Hardcore FITNESS HOTTIES 3/27

ashumate

Cathlete
HELLO - where is everyone?

today was shoulders - followed by the Oxygen ab work out minus the v ups (they hurt my low back)
SHOULDERS
Dumbbell Press:
15s - 11/10/9
10s -10/10/10/10/10

Front Raise:
10# plate - 9/10/10/9/9/10/9/9
These started easy but I had trouble at the end

Rear Delt Raise:
8's -10/9/8/8/8/8
5’s -8/8/8 had to drop the weight – I was not getting good range of motion
[FONT=&quot]Lateral Raise:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
5's –started at 10 reps and finished at 8[/FONT]

SHOULDERS
Dumbbell Press:
15s - 11/10/9
10s -10/10/10/10/10

Front Raise:
10# plate - 9/10/10/9/9/10/9/9
These started easy but I had trouble at the end

Rear Delt Raise:
8's -10/9/8/8/8/8
5’s -8/8/8 had to drop the weight – I was not getting good range of motion
[FONT=&quot]Lateral Raise:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
5's –started at 10 reps and finished at 8[/FONT]

Hi Ally! Good workout- looks fun.

I did STS disc #6 (Legs) today and Pilates based abs- good workout. I already feel it in my butt which is great. I think those paper plate lunges really get in there. I really enjoyed the Pilates abs- I almost got certified in Pilates mat at one time so it was nice to do a little of it today. It's been a while. I burned 597 calories.

I'll BBL.

Hey Girls -

Ally - I need to try that workout. Have the magazine - just haven't done it yet b/c I got hooked on the other one.

Patti - girl, wait until you hit Meso 2. I am still sore from Wed. Feels so good. I liked legs in Meso 1 (the variety was great, it was fun and different) but Meso 2 is more my style.

Debbie - hope your computer issues are getting worked out. How awful. Sometimes, I just hate computers. Got my leg press yesterday. I definitely need to buy more weight but I LOVE that thing! You were so right. And the foot plate is wider than I had pictured it being. How much weight do you put on yours? I need to decide what plates to get. I only have 2 25s and then the usual 10s, etc so I could get over 100 but it would be a PITA to do with all of the little plates. I had read that you did not need as much weight on the vertical ones so I have no idea what to get. At the gym, I had gotten up to 270 but it was hurting my knees, although my knees are much better now. 180 felt much better on my knees and I learned that I can do good things with less weight too! If my muscles were fatigued, even 90 and slow and controlled felt fine. Any guidance you can lend is appreciated.

Linda - thanks for the info on the abs. Sounds fun and easy, in that there aren't a lot of moves...certainly not easy in the physical sense!

For anybody still looking for the M&F mag, they are gone from the shelves according to the guy at Barnes and Noble who supplies the magazines. The new one with Arnold replaced it. I thought that was just a special edition thing...could have saved a lot of time looking had I known that!!

Today is Disc 15, abs and light cardio since tomorrow is CCPP but yesterday, my cardio consisted of cleaning house. My legs were so sore from Disc 14 though, and I was so wiped out from allergies, that I just let the cardio slip right on by!

How could I forget to mention this?? Earlier this week, I tried a pull up, as I always do but never actually move very far. I actually did one!!! Can't do 2 yet, but sure was thrilled with the one :) When I first got the bar, I did one but now I think I jumped up some or something.

Well, I had a Puke Status workout this morning. And actually, I did get to a point where I thought I was going to hurl. This was a great workout! I worked Legs and changed it a lot from last week. I couldn't get my HR up last week with this workout so this week I did something different.

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup.

20 seconds on/10 seconds off for each exercise.

2 minutes rest between each exercise.

LEGS
Squats:
15's - 8 sets/10-9 reps
***Last week I did this with the barbell on my back. It killed my neck so this week I held light dumbbells and when it was time to rest I kept myself in the down position of the squat. OMG, talk about a burn. HR really got up there.

Leg Press Station:
150# - 8 sets/10-8 reps (up 75#)
***Last week only used 75# and my HR was in my rest zone. Today it stayed around 124-130 with this one.

Plie Squats:
25# - 6 sets/10-9 reps; 2 sets BW - 11-10 reps
***Added this exercise in. Wow, but set 6 my inner thighs were burning. Had to drop the weight and just use my BW for the last two reps. Again, at rest I held the down position.

Leg Extensions:
45# - 8 sets/14-12 reps
***Will go higher next week.

Hamstring Curls:
25# - 8 stes/11-9 reps
***With this one I held my curls in the middle of the contraction at rest. These killed!!!

Calf Raises:
25's - 8 sets/17-16 reps
***Last week I did these on the Leg Press Station and I felt it everywhere but my calves. This made a big difference. Alternated toes forward, in and out. Even with this exercise my HR was in the 120's.

HR Stats:
52 minutes
2 minutes below zone
41 minutes in zone
9 minutes above zone
402 calories burned!
Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

That is all....

Good song to download for cardio or just to get fired up is "Run Run Away" by Slade. Kind of an 80's based tune but it's so fun!

Shana- I had to buy more weight for my leg press. I think I got up to around 300# with it. You'll find it's easy to go heavy with that thing. Push with your legs, though, because you can injure your back if you aren't careful. My computer problems are still there. I can't do anything about it until Tuesday due to billing on Monday. I just hope I can do billing without too much trouble.

Hello Peeps!

How the heck have you all been? I sure miss you guys. I miss not being able to get on the internet at work. Well...I sneak on for a minute or two here and there, but I try to be super careful. Others have pretty much blown off the rumor of the little investigation, but I don't want to take any chances. :)

I'm still doing what I was doing before but still struggling with trying to gain weight. I was up to a whopping 116 but only kept it on for a few weeks and then went right back down to 114 and today 113. :( I feel like I'm eating like a horse, but obviously I'm not eating enough protein for the heavier lifting I'm doing. I'm resorting to more protein shakes. I've also cut my cardio down to only TWICE A WEEK. ME!!! Just until I can put some weight on. So Patti and Diane Sue...I'm with ya! I posted some more pics on my BB profile and I still pose like a huge dork! I'm like the Will Farrell of fitness posing. :p

Diane Sue - Is today your anniversary? If so, Happy Anniversary!!! I hope your headache is gone. I was getting almost none but in an effort to get more protein I was eating more peanut butter and guess what? More migraines. I always forget that part of it. I just put the two together this morning when I woke up with one. It's gone now but gosh darn it!

Linda - I'm so impressed that you can do those hanging ab things. I can't ever seem to get enough control without swinging! I don't know what my problem is!

Debbie - What a bummer about your computer!!! I hope you got everything re-entered. Ick! For my next piece of equipment for my workout room I want one of those squat machines that you can either stand in or sit in. DH doesn't think I have the room and thinks it's a waste for something you can only use for one purpose. Not me! I'm gonna talk him into it somehow. He doesn't use my workout room except maybe twice a year since he works out at the PD. :)

Shana - WAY TO GO on the pullup girl!!!! You're getting mighty strong!

Well, I'm off to the basement. I have a long workout today and then I'm going to help set up for the Animal Shelter's Fur Ball. It's tomorrow night and we're setting up the ballroom today and tomorrow. We've been working on it for months so I can't wait! We sold out a couple of days ago which is AWESOME considering the economy!

Have a great day!!!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Suz,

Welcome back! Haven't seen you in awhile.

Debbie,

Nice workout and good to be careful! Nice job! Happy Birthday again! ;)

Today I am gonna work chest/abs and some cardio. Still doing the Tabata Training.

Hey Charlotte girl! Thanks. Hope all is well with you and that Bobby is finally better. That seemed like a really long haul for you two.

Funny thing...I'm just now heading to work out. DH got up and we've been hanging out but now I'm gonna have to go get my arse in gear. :)

Hey Charlotte girl! Thanks. Hope all is well with you and that Bobby is finally better. That seemed like a really long haul for you two.

Funny thing...I'm just now heading to work out. DH got up and we've been hanging out but now I'm gonna have to go get my arse in gear. :)

I know. I need to get going here soon. Been tinkering around this morning..sweeping, mopping and playing with juicer. Get this...I am drinking this:

parsley, carrots, black grapes, kiwi, pineapple juice...and it is good!!!! I am shocked. Tomorrow I will add some beets to strawberries, etc. I know the sugar content is gonna be there, but I do think we all need to have veggies and fruits just because it is good for us in so many ways so I don't care just as long as I can stay away from the chocolate chip cookies. lol

This morning I did STS disc 24 back and biceps it was shorter than last weeks workout. I noticed this with this weeks workouts. I then did 4Day Split Kickbox cardio premix 2 times and Cathe's Sretch basic stretch segment. Total calories burned today was 854. We will be going out to dinner later since today is our anniversary:D
Back and Biceps:
W/up sets with blue heavy band 12 reps each lat pulldowns, T Pull, y's
Pulldowns on the Bowflex 190# resistance 3 sets different hand positions 12 reps
Dumbbell pullovers drop sets 3 sets 45#, 40#, 37.5#
One arm horizontal row 40#, 37.5#, 35# 10 reps each set
barbell deadlifts 85# 3 sets 12,10,8 reps
Barbell curl 3 sets 50#, 45#,40# 10 reps each set
incline curls with rotation both arms on stability ball 2 sets 10 reps 20's, 15's 1 set 12 12's(still having a little issue with my elbow. Doing these still hurt a little)
Seated concentration curls dumbbell dropsets on ball 10 reps 26#, 10 reps 25#, 10 reps 21#

Suz: So good to see you! Glad you are still working it (of course) and I highly doubt you are the Will Ferrell of posing. I will check out the pics in a bit- bet you look great. Also, woo hoo on controlling the cardio compulsion! I'm proud! I am managing to control my cardio urges- I usually give in at the kids' nap time and go downstairs and pop something in, but not this week!

Diane Sue: Happy anniversary- have a great time tonight!

Shana: WTG on the chin up! I am excited for Meso 2 too- I admit that although I liked this morning's workout fine, I kind of miss my Gym Style Legs. :)

I do think we all need to have veggies and fruits just because it is good for us in so many ways so I don't care just as long as I can stay away from the chocolate chip cookies. lol

And THAT pretty much says it all for me. :p Actually, eats have been very good lately. I am making an effort to include more healthy fat in my diet and it is helping. Thank you my fitness pal- love that website! Anyway, I have also been tinkering around with the idea of green smoothies, especially for DH. The man needs more veggies!

Happy Birthday, Debbie! Nice workout!

DianeSue - Happy Anniversary!

Shana - WTG on the Pull up!!

Suz - Nice to see you. Checked out your pics you look great!

Today was the last day of CardioAcceleration rotation and I COULD NOT be happier.:D:D:D:D I am tired of all the running!:p May even take tomorrow off in addition to Sunday, as a little break before starting Tabata Training with Debbie.

Started w/ 4 DS HIS through first blast. One minute runs between sets.

BACK
DB Row
12/10/10 - 40's (up 2 reps on 1st set)
BO SA DB Lat Pull
12/12/12 - 20's (stayed at 20's for 3rd set, was dropping before)
DB Pullover
20/16/15 - 40# ( up 2 reps 1st set, 1 rep 2nd set)

BICEPS

DB Curls
12/12/10 -25's (up 2 reps 2nd set)
Incline DB Curls
12/12 - 20's
8/4 - 20's/15's ( was doing 3rd set at 15's, but started w/ 20's but only made 8 reps so finished with 15's)

Then stretch from 4 DS HIS.

Back from our dinner at some friends Italian restaurant. They always give us a seat in the balcony and excellent service:D I got artichoke parmesan and a salad. Yum!
Thanks for the anniversary wishes.

Debbie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! sorry I missed this earlier. Just posted the workout and ran:)

Suz, I am sure you are taller than me. I got up to 116 last week but it is back down to 114 again. Yes, that cardio makes a difference. I also think one of the big things is adding enough protein and calories that are good calories. Not sugar or bad fats make a huge difference. Just hard to get that mind set and stick with it. I see some weight creeping on and feel bloated and I want to make up for it with cardio which I know is the wrong thing to do. Yeah, I forget the peanut butter till I buy a jar and get the headache:confused:

Charlotte, who is making chocolate chip cookies ?? I am coming over! LOL I have done some combos with the Magic Bullet before Juicing and beets work well with fruit. Those combos would be surprisingly good. I don't drink juice hardly ever though. If I do I like to mix with seltzer or perrier. I gave my juicer attachment to dd for the baby.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.