Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 3/2

Today was Legs. I hate doing legs, especially on a Monday! But had a great workout and followed it by some cardio.

MINIMAL DIZZY SPELLS! :eek:

1 minute rest between each set

LEGS
Squats:
65# - 15/15 (warmup)
75# - 10
85# - 10
95# - 10 (up 5#)

Bulgarian Split Squats:
75# - 10 (up 5#)
80# - 10 (up 5#)
85# - 10 (up 5#)
***Used 4 risers. These killed.

Reverse Lunges:
32's - 3 sets/10 reps (up 2#)

Elevated Deads:
75# - 10
80# - 10
85# - 10
***Same as last week.

CALVES
Gym Style Calf Raises

CARDIO:
Cardio Coach #1, challenge #1 and #2.
25 minutes
45 seconds below zone
11 minutes in zone
13 minutes above zone
206 calories burned
1.37 miles travelled

That is all...

I am getting ready to go do some cardio and yoga/stretching. I will do Abs Circuits with no equipment. Not sure how long I can stick out the active recovery week. I think we are done with parties and going out to eat for awhile. I can make decent choices when we go out but can't control all of the sodium and added fats that are put in some of the food:( I wanted to keep my eating clean.

Debbie, I always have a dread of lower body workouts. I .like doing them on Mondays just to get them over with:)

Morning Diane Sue and Deb and everyone to follow.

Trying to decide if i should work out. Still congested and feel crappy. I could sleep all day here..
I just want to get motivated and be back to normal here..
Didn't w/o all weekend. Pain in the pelvis from the bladder infection..
Finally gone today.

Diane Sue, you are taking a rest week.
I am getting one that i didn't want...
Deb, great leg w/o..

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I plan on doing 25 mins of meditation as part of my daily routines in the morning and then I am gonna do chest/back/abs and cardio. I would like to have time to do yoga as well, but I will see how things go with time.

Great job with workouts so far~

Hey Guys -

Debbie - I love leg workouts but dread them at the same time. You had a great workout :) Glad the dizzy is going away - that is a dreadful feeling.

Anne - sorry you are still icky. I am congested right now too but living here, it is a feeling that pretty much does not go away!! Honestly, I would lose 10 lbs if I could get rid of all of the gunk in my head :confused: Hope you feel better soon.

Diane Sue - I am making the cookies today and those frozen granola squares - I think you mentioned those maybe? I think Halle may actually try those :) Also ordering the Muscle Chow - it's been in my cart for a week or so and I kept waiting for something else to come back in stock but I give up. And I know what you mean about the eating out - I can't really enjoy it b/c my body is not used to that crap so it revolts and I get all bloated and feel gross from the sodium and other junk. I just drink water only and try to finish 2-3 glasses while seated.

Charlotte - you must be such a peaceful person with all of your meditation and yoga...I should try some of that! Right now, I hate my job, feel run down, am going through some personal stuff, blah blah blah - PEACE - GIVE ME PEACE AND CALM!!! That is why I am on this huge cleaning spree and redoing everything I can think of :)

Ally - wasn't it you who was going off the pill? Did you do it? I decided to give that another try myself. We'll see. Today starts what would have been a new pill pack.

So, I was going to do CCPP Saturday but basically felt hungover from a horrid headache Friday. I could not even move by the end of the night. So, I moved my rest day to Saturday and did the workout Sunday.

Results were:

I pushed myself hard and my legs were on fire but I just kept thinking of those I was dedicating my workout too and that they were going through so much more than my little leg burning so I pushed even harder.

Oh, added V8CH2 - those two 8 minute treks :)

Bike: 8 miles
TM: 2 miles
SM: just over .5 miles
Arc (yeah - this one seems to work!!) - 1 mile
Cool down: short walk with DD

Calorie burn - 909 - not going to post HR b/c I had a heart thing happen where it sort of flip flops and it got to 220 so the avg and MAX HR are obviously off!!

Today's workout is Disc 7 and abs.

Have a great day :)

Morning Ladies - I was a lazy bum today! did not work out and slept until 7:00. I have a session later with a client and will try to work out with her.

Had a crazy busy weekend. We had out of town guests, and I had a baby shower for a good friend. so between all that, I guess I was just tired. Feeling fat and lazy.

Hopefully I will be back tomorrow with better stats!

OK, I made it ..
Did disk 11..
I could have gone heavier on some. Used the Purple band instead of green, but i am definitely getting stronger..
Well,
Doctors office called.
Culture no problem, but the pain is gone...
Something is going on here..
Maybe i need to go to the gyno ..YUK..
This pain keeps coming back and 3 days of antibiotics and gone..
Watch i will go and they will say something like hysterectomy.. Like nada..

Char , i could not meditate. My mind would be racing.

Maybe i am just dying and don't know it..
Well gotta get a bath and get to work..
Take care all..

FOODS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON Whey protein shake w/strawberries & banana (pre workout)
M2: Same as M1 without banana (post workout)
M3: Fresh Cinnamon Roll BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Zuccini Lasagna; naval orange
M5: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1/4 c. oats
M6: Talapia; salad w/lite Vadalia dressing
M7: 2 whole eggs, 1 egg white w/tomato sauce & 1 tbsp. parm cheese souffled together

1857.5 calories
49 g. fat - 24%
193 g. protein - 42%
161 g. carbs - 35%

The fun never ends! First real snow of the season and DH totals his car!:eek: Granted car was 13 years old, but still ran well, and we have no money to replace it right now.

Okay I started a rotation from M&F Hers today called Cardioacceleration. Basically you do 10 minutes of cardio to start to get your HR up to 60-85% then during the 1 minute rests between sets you do cardio to maintain that level. My cardio rests were up there around 80-85%. And I can tell I haven't done a split in a long time because I was quivering by the end. Not use to hitting each body part so many times.:confused::confused:

Chest
Incline DB Press
12/10/10 - 35's
Dumbbell Flyes
15/15/15 - 20's
Pushups
12/10/10

Shoulders
Standing DB Press
10/10/10 - 20's
Lat Raise
12/12/12 - 12's
Bent-over Rear lat raise
18/18/18 - 10's
***wimped out a bit on shoulders, was feeling a lot from the chest work and just did not want to push it***

Triceps
Dumbbell Lying Ext
10/10/10 - 20's
Kickbacks
18/18/18 - 12's
***left tri was still sore from BC work on Friday***

Then you could opt to do 10 more minutes of cardio but I was toast at this point. So I ended with TamiLee's seated stretch. Workout was 1:11 and I burned 617 calories.:D

Linda...Hope DH is OK! That is awful. :(

I have legs scheduled for today too. I like working legs only because the 15% BF I carry is 7.5 in one cheek, 7.5 in the other! I need to build some muscle in my booty!

Have a great day!

Linda - Wow, nice workout. So inbetween each set you added in 1 minute of cardio??? :eek: :eek: Holy crap, that is insane!!! LMAO!!!
Which issue of M&F Hers is this in? I'm sorry to hear about your DH and his car. I'm thinking he's ok, right? Was your car insured?

Hey Maniacs! Yesterday was a 42 mile bike ride with dh (weather was so nice!) and today I started the Lean Phase of CLX, did Lean Circuit #1. I might go on another bike ride today (maybe 15 miles) if it doesn't rain, but it's looking dark and gloomy outside. The wedding shower on Saturday went well. I'm glad it's over though. Remind me not to volunteer for something like that again. I'm no Martha.

Sorry, running out of time for detailed personals (although, I did read everyone's posts, so :) for some and :( for others.). Must get back to work.

Linda...Hope DH is OK! That is awful. :(

Yes, DH is fine I forgot to add that. LOL about the booty!

Linda - Wow, nice workout. So inbetween each set you added in 1 minute of cardio??? :eek: :eek: Holy crap, that is insane!!! LMAO!!!
Which issue of M&F Hers is this in? I'm sorry to hear about your DH and his car. I'm thinking he's ok, right? Was your car insured?

Yes, instead of just resting for a minute in between sets you do cardio for that minute. I ran around my workout room. It was tiring that's for sure. Not sure how leg day will go on Wednesday? This came out of the Mar/Apr 2009 issue of M&F hers.
And again DH is okay except a bruised ego, and no the car was not insured just liability coverage.:(

Yes, instead of just resting for a minute in between sets you do cardio for that minute. I ran around my workout room. It was tiring that's for sure. Not sure how leg day will go on Wednesday? This came out of the Mar/Apr 2009 issue of M&F hers.
And again DH is okay except a bruised ego, and no the car was not insured just liability coverage.:(

Looking forward to seeing how this workout is with the coming days. I'll check out that issue. I should just bite the damn bullet and get a subscription. LOL! Glad DH is ok!

Hey Maniacs!!!

Finished my workout. I went light with the weight until my body is TOTALLY healed, but feeling pretty good though.

CHEST:

Bench 65# 3/8
Flyes 25's 3/8
DB Presses 25's 3/8

BACK:

Lat Pulldowns 70# 3/8
One Arm Rows 30# db 3/8

ABS: 4DS

CARDIO: 40 mins

368 cals burned, 4.7 miles and stayed in orange zone entire time with speeds 7-10mph.

Today was one of those days that ended up with lots of unexpected things. I started out relaxed and took my time starting my workout. DD called and asked me to go to lunch with her. So I went to lunch and we went to get her girls some Easter dresses. Then I had to go do my errands. Today is normally my free day but my son in law called and needed to go to the airport so I picked up my grandbaby and picked up my grandson from school. Anyway workout was 1.5 miles on the treadmill for 20 minutes and I burned 147 calories, then I did Sharon Twombly's CIA Athletic Step Jam skipping the stability ball stuff but doing the abs. I burned 736 calories. Total calories burned was 883. I never did get to Ab circuits no equipment abs or extra stretch. I quit to shower and go to lunch. Eating wasn't so great. I have to go see what damage I did at Panera today. I ate the turkey artichoke on foccacia bread. Otherwise I had some portein powder mixed with water before my workout. Not hungry now either.

Diane Sue - I made the cookies. I have no idea what happened, but they did not turn out as cookies!! Whatever it was, though, I hope I can duplicate. They are so YUMMY!!! Halle loves them too. Also made some banana muffins with unprocessed wheat bran and whole wheat flour and the Frozen Berry-Granola Squares from Clean Eating this month - Halle loves all of these things - amazing :)

Off to work out, finally. Meanwhile, I've gotten a lot of cooking and cleaning done...

Hey Maniacs!!!

Finished my workout. I went light with the weight until my body is TOTALLY healed, but feeling pretty good though.

CHEST:

Bench 65# 3/8
Flyes 25's 3/8
DB Presses 25's 3/8

BACK:

Lat Pulldowns 70# 3/8
One Arm Rows 30# db 3/8

ABS: 4DS

CARDIO: 40 mins

368 cals burned, 4.7 miles and stayed in orange zone entire time with speeds 7-10mph.

Yeah, I can sure tell you went light... ;)

And thanks for the PM - I'll write back later.

I didn't do too bad at Panera after all. I am still under on calories and fat isn't to high. I had shrimp with spinach and brown rice mixed together with a little garlic for dinner.

Shana, maybe the ingredient brands make a difference. I used Girabaldi bittersweet chocolate in mine. Both of those recipes are yummy. My grandchildren really liked them.

Anne, I hope that you can get the problems figured out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.