energy so today will have to be my rest day. Oh well.

DOZ,
nice job on the weights and ab workout today.

Roselyn, where did you find that kick boxing workout, I hope you enjoyed it.

I will check back in later to see what everyone does for their workouts today.

Have a nice day.

Sorry no post, I had an early morning meeting and didn't have time to post. This morning I did Run Fit with Candace and had an excellent workout. Love this workout, I did excellent with it!!!

Workout was 52 minutes, ran 3.93 miles, burned 475 calories (TM said 523) and went 7810 steps. I can't believe I almost reached 4 miles with this. Once again, my TM clocked me less, it showed 3.68 miles. I'm going with my FB as it is recording my steps and it should know better. I hope. Avg HR was 152 Max was 187.

No time for personals, I'll be back later.

Last edited:
New
Late check in. I am tired. I did not sleep well. My daughter came over after my workout and we took the children to the library. This morning I did Ripped with Hiit, Low Impaxt 1 and 2 combined, met 6.0, 331 calories,50 minutes, 3,810 steps. I then did Ice Low Impact Seat workout # 1 no warm up, 23 minutes, heart rate average 129, max 173, 147 calories, met 5.8, 1,373 steps. I did 15 minutes of Sarah Beth Yoga on you tube for back pain (it was supposed to be 30 minutes) and stopped when my daughter called to get my bath and put together. That was 33 calories, met 2.0. I did get 10,127 steps so far today. Total workout time was 88 minutes, 511 calories. Tomorrow is a major errand running day for me. Yesterday was family birthday celebrating and I came home and mowed the back and did yard work while husband organized the garage. My neck, shoulders and hip hurt terribly today and overnight. I have no clue why.

Doz, sorry about the barking dogs. The only time my dog gets out in the middle of the night is if she is sick or something. 10 oclock and then she is in for the night. Sorry about the sleep.

Debbie, LOL I think you meant steps for the 7,810 miles. Nice work for the steps :)

Jolie, I hope that you do not get sick too. I bet you are tired.

Roselyn, nice work on doing Yvette. I think I got rid of all of my Powerstrikes workouts a long time ago. I just wasn't doing them.

Today I decided to do Muscle Max. I have not done that workout according to my log since 2014!! Holy crap. I've always liked this workout and I did most of it in it's entirety.

LEGS
Squats warm-up: 10's
Barbell Squats: 40# - endless reps
Dumbbell Static Lunges: 15's - again, endless reps

CHEST
Push-Ups: 2 sets/12 reps
Dumbbell Flies: 15's/12 reps
Dumbbell Flies w/Inner squeeze: 15's/10 reps
Push-Ups: 8 reps w/different speed counts

BACK
Barbell Rows: 40# - 2 sets/15 reps
One Arm Row: 25# - 8 reps slow count (killer)
Dumbbell Pullover: 25# - 10 reps slow count

LEGS
Leg Press w/Band: Green band/2 sets 16 reps
Plie Squats: Skipped

SHOULDERS
Lateral Raise Elbow Bent: 10's - 2 sets/12 reps
Lateral Raise w/Band: Endless Reps
Upright Row: 10's - 2 sets/12 reps
Barbell Front Raise/Rear Delt Squeeze: 20# - 2 sets/7 reps (killer)

BICEPS
Barbell Curls: 35# - 1 set/8 reps, 1 set/6 reps
Dumbbell Partials: 10's

TRICEPS
Seated Overhead Press: 15# - 10 reps
Dips: 4 slow/10 fast
Seated Overhead Press: 15# - 10 reps
Dips: 4 slow/10 fast

My knees seem to be doing well lately but didn't want to chance it with plies. Those hurt sometimes. I also skipped the ab section because I ran out of time. didn't have time to walk on my treadmill either which sucks. I only got 1370 steps with this workout.

Workout was 58 minutes, HR was 116/159 and I burned 312 calories. Every time I looked at my FB it wasn't reading my HR. WTH???

Diane Sue - Yes, I meant steps yesterday, LOL!!! Sorry you didn't get much sleep, I seem to be getting enough and am wide awake when I get up at 4:30 a.m. Pretty soon my summer hours start so I can workout later. Yay!! Nice job with your workout.

Jolie - I hope you are ok today, that isn't good that your boys were sick yesterday. What could be going around now? Weird...

DOZ - Dogs barking is an annoyance no one should have to deal with. If you let your pet out and it starts backing, take it back in. There is no reason for that. My mom has neighbors that put their barky dog out all day long and I certainly don't have a problem telling the thing to shut up. As soon as I start yelling at it, they take it in. I don't want to hear it. Sorry you didn't get any sleep due to that issue. Hope you are feeling well rested today. Nice job with your workout and congrats on your 5# loss, that is great!!!

Roselyn - Nice job with your workout! I love kickboxing workouts.

I also voted this morning. Ohio needs to drain the swamp!!

Have great workouts everyone!!

Today I did Party Rockin Step #1, 54 minute, met 6, heart rate average 141, max 177, 357 calories, 4,958 steps. I then did Tracey Long Core Movements, segments core and more and mobility stretch, 16 minutes, 44 calories, 106 steps. heart rate average 98, max 138. I was going to do the posture segment as well, but when looking at my notes that was the only item on the page the day I started having all of the pain that was different. Maybe my body is reacting to the postural stuff. Anyway, I was not ready to take a chance. Things seem a bit better right now and I have a lot to do. My sleep stages did not work on my Fit Bit again. I find that so annoying.

Deb, that is great that your knees are doing well with your workouts. Toes elevated squats sometimes bother my knees and front squats. Some things are individual and body mechanics just do not do well with some moves. I used to get up early like you to workout. It is nice not to be rushed, although sometimes I mess around so long in the mornings before my workout that half the day is gone by the time I am showered.

I woke up today to an Earth Quake and that is not a nice way to start the day. My bed was shaking so bad I thought someone was trying to wake me up by shaking me but it was an earth quake instead.

Today I started with a 2.2 mile run on my elliptical, interval mode, 22 minutes and I burned 239 calories. Then I did a Cathe Live Workout, Upper Body Express with Core and burned an additional 304 calories. I did tweak this workout a tad to my liking and it turned out pretty good. Absolutly no breaks except to get to the next exercise. This was tuff stuff as Cathe would say!

1 Arm Rows- 25# x 12, x 12

Bicep Curls- 15# x 12, x 12 ( 2 rounds of this Giant Set )
Hammer Curls 15# x 12, x 12
Sweeping Curls- 15# x 12, x 12
W Curls- 12# x 12, x 12

Lateral Raise - 5# x 4 side of thighs, x 4 front of thighs, repeat for 24 reps ( 2 rounds of this Giant Set )
Overhead Press- 15# x 12, x 12
Upright Rows- 15# x 12, x 12
Front raise to Rear Raise- 8# x 12, x 12
Lateral Raise- 8# x 12, x 12

Pullovers- 24# x 12, x 12 ( 2 rounds )
Rear Flies- 10# x 12, x 12

Chest Flies- 15# x 12, x 12 ( 2 rounds )
Chest press- 20# x 12, x 12
Narrow Grip Chest Press- 15# x 12, x 12

Lying Triceps Ext- 12# x 12, x 12 ( 2 rounds )
2 Arm Kickbacks- 8# x 12, x 12
Cross Body Ext.- 12# x 12, x 12

ABS
I am done! What a great workout and I like starting with the cardio for the warm up and the additional calorie burn.

Debbie,
nice job on Muscle Max! I haven't done that one in years either! Cathe looks so good in that workout, she was so lean in her dvds, I always aspired to look like that but could never achieve it due to my eating!!!

Diane Sue, I hope you slept better last night, I sure did. Nice job on the workout today. I am thinking of making some ground turkey and spinach meatballs with some feta cheese to snack on during the day. I am constantly grabbing chips and bad stuff because I don't have anything ready to eat in the refrigerator.

DOZ and Roselyn,
I will check back in to see what you all did for workouts today!

Have a nice day!

Afternoon,

Today’s workout 25 minutes slow steady run and STS Ploy Legs. Man oh man Ploy was tough heart rate was through the roof lol, but I stayed with it.

Debbie- I was on Cathe’s website last night looking for a total body work, ended up watching MUscle Max, I was dang, I put it on Friday rotation. Nice job

Diane Sue - Party Rockin, sounds like a fun workout, you always have an awesome workout. Nice work lady.

Jolie - Earth Quake yowza so glad it was a mild one, eek. Yet and still you pushed out an awesome workout. Nice work.

Roselyn- Hello

On my way out to get an oil change, today, I’m going to chill and watch a few movies, if I can find worth watching. Have a wonderful evening guys.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.