Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 8/26

Today was STS Meso 1, Week 4, Disc 12, Legs. Had a good workout, was sweating like crazy by the end. I was only able to do one of the bonus exercises becasue I had to start dinner for tonight. I made something in my slow cooker. Should have started a bit earlier.

This is suppose to be my last week, but our vacation doesn't start for another week so I figure I'll repeat one of the meso 1 cycle next week. I'll just do 5 weeks of meso 1 instead of only 4.

Warmup:
Squats ( 16 reps) + DB Plie Squats - 15's/ 16 reps each exercise
4 Point alternating Lunge (ft/45/SD/BK) - BW
Firewalkers (band) - Green Band/tons of reps

Workout:
One Leg Elevated Lunges - 15#/6 reps different rep counts
Deadlifts Wide Stance (dumbbell) - 25's/15 reps
Front Lunge Same Leg (dumbbell) - 15's/15 reps
Squats (dumbbell) - 35's/16 reps
Calf Raises (body weight) - 35's/40 reps
Leg Press (dumbbell, High Step) - 20#/15 reps each side
One Leg Slide Back Lunges with Paper Plate (dumbbell) - 12's/16 reps each side (stupid plate exercise!)
Side Slide Lunges with Paper Plate - 15#/16 reps each side (stupid plate exercise!)
Stiff Legged Deadlift on Platform (dumbell) - 25's/15 reps
Wall Squats Double Leg - BW/8 reps different rep count
Lateral Step Ups (dumbbell) - 15#/15 reps
One Leg Sit N Stands - 10#/15 reps each leg (I don't like this exercise at all. It's too hard for me to keep my one leg up.)
Squats Narrow Stance (dumbbell) - 30's/15 reps
Calf Raises (body weight) - 30's/40 reps
One Leg Deadlift (Toes Elevated) 3/1 Count - 15#/12 reps each side
Static Low End Lunge Same Leg 3/1 Count - 12's/12 reps
One Leg Sit N Slide with Paper Plate - 12#/15 reps each side (stupid plate exercise!)
Calf Raises - 30's/34 reps
Outer Thigh Lift on Stability Ball - 32 reps each side (These killed me)

Hi maniacs! I have been taking a bit of a computer break- just feel like it was becoming kind of a time suck and I needed to focus on some stuff around the house. So I will check in from time to time, but maybe not every day. I miss you guys, though.

I did Meso 2 week 4 legs with DH this morning- then I did the SB work from Meso 1, week 4. I am a slacker on abs this week and I don't care!

Gotta run, just had to stop in!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I didn't get in my yoga yesterday simply because I wasn't in the mood, to be honest. Today I have some mowing to do and get the dogs bathed and see what else. Tomorrow will start week 3 of Phase 2 P90X.

Spent some time on open discussion forum this morning talking about MonaVie. Ya'll might want to check it out. I don't like to go over there too much, but since I am selling the stuff I am not gonna let anyone attack me on it either because I know how the juice makes me feel. So I don't like to go over to the forum there much cuz sometimes it is like being in a hornets nest where I am just one to be more harmonius and at peace with myself and the world...at least I strive for it. :p

Debbie,

You got in a nice leg workout today! Looks great! Nice job!

Patti,

I have done the same thing. Have been busy also. Nice to hear from you again.

I decided to do STS disc 6 legs today and save disc 5 back and triceps for the next workout. I really prefer to separate upper days. I also would like to be able to do another lighter leg or full body day on Saturdey. After I did legs I did Kelly Coffey's 30 minutes to Fitness Kickbox workout #1 and finished with her 30 minute Bootcamp 18 minutes bonus stretch since this one stretches the legs out really well. Total calories burned was 646 50% fat.
STS legs
front lunge+back lunge one leg at a time- BW 10 reps
alternating 45 degree front lunge 26# dumbbells 15 reps
leg press-26# 15 reps
one leg elevated lunges- 26# 15 reps
deadlifts wide stance-31# dumbbells 15 reps
one leg slide back lunge w/ gliding disc-16#dumbbells 16 reps
side lunge w/gliding disc -15# 16 reps
one leg sit N stand- 13# 15 reps ( I hate this move )
squats narrow stance-31#dumbbells 15 reps
calf raise-31#dumbbells 40 reps 10 slow alternate with to fast repeat
low pulse lunges 26# 15 reps
stiff legged deadlifts on platform-31#dumbbells 15 reps
wall squats double leg- 15#dumbbells 8 reps
lateral step ups 21# 15 reps
45 degree lunge same leg- 21#dumbbells 15 reps
squats narrow stance-31#dumbbells 15 reps
static low end lunge same leg 3/1ct-21#dumbbells 12 reps
wall squat with ball and leg extensions-BW 10 reps
leg press with band on high step-blue heavy Cathe band
firewalkers- perform better mini band(loops)
calf raise-31#dumbbells 34 reps
standing kickback with band-blue perform better mini band 24 reps
supine double leg outer thigh press with band-Cathe Green band24 reps
inner thigh raise- 5#ankle weights

Debbie, I just read your workout today. It sounds like we are the same in our dislike for the 1 leg sit and stand. I think I should have went lighter than the 13#. My foot kept wanting to drop.

Patti, I understand about the computer. It seems like all I do is workout, work and sit on the computer. Miss you here too.

WOW...that monavie discussion was getting very hostile. Charlotte-I will look at info as well. I am also researching Kangen water. My friend is a distributor of the machines. I see mixed messages on it as well. Has anyone on ever heard of it?

WOW...that monavie discussion was getting very hostile. Charlotte-I will look at info as well. I am also researching Kangen water. My friend is a distributor of the machines. I see mixed messages on it as well. Has anyone on ever heard of it?

Thanks Teresa! I haven't heard of the Kangen water. Maybe I will check that out.

Patti, good job being proactive about cutting out some computer time. That can be a hard thing to do! Sometimes what sounds simple is still hard, like I really need to start doing my workouts a bit earlier and getting to bed a bit earlier. I definitely prefer working out in the evening, but starting at quarter past ten is too late!

Yesterday was my first workout of the day, having missed monday. I did the first half of Tracey Staehle's Core Strength and Conditioning and then the first half of Step Sweatfest. I use two risers for that one and can feel it in my legs during the workout. It's a fun tape, but I wish I had a bit more room in the workout room.

Debbie - You make me laugh at the plate exercises. I guess that will be the one thing you hate about Meso 2 all the sets of plate exercises.:p

Patti - I completely understand about the computer and have taken a hiatus myself from time to time. Funny that you should check in today because I was thinking about you this morning during my workout.:D

Today was Meso 2 Disc 20 Triset Legs. I am so ready to be done with trisets. Workout was 1:05 and I burned 486 calories. Also walked 1:28 minutes with client and burned 413 calories. For a total of 899.

TRISET 1
Lateral Step Ups
10/10/10 - 47#
Side Lunge w/ paper plate
10/10/10 - 25#
One Leg Sit N Stands
10/10/10 - 22#

TRISET 2
Static Lunge
10/10/10 - 32's
Plie Squats Alt. Hnads
10/10/10 - 40#
One Leg Slide Back Lunge w/ paper plate
10/10/10 - 23's

TRISET 3
Squats narrow Stance
10/10/10 - 37's
45 Degree Lunge
10/10/10 - 30's
One Leg Sit N Slide w/ paper plate
10/10/10 - 30

Calf Raises
20/20/20 - 15#

Linda - Nice workout! Wow, you are having some really long workouts lately. Any reason???

Theresa - Yea, that discussion is getting hostile. What is wrong with people? I know I contributed to the hostility, but I cannot stand that one poster.

Future Cathlete in the making! Just makes a Mom proud!:D

Attachments

• DSCF4793.jpg
    DSCF4793.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF4798.jpg
    DSCF4798.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF4802.jpg
    DSCF4802.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF4805.jpg
    DSCF4805.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF4807.jpg
    DSCF4807.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 16
Debbie - Thanks! The main reason for the long workouts was an attempt to shock my body into dropping this weight, but it hasn't seemed to help!:confused:

Awww! Cute pics!!! How sweet!

Isn't it something how we get to a point where NOTHING works? I'm right there with you. I'm so frustrated with my body right now, I could just scream.

Awww! Cute pics!!! How sweet!

Isn't it something how we get to a point where NOTHING works? I'm right there with you. I'm so frustrated with my body right now, I could just scream.

Thanks on the pictures! I popped in the dvd to preview and DD decided she wanted to do it.

And I am right there with you on the screaming. I've dieted, I've exercised like mad for two weeks, I've fasted, and nothing my weight stays right where it is.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thanks on the pictures! I popped in the dvd to preview and DD decided she wanted to do it.

And I am right there with you on the screaming. I've dieted, I've exercised like mad for two weeks, I've fasted, and nothing my weight stays right where it is.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I know. Me too. I started way back when I did Tabata. I've weighed in the range of 132-136# for what seems like forever. I cannot break this 130# plateau.

I know. Me too. I started way back when I did Tabata. I've weighed in the range of 132-136# for what seems like forever. I cannot break this 130# plateau.

I am stuck at 135-138#. Gosh makes me mad when I realize I thought I was heavy at 127#. What I wouldn't give to be there again.:(

Linda,

Nice pictures..very cute! Great workout too...you must be tired now. ;) Scale has always been aggravating for me, but I have had to stop weighing myself every single day or I will just be making things worse so I weigh myself about once a week now. Makes me mad how the body doesn't want to do what you are trying so very hard to accomplish..doesn't seem fair.

Debbie,

Thanks for your reply on that thread.

Linda and Debbie, I have been trying to lower my cardio and seem to be hanging onto a little more bodyfat:mad: So I am really trying to be strict on the diet. Added a little more cardio in this morning with STS. DIL called and wanted to know if I wanted cake for my birthday. I said NO! I am not a fan of cake anyway. So I think they are bringing cupcakes for the grandchildren.

Linda, cute pictures. Isn't it great how the children follow by example?:D

Charlotte, I read that thread on open discussion. I don't know why people can't be nice. Why the negative comments? I am sure you won't let it bother you though;) Who wants to waste their time on someone who enjoys hostility and nastiness.

Diane Sue,

I know. I am not responding to it anymore because there was not much a "come back" to what I had to say anyways and so no need to put anymore energy into a discussion with some of the negative people on there.

Linda,

Nice pictures..very cute! Great workout too...you must be tired now. ;) Scale has always been aggravating for me, but I have had to stop weighing myself every single day or I will just be making things worse so I weigh myself about once a week now. Makes me mad how the body doesn't want to do what you are trying so very hard to accomplish..doesn't seem fair.

Char - It's so frustrating. I'll feel thinner, so I jump on the scale and nope weight is still right where it was.:(

Linda and Debbie, I have been trying to lower my cardio and seem to be hanging onto a little more bodyfat:mad: So I am really trying to be strict on the diet. Added a little more cardio in this morning with STS. DIL called and wanted to know if I wanted cake for my birthday. I said NO! I am not a fan of cake anyway. So I think they are bringing cupcakes for the grandchildren.

Linda, cute pictures. Isn't it great how the children follow by example?:D

DianeSue
- I am not a fan of cake either, most people think I am weird. DH said DD was a "future brute in the making", guess that's what he thinks I am. :p

I'm almost to a point where I think I should add in more cardio but you all know how much I love cardio. :rolleyes: This is so unfair. All the hard work we do and we still have to worry about body fat. It's just not right.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.