Gym Styles - Legs - Please help me decide

MelanieC

Cathlete
Hi everyone!

I have all of Cathe's lower body workouts, except for Gym Styles. Would it be worth it for me to get this workout too?

I think it would be worth it if you have the other GS workouts, just to complete the set. I do have this one, but don't reach for it often even when I do a GS rotation. I actually like B&G and LOVE Lower Body Blast more and do that one instead of GS legs. There's more of a fun factor with LBB, in GS Cathe is a bit more serious... which isn't a bad thing.

I'm also not a huge fan of extensive floorwork so that's another reason I like GS Legs but don't LOVE it.

I think it would be a great addition to your Cathe collection, so if you have the extra money I'd say why not?

For lower body workouts, my top 2 DVDs are GS Lower Body and Butts & Gutts. I have all but 3 Cathe videos and reach for this one often.

I feel there is a lot of content in the approx 1 hour video rather than a lot of repetition. I also feel there is a great opportunity to easily build up in this video (adding weights). There is a timesaver also.

PM me if you would like the printout of all the exercises that the video has. I make a workout sheet for every video.

(The "slow motion lunges" are great!)

I personally LOVE GSLegs, and prefer it over most if the other leg workouts. I saw the most changes ever, in my legs, after doing a month rotation including GS Legs weekly... The calf work is insane...

Yes!

This is very much a matter of opinion, but I love GS Legs. I think it is the toughest and more thorough of the leg workouts. It is roughly 1/2 an hour of standing weight work and 1/2 an hour of floor exercises. You can do them as separate workouts that both work the entire legs but quite differently. I also like the stretch at the end and feel it increased my flexibility a lot. I agree that it doesn't have much of a fun factor, but Cathe sure delivers on this one!

Thanks guys!

Thanks everyone for your input. I checked out the video preview as well on Cathe's site and I like the look of the band work on the floor. So I'm gonna go ahead and get this one!

I love GS Legs. It's one of my favorite Cathe lower body workouts. Lower Body Blast is my fav and GS Legs is a close 2nd. It's a great workout, well worth the investment.

Oh yeah, the floor work in GSL...love how using the bands gets in those muscles. I now use the firewalker loop for some of the work, easier than holding the band in my hands.

Lisa

i love GS legs...it is such an effective workout....i think my legs were sore for like 4 days after doing it (in a good way:D).....get it and i believe u will not regret it

I agree with everyone on this! Invest in a foam roller or tennis ball for deep tissue massage afterwards! Calves! Yikes!

I just got this one. YIKES is right!!!

Works the LB to complete exhaustion. Floor work just killed me. Get it, get it, get it (you probably already did).

Natasha

I just got this one. YIKES is right!!!

Works the LB to complete exhaustion. Floor work just killed me. Get it, get it, get it (you probably already did).

Natasha

I just came up from doing this workout and think why don't I do this more often!! I made supper and did the first half before, and the "easier" portion floorwork after...NOT easy! Killer! I decided I want to do this dvd once a week now because I think it's what my lower body needs!

I love Lower Body Blast too! Butts and Guts always kills me too!!:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.