HARDCORE FITNESS MANIAC HOTTIES FOR THURS 9-24

buttercup78

Cathlete
Yesterday was the new KCM cardio blast dvd. I did the step with 2 plyo moves premix. Workout was 40 minutes and I burned 737 calories. I really enjoyed this workout. Today I am going to run with DH (we'll see if he actually works out with me-he usually never does).

Hope everyone has great workouts
TTYL
Theresa

Last edited:
Today was cardio and I did one of my Cardio Coach premixes. It was 45 minutes and I had a fairly good workout. Wasn't much in the cardio mood this morning but I pulled it out. Then I did the ab workout from Oxygen that I was doing a while ago. That one always makes me sore.

The cardio included:

MIXED #2 – 45 Minutes
Track 1 V701: Warm Up – 4 min.
Track 2 V702: Steady State – 3:50 min.
Track 3 V703: Challenge 1: 4 – 3 min. Level 3 endurance intervals (your choice of climbs or sprints); 3 min. at Level 2
Track 4 V6s05: Steady State – 3 minutes
Track 5 V302: Challenge 1: 6 – 30 second sprints, 30 second rest (Level 3)
Track 6 V706: Steady State – 3:50 min.
Track 7 V305: Challenge 3: 4 – 10 second sprints, 30 second rest (Level 4)
Track 8 V307: Cool down

The ab work was:

Hanging Knee Lifts
Bench V-Ups
Bench Reverse Crunch

***Did all these as tri-sets. Did 3 sets with 15, 12 and 10 reps. 1 minute rest between each tri-set. Really got a good burn with it.

HR STATS - Cardio & Abs
1 hour total
6 minutes below zone
24 minutes in zone
32 minute above zone
2.8 miles travelled
482 calories burned

I did Chalean Extreme Fat Burn Intervals this morning. Workout was 65" and I burned 580 calories. Max HR was only 150. I'm a bit tired this morning...as I need more sleep. I work another open to close today.

did cardio as well. I walked on the incline TM and did light handweights the entire time. HR got up to 150 - not to bad for walking. I was dripping sweat. I sweat like a fountain. I had a hard time cooling down. I may be having hot flashes!!! OH NO!!!

Tuesday was nothing for me, but cleaning house but sure nice to get that all finished. Halle was home from school because she woke up with her throat swollen and sore, and swine flu, strep and a stomach bug are going around her school - nice, huh? So, we stayed in. She began to feel better later in the day and seems to be fine since. Her first triathlon (a kid's race) is this weekend so she better be well!! I had a chat with her about how the immune system works - a little science mixed in for the day.

Yesterday, I did STS legs, Meso 1, week 3. I will be so glad when this meso is over with. That said, it is certainly effective - I am feeling it today. So strange that last time, I did not feel it so much. I am basically using the same weights. Oh well. Then I did ab work. Of course, it would have been P90X week for me, but Mark, as you know, took my DVDs in the end. He has not done anything the whole week :mad: I know he has been busy with work but if he knew it was busy, and he wouldn't make time, then I wish he would have left them here. I just kept quiet when he said he hadn't done anything. Of course, I will make sure he tries to figure a way to get the DVDs copied onto his computer. And, on the upside, I will be that much closer to the end of Meso 1 since I did it 2 weeks in a row :D Now, I think I will do it next week too, just to be finished.

My eating has been good, as far as macros are concerned - I have just not been eating enough, as usual. I really think I would explode if I ate the calories I am supposed to eat. I did find this milk at HEB called Mootopia. It is lactose free, which I need, has very few sugars and 12 grams of protein per 8oz, and they have a skim. My body just craves the milk. They also make a chocolate which is supposed to be an excellent recovery drink. I drink it mixed with the plain, and add some Cheerios sometimes. For now, I am staying away from the protein powder, even though I had just bought a humongous jar of the stuff not long ago. Dang. I need to start using it in recipes. And I seem to do ok as long as I don't drink it all at once.

Oh joy - no school tomorrow! I need the sleep.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Just doing my own thing for now. Worked Shoulders/Back/Abs yesterday:

Overhead Presses 25's 3/8 (need to move up to 30's next time..can't believe these are getting easy now, lol)
Front Lat Raises 15's 3/8
Raises with 20# bb 3/8 (too easy..next time I will add 5# to it)
Bent Over Flyes 20's 3/8

Lat Pulldowns 90# 3/8
Lawnmowers 45's 3/8
Double Arm Rows 40's 3/8

Abs: various crunches

Today: Triceps/Biceps.

Debbie,

You make your workouts fun and interesting by what I am reading and so very nice burn!

Theresa,

My husband use to workout with me. He hasn't worked out in awhile now. I wish he would start again for the sake of his health. Great job though!

Shana,

Sorry to hear of your frustration with Mark and the video's. That is aggravating. I hear you on diet too. Sometimes it is hard for me to get 3 eggs down in the morning as I feel like I will barf, but on the flipside, if I purposely try not to eat enough then I walk around feeling like someone pulled out all my wiring and I fizzle. hehe. Balance..that is all! So nice to have your house clean, ahhhhh..what a good feeling. Miss talking to you more. I do understand how busy it gets though. I need to wash my car.

Lora,

Great workout! Hope things are going good at work for you. I haven't been on here much to hear.

Ally,

Sounds like a sweatfest..great job!

Well now I feel all sweaty just reading all the workouts. I haven't done much cardio at all lately..just mostly weights now.

I wanted to burn some good calories today. Workout was 95 minutes and I burned 860 calories Max HR was 160. I started with Kelly's 30 miutes to fitness cardio blast premix Cardio Plyo Plus 49 minutes and burned 482 calories. Then I put in her Cardio Kick Stepboxing and skipped the w/up so workout was 44 minutes and I burned another 378 calories. I wore my weighted gloves throughout both workouts. I have never used them during Step Boxing before. It kicks it up a bit. Tomorrow will be STS Meso 2 back and biceps.

I just wanted to say that I cannot believe how freakin' sore I am. My biceps are so sore they hurt. :eek: It takes a lot for me to get sore biceps so I am happy about this. I'm loving Meso 2. My back is sore as well. And my legs are still sore from Monday's workout.

Debbie - Yipee! On the Bicep DOMS!

This morning I did 4DS HIS/LIS cardio and worked it hard. My HR was in the 170's most of the time.:p Workout was 57 minutes and I burned 519 calories.

Been fighting a horrendous headache most of the day.:(:(:(

Here is yesterday's Plyo Legs:

Squats (dumbbell) 12/35#
Down- Up Jumps Step Up with Hand Weights (dumbell) 12/20's
Butt Kicks Over Step
Close Stance One Leg Squats (dumbbell) 12/20's
Rock Climbers on Floor
Drop Side Lunge onto Step (dumbbell) 12/25#
Straddle Down jump Up with Knee Lift
Back Lunge Alternating off Step (dumbbell) 12/25's
Explosive Running Man
Deadlifts Wide Stance (dumbbell) 12/40's
Lateral Crossovers on Step with Weight 8#
Drop Side Lunge on Floor into Leg Abduction (dumbbell) 12/25#
Squat thrust and Jump onto box and Step Off
Alternating Front Lunge (dumbbell) 12/25's
Lunge taps on Step with Finger tips touching
Static Lunge (dumbell) 12/30's
Half Turn Jumps Right Side 8#
One Leg Sit N Slide with Paper Plate 12/25#
Plyo Jacks
Plie Squats Alternating Hand (dumbbell) 12/42#
Tuck Jumps
One Leg Elevated Lunges 12/20's
Half Turn Jumps Left Side 8#
Sit N Stands (dumbbell) 12/20#
Power Scissors
Alternating
Sequential Lunge Into Front Kick Combo 12/20's
Slow Air jacks

Linda - Nice workout! :eek: I am actually looking forward to those. And I hate legs. Yes, I'm excited about my bi's being sore. 2nd week in a row. Looking forward to tomorrows workout! I'll be starting week 3 of Meso 2.

Debbie - I am jealous of your DOMS. :p I was sore with Meso 2 but not that sore! Plyo Legs is fun and boy do you feel like your torching fat like mad because your HR is just non-stop.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.