Hardcord Fitness Maniacs for September

Today was Xtrain Bi's & Tri's and I had an great workout. This one really bothers my elbows, though, I think it's the incline ball work. Need to figure out something different when those exercises come up.

This is what I did:

Round 1
Alternating Standing Curls- 15's - 12 reps
Standing Overhead Tricep Extension - 20# - 16 reps

Round 2
Incline Curls on Ball- 15's - 16 reps
Lying Tricep Extensions - 12's - 16 reps

Round 3
Seated Concentration Curls- 15# - 16 reps
One Arm Kickbacks w/Tubing - 10's no tubing - 16 reps

Round 4
"W" Curls w/tubing- 8's# - 16 reps
Seesaw Pushups - 12 reps

Round 5
Seated Hammer Curl on Ball- 15's - 16 reps
One-Arm Seated Overhead Extensions - 10#

Round 6
Preacher Curl on Ball- 12# - 16 reps (Used my preacher bench. These hurt my elbow)
Side Leaning Overhead Extension - 10# - 16 reps

Round 7
SlowMo Eccentric Curls w/Tubing- 5's - 16 reps
Cross-Body Extensions - 10# - 16 reps

Round 8
Incline Reverse Curls- 12's - 16 reps
One Arm Plank Kickbacks - 8's no plank - 16 reps

Round 9
Hammer Curl Crazy 8's- 12's - 28 reps
Crazy Dips - Skipped

Hope you all had a great Labor Day!

Yesterday we had a family birthday so I did not get here. I did Kelly Coffey Trim Down Boxing Drills 31 minutes, followed by X Train Burn Sets Biceps and Triceps 38 minutes, and finishing with Tai Cheng Week 1 day 2, 28 minutes. Total time was 97 minutes.
This week I am staying at my daughters and watching her children. I had to take them to school this morning. I hardly got any sleep last night so will take a nap and hopefully hit some abs and Tai Cheng. It is raining so I won't be using the pool.

Last edited:
Why is this website down so much anymore? Very frustrating...

Today I did Run Fit but only did Challenge 1 and the two 10 minutes steady states. My left knee was feeling "hot" so I stopped after the 2nd 10 minute steady. Had a great workout and knee is ok right now.

Workout was 38 minutes total, burned 340 calories and ran 2.25 miles.

Diane Sue - Hope you were able to catch up on some sleep!

Yesterday I got in a short nap and did Piyo Core and Tai Cheng Week 1 day 3. Today I will do Piyo Total Body Strength and Tai Cheng day 4. The first week of Tai Cheng seems to do the neural reboot each day that includes a short foam rolling segment followed by about 10 minutes of a new movement sequence for a total of about 30 minutes. Tired again today. My 3 year old grandson woke me at 3:40 this morning wanting a drink and I had to get him back to bed because he had pre-school this morning.

Debbie, sorry you had to cut the workout short because of the knee but I totally understand how you feel. Not much rest here but I am working on it :)

Hello Everyone:)

How is everyone? You already know I missed you guys, right? Lots going on like quitting my job and going to South France for 6 months, yep :) Let's talk workout arghhhh on my, I can cry. I'm going to try my best to get up tomorrow. See you tomorrow.

Today I did Xtrain Chest, Back & Shoulders. Had a great workout. I got to workout a half hour later because I have a meeting at 9 so I can go in later. What a difference just a half an hour makes. I felt great! This is what I did:

Round 1
Tempo Pushups- 24 reps
One Arm Rotational Row - 20# - 16 reps
Side Leaning Lateral Raise - 5#

Round 2
Dumbbell Press on Ball- 25's - 16 reps
"T" Band Pull - 16 reps slow, 10 fast
Shoulder Circle - 3's - 48 reps

Round 3
Reach Tap Pushups- 24 reps (I just did regular pushups on knees)
"T" Prone on the Ball - 5's - 12 reps
Alternating Dumbbell Overhead Press - 10's - 12 reps

Round 4
Chest Fly on Ball- 20's# - 16 reps
One Arm Row w/Tubing - 32 reps
Bent Over Rear Delt Drop Sets - 10's - 16, 12, 8 reps

Round 5
Lower Chest Incline Fly on Ball- 5's - 16 reps
Dumbbell Pullover on Ball - 25# - 16 reps
Double Arm Upright Row - 12's - 16 reps

Round 6
Incline Dumbbell Press on Ball- 25's - 16 reps
Back Fly on Ball - 10's - 16 reps
Dumbbell "W" Press on Ball - 10's - 16 reps

Round 7
3-Way Chest Fly- 20's - 16 reps
One Arm Row - 25# - 16 reps
Incline Hammer Front Raise on Ball - 5's - 12+ reps

Round 8
Pushups- 12, 10, 8 reps
Superman "Y" on Ball - Skipped, these create knots in my upper back
Lateral Raise w/10-10 degree Tilt - 8's - 12, 10, 8 reps

Hope you all have a great day and great workouts!

Today I did Turbo Fire Low Hiit 20 and Tai Cheng Week 1 day 5. Busy today so that is all I could do.

Teddy, good to see you. South of France??

Last edited:
Today I did Cardio Coach #3 and had a fairly decent workout. I actually didn't have any problems at all getting up this morning. Yay! Last hot day for a while here - 90 degrees and then it's supposed to drop down into the 70's. I think fall will be here early this year.

Workout as 38 minutes total, burned 327 calories and ran 2.25 miles.

Yesterday I did not get a workout in. Today I will do Tai Cheng day 6 week 1 and either a Piyo workout or another short low impact cardio. We had planned on a trip to the zoo but it is raining so I am not sure what we will do with the grandchildren for fun today.

Today I did STS Total Body but only did the Upper Body Premix. I love that workout and I had a great one. This is what I did:

Triset #1
Flat Bench Barbell Press - 55# - 16 reps
Chest Flyes - 20's - 16 reps
Overhead Tricep Extension - 25# - 16 reps
Repeat with 12 reps
(The Overhead Tricep Extensions were supposed to be Dips, but dips seem to irritate my shoulder so I just don't do them anymore.)

Burn Sets
Close Grip Pushups - 8 reps
Standard Pushups - 16 reps

Triset #2
Barbell Curls - 25# - 16 reps
One Arm Row - 25# - 16 reps
Standing Dumbbell Curls - 12's - 16 reps
Repeat with 12 reps
(The Barbell Curls were supposed to be Barbell Rows, but I don't think there is enough bicep work in this workout so I changed it.)

Burn Sets
T-Pull w/tubing - Tons of reps
Seated Tubing Curls - Tons of reps

Triset #3
Standing Overhead Press - 10's - 16 reps
Upright Rows - 25# - 16 reps
Lateral Raise - 5's - 16 reps
Repeat with 12 reps

Burn Sets
Tube Rear Delt Row - Tons of reps

Hope you all had a great weekend and hope you all have great workouts today!

This morning I did Les Mills Combat Kickstart, 35 minutes followed by X Train Burn Sets Back only 13 minutes and finished with Tai Cheng Week 2 Day 1 31 minutes.

Today I did a Cardio Coach mix I made up and had a great workout. Knee did pretty well today, no burning.

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 357 calories and ran about 2.4 miles.

Today I did Intensity Step Only mix, 35 minutes, X train Burn Sets Biceps 14 minutes, Lean Legs and Abs just the abs, 10 minutes and finished with Tai Cheng week 2 day 2, 26 minutes. Total time was 85 minutes and calories burned was 423. Still messing with that annoying heart rate monitor. At least I know if I am working harder or not:rolleyes:

Today I did the standing part of Xtrain Legs. I wasnted to see how my knees did on this, I'm really missing doing leg workouts. My left knee was fine but my right one still hurts when I do lunges and plies. Not sure why because it hasn't felt that bad lately. This one has been hurting for a long time, though, although it does feel better and doesn't hurt when I go up the stairs anymore. I did ok with the workout and broke a good sweat. Hopefully I can add to that as the weeks go by.

Diane Sue - Sorry you are still struggling with the HRM. Those things are a pain and they aren't worth the trouble. But I have to agree with you, I know I worked harder when I used mine. I was always shooting for a certain rate and now I just go by how I feel. I know I'm not working as hard.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.