HARDCORE FITNESS MANAIC HOTTIES THURS

buttercup78

Cathlete
GM LADIES-
Yesterday I did chalean burn circuit #2 followed by intermediate kb drill w/ Amy Bento and Workout #1 from KB Dynamics. workout was 57 min and I burned 575 calories.

I am going to sell Chalean. I really don't care for it at all. She annoys me to no end and I hate how slooooooow she goes. And I just need to b@tch for a second.

I have someone filling in while my coworker is out of town. I told him the specifics of what had to be done and I came in this morning and NONE of it was done. I even had everything ready on an email and all he had to do was hit send and it didn't get done. I told him he had to lock up and everything was unlocked this morning. Fill in help is really no help at all when it comes down to it. He's a nice man but I'm resisting the urge to strangle him right now. Anyway, sorry to vent but it really pissed me off.

Theresa

Last edited:
Well I took advantage of my last recovery day and took if off. Woke up with a slight headache and I just didn't feel like getting out of bed. Tomorrow starts Meso 3 so I'll be ready for it. Felt good to sleep in, it's cold here today.

Tired of it already...

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did The Pit Skills & Drills. Workout was 65" and I burned 690 calories. I added on my own stretch, as they don't do one. Max HR was 162.

I had some technical difficulties with the TV/DVD player in the basement, space issues, and issues with the carpet sliding and annoying me......and I had to run upstairs to finish the DVD since something happened with the player........other than that, it was fun.

If anyone is interested, the workout was structured, as so: start with jogging (I used my treadmill and they ran around in circles). Then it goes into agility drills with a ladder, fast feet, lateral feet, etc. The next section is shadowboxing with an opponent (if you have one), and then it went to bag drills. The bag drills continue for a while and there are sprawls thrown in. Next was the segment where they use a body slam bag. Since I don't have a slam bag, I alternated heavy bag combos with med ball slams with plyo legs. I did not take any breaks when they did. I jogged thru them or just continued. The next segment was a series of squat thrusts with military press, biceps, triceps and Elephants (high dumbell swings). Then it went into a push pull segment and punching with a resistance band....then cooldown.

Theresa - Chalean can annoy me slightly sometimes......that being said, however, slow lifting really can work your muscles differently. Do you normally make a decision without putting something away and pulling it out at a later date to try it? I find that sometimes when I hate something and pull it out at a later date, I like it much more. I just don't want you to regret it. Sorry you have trouble with help. I'm actually a very competent secretary that can't find a job!! Go figure!!

Deb - I'm also sick of this cold weather. I've not wanted to get out of bed all week.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Falling behind this morning with time. Worked 4DS Shoulders yesterday. Today I am doing Legs from 4DS and the floorwork plus abs. Cleaning today and I need to plant my orange rose bush in with my ivy plant.

Hope you all have a great day!

This morning I did itread 20 61 minutes(this took a little longer because my grandchildren came in and I pushed the wrong button when hitting pause on the dvd player so I walked and found my place) Workout was 7.25 miles 826 calories. Then I did Tracey's Core Blast standing and bosu segments 21 minutes and followed with Tracey's Yoga Solutions post run segment 17 minutes. Total calories burned today was 1024 max hr 170.
My back is feeling better this morning. Hopefully I can get my last workout from Meso 2 done tomorrow. It is back and biceps. I went and looked and there are pullovers. That may be a problem if my back is still bothering me at all.

Morning, HC Chics :)

The race Sunday was great. My HR got up to 194!! This had to have been on the bike. The average was 172 or so. I totally took Monday off, then Tuesday, began Meso 2, which I love so much more than 1. And yesterday, to catch up, I did the leg workout. Will do back and biceps Friday and be back on schedule. Usually, I like to do legs first but they were not ready. Tuesday, I also did Ab Circuits no equipment abs.

Theresa - sorry about the idiot at work.

Diane Sue - hope your back feels better. I need to finish downloading my itrains. Such a frustrating process.

Debbie - enjoy your time off, and hope the headache goes away.

Char - clean away, woman :)

Lora - that sounds like a fun workout. Not that I need to add anymore to my collection...but I think I'll check it out.

www.thepitworkout.com

I also got the DVD, Twenties....but need to preview it for equipment. I also have the 2 original, The Pit & Cross Pit (but like a true vidiot...have not done them yet). My DH does the Pit quite often and likes it.

I just got my AHB workouts!!! .....but alas, I must leave for work now. I work until 9 tonight........darn!

Hey guys,
I have a question for those who have these cookbooks....Which one is worth the purchase, Squeaky Gourmet or Tosca's new cookbook? I can only afford one cookbook.

Diana Sue, the white chili you had yesterday sounded real good. If it's not too much trouble, could you please tell me the recipe?

Hope everyone's doing very well!

Lisa :)

Hey, Everyone,

Haven't been feeling very chatty lately. Today I took a rest day, unfortunately it took me so long to talk myself into taking it I couldn't go back to sleep once I finally decided.:confused:

Yesterday, I did Disc 29 Plyo Legs skipping all the weight exercises, followed by IMAX 3 Step Only Premix on 2 risers. Workout was 55 minutes and I burned 470 calories.

Linda - I was thinking about you today. I haven't been on much but have read here and there and had not seen you.

Roselyn - Glad to hear you are enjoying Insanity. I have it, but am not ready to start. Waiting to finish STS but might work some in here and there. I did do the fit test though.

Lora - glad to know I am not alone in having DVDs I have never done :):rolleyes:

Lisa - My new Eat Clean just came today. I have Squeaky Gourmet too. Squeaky is good but you will get more bang for the buck with Eat Clean, I think. Watch for Squeaky to have deals. I got mine for a good deal on a coupon code and free shipping. They have a facebook page and maybe a twitter page. They will post recipes online. Hope this helps.

Lisa, here is the recipe for the Chili I just made. I got it from the Nov/Dec clean eating magazine. As far as recipe books it is hard for me to say. I got a decent deal buying mine from Amazon. It cost me 17.99 and free shipping since I bought a book for my granddaughter for Christmas too:D I also used a coupon code for the Squeaky Gourmet cookbook. I am enjoying recipes from both. The new Eat Clean Cookbook uses lots of spices and veggies. I am really stocking up some different things to cook with. I am glad they made footnotes for some of the seasonings like "conimex boemboe nasi goreng" I have a hard time spelling that one but she tells you what mixture to use. So far everything has been pretty good. Squeaky Gourmet is a lot easier to purchase the ingredients for and the recipes have all been very good.
OK the recipe:D
Turkey and Tomatillo Chili serves 6-8 cook time 4 1/2 hours (crockpot)
3 small dried chipoltle peppers
2 tsp olive oil
2 lb extra lean ground turkey breast
1 cup sweet onion, diced
4 cloves garlic
1 1/2 lb tomatillos,husks discarded and skin rinsed
1 bay leaf
1 tsp cumin, ground
1 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
4 cups cooked white kidney beans or 2 14oz cans low sodium white kidney beans rinsed and drained
1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernals
sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 cup low fat cheddar cheese, grated or 1 cup low fat sour cream, for garnish(optional)

Soak chipoltle peppers in 1/2 cup boiling water until softened about 15 minutes. Cut peppers in half and remove and discard seeds and stem. Reserve soaking liquid, roughly chop chipoltle peppers and set aside.

Meanwhile in a nonstick pan, heat oil over med high heat. Add turkey and onion and cook stirring with a wooden spoon until all meat is broken into small pieces and cooked through. About 5 min.. Drain and discard fat and transfer to slow cooker.

Blend garlic, chopped chipoltle peppers, and 1/4 cup reserved soaking water in a blender till finely chopped. Add tomatillos and remaining soaking water and blend till smooth. Pour into slow cooker, add bay leaf and cumin and stir till thoroughly combined. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low heat for 4 hours.

15 minutes before serving place cilantro in 1/2 cold water in blender and puree until finely chopped. Stir into chili mixture. Add beans and corn., cover slow cooker and cook for another 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve in warm bowls garnished with 2 Tbs grated cheese or a dollop of sour cream if desired.

Nutrients per 1 1/2 cup serving (not including garnish)
calories 310; total fat; 4 gm, carbs; 32gm, fiber 7gm; sugars; 7gm, protein; 35gm, sodium; 260mg, cholestral; 55mg

I didn't have cilantro leaves so used dried cilantro (a couple of Tablespoons) and some water. I also used fresh jalapeno. It was still really good this way. Next time though I will make sure to get fresh cilantro.

Hello there. Not sure if I've posted at all this week, so here's what I've done:

Monday: Cardio Conditioning premix from KPC (made the tops of my big toes sore, like my toe nails, maybe a shoe issue??)

Tuesday: unplanned rest day

Wednesday: Endurance for Movement (one of the TLT workouts)

Thursday: Yoga class.

yoga was fun. I"d like to go twice a week, but it's so much easier to use tapes. When I'm there, though, I always feel like I want to go more. I think I can afford it, but that's another factor. The money situation has definitely been better...could be worse, but it's been better. Damn economy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.