Great Stretch DVD

thanks for responding, this forum really kills my pocketbook.

I have the same problem. Reading about Lastics on VF is how I ended up purchasing it. I suppose the best way to not spend money is to stay away from the forums? That's a big fat NOT! for me. I enjoy my forums way too much to stay away and find they help keep me motivated with my fitness and nutrition.

Very effective stretch DVD. I've been looking for a good athletic stretch video for a long time and this certainly fits the bill!:) And as previous posters have stated, definitely a lot of work! Thanks for your recommendation!:D

Hi,

Is there a clip somewhere to view? I have no idea what athletic stretching is, as compared to a regular stretch workout like Cathe's DVD...

Hi,

Is there a clip somewhere to view? I have no idea what athletic stretching is, as compared to a regular stretch workout like Cathe's DVD...

Hi Deb,

I'm a newbie to Lastics and did it the first time on Sunday. By athletic....I've got DOMS from a stretch routine.

It's intense...and very effective.

Good luck!

LOL, Sass! Seriously, I have found this DVD so effective that I can't help but to tell fellow athletes about it. Maybe you folks who are doing the Cathe RT can take the train up the NYC afterward and take a couple Lastics classes. ;-)

Sadly, I won't be buying this after all. DVD $19.99, postage to UK $15!! It's so frustrating for overseas customers.

Sadly, I won't be buying this after all. DVD $19.99, postage to UK $15!! It's so frustrating for overseas customers.

I'm sorry about this. If only u knew someone with an APO address that could get it for you. Unfortunately I don't know anyone there right now.

I just did Lastics for the first time (ordered it based on reading this thread!) and I love it. I'm looking forward to the long term results. But just from doing it once -- and only the first half! -- I feel terrific. Like my muscles are warm, long, and happy. :D

Also, my 14yo daughter did it with me. She has a background in gymnastics and figure skating, and she was expecting it to be boring, but after five minutes she said, "Wow, she really knows what's she's talking about!" and we did the whole first half together. We're saving the second half for tomorrow. I agree that it's work, but in the best sense of the word. Work work! ;)

Thanks for the recommendation.

I really should stay away from these forums;). I just got the Lastics DVD. It looks so good! And God knows I am stiff as a board it seems!:)

I'm so glad you all love it as much as I do. I'll let everyone know when Donna comes out w/a follow up DVD (supposed to be later this year).

I'm wondering how everyone is doing with their Lastics dvd. I've had many neck/shoulder/back/hip issues and haven't been able to work out in several years. I've done various dvd's to help soothe those areas but to no avail. I'm thinking that perhaps a really good stretch dvd may be the way to go. I do have some at home and should probably pull them out but am looking for one that could really open up my problem areas. In reading reviews for Lastics, some were mentioning Karen Voigt's Full Body Stretch. Has anyone done that one? There were those that liked Karen's more than Lastics and vice versa. I know not everyone can like the same thing. Does anyone have both dvd's and prefer one over the other or is the another stretching dvd you've found that has helped your muscles where other dvd's haven't?

Thanks for your feedback.

Bam

I just ordered this one because the few yoga dvd's I have aren't really doing the job anymore. And after reading about this stretching, maybe it's me and how I'm doing it. So I just ordered it and will hopefully be trying it later this week. I will let you know how I do and feel after. I've been having lower back, hamstring, and quad tightness for a few months now and I have to try something.

I ordered the Lastics DVD a couple of months ago and definitely think it is a great DVD. However, I am struggling to do it on a regular basis. I am curious how people are including the Lastics into their rotation. I love to work out so much I have a hard time dedicating an hour to stretch only, even though I know how extremely important it is. Will doing it once a week provide benefits or have people found it requires multiple sessions a week? That is a rather silly question as I recognize doing it once a week is better than not at all :eek:

****runs with flaming credit card*****

LOL..we really, really, need a flaming credit card emoticon on here.

Cathe.com = home of the nicest fitness enablers in the world.

:p:D

Looking forward to trying this.

You people are all a bunch of enablers.....I just ordered it....where is the flaming credit card emoticon?

I'm a hugs fan of lastics! My only issue is that there's only 1 disc.....it gets a little boring! Basically, I've taken all her tips, suggestions and techniques, and I bear them in mind whilst doing my yoga dvds. Every so often (about once a month) I'll re-do the Lastics. The results have been phenomenal. I wish she'd bring out another (especially a hip one)!

You all are such enablers.:rolleyes: But, you wouldn't be if it weren't a good DVD. Did a lot of research about it yesterday and everyone's reviews, You Tube, and the site all look great. I went to Ebay and picked up a new one for just over $7.00.

I'm getting much older now and in desperate need of doing stretches as described. I can't wait for Lastics to arrive about the time Cathe DVD's do. It will work perfectly with her workouts.

Thank you Swimmer for the heads up.

Janie

Last edited:
I just got mine 2 days ago and did it last night. WOW!!!! What a difference it makes when you listen to her pointers. I'm glad I did it last night because I did slide n glide and the new great glutes during the day, so I knew I would probably need a good stretch that evening. I think that my hamstrings would have been screaming this morning if it wasn't for doing this last night before bed. Now when I do Cathe's other workouts, I know during the stretch how to have my knees and where the best place is to put my hands. Thanks to everyone here who recommended this dvd.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.