Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 8/26

Diane Sue,

I know. I am not responding to it anymore because there was not much a "come back" to what I had to say anyways and so no need to put anymore energy into a discussion with some of the negative people on there.

Char - Go back to the thread, LauraMax asked you a question, she seems interested in the stuff.

Char: Asshats, most of them! :D

Linda: LOVE the DD pictures- don't you love that you are teaching your daughter how exercise is a fun, healthy activity? I always let Mags come downstairs and do the stretch with me and she loves it. I have a mat that goes on top of my step and never use it, so it is her yoga mat. :)

Yeah, I can't lose my 5-8 pounds, either. It doesn't help that I fall off the wagon and eat everything in sight about once a month. :rolleyes:

Now OFF the computer Patti! :eek: (BBL. Shhhh.)

Seems I've missed out on a lot of discussion. Work is constantly crazy, I barely have time to breathe. I hear you on the weight issue. I would like to throw this in to the mix as food for thought.

I've been reading about plastics and hormones etc...I switched to grass fed beef and chicken last week and have noticed a small difference. No hormones, steroids, etc. Also, I was using plastic containers to microwave food at work which emits estrogen-which causes weight gain especially in the hip, thigh, stomach area. So I switched to pyrex. I don't store anything in plastic, I drink out of a glass (not a plastic one). My point is maybe you are doing everything right but it's little hidden culprits everywhere that are causing us to fight a losing battle. My aunt is a two time cancer survivor and she swears by the grass fed meat-she eats all organic but it can be very costly.

Deb-Maybe more HIIT would be a good change from any steady state. Short and sweet? I keep reading more and more about how much better it and how can you beat a 20-30 minute workout that burns the same calories as a 50 minute one?

Diane Sue- I love cake, but I try not to eat it. I love icing. Terrible, I know
Patti-nice to see you back !!!

Oh and I did work out yesterday. Mindy Mylrea's Awesome Intervals 1-4. 24 minutes 381 calories. Not a bad workout even though she is annoying.

TTYL

Linda: LOVE the DD pictures- don't you love that you are teaching your daughter how exercise is a fun, healthy activity? I always let Mags come downstairs and do the stretch with me and she loves it. I have a mat that goes on top of my step and never use it, so it is her yoga mat. :)

Yeah, I can't lose my 5-8 pounds, either. It doesn't help that I fall off the wagon and eat everything in sight about once a month. :rolleyes:

Now OFF the computer Patti! :eek: (BBL. Shhhh.)

Patti - Thanks! DD often joins me for the stretch as well. Funny thing was is she went to the basement to collect all that equipment herself, I wasn't even working out at that point. She had to have a barbell, a mat , a stability ball and dumbbells just like Cathe, because I told her to sub db's for the bb and she wouldn't have it.

I've been reading about plastics and hormones etc...I switched to grass fed beef and chicken last week and have noticed a small difference. No hormones, steroids, etc. Also, I was using plastic containers to microwave food at work which emits estrogen-which causes weight gain especially in the hip, thigh, stomach area. So I switched to pyrex. I don't store anything in plastic, I drink out of a glass (not a plastic one). My point is maybe you are doing everything right but it's little hidden culprits everywhere that are causing us to fight a losing battle. My aunt is a two time cancer survivor and she swears by the grass fed meat-she eats all organic but it can be very costly.

TTYL

Theresa - Thanks. And I wish it was that easy for me. But I don't eat meat so no steriods or hormones for me, and I microwave everything in glass.

Oh pooh Linda, I didn't know you were a vegetarian. Are you vegan? I wish I had the answer...some of that stuff I said really was like a light bulb going off for me. Also, do you use soy products? I have read in several studies that soy (not tofu but soy milk etc.) inhibit the thyroid from functioning properly and increases estrogen. Again, I wish I had the answers. It's very frustrating when you work out and eat right and nothing happens....
Theresa

Charlotte, I pretty much weigh myself once a month unless I am really worried which does not happen very often. I am glad that you are not responding to that thread much but you do need to look for the positive:)

Linda, that is funny about your dd being a brute in the making. Even my dd's worked out with me to Cathe and (should I say Kathy Smith) whom I still think draws a lot of women. ) One dd was worried because I sold all of my workout vhs tapes and she loved the Kathy Smith. I had a workout of hers on record LOL I really do mean a record. I think that my family has finally, after many years, succombed to the fact that I like workout things more than anything else for presents. Birthday tomorrow and I think I may get some workout clothes, maybe a pullup bar for the door. I think DH is sort of at a loss LOL He had me order Cathe's Shock Cardio at the start and expected them to be here. It always take so much longer:confused:. And the funny thing is this year I do not really care. OK I think I got long winded LOL

Debbie, I was hoping lowering cardio would work. I guess not. I would much rather do weights than cardio myself. I might seem like a cardio junkie but it keeps me where I want to be. I just have to hunt for things that I find sort of fun to do.

Theresa, on some cakes the icing is the only thing I want to eat. But I really hate the icing that tastes like shortening and powdered sugar.(which is most) That is like just dipping into a vat of grease if you ask me. Now if it is German chocolate icing. You know the coconut pecan one, I could just eat that and I would be happy LOL

Oh pooh Linda, I didn't know you were a vegetarian. Are you vegan? I wish I had the answer...some of that stuff I said really was like a light bulb going off for me. Also, do you use soy products? I have read in several studies that soy (not tofu but soy milk etc.) inhibit the thyroid from functioning properly and increases estrogen. Again, I wish I had the answers. It's very frustrating when you work out and eat right and nothing happens....
Theresa

Theresa
- I was vegan for about three years, then had my son and guess what he was allergic to....yup, soy. So I had to give up all soy while I breastfed, so back came the dairy and the eggs. He did finally outgrow the allergy. And no I don't use too many soy products because I consider most of them heavily processed.

Linda, that is funny about your dd being a brute in the making. Even my dd's worked out with me to Cathe and (should I say Kathy Smith) whom I still think draws a lot of women. ) One dd was worried because I sold all of my workout vhs tapes and she loved the Kathy Smith. I had a workout of hers on record LOL I really do mean a record. I think that my family has finally, after many years, succombed to the fact that I like workout things more than anything else for presents. Birthday tomorrow and I think I may get some workout clothes, maybe a pullup bar for the door. I think DH is sort of at a loss LOL He had me order Cathe's Shock Cardio at the start and expected them to be here. It always take so much longer:confused:. And the funny thing is this year I do not really care. OK I think I got long winded LOL

Debbie, I was hoping lowering cardio would work. I guess not. I would much rather do weights than cardio myself. I might seem like a cardio junkie but it keeps me where I want to be. I just have to hunt for things that I find sort of fun to do.

DianeSue
- That's funny about the Kathy Smith workout on RECORD!:eek: I am with you on the fitness equipment for gifts. And finally, I wish the extra cardio would work for me. For the past two weeks I put a huge effort into putting in a second workout each day either running or walking ...and my results....NOTHING, I am still at the same darn weight!:mad:

Cute pics of your little girl, Linda! my mom used to have this cute little one pound hot pink set of dumbbells for my niece. She used to love to snag those and "work out" when mom and I were exercising. It's the cutest. =)

Yeah...I had to go check out that monavie discussion...definitely got unnecessarily negative. People should be able to disagree without being mean.

Well, tonight was Muscle Max timesaver minus abs, since I did those yesterday, but I added in some calves. Now I feel all down. I guess it's because of work but maybe it's wierd hormones from being about to start my period...I don't know, but definitely blue. Not usually how I feel right after a workout. Guess going to bed is the best thing at this point.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.