Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for April 2018

Hey everyone

I Almost talked myself out of a workout today, because I woke up late, usually I’m finished with my workout. But I pushed play and had an awesome workout. I did STS chest shoulders and triceps. Even took advantage of the minute rest with squats piles leg lifts, kicks whatever I could do. After, I finished; out the door I went for a nice long walk 1 hr 30 minutes. Glad I pushed myself

Debbie lol I’ve been going pretty hard myself, 4 week weigh in sat eek, I really don’t think it’s going to be that good, due to my poor choices mainly SWEETS. Nice workout...hm thinking do I have CC3 hm.....

Jolie- You go! Kick butt workout, nice

Diane Sue - Nice work always. I totally forgot about X train series, it was one of my favorite. After Meso 3 not sure what I’m going to do, thought about P90, will see.

I’m off to Walmart for grapefruit fruits, and water. Have a great day everyone

Reactions: WD
Jolie, nice work today. I know you must be proud of your son and he is probably very excited for this opportunity. I really need to get out and do some shopping. I was scoping the cabinets today and ate a couple of spoons of peanut butter. I usually will grab some plain yogurt or kefir and drop in some walnuts and dried cherry cranberries or dark chocolate chips and eat it when I get an urge for some sweet, along with some protein if I have it. Today I nibbled on dates. The sugar cookies me and my 4 year old grandson made was starting to look pretty good ;) I left them alone though. Maybe I will get out tomorrow.

Doz, sometimes when I am really not feeling a workout, I get the best workouts in. Nice work today and glad you pushed yourself to do it.

Today I wanted to do a Total Body so I decided to do High Reps. I usually HATE high rep workouts but I needed a change and this one fit the bill. I did the upper body premix only and weird that it didn't have the back work on it, instead it had the ab work on it. I almost just stopped it after chest and was going to select the back portion but then decided my abs needed the work more than my back, so I did the premix as is. Had a great burning workout, this one is tough. Cathe goes on forever with these exercises.

Workout was 41 minutes, burned 220 calories. Avg HR was 117 Max was 144.

Walked on my treadmill for the rest of the hour. 20 minutes, went 1 mile, burned 106 calories and went 2463 steps. HR was 84/128.

Diane Sue - I'm hoping the change will give me more of a calorie burn. I'm enjoying cardio right now so I want to do more of that before summer. Nice going with your workout!!

Jolie - Honestly, I wouldn't be bragging about going the Cleveland Browns. From the ownership to the management, the team is horribly ran. But hey, getting paid millions for moving a ball around is pretty good. :) Sorry, I'm pretty jaded when it comes to the Browns. Nice job with your workout! I have to see if I have Powerstrike, I think I do. Every time you do that workout I keep meaning to go look for it.

DOZ - I hear ya, girl. My eating has been so off (but only on the weekends). I need to reel it in or I'll be sorry.

Roselyn - Nice job keeping with the Beast!! Hope you have a great workout today!

Debbie, I too hate the Cleveland Browns but they make the same amount of money as they do on say The Dallas Cowboys!!!! I am a Patriot Fan! But, it was exciting that some NFL Players sought him out to talk to him based on his physique. My son just wants to play long enough to bank some money to open his own business. He is always thinking how to make some big money! :)

I am really tired today so I am not sure what I will do for my workout. I am thinking about doing an upper body workout from Cathe Live. I am going to look through them on youtube and decide. Be back later to post.

Today I did Urban Rebounding Extreme Metabolic Training with Gay Gasper, Cardio Metabolic Intervals using 2# sand weights through the cardio strength and 3# dumbbells for the final strength core segment, 54 minutes, heart rate average 136, max 178, 375 calories, 4,225 steps, met 6.3. I then put in Tracey Long Core Movements and did the workout on the disc that works, I think it is the Push Back one, and also did the core warm up on what I think is Bottoms Up. After that warm up , her voice is giving the cuing for Push Back and she is doing moves for what I believe is bottoms up. I was confused with it yesterday. The workout I did today is great. It has band walks and clams, core and more with a soft med ball, posture, and mobility stretch. She really does have some great stretch and mobility work on her workouts. This was 43 minutes, heart rate average 99, max 150, 565 steps, met 3.0, 142 calories. Total time was 97 minutes, 517 calories burned.

Debbie, I haven't done high reps in quite some time. Nice work today. I forget the format of some of the workouts that I have not done in awhile and sometimes am disappointed that it is not what I was thinking I was going to be doing.

Jolie, your son sounds like a smart young man ;)

Quick check in, I’m headed out the door going for a walk. Got up bright an early I did Kick Punch And Crunch And LesMill’s Core Attack. After that FINALLY washed and rolled my hair, set under the dryer for 40 minutes, took my puppy for a walk, ate breakfast and now going for a nice pleasant walk. Man that was a mouth full, lol. I’ll check back later to she what you ladies are up to.

Today I did Cathe Live, Pumped Upper Body, (2-15-18) and it was great! It was a lot of reps and it moved very fast. Now that I have all of the exercises written down with the weights that I used, the next time I do the workout it will probably flow better. Workout was 55 minutes, includes the time for set up, and I burned 407 calories. My average heart rate was 122 and my max was 170. Each Super Set or Giant Set was 3 times around. Almost all the exercises were to a 2/2 count which made it hard. There was really no rest periods at all except to set up for the next set of exercises. You all should try this workout it was great!

Sweeper Bicep Curls- 15# x 12 ( 3 times around )
Upright Rows- 12# x 12

W Curls- 12# x 12 ( 3 times around )
Front Raise to Rear Raise- 8# x 12

Standing Bicep isolation Holds to curls- 10# x 6 sets, multiple holds with curls

Lying Triceps Ext- 12# x 12 ( 3 times around )
Close Grip Chest Press- 15# x 8 alternating to 8 two arms ( hard!)
Rear Flies Standing- 8# x 10 (5 second rest) x 8
DB Pullovers- 12# each x 12

Chest Press- 20# x 12 ( 3 times around )
Chest Flies- 15# x 12
Seated Overhead Press Palms facing inward- 15# x 12
2 Arm Kickbacks- 8# x 12

1 Arm Rows- 25# x 12 ( 3 time around )
Lateral Raises- 8# x 12

Hammer Curls- 12# x 12, x 12, x 12 ( 5 second rest between sets ) I added this into the workout.

ABS

Diane Sue,
nice rebounder workout today, I am glad you enjoyed it. I have never done one of those workouts before, they sound easy on the joints. Good job on the calorie burn!

Debbie, High Reps, I have that workout but haven't done it in a while. I love the triceps workout in it, I throw it into some of my workouts at the end.

DOZ, wow you have done a lot today!!!! Good job with the workout and a walk outside! It is cold and cloudy here today, a high of 62 degrees. It is supposed to be close to 90 degrees by the end of the week. I live in Southern California so this cool weather is a treat for sure!

Roselyn, have a nice workout. You should try the one I did today if you haven't already...

Have a nice day.

Crazy frustrating day today. My car that they "fixed in November" while still under warranty (not now) is not starting again. My husband was needing it as his needs new shocks :( Not a good combination.

Doz, nice workout today. You have been busy for sure.

Jolie, that live workout looks good. I have a spiral notebook that I wrote out some of the live workouts in that I have done. Someday maybe I will start it up again. We have some rain storms coming tomorrow. Part of the state is having tornado warnings right now, but not near us. We do not have a shelter at this home.

OMG I am so sore today!! Yesterday's workout really made me sore, even my abs are talking to me today! Woo hoo!!

Today I did the treadmill app workout I created called Jogs & Sprints. This is the one I want to master by the end of summer. I did ok with it this morning, but still had to slow down or walk in certain parts of the workout. All in all, it was a great workout.

Workout was 50 minutes, ran 3.75 miles (TM said 3.52 which is weird), burned 355 calories (TM said 502, not sure why my calorie burn is so low) and went 7429 steps. Avg HR was 123 Max was 188.

Jolie - Yep, the Browns suck, no way around it. Glad your son had fun, though, and I agree with Diane, he sounds like a very smart young man! Excellent workout yesterday. Is there any way to check out the online workouts Cathe has before paying? Or is there a trial period to use them? I'll have to check it out. These workouts sound so fun!!

Diane Sue - Bummer on your car, you have a Chevy something, right? Why can't they figure out what is going on with it? How frustrating. Great workout, sounds like you really enjoyed it!

DOZ - Nice job with KPC, I should do that one on Friday. I love the ab work in that one. I might, or at least some kind of KB workout. Glad you were able to get some things done that you couldn't before. I think we need like 5 more hours in a day!!!

Have great workouts everyone!

Debbie, go on YouTube and type in Cathe Friedrich live workouts and you can preview all of the Live workouts. This is how I preview the workouts and decide which one I am going to do for the next day. The previews are great, they are about 3 to 5 minutes long so you can get a real look at what the workout will be.

Diane Sue, that is so frustrating about the car! I hate having car issues, I am so glad I got a new one before the problems started to happen.

Be back later after I workout. I am extremely tired today, poor sleep due to a lot of stress. I am not sure what to do since I am tired. I would go out and walk but it is actually raining lightly at the moment so that's out. It snowed at my parents house in Big Bear last night, totally white like a winter wonderland.

This morning I did Les Mills Combat Ultimate Warrior, 54 minutes, 357 calories, met 6.0, 4,558 steps, heart rate average 135, max 177. I then did X Train burn sets biceps and triceps, 42 minutes, 204 calories, met 4.0, heart rate average 110, max 155, 790 steps. Total time was 96 minutes and calories burned 561.
Weights
biceps curls 20# dbs, 10,10,10 reps
simultaneous rotational curl 20# 24,24,16 reps
seated concentration curl 20# 10,10,10 reps
crazy 8's 12# dbs 24 reps
triceps push ups 3 sets
flat bench triceps extensions 15# dbs, 10,10, 12 reps
one arm kickbacks 15# 10,10,12 reps
standing overhead triceps extensions tubing
I really have to run. I need to start family dinner in the slow cooker and call and see what I can do with the car.

I actually pulled it together and worked out today. I am extremely sleep deprived but needed a workout to calm my nerves. I did pretty well despite how I feel. I did PowerStrike 6 using 1 pound weighted gloves. Workout was 55 minutes and I burned 567 calories, that includes my cool down and stretch. I didn't give it my all but I did my best. Average heart rate was 131 and my max was 176.

Diane
Sue, nice job on the Les Mills today! That is a tough one but I love it! Have a nice time at your family dinner tonight.

DOZ, I will check back in later to see what you did today for your workout.

Roselyn, I hope you are getting your workouts in this week. I know you are so busy planning your daughters wedding!

Have a nice day.

Hey guys,

Busy day! I’m TIRED! But I wanted to check in before I fall asleep. Today’s workout went for a nice walk, it was so beautiful this morning, 1 hr 20 minutes came back and did STS back and biceps. I’ve been ripping and running all day. Have a good night everyone.

Debbie, nice work. That calorie burn does seem kind of low for the rest of the stats. I don't remember Cathe having a free preview. I paid for one month at 9.99 just to try the workouts out and the cancelled. It was nice having the variety. I just missed having a complete run down and workout card.

Jolie, the thing is that my car only has 12,500 miles on it. It is not driven crazy mileage. I had a towing service come out through the dealership and he found that the battery cable was loose and moving around. He tightened them all up and did not ask me to sign anything. It is so odd because it did this a couple of weeks ago and I left it sit and ate lunch and went back out and it started, just like before when they couldn't figure it out and used their electronic devices. They changed the anti theft module in it. They had told me since my car was less than 5 years old and low mileage the Chevrolet road service would probably not charge me anything. So, I called and cancelled the service and went to the grocery store :) I wanted to check it out more before my husband needs to use it for work tomorrow. Next is checking out cost to fix his Range Rover. That is good that you pulled it together and did the workout. I am sure it probably helped you relax some.
I didn't know that Cathe had the clips of the live workouts on youtube. That makes sense though as she has the clips on facebook.

Doz, nice job with the workout even with running all day.

Hi to Roselyn :)

Today I did Low Impact Total Body Express. I had a great workout, this one was tough. I didn't do all the leg work, but did 4 exercises. Really felt it.

Legs
Elevated Lunges:
12's - 16 reps
Dumbbell Squats: - 20's - 16 reps
Dumbbell Deadlifts: - 20's - 16 reps
One-Legged Lunges: - 5's - 10 each leg - these burned!

Upper Body
Soldier Plank Pushups:
16 reps
Shoulder Incline Press: 12's/16 reps
Lying Triceps Extension on Ball: 12's/16 reps
Cross-Over Leg Pushups: 16 reps
Incline Shoulder Arches: 8's/15 reps
Plank Kickbacks: 8#/12 reps
Alternate Chest Flyes: 15's/16 reps
External Rotation Lateral Raise: 8's/10 reps
See-Saw Pushups: 10 reps
One Arm Row w/Leg Lift: 25#/15 reps
Incline Curls on Ball: 15's/16 reps
Ball Crunches: 8#/16 reps
Stability Ball Pullover: 15#/16 reps
Standing Alternate Dumbbell Curls: 15's/16 reps
Ball Exchange: 10 reps
Rear Delt Flies: 5's/12 reps (these were the smiley exercise)
Concentration Hammer Curls: 15#/15 reps
Reverse Crunches w/Stability Ball: 32 reps

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 216 calories and HR was 114/149.

Then I got on my treadmill and did the Tabata workout. Love this one and had a great 14 minute workout. Sweat was flyin'!!

Workout was 14 minutes, ran .96 miles, burned 111 calories and went 1965 steps. HR was 136/181.

So I was looking at the summary of the foods I've been eating and 46% of my eating is fat. Holy smokes!!! That should be half that number. I'm going to have to change up my diet a bit because I shouldn't be eating that much fat, even though it is all good fat. I eat nuts several times a day, I guess I'll have to knock that back a few. I am a big fan of cashews and almond butter.

Diane Sue - Do you have a Trax? I thought I remember you had the same vehicle as I do? I hope that issue doesn't keep happening, how annoying. And with Cathe's streaming, I guess $10 a month isn't too bad and you can cancel at any time. I may try it out.

Jolie - Thanks for letting me know Cathe puts clips on YouTube, I will check them out. How cool. I may try it out soon. Nice job getting your workout in. Sorry you are so stressed again. Is your son acting out again?

DOZ - Nice job with your workout, dang, you go girl!!!

Hope you all have great workouts!!

Yesterday, I was so tired, 3 days of walking and working out caught up with me lol. Today’s workout was short I did Cardio Coach #8 I did a slow steady jog, just wanted to burn a few calories. D 2:75 , T: 60:00, C: 315. Headed to Mart’s I’ll check back soon.

Debbie- power workout Nices

Jolie- Great job pushing yourself and getting through PowerStrike, Nice work.

Diane Sue - Nice work! Nice combination.

Today I did Urban Rebounding Extreme for cardio doing URX-MT Amy Bento Bootcamp first 15 minutes (too much jumping both feet on and off the rebounder) 101 calories, heart rate 133 average, 173 max, 1,275 steps, met 6.1. I then did URX-MT Amy Bento Kickbox Metabolic Intervals which is a favorite with some off and on the rebounder but not flying both feet off and on. This was 54 minutes, average heart rate 135, max 177, 387 calories, met 6.5, 4,519 steps. I finished off with Fit Split Bonus Abs 13 minutes, met 3.5, 50 calories, 231 steps. TOtal time was 82 minutes, 538 calories, steps so far this morning is 6,791. I have been getting a lot more steps lately with the different cardio and doing spring work inside and outside. :)

Debbie, nice work on the express workout and tabata workout. I have a Chevy Spark. I usually am in that range on fat%, but my carbs are generally fairly low by most standards. I am okay with that range, but when it hits the upper 50's and 60's I have a problem with it and holding fat. I guess it is knowing how your body metabolizes everything. I have nuts pretty much every day in my salad and sometimes my own makeshift trail mix with a bit of dried cherry cranberries, nuts, hemp seed, and raw sunflower seeds. Whatever I have in the house. This does not bother me so much as the nut butters that can really add up the fat calories fast. I have been more conscientious of the fat content of my protein sources lately. With Paleo at first it worked well and I think it was because I was afraid of all of the fat in the recipes and I hedged on the light side of everything. Then I started getting brave and adding more and it quit working so well. So, I am back to cautiousness. More chicken and ground turkey and some fish. It is hard to get decent fish though. The last couple of days I have eaten a few things that I really should not have because I was so hungry and nothing handy that was healthy. I really needed to go to the store. Yesterday I picked up some plain kefir and a couple of apples along with eggs. I swear I was running out of everything and without running vehicles I could not get to the store.

Doz, I will probably be doing no workout or a short workout on Saturday because we are moving my granddaughters things that morning to the apartment that her and her husband to be will be living in and celebrating her college graduation and getting ready to start law school.
A short workout is nice just to get the blood flowing and some mobility in there for the day :)

I did Cathe Live Upper Body Scultping and boy did it kick my butt! I added in a few extra exercises here and there to really get a good burn. My workout was 1 hour 5 minutes and I burned 502 calories. Average heart rate was 114 and max was 150. I also added an extra ab exercise in at the end.

Shoulders:
Seated Alt. Overhead Press- 15# x 8, Two arms- 15# x 8, Alt. arms- 15# x 8 ( no rest!)
Rear Flies- 10# x 10, x 10, x 10 ( 5 second rest between sets!)
Thumbs up Lateral Raise- 8# x 8 super set into
Lateral Raise-8# x 8 super set into
Alt. front raise- 8# x 8 ( repeat Giant Set one more time!)
Green Band Pulls x 100
Shoulder Circles, 5# x 4 low, x 4 med, x 4 high and back down again. Repeated two more times.
Seated 2 arm shoulder press- 15# x 16, x 16

Back:
1 Arm Rows- 25# x 16, x 16 ( 2 rounds of this circuit)
Lat Pull Downs- 50# x 16, x 16
Pullovers- 24# x 16, x 16
1 Arm Horz. Rows- 15# x 16, x 16
Deadlifts- 20# x 16 didn't do the last set I was afraid to hurt my back

Chest:
Chest Flies- 15# x 16, x 16 ( 2 rounds)
Chest Press- 20# x 16, x 16 was supposed to be pushups but those hurt my shoulder
Close Grip Chest Press- 15# x 20, x 20

Triceps:
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12# x 16, x 16 ( 2 rounds)
Lying Ext. Particals- 10# x multi rounds, repeat
Cross Body lying Ext- 10# x 16, x 16
1 Arm Kickbacks- 8# x 16, x 16

Biceps:
Traditional Curls- 15# x 16, x 16 ( 2 rounds )
W Curls- 12# x 16, x 16
Hammer Curls- 15# x 16, x 16
Hammer Curls with a twist- 12# x 16, x 16
Preacher Curls- 12# x 16 didn't do the last set I was fried!

ABS
OMG!!! This was a great workout.

Debbie,
good job on your workout today. I ate almost all carbs yesterday!!! What a Pig I am! Whenever I start doing a lot of cardio I crave carbs! I have to get it together myself, but I know I eat wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy worse than you! All we can do is try and workout hard each day. Watch the workouts on YouTube, you will love them. For $10 you get so many to choose from and they are hard!!! Yes my son is doing better but I think he will not be allowed back to his school next year. :( Breaks my heart, he will miss his friends so much and what an opportunity that will be missed. It is actually killing me, the whole family. I just cant get him to sit down and do his school work or study for tests. He hates it and has given up because he dug himself into such a deep hole there is no coming out of it at this point. Also, it would cost $6,500 in tuition ( that's with 3/4 financial aid!) $2000 for his SERP class that helps him with his learning disability and $3000 for summer school. Football next year is an additional $4000 on top of all that! My husband doesn't want to pay, and I don't blame him, if he doesn't want to put enough effort into it to go to a good college. Then my parents call me everyday to talk about it and I am done!!!!!! On top of that, I have to talk to college councilors, teachers, SERP instructors, football coaches and my son all the time to get through this year. I feel like I have gone to school. On top of that I helped him with his online class the last four months just to relieve some stress off of him!!!! oh, and that cost $800! I'm basically burned out and done.:(:mad::eek:o_O

DOZ, great job on walking and working out this week. I am extremely tired myself, it is really starting to catch up with me. I love feeling tired at the end of the day, but I still have a hard time falling asleep!

Diane Sue, my mom was having a ton of weird issues with her car and she found out that the rats and chipmunks were eating her wiring in her car and shifting cables too! Look into that issue. When they go to Big Bear is when the little guys would get up into her car. She now has to park it in the garage. Nice job on the workout today!

Have a nice day.

Jolie, great sounding workout today. I am sorry that you are having such a hard time encouraging your son. I guess he had to make the choice whether he wanted to work hard enough to stay or not. I know private school is an enormous cost. Sports, cheerleading and other activities are also costly. My granddaughter had some tutoring on the side, I think for math. She has done well though and has some scholarships that she got for college next year. Are you going to put your son in public school? He will find that is so different. Does he have any interests for a job in the future? Maybe a trade school?
I have heard of people having squirrels and mice chewing up car wiring. I will have to check that out. When the guy pulled up the hood I did not see any wiring that looked bad. My husband usually is good about making sure the engine is clean and taking care of the vehicles. Mine is parked outside though as we have only enough room in the garage for the Range Rover and the motorcycle. Unless you can't walk around in the garage. My husband moved things around yesterday and put the motorcycle up next to the door that goes into the kitchen and squeezed in the Spark, which is small, with a couple of inches to spare last night when the storms hit. We don't take chances on hail damage. There were tornado warnings in some parts of the state. The storm died down a bit before it reached us this time.

Today I did Cardio Coach 4 and had a great workout. No dread factor with this one anymore so I will incorporate it in my rotations a bit more. It's hard, though, no way around it.

Workout was 45 minutes, went 3.43 miles, burned 331 calories (TM said 457) and went 6649 steps. HR was 126/204. Never hit 204, that was not a correct reading. 177 is more like it.

Jolie - I checked out some of Cathe's live workouts on YouTube. How cool that they are on there. I will definitely get a subscription soon. I'm sorry you are so stressed out about your son, that situation is just not good. So what school will he have to go to next year? What grade is he in?

Diane Sue - For some reason I thought you had the same car I have. I wonder what's going on with yours? Interesting on the theory it could be mice, that is a possibility. I do need to change up my eating so I will start that next week and try to get some of the fat out. My carbs are around 40% and protein is 20%, I need to raise my protein and lower my fat and carbs. We'll see, I hate being too strict with my eating, I'm not competing or anything. I just like my abs to look defined and they don't right now. Nice job on your workout!!

DOZ - CC #8 is a dread factor to me, but maybe I should revisit it. I don't think it has sprints in it and that is what I like to do. I might try it next week. Nice job on all your workouts this week!

Roselyn - Where are you?

Have great workouts and a great weekend everyone!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.